PDA

View Full Version : What are you gearing up for?

zelld52
12-29-2023, 10:51 AM
When I first started P99 about 2 years ago, I assumed that because of the cap on expansions, the end-scene raids would be a revolving door of players. Certainly, most players would do a few of the end-game raids, and then realize there's no more progression and quit.

This seems to be the average experience of the end-game raider.

However, there are some players that have been raiding ToV since 2021, and are still at it. My question is: What are you gearing up for?

I saw a player the other day who was wearing (7) slots of Vulak gear. Among basically BiS for every other slot. On Green.

This makes me think that Luclin is indeed dropping in 2024. What else could you possibly be gearing up for? What is there still left to obtain / achieve?

#LuclinConfirmed2024

Toxigen
12-30-2023, 02:22 PM
BiS players on green have 1-7 BiS / near BiS chars on blue

hope this helps

Smoofers
12-30-2023, 03:27 PM
Filed under mad and jealous.

Evia
12-31-2023, 02:12 AM
I think your assumptions is what's confusing you here
see, you're assuming that other people play this game exactly the same as you do
which is understandable bc most people try to understand other people through their own eyes after all
but the reality is that most people who play on p99 ( an emulated server of a 20+ year old mmorpg mind you) probably just reallyfucking love this game. So they're going to play it. A lot. And probably acquire lots of Vulak pieces in the process.

Duik
12-31-2023, 03:44 AM
Socks are gonna sock. If they still can because they placed themsleves in a position (job that allows such, self employed, unemployed etc). Its what they wanna do and get out of it what they need.
Tradeskillers gonna, SSF gonna, casual gonna...

I wouldnt consider playing unless i could get at least a few self found stuff in classic era.
Not the stuff requiring socks though. So gbs, guise, sow boots, etc are a no (for meeeee) but crafted, ivy etched, banded, FS plate, yummy mini stat foods, booooze etc are all i need.
Not afraid to buy a yak, fbss (eventually), after the floods of super duper xtra keen diehards.
I love me a druid sprouting leaves or a bard droppin' da beat as they pass. But spend all dat time fucking killin shit to get it? I dont phucken phink so.

Id love a char called Vulaking, cuz i would definately be.

Duik
12-31-2023, 03:47 AM
Also, imma be in 2024 before most of yas. Ill report if da whoresman are in da house.

Duik
12-31-2023, 08:52 AM
10 mins till da whoresman!

Duik
12-31-2023, 09:13 AM
Clippity clop, clippity clop.
Ohes Noes! Imma look a bit silly at gods door begging entry...

wuanahto
01-01-2024, 08:14 PM
I made a female erudite cleric. Using leather gear so I can always have ass and tits out. hp/mana > sta > wis. cant see shit other than ass and tits but that was the point.

Duik
01-02-2024, 01:14 AM
T > A?

aaezil
01-02-2024, 03:26 AM
Its fun to play a game you like with your friends. Oh yeah sometimes gear drops i guess.

Troxx
01-02-2024, 12:11 PM
If all the folks who 'beat the game' stopped gearing up and moved on to a new game, the game would either die or no longer have enough people playing to support any significant level of raid play.

Typically speaking, players are either raiders or they are not. Those who prioritize raiding have always known which guilds to join to scratch that itch.

Troxx
01-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Addendum:

It would be nice if raid guilds prioritized the gearing of dedicated mains (especially new folks who prove their worth) over indiscriminately allowing gear to go to someone else's 5th alt.

Regardless, if you put in the time you'll get yours in the end.

Toxigen
01-02-2024, 12:40 PM
Addendum:

It would be nice if raid guilds prioritized the gearing of dedicated mains (especially new folks who prove their worth) over indiscriminately allowing gear to go to someone else's 5th alt.

If you did that you'd hear the screams of the sweaties when BiS stuff dropped and got defaulted to a main.

DKP is DKP - you spend it as you see fit and thats that.

Ripqozko
01-02-2024, 12:45 PM
Addendum:

dkp is just a paycheck of time spent. no one is a main 9 years into velious, hope that helped.

Naethyn
01-02-2024, 01:25 PM
It's not about the loot you get. It's about the loot they didn't get. Sorry you don't got.

Toxigen
01-02-2024, 02:04 PM
It's not about the loot you get. It's about the loot they didn't get. Sorry you don't got.

this guy raids

Rygar
01-04-2024, 08:17 PM
Can't wait until this changes BiS forever making casters cry from all that wasted DKP

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284177&highlight=Mana

Videri
01-04-2024, 11:13 PM
Can't wait until this changes BiS forever making casters cry from all that wasted DKP

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284177&highlight=Mana

Chaotic Neutral ^

Bardp1999
01-05-2024, 01:38 AM
However, there are some players that have been raiding ToV since 2021, and are still at it.

Oh my sweet summer child, how terribly, terribly misinformed you are

Baldwooky
01-05-2024, 09:24 AM
Easy.
Deleveling.

enjchanter
01-05-2024, 07:01 PM
When I was playing actively I used my nearly bis enchanter to deny loot in Howling Stones

So I was mostly gearing up so I could wait a few extra seconds to tab back in on charm breaks

Bardp1999
01-05-2024, 07:12 PM
Denying others loot is a key element to Everquest

enjchanter
01-05-2024, 07:15 PM
Denying others loot is a key element to Everquest

I mean the loot in this game is so easy to get that denying it is the only actual challenging part

Ripqozko
01-05-2024, 07:19 PM
I mean the loot in this game is so easy to get that denying it is the only actual challenging part

Denying warder loot is eternal

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-10-2024, 03:45 PM
My question is: What are you gearing up for?

