PDA

View Full Version : I gotta quit EQ again.

magnetaress
12-28-2023, 10:21 PM
It just hurts to try and play this game.

Even on quarm. Even on EZ server. Don't have the life in me anymore.

I'm fucking sad pepes. My best memories in life where in EQ. How dumb is that? Liek for reals. Not that I didn't have good memories outside of EQ, I had a few good memories, butt it's all regretful shit in the end anyway. I'm sure my Ex's are like fuck this person. And I didn't really do anything good for the world.

So how fucking shit is that. That EQ was the best I could do, and that is gone now too.

Worry
12-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Stop lying. You're not going anywhere. Ever.

Bobjenson
12-28-2023, 11:36 PM
You should donate your time with the elderly and poor/homeless to gain perspective on your existence and life contributions.

aaezil
12-29-2023, 12:16 AM
Can i have all your plat

Videri
12-29-2023, 01:00 AM
There are other worlds to explore.

Foxplay
12-29-2023, 01:42 AM
There is always Goldshire ERP

knotme
12-29-2023, 05:27 AM
I will be sorry to see you leave. But you are doing the right thing. Bless you.

Kohedron
12-29-2023, 10:40 AM
if this is a serious post then the sooner you leave this shit hole the better

just because time was lost here doesn't mean that can't change today

there are books out there regarding ending bad habits, I'd check one out and start there

Castle2.0
12-29-2023, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear that, mate. EQ was cool, but there is life beyond.

Go to church, find a Bible study. Get perspective.

This one's for you Mag -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kve9w5LdxZY

You found your egg. Come back to the real world.

magnetaress
12-29-2023, 11:00 AM
Well. I don't want to be overly dramatic butt EQ was one of my last habits that got me out of bed at all. I actually stretched and exercised and ate food so I could sporadically spend EQ time soloing between long afks.

This Christmas was really nice with family and physically rough tho. And I'm realizing that while EQ is my only escape from a completely crippled body it's not fun anymore. It's just something I am doing because I don't have the capacity to do anything more. And it's too painful emotionally to keep coming back to a game that takes everything.

Honestly I just want to go to hospice or get pain meds and start the process of dying now.

Those who say I'll be back. You're probably right. I'll probably reroll a necromancer or something and be a completely timid shut in avoiding any challenge or contact butt just logging in for something to try to do.

I have been hitting the audio books with my eyes shut curled when I can. When I can't EQ.

Yeah it's a cry for help. Butt I don't want or need any. My therapist and I have already been discussing an exit plan with the resources available for me through the VA.

Just. It fucking sucks. I wanted to be able to play this game and make friends. The biggest issue with that is that I can't play long enough continously to be friends and help ppl. That said I had a ton of nice and friendly interactions with ppl. Got to buff ppl with low lvl cleric buffs. Butt that corpse in guk. It's going to rott. With lvl 34 spells and jboots. I can't recover it. It's too much work solo. It's too emotionally painful. It's my reminder that I
am not even good enough to play EQ on quarm in 2023. That is my sign to quit.

magnetaress
12-29-2023, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear that, mate. EQ was cool, but there is life beyond.

Go to church, find a Bible study. Get perspective.

This one's for you Mag -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kve9w5LdxZY

You found your egg. Come back to the real world.
Yeah. Imma add this movie to my bucket list.

Ty castle.

And all.

Thanks for the sweet words. It lifts my heart a little.

magnetaress
12-29-2023, 11:13 AM
Also yes I know one of the reasons I don't have a lot of in game friends is because I am a completely flaky headcase. And a hermit. Im not mean or disruptive in game. Just too asocial to stay in contact with anyone or any guild. I am this way irl too. Very unable to form attachments or be there for others.

And I fucking hate it. It's wrong for me to even try when I can't guarantee I'll be there next week. I've suddenly disappeared too many times in my life when things got more serious. I can't do that any.

It sucks to leave this place permanently. Too. Buttttt I really should. I guess.

