PDA

View Full Version : The Only Guaranteed No-Fail In EQ

Questors
10-27-2023, 08:16 PM
And knuckleheads manage to snatch an absolute defeat from the jaws of certain victory.

What is this magic win to loss you ask? Naming your character in Everquest. It's actually so easy, supposedly intelligent people can't fathom it.

The game even gives you a genre appropriate name generator free of charge. You can use it with ease. But nay! "I am teh uhmazen name weezard! Iwearskidmarkunderpants Tothestore is my chosen name! I shall defeat the the name generator in splendidly stupid fashion and dominate the very top of the loser category!"

Not only is there a name generator, at which it is impossible to fail, there are also easy to read, easy to understand and very specific naming instructions for P1999. https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17488

Idiotic names like, "Puddintater" and "Iwearshowercaps" or "Stinkyfiss Inyobutt" are the enlightened choices you make. There shall be no hint of RPG immersion for you or those around you! Not on your watch!

Yes dumb ladies and stupid gentlemen, it's honestly that easy. Somehow you have managed to fail at the only guaranteed no-fail aspect of Everquest. You are a living legend among complete failures. You are head and shoulders below the rest.

Fammaden
10-27-2023, 08:31 PM
Ok "questor"

Questors
10-27-2023, 09:05 PM
Ok "questor"

Forum handle dolt, not character name. You are a failure.

aussenseiter
10-27-2023, 11:46 PM
Aeioulan is the only acceptable bard name fight me.

Infectious
10-27-2023, 11:57 PM
It's like my neighbor. The guy totally buys a new car last week that he can't clearly afford. I was shooting the shit with his lawnscaper and he says John can barely pay on time. Not only that, but they may be placing their oldest back in public. Fucking neighborhood has gone to shit.

magnetaress
10-28-2023, 06:39 AM
P99 attracks stinkyfiss's hope this helps.

Videri
10-28-2023, 08:20 AM
OP, you may enjoy Baler’s naming thread (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290928), or mine (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338134). Plenty of mad feelings from all angles.

skulldudes
10-28-2023, 11:46 AM
i prefer dumb names honestly over some wood elf named unaeleaeliellian

i'm not typing that shit out

Questors
10-28-2023, 03:49 PM
OP, you may enjoy Baler’s naming thread (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290928), or mine (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338134). Plenty of mad feelings from all angles.

Interesting reads. Thanks.

This is a Role Playing Game, not a gamerboi FPS. It has story and environment. One need not speak "Fakespeare" to play a RPG. Just name your character appropriately and play the class.

The spectacular failure of the rule enforcement on P1999 is at a level I had not yet experienced prior.

If I build a free to use playground for in children in my yard, it is still incumbent on me to maintain and police it. I may recruit help. Still, maintaining the playground ultimately falls to me. I also need to police the help.

Why have rules, why waste the time to type them out, if there is no enforcement, no follow-through? Need help? I am volunteering. Give me the name changing nerf bat. I will wield it in accordance with the naming rules and will be no respect of persons.

Seducio
10-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Interesting reads. Thanks.

This is a Role Playing Game, not a gamerboi FPS. It has story and environment. One need not speak "Fakespeare" to play a RPG. Just name your character appropriately and play the class.

The spectacular failure of the rule enforcement on P1999 is at a level I had not yet experienced prior.

If I build a free to use playground for in children in my yard, it is still incumbent on me to maintain and police it. I may recruit help. Still, maintaining the playground ultimately falls to me. I also need to police the help.

Why have rules, why waste the time to type them out, if there is no enforcement, no follow-through? Need help? I am volunteering. Give me the name changing nerf bat. I will wield it in accordance with the naming rules and will be no respect of persons.

Imagine a Govt made up of three co-equal branches. Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.

Imagine the Executive was made up of two Presidents. Only one still shows up for work every day. The other phones it in because of time constraints and burnout.

Imagine the Legislative was made up of those two Presidents plus one or two others let's call them Vice Presidents. The VPs also don't come in much anymore either because their boss doesn't come in.

