PDA

View Full Version : Remembering some BAD classic players!

Ashimar
01-06-2024, 02:52 PM
PLATLORD was like the El Chapo Guzman of P99. Probably did more RMT than anyone else and the server mods couldn't figure out who he was apparently. Or maybe they did eventually catch him... i dunno!

There used to be this cleric i think named Xosire or something that used to 0% rez unsuspecting player corpses and if they made the mistake of accepting he would emote laugh at them when they popped in. i know because i was a victim at the entrance of Karnor's Castle back in 2013. What a savage!

There also used to be this dwarf rogue named Hasbinbad. He pissed everyone off from what i remember. Something about F the US Military and F anyone that supports them! what good could come out of making a post like that?!

and then the corrupt moderators Uthgaard then later Sirken!

There are a ton through out the history of the server and i'd like to know about them! what are some famous P99 badguys?!

Toxigen
01-06-2024, 03:39 PM
hi recondo

Naethyn
01-06-2024, 03:57 PM
Auctioneer Beardo, the original ec fatcat.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=8661/auctioneer-beardo#comments

https://imgur.com/EwTPcHz.jpg

https://imgur.com/yIUIHqn.jpg

Ratchet51
01-06-2024, 08:57 PM
I like to see the good in every player. They all have something to offer this vibrant and diverse community.

Tann
01-06-2024, 09:58 PM
Auctioneer Beardo, the original ec fatcat.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=8661/auctioneer-beardo#comments

https://imgur.com/EwTPcHz.jpg

https://imgur.com/yIUIHqn.jpg

i remember having to deal with him a few times, biggest git in Norrath

Gozuk
01-07-2024, 11:22 AM
Not from P99 but shoutout to Maximillious (sp?) on live Bertoxx server.

Made a name for himself by leading Naggy raids and ninja looting the CoF more than once.

Elizondo
01-07-2024, 12:55 PM
Salty <Fish Bait>

Swish
01-07-2024, 03:38 PM
BDA were probably the worst guild on the server. Taking 120 people to a ringfenced "casual" Trakanon while recruiting more people and simultaneously trying to shut smaller casual guilds out of the casual rotation.

Then when the staff said they weren't fencing off Velious pixels for casual guilds they couldn't get any FTEs, said the raid scene was trash and dispersed.

Infectious
01-07-2024, 10:03 PM
PLATLORD was like the El Chapo Guzman of P99. Probably did more RMT than anyone else and the server mods couldn't figure out who he was apparently. Or maybe they did eventually catch him... i dunno!

There used to be this cleric i think named Xosire or something that used to 0% rez unsuspecting player corpses and if they made the mistake of accepting he would emote laugh at them when they popped in. i know because i was a victim at the entrance of Karnor's Castle back in 2013. What a savage!

There also used to be this dwarf rogue named Hasbinbad. He pissed everyone off from what i remember. Something about F the US Military and F anyone that supports them! what good could come out of making a post like that?!

There are a ton through out the history of the server and i'd like to know about them! what are some famous P99 badguys?!

Wonder which state all them western unions were going to for Mr Platlord before he switched to PayPal fnf only? Lol

aussenseiter
01-07-2024, 10:07 PM
Wonder which state all them western unions were going to for Mr Platlord before he switched to PayPal fnf only? Lol

ZLMaCprRcu8

rebeccablack
01-08-2024, 02:16 PM
Swish will still be seething about BDA at 85 in his nursing home bed to anyone who will listen

Baldwooky
01-08-2024, 04:15 PM
Sam Deathwalker for the win.

Swish
01-08-2024, 11:37 PM
Swish will still be seething about BDA at 85 in his nursing home bed to anyone who will listen

I think the opposite is true. Who wins on a 120 member Trakanon loot council kill? lol

Insomnia
01-09-2024, 12:38 AM
Sam Deathwalker for the win.

I followed his progress in WoW too, he was hunted quite often and was always getting his ass kicked. A guy named Prepared mainly would wipe him out constantly with ease with a 5 DK setup. Though he was overly entertaining on the FoH forums and I enjoyed his shitposts

Cecily
01-09-2024, 04:30 PM
I think the opposite is true. Who wins on a 120 member Trakanon loot council kill? lol
An officer who hasn't logged on for a year, but he's been back this week and everyone loves him so we wanted him to have this Dragon Hero Bracer.

Rygar
01-10-2024, 08:25 PM
Lunatik from P99 for his PoM shady shenanigans. Was getting torn up in the RnF about him but was unaffected, just kept listing his thrones for sale.

cd288
01-11-2024, 11:09 AM
Wasn't Xosire the one who came back like a year or so ago and logged in guild bots and got them banned?

khysanth
01-11-2024, 03:27 PM

120 people who are long gone still living rent free in your head :o

arsenalpow
01-11-2024, 05:52 PM
120 people who are long gone still living rent free in your head :o

And it’s weird, I don’t think about him at all. Sad existence.