Trexller
12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
And I fucking hate it. It's wrong for me to even try when I can't guarantee I'll be there next week.

stop thinking about it and just go grind xp

being unable to guarantee you can't be there next week, doesn't change the fact that you will be there next week

Naethyn
12-29-2023, 04:23 PM
Turn real life into eq.

magnetaress
12-29-2023, 04:37 PM
Gonna die. Can't be there for friends and family. Just waiting for the coffin lid to close and then the nails to be hammered in.

It's for the best. I am not a good EQ player or community mer.

Infectious
12-29-2023, 05:37 PM
Well. I don't want to be overly dramatic butt EQ was one of my last habits that got me out of bed at all. I actually stretched and exercised and ate food so I could sporadically spend EQ time soloing between long afks.

This Christmas was really nice with family and physically rough tho. And I'm realizing that while EQ is my only escape from a completely crippled body it's not fun anymore. It's just something I am doing because I don't have the capacity to do anything more. And it's too painful emotionally to keep coming back to a game that takes everything.

Honestly I just want to go to hospice or get pain meds and start the process of dying now.

Those who say I'll be back. You're probably right. I'll probably reroll a necromancer or something and be a completely timid shut in avoiding any challenge or contact butt just logging in for something to try to do.

I have been hitting the audio books with my eyes shut curled when I can. When I can't EQ.

Yeah it's a cry for help. Butt I don't want or need any. My therapist and I have already been discussing an exit plan with the resources available for me through the VA.

Just. It fucking sucks. I wanted to be able to play this game and make friends. The biggest issue with that is that I can't play long enough continously to be friends and help ppl. That said I had a ton of nice and friendly interactions with ppl. Got to buff ppl with low lvl cleric buffs. Butt that corpse in guk. It's going to rott. With lvl 34 spells and jboots. I can't recover it. It's too much work solo. It's too emotionally painful. It's my reminder that I

You're soft and will probably quit at whatever you do. Stop being a pussy and get your ass out of bed. Everquest isn't the problem, your whole cry baby entitlement is the problem. How the hell do you pay your bills and lay in bed all day?

Duik
12-29-2023, 06:46 PM
Hooker.

magnetaress
12-29-2023, 07:01 PM
You're soft and will probably quit at whatever you do. Stop being a pussy and get your ass out of bed. Everquest isn't the problem, your whole cry baby entitlement is the problem. How the hell do you pay your bills and lay in bed all day?

I joined the army and graduated basic. And got an honorable discharge after four years before becoming a retard.

On the upside I wasn't in the reserve and in Maine.

What did you do? It's not a competition. If you work as a bag boi. Thanks for getting up every day and participating in society.

Point being I wasn't always a "pussy".

I had a bunch of 60s in EQ and on red99.

So.

It's not about what I have done. I am bitching about what I am losing though. So yeah. I'm being a pussy. I feel a bit entitled tho considering I am not contributing to the downfall of civilization and the rise of global communism. That being said, things could be way worse.

Thanks for not being my friend though . While you're honest and genuine. You'd make a shitty one. And your perspective is smaller than mine. While lacking at least my own introspection. Too many people in this world are focused on what others do and don't do.

Seek Jesus and G-d bless.

Infectious
12-29-2023, 10:38 PM
I joined the army and graduated basic. And got an honorable discharge after four years before becoming a retard.

On the upside I wasn't in the reserve and in Maine.

What did you do? It's not a competition. If you work as a bag boi. Thanks for getting up every day and participating in society.

Point being I wasn't always a "pussy".

I had a bunch of 60s in EQ and on red99.

So.

It's not about what I have done. I am bitching about what I am losing though. So yeah. I'm being a pussy. I feel a bit entitled tho considering I am not contributing to the downfall of civilization and the rise of global communism. That being said, things could be way worse.

Thanks for not being my friend though . While you're honest and genuine. You'd make a shitty one. And your perspective is smaller than mine. While lacking at least my own introspection. Too many people in this world are focused on what others do and don't do.

Seek Jesus and G-d bless.