I'm gearing up for my brother Steve, who was born with his heart outside of his body. He only lived six months but sometimes I would put his incubator next to my gaming rig, and I swear his heart skipped a beat when I dinged lvl 10. Level 10! Oh God bless those simpler days.

I'm still gearing up for Steve.
https://i.imgur.com/KJ7RjUf.jpg

reznor_
01-10-2024, 05:29 PM
The coming race wars

reznor_
01-10-2024, 05:30 PM
Denying warder loot is eternal

you got that right. and they dont got.

Rager and Quitter
01-11-2024, 12:01 PM
Lol!

Imagine being such a lifeless unachiever that you think getting items in a dead video game is some sort of feat. Each piece of gear you brag about having is a testament to your unapologetically meaningless existence.

reznor_
01-11-2024, 12:13 PM
Lol!

Imagine being such a lifeless unachiever that you think getting items in a dead video game is some sort of feat. Each piece of gear you brag about having is a testament to your unapologetically meaningless existence.

sorry you dont got warder loot

Ripqozko
01-11-2024, 12:18 PM
Lol!

I’d be this mad too if I didn’t have
Consider yellow server , sorry you don’t got warder loot

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-11-2024, 01:03 PM
Lol!

You put it in such a negative way though. That's unfair. You want to see wasted time? Go to a nursing home. They just sit there all day. Need to at least roll a druid.

Rager and Quitter
01-11-2024, 01:13 PM
Lol!! What the fuck is a warder?

Toxigen
01-11-2024, 01:34 PM
The coming race wars

lmao

magnetaress
01-12-2024, 01:38 AM
The saddest thing is that ppl don't play together anymore. They just farm plat so they can buy items from enchanters so they can solo farm more plat to buy more shit from enchanters. And the worst part is chanters and even casters in general aren't even rly classic here.

Someone should just release a prepackaged single player version of EQ classic server u just double click and launch like a single player game at this point so autistic ppl can just go ahead and do there thing without worrying about someone taking giant #3.

enjchanter
01-12-2024, 01:04 PM
playing with other ppl is annoying but if they arent there then theres no one to sell my stuff to so its a trade off

Evia
01-12-2024, 03:21 PM
I was watching a YouTube by this guy named redbeard Flynn where he basically said what you two are referencing. That in mmorpgs the novelty of playing with other players from around the world has worn off. So now more than ever people 0lay mmorpgs basically in "clicks" aka guilds or static groups, and pick up groups and meeting new players is no longer a part of the mmorpg experience. Sad but mostly true.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Lol!! What the fuck is a warder?

That's a gear deal. It's where the players you poach from a competing guild a week after they got it, got it.

The smart guild feeds on the remains of the first run peeps. All you need is somebody who can do convincing cyber. Boom, you got a BiS rogue w/ warder loot. Or so I've heard.

Wait. That's likely not a thing anymore, right? "Cyber" is a money thing now or something? Or is that Crytp-y? Isn't Crypt-y something now?

I'm going back to take a nap. After I have some warm broth. BiS warm broth, too. Got those gelatinized drops of Emperor Ssraeshza's chicken fat that drops in the Emperor fight. That's my chill.

Luclin plz.

Castle2.0
01-17-2024, 01:41 PM
Gearing up for the next mega bull run driven by undisciplined monetary and fiscal policy that will drive asset prices higher.

Why did you camp your manastones?

wuanahto
01-19-2024, 09:02 PM
T > A?

irish roots so yes

Arvan
01-20-2024, 01:10 AM
That's a gear deal. It's where the players you poach from a competing guild a week after they got it, got it.

The smart guild feeds on the remains of the first run peeps. All you need is somebody who can do convincing cyber. Boom, you got a BiS rogue w/ warder loot. Or so I've heard.

Wait. That's likely not a thing anymore, right? "Cyber" is a money thing now or something? Or is that Crytp-y? Isn't Crypt-y something now?

I'm going back to take a nap. After I have some warm broth. BiS warm broth, too. Got those gelatinized drops of Emperor Ssraeshza's chicken fat that drops in the Emperor fight. That's my chill.

Luclin plz.

consider quarm maybe if they ever fix the pos camera

Snaggles
01-20-2024, 12:09 PM
OP assumed this was a rational progression server where people did two years on a single main and bounced with feelings of accomplishment.

WTB Rose-colored Glasses

Infectious
01-20-2024, 12:20 PM
The saddest thing is that ppl don't play together anymore. They just farm plat so they can buy items from enchanters so they can solo farm more plat to buy more shit from enchanters. And the worst part is chanters and even casters in general aren't even rly classic here.

Someone should just release a prepackaged single player version of EQ classic server u just double click and launch like a single player game at this point so autistic ppl can just go ahead and do there thing without worrying about someone taking giant #3.

Join a guild, put minimal effort outside of just showing up. Collect dkp. Buy items for high plat value and sell.

WipeItClean2024
01-29-2024, 11:23 AM
What are you gearing up for?

The mental illness olympics