Jimjam
01-12-2024, 04:15 AM
Whats the name of that guy who got the warrior epic nerfed cos he didn’t realise —ac is big ++ aggro?

Rader
01-12-2024, 10:34 PM
does Tralina or Knuckles count?

quido
01-13-2024, 05:23 AM
Xosire Dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=OG1ncGIerWA

A GM actually summoned him to stop him from getting away

Arteker
02-08-2024, 09:45 PM
Xosire Dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=OG1ncGIerWA

A GM actually summoned him to stop him from getting away

DAMM that sexual yellow monster tankin kc trash ,,,, there will be nothing like him untill joe biden get Chest pregnant

Pootle
02-15-2024, 06:40 AM
I played on Vallon Zek (Teams PvP) waaaaay back when Kurnark was released.

I do remember a guild called <Shanks> who were Barbarian only guild, had a Rog player who de-leveled after getting his Epic, back when you maintained your skills and could still equip epic after de-leveling.

He used to terrorize people leveling in High-Pass, killed my little Druid a number of times.

Cant remember his name, but will never forget that guild.

Duik
02-15-2024, 07:57 AM
They celebrated Shanksgiving day. Which was everyday.

cd288
02-15-2024, 11:33 AM

I do remember a guild called <Shanks> who were Barbarian only guild, had a Rog player who de-leveled after getting his Epic, back when you maintained your skills and could still equip epic after de-leveling.

He used to terrorize people leveling in High-Pass, killed my little Druid a number of times.

The really amazing part of this story is people leveling in Highpass. Happened on Green here and there in the early days too. Miss people grouping in random spots like that.

Allishia
02-15-2024, 04:26 PM

Platlord was never banned, seen his bard in the tunnel a few times in the past year or so.

cd288
02-15-2024, 05:51 PM
I feel like all of us should be nominated for bad classic players at some point. The things we all probably didn't realize for quite awhile... lol

Pootle
02-16-2024, 05:21 AM
The really amazing part of this story is people leveling in Highpass. Happened on Green here and there in the early days too. Miss people grouping in random spots like that.

With the Teams PvP, it really changed the dynamic of the world. Oasis and Ro were usually controlled by the Evil Race team, so it meant you had to find other zones to level in.

Tnair
02-16-2024, 08:52 AM
I feel like all of us should be nominated for bad classic players at some point. The things we all probably didn't realize for quite awhile... lol

my first ten minutes on p99, i found someone farming my hometown guards in neriak and attempted to train them with the necromancer sisters on the roof to stop this blasphemy and protect my people. then complained to new guild about someone killing my guards, and they let me know my homeland defense was against server rules, so i gave it up

i think that was the last time i was a bad player on p99

unless ditching PoG raid from sheer boredom counts, god dam those mobs take forever

Jimjam
02-16-2024, 09:50 AM
my first ten minutes on p99, i found someone farming my hometown guards in neriak and attempted to train them with the necromancer sisters on the roof to stop this blasphemy and protect my people. then complained to new guild about someone killing my guards, and they let me know my homeland defense was against server rules, so i gave it up

unless ditching PoG raid from sheer boredom counts, god dam those mobs take forever

The trick is to turn on auto attack on the thriftling, afk to cook and eat a full roast dinner, return when it is down to 5% hp remaining.

Whyt
02-16-2024, 07:02 PM
I played there too, and I also remember him as he killed one of my toons quite a bit as well... it's going to bother me that I can't think of his name...

Whyt
02-16-2024, 07:05 PM

Sorry I didnt reply to quote the first time - gonna bother me what his name is as i remember him too.

cd288
02-20-2024, 11:41 AM

Lol this is pretty funny. Did you actually kill the player with the train?

PoG is much easier once a guild gets their kite strategy down. Otherwise yeah it's a slog

Whyt
02-20-2024, 11:45 AM

Holy crap I think I just remembered his name ... ARPAD!

Sodapop
02-23-2024, 03:30 AM
Tralina

Tnair
02-23-2024, 10:43 AM
Lol this is pretty funny. Did you actually kill the player with the train?

PoG is much easier once a guild gets their kite strategy down. Otherwise yeah it's a slog

fortunately/sadly no, i complained to the guild chat while in the process and they let me know I was attempting a bannable offense :/ so the murderer remained at large

cd288
02-26-2024, 11:30 AM
Holy crap I think I just remembered his name ... ARPAD!

Stuff like this is always an indicator to me of how different EQ is from many other games. Not that there aren't games where you remember stuff like this years later, because there are, but I feel like EQ is one of a few games where there's just so much more of this.