Then imagine the Judicial made up of those same Presidents and VPs as the Supreme Court. They rarely take cases anymore though. Instead the Supreme Court rely on lower court rulings and therefore there is a gap betweenn the rules as written by the Legislature, what is enforced by the Executive exceedingly rarely, and what rulings are actually divvied out via lower court Judicial decisions that aren't made that the highest body of the Judiciary.

A Byzantine Govt structure designed for the devs to not have to deal with the complaints of the players unless something major happens.

eqravenprince
10-28-2023, 04:52 PM

I second that

Duik
10-28-2023, 09:01 PM
Ranger Tiesya Layses

aussenseiter
10-28-2023, 11:53 PM
Imagine a Govt made up of three co-equal branches. Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.

Imagine the Executive was made up of two Presidents. Only one still shows up for work every day. The other phones it in because of time constraints and burnout.

Imagine the Legislative was made up of those two Presidents plus one or two others let's call them Vice Presidents. The VPs also don't come in much anymore either because their boss doesn't come in.

Then imagine the Judicial made up of those same Presidents and VPs as the Supreme Court. They rarely take cases anymore though. Instead the Supreme Court rely on lower court rulings and therefore there is a gap betweenn the rules as written by the Legislature, what is enforced by the Executive exceedingly rarely, and what rulings are actually divvied out via lower court Judicial decisions that aren't made that the highest body of the Judiciary.

A Byzantine Govt structure designed for the devs to not have to deal with the complaints of the players unless something major happens.

Them gummies loud

Seducio
10-29-2023, 12:04 AM
Them gummies loud

Byzantium lasted 1000 years after the fall of Rome.

Moforyguy
10-29-2023, 05:00 AM
And knuckleheads manage to snatch an absolute defeat from the jaws of certain victory.

What is this magic win to loss you ask? Naming your character in Everquest. It's actually so easy, supposedly intelligent people can't fathom it.

The game even gives you a genre appropriate name generator free of charge. You can use it with ease. But nay! "I am teh uhmazen name weezard! Iwearskidmarkunderpants Tothestore is my chosen name! I shall defeat the the name generator in splendidly stupid fashion and dominate the very top of the loser category!"

Not only is there a name generator, at which it is impossible to fail, there are also easy to read, easy to understand and very specific naming instructions for P1999. https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17488

Idiotic names like, "Puddintater" and "Iwearshowercaps" or "Stinkyfiss Inyobutt" are the enlightened choices you make. There shall be no hint of RPG immersion for you or those around you! Not on your watch!

Yes dumb ladies and stupid gentlemen, it's honestly that easy. Somehow you have managed to fail at the only guaranteed no-fail aspect of Everquest. You are a living legend among complete failures. You are head and shoulders below the rest.

Well obviously you aren't a Halfling huh? Its not our fault you haven't heard the tales of only the greatest Thief us Halfings have ever known. He got his legendary name because its known Halfings hide things in their butt. It didn't stop Stinky though. He got in there. He was a veterinarian at heart. He acquired his COF with this method as well. There are SO many tales of his victories I don't understand how Stinky isn't RP.

Questors
10-29-2023, 11:51 AM
Well obviously you aren't a Halfling huh? Its not our fault you haven't heard the tales of only the greatest Thief us Halfings have ever known. He got his legendary name because its known Halfings hide things in their butt. It didn't stop Stinky though. He got in there. He was a veterinarian at heart. He acquired his COF with this method as well. There are SO many tales of his victories I don't understand how Stinky isn't RP.

This is irrelevant.

I second that

Do you often exaggerate in an attempt to excuse away your laziness and ambivalence? You are so lazy, you couldn't be bothered to capitalize and use punctuation. Any of us could forgive a typo. We all commit them. That is not the case here. You literally couldn't be bothered to move a pinky to the SHIFT key. If breathing weren't involuntary, you would suffocate and die.

It's not about what you want to type or don't want to type.
It's not about having everything your way, simply because you are selfish and believe you are entitled to what you want and when you want it.
It's not about your complete lack of awareness.
Shocker, everything is not all about you. I know, unbelievable, isn't it? The horror!

