PDA

View Full Version : everfrost ice giant drama

Valakut
01-03-2024, 08:22 AM
posting for archival purposes. when people wonder what happened to blue. what happened to the original community of everquest players. why did all the 40 to 60 year old original everquest players disappear. it might have been because they didn't want to raise someone elses children.

https://i.imgur.com/GAZyRDY.jpg

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 09:52 AM
I think you are the problem, not Loveau.

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 09:52 AM
Maybe dughan, probalby an afk bot / or box / being slowly afk lvld

anyway ur not the shiniest turd in this fishbowl

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 09:53 AM
i mean toilet

Toxigen
01-03-2024, 10:04 AM
problem at paineel too

highly sus

strongNpretty
01-03-2024, 11:48 AM
problem at paineel too

highly sus

For real.

Smoofers
01-03-2024, 12:07 PM
Loveu seems like a competent communicator and someone with reasonable emotional intelligence (aka EQ). OP comes across as the immature one here.

void221
01-03-2024, 12:19 PM
use /ignore and do your thing .. f*ck other players that gives you only bad feelings

wuanahto
01-03-2024, 01:10 PM
this is what no grouping does to a bitch

Andyman1022
01-03-2024, 01:12 PM
OP sounds like the child not the other guy.

Chintofv
01-03-2024, 01:18 PM
Why would OP need to let someone know they were taking the back giant? As long as I can remember, they are 2 distinct camps. Double loot weekends brings out the greed.

Valakut
01-03-2024, 01:26 PM
can anyone that has commented in this thread confirm they've even been to ice giants? it's a fairly unique situation being an outdoor zone with 3 distinct spawn locations that has no official ruling on the wiki thus just falling into outdoor camp territory. or do you just login for pick 3 hot so that you can resell loot outside of the guild and avoid farming on your own for yourself?

since someone else brought up paineel we got in and out in 3 days. and we invited randoms to group and let them take all the loot. and for anyone out of our level range they were fully buffed and sent thanks. i just had to let that thread go out of respect for Razlog.

please keep the flames coming im trying my best to keep RNF going to some degree. whether you agree or not is irrelevant. just make sure to comment with absolutely certainty.

WarpathEQ
01-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Never understood why its so hard for people to do a simple camp check when entering a zone that you plan on EXPing in. Especially a spawn area that is most often always camped like the Ice Giants.

You: /ooc CC?
Them: Ice Giants
You: Which Ones?
Them: I've been doing all 3
You: I'm going to take one, do you have a preference?
Them: Take the back one then

In a matter of 30 seconds all potential conflict is avoided.

Also you mentioned concerns over the wiki being unclear so I'm just going to post the very first sentence under "An Ice Giant":

"The keep guards in Everfrost are often broken into three solo camps:"

Not only are the rules clear for outdoor zones that you can only claim a single mob as a camp, It literally says that on the first line of the wiki. Honestly this is the first time I've ever heard of a camp dispute over Ice giants.

Toxigen
01-03-2024, 02:21 PM
Never understood why its so hard for people to do a simple camp check when entering a zone that you plan on EXPing in. Especially a spawn area that is most often always camped like the Ice Giants.

You: /ooc CC?
Them: Ice Giants
You: Which Ones?
Them: I've been doing all 3
You: I'm going to take one, do you have a preference?
Them: Take the back one then

In a matter of 30 seconds all potential conflict is avoided.

Also you mentioned concerns over the wiki being unclear so I'm just going to post the very first sentence under "An Ice Giant":

"The keep guards in Everfrost are often broken into three solo camps:"

Not only are the rules clear for outdoor zones that you can only claim a single mob as a camp, It literally says that on the first line of the wiki. Honestly this is the first time I've ever heard of a camp dispute over Ice giants.

elfsim isnt exactly a hotbed of well-adjusted adults

strongNpretty
01-03-2024, 02:30 PM
I mean honestly, if i show up to ice giants and i see somebody burnin down all 3. I just let them have the camp. Fuck the outdoor rules shit. I'm not gonna interrupt his/her grind and flow, just to take 1 single ice giant. I just show up, "oh all 3 are dead, camps taken". Move onto check or try another camp!

Ripqozko
01-03-2024, 02:43 PM
I mean honestly, if i show up to ice giants and i see somebody burnin down all 3. I just let them have the camp. Fuck the outdoor rules shit. I'm not gonna interrupt his/her grind and flow, just to take 1 single ice giant. I just show up, "oh all 3 are dead, camps taken". Move onto check or try another camp!

You also failed on all 3 servers so there is that

strongNpretty
01-03-2024, 03:12 PM
You also failed on all 3 servers so there is that

This is true. I failed to beat P99 on 3 servers. All hail Rip, who has successfully completed P99 on 3 servers. His accomplishments must be recognized by the community. The champ

Smoofers
01-03-2024, 03:27 PM
I heard he got warder loot

Jimjam
01-03-2024, 04:17 PM

Exactly. Me having 1 ice giant isn’t really good for me nor them. EQ is a big place, I can find something else to do.

strongNpretty
01-03-2024, 04:36 PM
I heard he got warder loot

But if he didn't get the warder loot on all 3 servers, can we award him as champ still?

eqravenprince
01-03-2024, 05:00 PM
Seems like there is more to the story. Can't really comment without seeing what happened 3 weeks ago.