Quit or shut up. Who are you trying to convince hazel?

aussenseiter
12-29-2023, 11:06 PM
Quit or shut up. Who are you trying to convince hazel?

She tried that with slashing her neck but they saved her anyway.

Not the right bitch to be calling a pussy lol.

aussenseiter
12-29-2023, 11:37 PM
More nuts than u and she ain't got nuts.

send post 💯

Duik
12-30-2023, 02:18 AM
Dont worry. Orphan crushing machines grow up to become adult upward money filtering (crushing) machines!

You will work (with very few exceptions...) to make someone you dont really know, a very wealthy person. You count! Your life has meaning!
Now get back to work.
Scum.

Lune
12-30-2023, 02:36 AM

Unfortunately I think you gotta have a terminal illness to qualify for hospice, and oddly enough they don't consider being bored of EQ a terminal illness. Funny how they split hairs. Maybe some day.

Yesterday I went to Aliberto's Jr in downtown Seattle, somehow their big ass carne asada burrito is still only $7.99; I don't think I really want to know how that is still profitable for them. It tastes somewhere between taco bell and actual food. I ate it in front of a homeless man. I've been violently blasting into my toilet like krakatoa on and off for the past 24 hours, which was exactly the experience I was looking for. I'm eating an edible and going back tonight to try their chorizo. Probably going to need a colostomy bag.

EQ is ur dirty ass burrito and your life is the explosive diarrhea. I don't know what you have to be sad about tbh. What more could you have wanted out of life than miserable, unending cycle of binge and spray? Some people work their entire lives to achieve this lifestyle. It's an inspiration, honestly. I will witness you and continue my descent into retardation in your honor

Trexller
12-30-2023, 02:41 AM
mag just needs to grind xp and stop thinking so much

Zwieback
12-30-2023, 08:49 AM
It just hurts to try and play this game.

Even on quarm. Even on EZ server. Don't have the life in me anymore.

I'm fucking sad pepes. My best memories in life where in EQ. How dumb is that? Liek for reals. Not that I didn't have good memories outside of EQ, I had a few good memories, butt it's all regretful shit in the end anyway. I'm sure my Ex's are like fuck this person. And I didn't really do anything good for the world.

So how fucking shit is that. That EQ was the best I could do, and that is gone now too.
everyone in Good Guys is like that.

Jimjam
12-30-2023, 11:46 AM
You’ve kept the forum alive, enchanted us with your tales and fascinated us with your insights. Thats worth something to me :)

strongNpretty
01-02-2024, 04:48 PM

Hang in there Magnet. Life is tough, it truly is. And anybody saying otherwise is lying. I had reached a point earlier this year, where i really felt down myself. Just working, and saving. And not really thinkin about the future since i was doing all the things you're supposed to be doing as an adult. Decided to save up PTO and book a month long solo adventure to Philippines and it completely changed my life.

My advice- Book a flight to somewhere outside of the states. Go alone, have an adventure and an experience. Preferably in a place where the exchange rate benefits you. You just might find yourself again. Or you might find yourself for the first time ever.

Naethyn
01-02-2024, 07:06 PM
Nah double down on p99.

Duik
01-02-2024, 08:47 PM
Come to Arse-Trail-Ya magnet. US$1 buys AU$1.50.
You can be a boy in boys clothes. A girl in girls clothes. A boy acting like a girl wearing boys clothes. Whatever ya want. Its up to you.
Internet is OK but the ping to America for p99 is pretty sucky (in comparison) 60 - 300 for me sometimes but i dont care. Prolly fix it by sorting out a better route.

Food can be like US and A. Maccas, KFC, Taco Smell Chinese Indian etc or take a lucky dip at the middle eastern kabob shop. A lamb sandwich at midnight after a gutfull of beers is da bomb. (Hint: dont say da bomb in the middle eastern kabob shop). Stay at Uluru hotel. No cunt will bother you unless you approach them.

Oh. The secret answer on the visa form is Kangaroo Koala Dropbear.

aussenseiter
01-02-2024, 09:14 PM
Yep. Australians are friendly enough that they'll stand idly by and do nothing.