If you create and or control the product, apply your rules. If others want to patronize the product with your rules, they will accept those rules and do so. If not, they won't.

Otherwise, It's about the rules set forth by those who do create or control the product.
It's about appropriate use for that product, in this case, naming conventions.
It's about immersion in the "world" and story (in this case). That's a main point of RPGs. It's similar to the concept of reading a book. Good writing keeps one immersed in the story and enjoying the book. Otherwise one stop reading the book.
It's about the seriously easy to use and no fail name generator that makes you instantly compliant and allows for immersion (by everyone) in the RPG. Does a person absolutely have to use the name generator? No, but it's an absolute no fail in a case where too many fail. It's as if being a failure is their purpose.

It's about respecting those who provide you with the product and for free (in this case) and set rules to which you agree for use. There it is, "...rules to which you agree for use." If you use the product and don't agree with rules, this disqualifies you from using the product. If you willfully ignore the rules, you are a liar and should be banned. Don't agree to that which you won't follow.

Duik
10-29-2023, 04:20 PM
Bard: Lutean Lootz

Arvan
10-29-2023, 05:05 PM
i didnt read your post but a quick glance was enough to infer you are mad about something?

unsunghero
10-29-2023, 06:16 PM
Halfings hide things in their butt.

Now I feel better about my haling druid alt named Prison Wallet

Questors
10-30-2023, 06:37 AM
i didnt read your post but a quick glance was enough to infer you are mad about something?

Does someone have to be mad to talk about something?

If that is your way, seek help. I hear there are medications and therapies to help one deal with anger.

Toxigen
10-30-2023, 09:57 AM
My bards name is Henleyfrey Walshfelder and all my songs are macros that play Eagles songs.

How does this make you feel?

Ooloo
10-30-2023, 12:27 PM
We don't need another ogre or shaman named something wacky like Itchybutt Gooferton, especially because when you go to their cities they have dwarves and shit like disembowled and hanging from chains.

Don't let the goofy faces fool you ogres are horrendously evil savages.

Seducio
10-30-2023, 02:23 PM
My bards name is Henleyfrey Walshfelder and all my songs are macros that play Eagles songs.

09839DpTctU

Arvan
10-30-2023, 03:50 PM
Does someone have to be mad to talk about something?

If that is your way, seek help. I hear there are medications and therapies to help one deal with anger.

so you are beyond mad bordering into furious now - got it thank you

Klubba the Oracle
10-30-2023, 11:07 PM
so you are beyond mad bordering into furious now - got it thank you

Hes furiously destroying you at trolling tho!

Origen
10-31-2023, 08:45 AM
The only guaranteed no-fail in EQ is to uninstall the game, log out of the forums, go outside, and forget about MMORPGs

cd288
10-31-2023, 10:35 AM
Forum handle dolt, not character name. You are a failure.

You gotta admit it was a funny reply though

Seducio
10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
The only guaranteed no-fail in EQ is to uninstall the game, log out of the forums, go outside, and forget about MMORPGs

Great idea. Go try this.

Take a year off.

Come back after you are done. Let us know what you learned.

Origen
10-31-2023, 02:29 PM
Great idea. Go try this.

Take a year off.

Come back after you are done. Let us know what you learned.What else do I have to do in a hospital?

Seducio
10-31-2023, 02:47 PM
What else do I have to do in a hospital?

Learn something from the people around you who are more intelligent than you. It's a skill you haven't learned yet obviously. Ask your favorite doctor there to hang out.

Origen
10-31-2023, 03:35 PM
Learn something from the people around you who are more intelligent than you. It's a skill you haven't learned yet obviously. Ask your favorite doctor there to hang out.That isn't how hospitals work at all. Hopefully you'll never find out how right I am.

Seducio
10-31-2023, 03:39 PM
That isn't how hospitals work at all. Hopefully you'll never find out how right I am.

Ahh ok. You are more intelligent than every doctor at that hospital. Tracking.

In that case go hang out with the MBAs that scold those doctors if they don't send their patients down the path that leads them to extract the most funding from the insurance company.

