PDA

View Full Version : Having played through Kunark on a TLP...

Bboboo
11-30-2023, 10:33 AM
THAT is what you all were fussing about for seven years?

I seriously hope you found the help you desperately needed and for the rest of you still fully immersed in this 24year old elf sim.

Seek Help.

magnetaress
11-30-2023, 11:42 AM
?

Ooloo
11-30-2023, 08:13 PM
I'd just like to reiterate that pointing out the age of everquest itself or p99 is not a point.

Playing the most modern elf sims that came out five seconds ago is still super lame too. Who do you think you are?

Duik
11-30-2023, 08:38 PM
TLP to Kunark not equal to p99.
Good try though.
Tried Candy Crush yet?

aaezil
12-01-2023, 01:12 AM
You played little Timmy’s first mmo adventure - a tlp! Here’s a gold star!

Bboboo
12-02-2023, 04:42 PM
>acting like p99 kunark is hard

tapping submits to this oof

Foxplay
12-02-2023, 06:06 PM
Thinking that a TLP is real EQ lol what a joke

A Knight
12-02-2023, 10:10 PM
I think it would be cool, if people could try a new expansion after Velious. An expansion where one has to walk everywhere, and people don't get ports until 3-6 months in. Maybe even increase the chance of losing one's corpse.

I'm sure Kunark and Velious have been grinded to infinity by some. (Not me ironically. Me being maybe the biggest fan of classic. I'm afraid saying that might jynx it.) But it would be nice to see if people enjoy reliving the feeling of the first day playing classic. Where one is fumbling over everything in the world of Norrath, but in a new expansion after Velious instead.

A Knight
12-02-2023, 10:55 PM
I almost said that really stupidly. And my brain damage wouldn't of noticed. Huh. Oh well. I hope I never lose the chance to play this game.

Bardp1999
12-02-2023, 11:45 PM
Playing on TLPs

https://i.imgur.com/X8HlO9k.gif

Bboboo
12-03-2023, 11:29 AM
Luclin is actually fun. Like imagine being ok with auto attack gameplay for 10+years.

A Knight
12-03-2023, 09:00 PM
I get it that EQ, when it comes to spells and abilities is very basic. I still enjoy it. This could be that I may have autism. However, I also think that's just the way Mmorpgs are meant to be.

Even in Wow, when you're doing algebra to figure out your skills. Plus 20%, minus 5, every 3rd click you get 40% weapon proc. It still just turns into mindless button mashing. Don't get me wrong I respect the idea of doing algebra to figure out your skills.

But when I first played Wow, I was in denial that I didn't like it. I wanted to convince myself that I could enjoy it somehow. However, I think there just may be a law in the universe that more slow Mmorpgs like EQ, might be the best way to do it.

I played Wow recently, but had to stop due to video game paranoia. But I was enjoying it the short amount I played it. I'd love to like Wow. I see a possibility of it at least being kinda decent. Maybe I need to just play it while watching TV or something else. That seems to be a good combo for Mmorpgs. I'm surprised no one has made a complex spell and ability game, with the dangers of classic EQ. Maybe they have I don't pay attention to modern games currently. I wonder where Pantheon would be in that scale.

Another example of why I think slow EQ might be the way is. Especially if your life is really busy, don't you want to come home and accomplish something while doing nothing? Eh. It's an example I've used before to justify EQs slowness.

To each their own, right? As long as I got my slow EQ. I respect the ideas of Mmorpg that require a lot of intelligence to figure out your spells/abilities, but for now I think classic EQ is the way more better way.

A Knight
12-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Sorry I wasn't saying I have Autism in a slanderous way. I would say I was most definitely a little mentally slow as a kid. I still think I am mentally slow. I also currently believe I have brain damage. So much brain damage in fact, that I'm afraid I will never be able to group in EQ classic, my most favorite game.

aussenseiter
12-03-2023, 09:57 PM
Sorry I wasn't saying I have Autism in a slanderous way. I would say I was most definitely a little mentally slow as a kid. I still think I am mentally slow. I also currently believe I have brain damage. So much brain damage in fact, that I'm afraid I will never be able to group in EQ classic, my most favorite game.

Want to group? I don't remember my account name or password but let's do it.

Worry
12-04-2023, 12:33 AM
Luclin is actually fun. Like imagine being ok with auto attack gameplay for 10+years. Decided not to play Quarm because POP is not my thing... but Luclin is the best expansion in the game in my opinion. A shame there isn't a server with P99 quality that stops in Luclin. Absolutely love it.

Bboboo
12-07-2023, 01:10 PM
Imagine Gate Keeping yourself from fun while flexing about your time being wasted.

Jimjam
12-07-2023, 01:57 PM
Imagine Gate Keeping yourself from fun while flexing about your time being wasted.

If I find something fun, but someone else is still having fun after I'm done then it is like I've lost or something! As such I should just never have fun to begin with.