Infectious
01-02-2024, 10:07 PM
Come to Arse-Trail-Ya magnet. US$1 buys AU$1.50.
You can be a boy in boys clothes. A girl in girls clothes. A boy acting like a girl wearing boys clothes. Whatever ya want. Its up to you.
Internet is OK but the ping to America for p99 is pretty sucky (in comparison) 60 - 300 for me sometimes but i dont care. Prolly fix it by sorting out a better route.

Food can be like US and A. Maccas, KFC, Taco Smell Chinese Indian etc or take a lucky dip at the middle eastern kabob shop. A lamb sandwich at midnight after a gutfull of beers is da bomb. (Hint: dont say da bomb in the middle eastern kabob shop). Stay at Uluru hotel. No cunt will bother you unless you approach them.

Oh. The secret answer on the visa form is Kangaroo Koala Dropbear.

Looks like someone is trying to catch them a lady boy? Maybe try Quarm?

Duik
01-02-2024, 10:28 PM
If that's what the person wants sure we will ya dumb fucker.
For reference check out the chronulla beach riot.
That was when one small group of religious nuts decided they would try to make the beach a "cover yourself like our religion tells us too" beach. Taking physical means to bring modesty to some female beach goers.
Ask those dumb fucks who stood around and did nothing? Ask them if they got what they wanted.
Ask them if girls walk around wiff dey titties wobbling around under small triangles (if that is what they wish to do) still.
Ask them if they are still welcome to visit said beach if they can keep their dumb mouths shut.
Ask me if i will leave you alone if that is what it appears you wish. Hint: I will.
Ask me if i will (try to) stop someone imposing their will upon an unwilling participant. Hint: Fuck around and find out. Someone else will likely help as well cuz generally we are not armed so it does not escalate to gunshot wounds (generally) but if it did i could get to hospital and not be judged by my immediate ability to pay! So all round a nice outcome.
YMMV

Duik
01-02-2024, 10:36 PM
Looks like someone is trying to catch them a lady boy? Maybe try Quarm?

Magnet could be one of those, but i doubt (i could be wrong though) she wishes to be addressed as such.

Try, magnet or darl or shiela or chick. I dunno. You guys are mean. I understand your lives are small and painful and it makes you feel stronger and more alpha like to demean those they deem lesser.
Do better.

aussenseiter
01-02-2024, 11:11 PM
If that's what the person wants sure we will ya dumb fucker.
For reference check out the chronulla beach riot.
That was when one small group of religious nuts decided they would try to make the beach a "cover yourself like our religion tells us too" beach. Taking physical means to bring modesty to some female beach goers.
Ask those dumb fucks who stood around and did nothing? Ask them if they got what they wanted.
Ask them if girls walk around wiff dey titties wobbling around under small triangles (if that is what they wish to do) still.
Ask them if they are still welcome to visit said beach if they can keep their dumb mouths shut.
Ask me if i will leave you alone if that is what it appears you wish. Hint: I will.
Ask me if i will (try to) stop someone imposing their will upon an unwilling participant. Hint: Fuck around and find out. Someone else will likely help as well cuz generally we are not armed so it does not escalate to gunshot wounds (generally) but if it did i could get to hospital and not be judged by my immediate ability to pay! So all round a nice outcome.
YMMV

Have you had a will programmed out of you or into you?

Did you even notice? Crikey. 😿

Duik
01-02-2024, 11:26 PM
Ha. You make zero sense and are talking out ya arse.
We generally dont care what each other does unless it affects our ability to do our thing.
We dont gatekeep others. We expect the same of them.
We have rules both written and unwritten.
Like dont do 150kmh in 100kmh zone (written).

Dont be part of a round (of beers) and wait till its your turn to leave without buying a round for everyone else (unwritten).
Idont know what tou want from me. Admit i wanna beat someones wife up? Beat my own up? The later is quite unlikely because before we met she was heavily into mma style training mostly bjj and kickboxing. So in the unlikely event of me scoring her in da face wiff a girly punch (her words) she'd have the choice of tapping me out with an armbar or triangle or a roundhouse to the face. She even said I can choose. I wouldnt see either coming so it makes no difference.