Origen
10-31-2023, 03:46 PM
Buddy, modern hospitals give you maybe 15 minutes with the doctor per week, even when you're inpatient, depending on immediacy of your problem.

You keep being desperate for something to bludgeon me with, though, you've done great at pretending to be a cartoon liberal so far.

Seducio
10-31-2023, 03:48 PM
Another hospital cog doing mindless shit while scrolling the elf forums. Go read On Liberty.

cd288
10-31-2023, 03:49 PM
Buddy, modern hospitals give you maybe 15 minutes with the doctor per week, even when you're inpatient, depending on immediacy of your problem.

You keep being desperate for something to bludgeon me with, though, you've done great at pretending to be a cartoon liberal so far.

Pretty accurate re: hospitals. At least in most cities. I'm sure there are some where it's better. Not really their fault since they have to see a million patients that day.

But only doctors at hospitals who I've seen who really gave me a ton of time to talk through and ask questions were sports injury situations (like spinal or knee doctors at HSS).

Seducio
10-31-2023, 03:56 PM
Wasn't a suggestion to get time with a doctor as a patient. That's one thing. System is setup to minimize doctors time with each patient to maximize value they get out of doctors time.

Meant to speak to the doctor as a colleague or even a neighbor if he lives near any. Origen makes it seem that's out of reach. It isn't for someone with confidence or simple ability to say what's up and seeing the humanity of the doctor. If the doctor sees Origen as a patient ya he's only going to give him minutes. If he sees him as a intriguing colleague then much longer.

Toxigen
10-31-2023, 04:00 PM
Don't think the bedpan scrubber has doctors for colleagues.

Origen
10-31-2023, 04:04 PM
Pretty accurate re: hospitals. At least in most cities. I'm sure there are some where it's better. Not really their fault since they have to see a million patients that day.

But only doctors at hospitals who I've seen who really gave me a ton of time to talk through and ask questions were sports injury situations (like spinal or knee doctors at HSS).We do get sit-downs with the docs as long as we schedule them far in advance. I'm not complaining. The treatments worked. Mission accomplished.

cd288
11-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Wasn't a suggestion to get time with a doctor as a patient. That's one thing. System is setup to minimize doctors time with each patient to maximize value they get out of doctors time.

Meant to speak to the doctor as a colleague or even a neighbor if he lives near any. Origen makes it seem that's out of reach. It isn't for someone with confidence or simple ability to say what's up and seeing the humanity of the doctor. If the doctor sees Origen as a patient ya he's only going to give him minutes. If he sees him as a intriguing colleague then much longer.

I don't think most people who play here have doctors as colleagues or live in neighborhoods where they live lol

skulldudes
11-01-2023, 09:40 AM
This is irrelevant.

Do you often exaggerate in an attempt to excuse away your laziness and ambivalence? You are so lazy, you couldn't be bothered to capitalize and use punctuation. Any of us could forgive a typo. We all commit them. That is not the case here. You literally couldn't be bothered to move a pinky to the SHIFT key. If breathing weren't involuntary, you would suffocate and die.

It's not about what you want to type or don't want to type.
It's not about having everything your way, simply because you are selfish and believe you are entitled to what you want and when you want it.
It's not about your complete lack of awareness.
Shocker, everything is not all about you. I know, unbelievable, isn't it? The horror!

If you create and or control the product, apply your rules. If others want to patronize the product with your rules, they will accept those rules and do so. If not, they won't.

Otherwise, It's about the rules set forth by those who do create or control the product.
It's about appropriate use for that product, in this case, naming conventions.
It's about immersion in the "world" and story (in this case). That's a main point of RPGs. It's similar to the concept of reading a book. Good writing keeps one immersed in the story and enjoying the book. Otherwise one stop reading the book.
It's about the seriously easy to use and no fail name generator that makes you instantly compliant and allows for immersion (by everyone) in the RPG. Does a person absolutely have to use the name generator? No, but it's an absolute no fail in a case where too many fail. It's as if being a failure is their purpose.