Ripqozko
01-03-2024, 05:45 PM
But if he didn't get the warder loot on all 3 servers, can we award him as champ still?

It’s not really my fault you failed everywhere you went , I’m sorry that you did.

strongNpretty
01-03-2024, 06:09 PM
It’s not really my fault you failed everywhere you went , I’m sorry that you did.

I understand that my love. But i'm just wondering if you got warder loot on more than 1 server. Champ.

Duik
01-09-2024, 05:22 PM
So warders drop candy forever , but only if Kerafyrm is'nt killed right? And Kerafyrm drops absolutely nothing right?
So, killing sleeper is just a dick move to keep warder loot exclusive?
Whos (fucked up) Genius plan was that on a Velious locked server?
Definately not sorry I don't got warder loot.

Ohh and frosty piñatas blah blah i wanna suck some icy toes...

aaezil
01-10-2024, 04:00 AM
Sorry you dont got starter zone mob or something

Jimjam
01-10-2024, 04:17 AM
So warders drop candy forever , but only if Kerafyrm is'nt killed right? And Kerafyrm drops absolutely nothing right?
So, killing sleeper is just a dick move to keep warder loot exclusive?
Whos (fucked up) Genius plan was that on a Velious locked server?
Definately not sorry I don't got warder loot.

Ohh and frosty piñatas blah blah i wanna suck some icy toes...

You don’t kill the sleeper* you wake it. This is done by simultaneously killing the four warders that protect the enchantment that assures it’s slumber.

Once the sleeper is awoken it goes on a rampage across Velious, slaying all those which imprisoned it.

* the pvp server actually managed to kill the sleeper when they woke it (post Planes of Power) with Russian tactics. It annoyed the GMs quite a bit!

** honestly the biggest disappointment in Green is that we didn’t keep the sleeper, gear up and try to repeat history and kill the damned thing.

Duik
01-10-2024, 07:06 AM
Oh so you dont even need to kill it? Fucking pussies then.

mcoy
01-10-2024, 08:48 AM
Wait, they woke it on green too?

https://imgur.com/oOXDJDU.jpg

-Mcoy

aaezil
01-11-2024, 04:51 AM
If you fail to kill it it should wipe all characters

WarpathEQ
01-11-2024, 10:50 AM
If you fail to kill it it should wipe all characters

That would only create more incentive for the loot denying turds that want to wake him in the first place

WarpathEQ
01-11-2024, 10:51 AM
Maybe if it was a full server reset including respawning the warders than it would be worth it.

Toxigen
01-11-2024, 11:18 AM
but make ST a pvp zone

Zwieback
01-24-2024, 03:27 AM
Name Loveu is against policy. Report.

malakide
01-27-2024, 04:04 AM
Frost Giants are outside FTE there is no need for pleasantries they want to be AFK or not keep up on spawns or get the FTE that's on them /ignore them and move on they try to KS you after you get the FTE /petition and continue on

Ciderpress
01-30-2024, 07:25 PM
Loveu seems like a competent communicator and someone with reasonable emotional intelligence (aka EQ). OP comes across as the immature one here.

"emotional intelligence" is a redundant term. It's just "intelligence".

Troxx
01-31-2024, 02:37 PM
I don’t think you understand the definition of emotional intelligence. It is entirely separate from intellectual and cognitive skilled - working memory, knowledge retention/integration, analytical thinking etc.

People scatter all over the place - some have a lot of EQ and IQ, others have tons of EQ but low IQ, some are the reverse. Some are average to low at both.

In general people with low IQ have low EQ. As IQ level rises EQ typically does to but at the very high end of the IQ spectrum you tend to see a EQ for these individuals start to drop again proportional to the degree their IQ is abnormally high.

aussenseiter
01-31-2024, 02:47 PM
I don’t think you understand the definition of emotional intelligence. It is entirely separate from intellectual and cognitive skilled - working memory, knowledge retention/integration, analytical thinking etc.

People scatter all over the place - some have a lot of EQ and IQ, others have tons of EQ but low IQ, some are the reverse. Some are average to low at both.

In general people with low IQ have low EQ. As IQ level rises EQ typically does to but at the very high end of the IQ spectrum you tend to see a EQ for these individuals start to drop again proportional to the degree their IQ is abnormally high.

Intelligence is what you do. Faith without works is dead.

Ciderpress
01-31-2024, 03:08 PM

An what is the criteria for distinguishing an "emotionally intelligent" decision from simply an "intelligent" decision? I'm just highly skeptical of any apparently new or trendy academic subject, specifically because the methodology is almost always awful and researchers with a positive bias toward their subject get excited about one or two papers that prove nothing.

The whole emotional iq concept just sounds like the intelligence\wisdom relationship repackaged.

Duik
01-31-2024, 03:30 PM
That post was Altogether too Ooloof.