In before all of the so hes a cuck then lol haha hehe.
Im not afraid of a strong woman. Are you?

aussenseiter
01-02-2024, 11:39 PM
Ha. You make zero sense and are talking out ya arse.
We generally dont care what each other does unless it affects our ability to do our thing.
We dont gatekeep others. We expect the same of them.
We have rules both written and unwritten.
Like dont do 150kmh in 100kmh zone (written).

Dont be part of a round (of beers) and wait till its your turn to leave without buying a round for everyone else (unwritten).
Idont know what tou want from me. Admit i wanna beat someones wife up? Beat my own up? The later is quite unlikely because before we met she was heavily into mma style training mostly bjj and kickboxing. So in the unlikely event of me scoring her in da face wiff a girly punch (her words) she'd have the choice of tapping me out with an armbar or triangle or a roundhouse to the face. She even said I can choose. I wouldnt see either coming so it makes no difference.

In before all of the so hes a cuck then lol haha hehe.
Im not afraid of a strong woman. Are you?

Someone else other than you. Or did you just say that?

Duik
01-02-2024, 11:55 PM
I seem to be putting more effort into this relationship. You dont seem to be trying. Are you a democrat? You sound mean like a democrat. Saying mean hateful things dragging down this (obvious) alpha male. You needa try harder or imma ask god for a divorce on the grounds of your wokeness.

aussenseiter
01-03-2024, 12:00 AM
I seem to be putting more effort into this relationship. You dont seem to be trying. Are you a democrat? You sound mean like a democrat. Saying mean hateful things dragging down this (obvious) alpha male. You needa try harder or imma ask god for a divorce on the grounds of your wokeness.

The will springs to life. :D

Duik
01-03-2024, 12:08 AM
I'd leave my favourite dress to you in my will. Just in case you decide to be true to yourself.

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 09:55 AM
i almost died 3 nights ago i don't think i'm going to be wearing pasties at the beach anytime soon, the sentiment is nice tho fellas

i started up morrowind so that i could tackle another bucket list item, maybe i can tell g-d

"Hey I beat the elder scrolls games legit no cheating". Figured I would do it in order.

Oblivion is the only one I ever beat (oblivion being my favorite out of the three)

ES:Online doesn't really count, butt maybe i would give it another shot if i'm still alive after finally beating Skyrim (the hardest one of them to actualy beat because fuck that main quest lol)

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 09:56 AM
like skyrims main quest isn't that bad

anyway i'm not in crisis anymore

butt i did have a near miss medical emergency, i was like dying in the bathroom floor covered in shit screaming for my mom to shave my hair so i could shower in 20 degree weather cuz my insides hurt so bad - she wouldn't let me, put my hair in a shower bag and shoved me in my shower chair. GG life.

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 09:57 AM
Esbern is one of my favorite TES chars of all time, g-d bless that guy and rest his soul

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 09:58 AM
i think what pissed me off the most about skyrim was

1: they turned the dark brotherhood into a clown show
2: Sheogoraths quest wat... lol he had a whole badass and really good expansion in oblivion, dude is a fricken legend and all we did was play fortnight with one of his mad soul captures.

strongNpretty
01-03-2024, 11:33 AM
i think what pissed me off the most about skyrim was

1: they turned the dark brotherhood into a clown show
2: Sheogoraths quest wat... lol he had a whole badass and really good expansion in oblivion, dude is a fricken legend and all we did was play fortnight with one of his mad soul captures.

I actually just finished Skyrim for the first time about a month ago on the Nintendo Switch. For sure a great game. I think the only thing that was driving me crazy about it, was i kept getting screwed over by weird bugs. Thank god you can have like 200 save files.

magnetaress
01-03-2024, 11:49 AM
I actually just finished Skyrim for the first time about a month ago on the Nintendo Switch. For sure a great game. I think the only thing that was driving me crazy about it, was i kept getting screwed over by weird bugs. Thank god you can have like 200 save files.

and cheats if u need to make a new save and catch up or fix up something at least on pc

quido
01-04-2024, 05:48 PM
It's ok to not have the insanity in you to play this game hard anymore.