Would probably blow Arpad's mind to know that he was so infamous that like a quarter of a century later multiple people are talking about him on a forum for an emulated server of EQ.

NachtMystium
02-28-2024, 02:27 PM
That's gonna be a grats bladefrenzy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymN3-DjRimw

NachtMystium
02-28-2024, 02:29 PM
That's gonna be a grats bladefrenzy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymN3-DjRimw

Also can't forget this golden gem, the ryantwins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVbMsn6gptk

Swish
02-28-2024, 03:41 PM
Tralina

the Sweetbone Barkery kickstarter scam :o

NachtMystium
02-28-2024, 03:52 PM
the Sweetbone Barkery kickstarter scam :o

can i get a quick rundown of tralina... there was a guy r00t affiliated with her also iirc

Hasbinbad
03-06-2024, 10:46 PM
hi

arc
03-15-2024, 06:36 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/20101107212636/http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/jamesvz/487-most_important_event_raiding_history.html

Mead
03-17-2024, 03:16 AM
Asinine Cowboy is up there with my favorites

Swish
03-17-2024, 05:34 AM
was it his fault the RL pic thread got deleted in off topic?

Mead
03-18-2024, 12:12 AM
was it his fault the RL pic thread got deleted in off topic?

https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11887

anonymouse123
03-18-2024, 09:26 AM
Night dating. Easy and simple.
Real-life Girls (https://datesnow.life)

Jimjam
04-14-2024, 11:35 AM
Night dating. Easy and simple.
Real-life Girls (https://datesnow.life)

Not that kind of playa, silly robot.

Wakanda
04-19-2024, 08:07 AM

I probably shouldn't say this, but when I first discovered P99, I hadn't played EverQuest in over 20 years and didn't even know something like this existed. I went on Youtube and basically just searched EverQuest, not expecting there to be any videos up but I just wanted to see what the game looked like and if I remembered it. So I discovered P99. Green was a really new server, manastones still dropped etc.

Again, had no intention of playing the game, so I just installed it and logged in because I wanted to see if I remembered what certain zones looked like etc. I don't remember why, but I got aggro and when I ran to the guard, he was dead and I saw some stupid Troll Shaman just looking at me. I immediately pulled guards and ran them behind him, knowing they would path back into him after they killed me, if I died 10 feet behind him without him seeing me. And it worked, he 100% died, and actually lost a level, and was on an entirely different continent. I felt satisfied, but I remember briefly reading on PNP that trains aren't allowed or something.

So I immediately destroyed all evidence (deleted this level 1 gnome, this happened in Steamfont mountains), and then created a character in Freeport because I wanted to see EC tunnel. A few minutes later, someone messaged me and just said "why? just why...." and I typed /who all that persons name and they weren't online, so I realized they had to be a GM. I typed /quit, and didn't touch the game for weeks.

Then I got addicted. I know that sounds crazy AF to just log into P99 and intentionally train someone and get them killed, but this was the norm the last time I played the game like 20 something years ago and I basically picked up where I left off, lol. Once I started playing on P99 I never did that kind of thing.

I honestly don't understand why P99 is so policed though. Like you can log onto Daybreak game servers right now and train, KS, rage out on people in OOC all night long, every night, and not get in trouble. IDK why they feel the need to be so hands on with the simulators. Not staff bashing either. I just wonder what the early days of P99 were like and why they decided they needed more of an authoritarian approach to the game to the point where you're scared you might get banned for typing the wrong thing or accidentally training someone or pulling the wrong mob.

Like to a certain point I think that MMOs are about players coming to agreements with one another. That's one of the main reasons WoW died or is dying too. They kind of removed the need to interact with other players or build relationships with other players when they went to x-realm and got rid of the need for 10 and 25 man raiding guilds.

Jimjam
04-19-2024, 08:49 AM
I probably shouldn't say this, but when I first discovered P99, I hadn't played EverQuest in over 20 years and didn't even know something like this existed. I went on Youtube and basically just searched EverQuest, not expecting there to be any videos up but I just wanted to see what the game looked like and if I remembered it. So I discovered P99. Green was a really new server, manastones still dropped etc.

Again, had no intention of playing the game, so I just installed it and logged in because I wanted to see if I remembered what certain zones looked like etc. I don't remember why, but I got aggro and when I ran to the guard, he was dead and I saw some stupid Troll Shaman just looking at me. I immediately pulled guards and ran them behind him, knowing they would path back into him after they killed me, if I died 10 feet behind him without him seeing me. And it worked, he 100% died, and actually lost a level, and was on an entirely different continent. I felt satisfied, but I remember briefly reading on PNP that trains aren't allowed or something.