It's about respecting those who provide you with the product and for free (in this case) and set rules to which you agree for use. There it is, "...rules to which you agree for use." If you use the product and don't agree with rules, this disqualifies you from using the product. If you willfully ignore the rules, you are a liar and should be banned. Don't agree to that which you won't follow.

lol bro what

Questors
11-02-2023, 07:51 AM

The real question is why do believe yourself important enough to elicit emotions of others?

Knowing you're a retarded forum troll isn't a feeling. It's a reality. Try again.

lol bro what

Purposefully misquoting isn't a clever bit of trickery. It's intellectual laziness.
You are a shining example of one who believes himself keenly clever. The problem with this, you're a moron. The larger problem is, because you're a moron, you are unable to realize you're a moron. Being that stupid isn't a gift.

If you can't properly use a tool, whether it be a hammer or a forum quote tool, don't use the tool. Comically enough, yet tragically so, I can see you beating your thumb to mush with a hammer and not having the first idea why or that you should stop. You just keep smashing away.

Questors
11-02-2023, 08:31 AM

While this could simply be an attempt at forum trolling, it is actually lowbrow funny. It made me chuckle.

lol bro what

Misquoting isn't a clever bit of trickery. If it wasn't on purpose, you are just that dumb. Either way, being that stupid isn't a gift.

Questors
11-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Two takes: Which one to choose? Choices.

NachtMystium
11-02-2023, 08:47 AM

It ain't that serious bro. Take a chill pill.

Toxigen
11-02-2023, 09:06 AM
While this could simply be an attempt at forum trolling, it is actually lowbrow funny. It made me chuckle.

its not a troll at all, check my signature

i legit had group message macros w/ eagles songs that matched the theme of each bard song

unsunghero
11-02-2023, 11:05 AM
its not a troll at all, check my signature

i legit had group message macros w/ eagles songs that matched the theme of each bard song

Toxigen
11-02-2023, 12:01 PM
nobody hates the Eagles

skulldudes
11-02-2023, 01:40 PM
The real question is why do believe yourself important enough to elicit emotions of others?

Knowing you're a retarded forum troll isn't a feeling. It's a reality. Try again.

Purposefully misquoting isn't a clever bit of trickery. It's intellectual laziness.
You are a shining example of one who believes himself keenly clever. The problem with this, you're a moron. The larger problem is, because you're a moron, you are unable to realize you're a moron. Being that stupid isn't a gift.

If you can't properly use a tool, whether it be a hammer or a forum quote tool, don't use the tool. Comically enough, yet tragically so, I can see you beating your thumb to mush with a hammer and not having the first idea why or that you should stop. You just keep smashing away.

why are u so upset :confused:

Duik
11-02-2023, 10:51 PM
As a Stirgah Burgah the famous Prexus porting wizard I had a macro. After accepting any donates I'd punch that bitch that read Porting to Cazic Thule. Enjoy the trip. Just for the larks.
Had a few disband before port went off.
It's only funny if they dont disband...
Later on Wakeninglands was funny as well. Lets bomb da Wooshi folks!

Duik
11-04-2023, 06:35 AM
Been reading abput bard agro in another thread. One poster had a name. It was a very non name generator name. It was.

Elfise Pressleaf
65 Bard
Veeshan's Fury
Bristlebane

aaezil
11-10-2023, 08:44 AM
Someone got op to mad triple post v nice

DonkeyHotay
11-10-2023, 10:37 PM
Honestly the goofy names elicit the rose colored glasses for me and take me back to when the game was still young back in y2k. The nonchalant silliness made the game feel like you were really hanging out with your friends, and to me forms a key component of the experience. I wouldn't change it if I had a magic button that could.

If a name bothers you that much learn to ignore it. If someone is driving at a different speed than you in traffic you go around them. Don't be that guy screaming at people and tailing too close.

Bardp1999
11-11-2023, 01:22 AM
Weedlord Bonerhitler is a real P99 name

Zendir
11-13-2023, 09:45 PM
Karens gotta Karen.

Kohedron
11-15-2023, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry your 40th year doesn't have the same immersion it did as year 1.

You're still gonna play though

0/10 complaint

Toxigen
11-15-2023, 11:29 AM
Weedlord Bonerhitler is a real P99 name

lmao