Bardp1999
01-05-2024, 02:26 AM
It's ok to not have the insanity in you to play this game hard anymore.

Some people cant give up the sport

Rager and Quitter
01-06-2024, 04:04 PM
Hey Mag,

Look. Shit's fucked. No matter what you're doing with your life, something will broad-side you, and that's okay. That's how it is for everyone. Everquest is an addiction creating game. It's rewarding, it's exciting, it's difficult (sometimes), making friends is fun, but ultimately it demands too much from people and you either sell your soul to it and it becomes some kind of full-time job like the hardcore raiders, or you play it super casually and never really make any progress. I also have some really, really great memories of Everquest (and other games), that I used to play with my buddies altogether, and those times are gone. That's okay too. The memories are sweet, and fun to reminisce about.

You have to find new things to enjoy, and the process of discovering those can take time and be a little frustrating as well, but Everquest will always leave you feeling empty and used, because she is a cruel mistress.

Try some new things, maybe look in your area for some clubs or groups or get involved in community efforts or some kind of service. Maybe hook up with a few church groups and see if they have service opportunities. It may take a lot of effort on your part to drag yourself out of bed and into those places, but anytime I'm struggling with circumstances, serving other people always resets my perspective of how hard life really can be, not to mention those service opportunities are psychologically (and sometimes physically) rewarding.

One thing I did is get in contact with a local public service, like a battered women's shelter, or a soup kitchen and through serving there I talk to people about other opportunities. A few months ago I got hooked up with an organization that builds beds for kids in the community. And I really enjoy sanding the wood and constructing the bed frames. The most rewarding part is going with the delivery crew to set the beds up in the families homes. It feels really good and helps you get out of your (justifiable) inward thinking.

Hope it works out for you inspite of all the trolling you'll get on here.

Evia
01-07-2024, 06:06 PM
Hey Mag,

Look. Shit's fucked. No matter what you're doing with your life, something will broad-side you, and that's okay. That's how it is for everyone. Everquest is an addiction creating game. It's rewarding, it's exciting, it's difficult (sometimes), making friends is fun, but ultimately it demands too much from people and you either sell your soul to it and it becomes some kind of full-time job like the hardcore raiders, or you play it super casually and never really make any progress. I also have some really, really great memories of Everquest (and other games), that I used to play with my buddies altogether, and those times are gone. That's okay too. The memories are sweet, and fun to reminisce about.

You have to find new things to enjoy, and the process of discovering those can take time and be a little frustrating as well, but Everquest will always leave you feeling empty and used, because she is a cruel mistress.

Try some new things, maybe look in your area for some clubs or groups or get involved in community efforts or some kind of service. Maybe hook up with a few church groups and see if they have service opportunities. It may take a lot of effort on your part to drag yourself out of bed and into those places, but anytime I'm struggling with circumstances, serving other people always resets my perspective of how hard life really can be, not to mention those service opportunities are psychologically (and sometimes physically) rewarding.

One thing I did is get in contact with a local public service, like a battered women's shelter, or a soup kitchen and through serving there I talk to people about other opportunities. A few months ago I got hooked up with an organization that builds beds for kids in the community. And I really enjoy sanding the wood and constructing the bed frames. The most rewarding part is going with the delivery crew to set the beds up in the families homes. It feels really good and helps you get out of your (justifiable) inward thinking.

Hope it works out for you inspite of all the trolling you'll get on here.

A+ advice. Very well said!

magnetaress
01-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Triple A really.

Zill
01-16-2024, 01:21 PM
OP should take some psychedelics; LSD or mushrooms should do the trick.

Or even ketamine therapy - look into it OP

magnetaress
01-16-2024, 04:49 PM
Had another spell today. Sucks. My magicka pool is very smol.