So I immediately destroyed all evidence (deleted this level 1 gnome, this happened in Steamfont mountains), and then created a character in Freeport because I wanted to see EC tunnel. A few minutes later, someone messaged me and just said "why? just why...." and I typed /who all that persons name and they weren't online, so I realized they had to be a GM. I typed /quit, and didn't touch the game for weeks.

Then I got addicted. I know that sounds crazy AF to just log into P99 and intentionally train someone and get them killed, but this was the norm the last time I played the game like 20 something years ago and I basically picked up where I left off, lol. Once I started playing on P99 I never did that kind of thing.

I honestly don't understand why P99 is so policed though. Like you can log onto Daybreak game servers right now and train, KS, rage out on people in OOC all night long, every night, and not get in trouble. IDK why they feel the need to be so hands on with the simulators. Not staff bashing either. I just wonder what the early days of P99 were like and why they decided they needed more of an authoritarian approach to the game to the point where you're scared you might get banned for typing the wrong thing or accidentally training someone or pulling the wrong mob.

Like to a certain point I think that MMOs are about players coming to agreements with one another. That's one of the main reasons WoW died or is dying too. They kind of removed the need to interact with other players or build relationships with other players when they went to x-realm and got rid of the need for 10 and 25 man raiding guilds.

Your post kinda answers its own question <3

azeth
04-20-2024, 05:11 PM
I was bad at everything except being in attendance /shrug

Duik
04-21-2024, 03:31 AM
It's OK (if you are a boy) to have a dick. It is entirely not OK to be one.

Those of us who are penis challenged extra-polate (super-fluous super-fluosity) it to use the word "vagina or the colloquial sea hunt".

Jimjam: 1
OP: 0

Duik
04-21-2024, 03:32 AM
Oops. Above post refers to Wank Hander.

Pulgasari
04-21-2024, 11:33 AM
It's OK (if you are a boy) to have a dick. It is entirely not OK to be one.

Those of us who are penis challenged extra-polate (super-fluous super-fluosity) it to use the word "vagina or the colloquial sea hunt".

Jimjam: 1
OP: 0

EverQuest is rude.

Viscere
04-21-2024, 11:36 AM
Lenfer

95% RA but was as likely to train you as much as the opposing guild

total liability

Wakanda
04-21-2024, 09:07 PM
Your post kinda answers its own question <3

I mean seriously though, how does TLP survive with such lax rules? The general and class channels are basically 4chan. You can steal pulls and intentionally KS. Getting trained is common. Sometimes I ninja loot to see if anyone will even notice, and no one has ever even called me out on it because with the automated loot, no one seems to notice.

Yet people still pay to play there.

I really don't think EverQuest requires a human being sitting there with their finger on the dial 24/7 looking for someone to hem up for wrong think.

Trexller
04-21-2024, 09:55 PM
Imagine how much online multi-player games will suck once AI is trained to play them

Like an autistic asian dude that doesn't have to eat sleep or work

Toxigen
04-22-2024, 08:54 AM
Lenfer

95% RA but was as likely to train you as much as the opposing guild

total liability

lol

Viscian
04-22-2024, 10:28 AM
I think Platford was just about finished on P99 at one point. Then a GM named Ephi stole plat from banned accounts and sold him millions of plat. Probably around 2013-2014??

cd288
04-22-2024, 10:53 AM
I mean seriously though, how does TLP survive with such lax rules? The general and class channels are basically 4chan. You can steal pulls and intentionally KS. Getting trained is common. Sometimes I ninja loot to see if anyone will even notice, and no one has ever even called me out on it because with the automated loot, no one seems to notice.

Yet people still pay to play there.

I really don't think EverQuest requires a human being sitting there with their finger on the dial 24/7 looking for someone to hem up for wrong think.

Yes the guy named "Wakanda" who just created an account in Feb 2024 to post about how the staff over-police the server is some innocent dude who just stumbled on P99 lol.

More likely he's been banned multiple times for griefing people. The server is policed so we can all enjoy the game without BS. When I was CSR on Live players like you were always my most disliked..."hey I just trained intentionally trained this group that was just trying to get some casual EXP and caused them to lose all their progress from this evening, what's the big deal?" Used to love banning people like you.

Pulgasari
04-22-2024, 12:07 PM
Yes the guy named "Wakanda" who just created an account in Feb 2024 to post about how the staff over-police the server is some innocent dude who just stumbled on P99 lol.

More likely he's been banned multiple times for griefing people. The server is policed so we can all enjoy the game without BS. When I was CSR on Live players like you were always my most disliked..."hey I just trained intentionally trained this group that was just trying to get some casual EXP and caused them to lose all their progress from this evening, what's the big deal?" Used to love banning people like you.

That's called killing the messenger.