PDA

View Full Version : You don't "own" a camp because you just started clearing.

zelld52
10-04-2023, 08:55 AM
Logging into HS north to move my toon out of HS, and there's some goober enchanter who is on his first kill of the whole wing.

He sends tell, "It's camped. Please leave."

LOL. What? The wing that is fully popped? You're camping this, you say? You think you have squatters rights or something?

I started to kill stuff, because I knew I could kill faster than him. But then I forgot my mission was to LEAVE HS.. lol. So I just rooted a bunch of mobs in the hallway for shits and giggles and then gated out.

No name and shame here. Just have a laugh with me, or at me.

Toxigen
10-04-2023, 08:56 AM
cool story

zelld52
10-04-2023, 09:01 AM
cool story

It is a cool story, thanks. And indicative of sheer sense of entitlement some players have.

magnetaress
10-04-2023, 09:08 AM
Technically you have access to camps which can be revoked or superceded at any time.

zelld52
10-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Technically you have access to camps which can be revoked or superceded at any time.

I had this clarified to me by a GM a few months ago. Camp claim requires the following:

- Camp is clear of mobs.
- Maintain a constant presence.

GM also said that if you have partially cleared a camp, and then another group comes down and finishes clearing before you - they have rights to the camp.

So you can't just look at a camp and then tell everyone else stay away because you saw it first. Gotta do the work first to claim it.

Toxigen
10-04-2023, 09:40 AM
The HS wings aren't a single camp.

If someone claims North all you have to do is go beyond their LoS. According to the seb crypt example this is perfectly fine.

North Ramp is just the premo spot because it has a safe AFK spot. Just like in South...the safe cubby is the typical spot but thats not stopping anyone from going and setting up shop in another spot.

eqravenprince
10-04-2023, 09:46 AM
In my opinion, this rule is wrong. A camp has to be started somehow. This is ridiculous if you believe this is ok and within "play nice policy". I sincerely hope next time you start a camp a full group comes in and clears the rest of it and claims it. Karma is a bitch.

Old_PVP
10-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Just PK him next time… oh wait. Guess you should’ve joined RED

Smoofers
10-04-2023, 10:08 AM
OP - sounds like you got bullied and it worked. Do better next time?

zelld52
10-04-2023, 11:00 AM
In my opinion, this rule is wrong. A camp has to be started somehow. This is ridiculous if you believe this is ok and within "play nice policy". I sincerely hope next time you start a camp a full group comes in and clears the rest of it and claims it. Karma is a bitch.

LOL. Is that you? Goober enchanter from this morning?

zelld52
10-04-2023, 11:06 AM

If someone claims North all you have to do is go beyond their LoS. According to the seb crypt example this is perfectly fine.

North Ramp is just the premo spot because it has a safe AFK spot. Just like in South...the safe cubby is the typical spot but thats not stopping anyone from going and setting up shop in another spot.

Nobody wants to hear this.

If there is a group of let's say 3-4+ players, and they are attempting clear the entire North Wing, I will leave them alone, camp and try again another time.

Shit - if it's a solo player, and they say something like "I'm only killing these few mobs, you can have some of these." I will probably just let them be and camp, and come back another time. Or maybe suggest a duo with them.

However, if there is one enchanter only killing 6-7 mobs and claiming the whole wing -- I push back on that.

Then said enchanter(s) usually gets upset and start threatening petitions for camp stealing. Claims running OBS to show the GMs, etc etc. I laugh it off, and kill anyway.

I don't ever have any disputes with players who act reasonably, are considerate, or just aren't goobers. The goobers who send a tell as soon as you log in telling you to "get out because it's camped", on the other hand...

zelld52
10-04-2023, 11:22 AM
Just PK him next time… oh wait. Guess you should’ve joined RED

I know. I really wish there were more than 50 concurrent players at a time on Red. Never did EQ PVP. Only started p99 2 years ago, and red was already dried up.

Hearing from the OG devs in various interviews, this is the way they intended all player disputes to resolve. Someone is pushing in on your camp? PK them. Someone is camping something you want? PK them. Someone did something to you a few days ago and you're still salty? PK them repeatedly.

Salaryman
10-04-2023, 11:41 AM
whats the point of getting items on blue, you can kill all the bosses in velious with kunark items. Might aswell be playing barbie dress up island adventure because your pixels are useless.

Toxigen
10-04-2023, 11:50 AM
whats the point of getting items on blue, you can kill all the bosses in velious with kunark items. Might aswell be playing barbie dress up island adventure because your pixels are useless.

same with green

Infectious
10-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Nobody wants to hear this.

If there is a group of let's say 3-4+ players, and they are attempting clear the entire North Wing, I will leave them alone, camp and try again another time.

Shit - if it's a solo player, and they say something like "I'm only killing these few mobs, you can have some of these." I will probably just let them be and camp, and come back another time. Or maybe suggest a duo with them.

However, if there is one enchanter only killing 6-7 mobs and claiming the whole wing -- I push back on that.

Then said enchanter(s) usually gets upset and start threatening petitions for camp stealing. Claims running OBS to show the GMs, etc etc. I laugh it off, and kill anyway.

I don't ever have any disputes with players who act reasonably, are considerate, or just aren't goobers. The goobers who send a tell as soon as you log in telling you to "get out because it's camped", on the other hand...

All you had to do was leave. I petitioned you and am still awaiting my petition request for your immediate removal for no less then 1 week. Enjoy the vacation.

zelld52
10-04-2023, 12:56 PM
All you had to do was leave. I petitioned you and am still awaiting my petition request for your immediate removal for no less then 1 week. Enjoy the vacation.

I think you're joking, and it wasn't you. If so, i lul'd.

If it is you, youre a Goober. When you're in a camp everyone else must vacate the premises! Or else!! 1 week vacation! lol either way

Toxigen
10-04-2023, 01:11 PM
it was me

Wall O Lead
10-04-2023, 05:52 PM
I am Spartacus!

Snaggles
10-04-2023, 05:53 PM

^ this.

People really should be careful saying “this is camped”. It might force someone to look up the rule that will designate them to like 3 spawns inside a room and maybe a little trash outside the door.

magnetaress
10-04-2023, 06:35 PM
It's best to just have a full group that way you can just kill mobs as they spawn.

GMs can divide camps and kick you out anytime tho. This happened on live all the time. Multiple parties where always told to rotate spawns. If they didn't they got suspended.

Ooloo
10-04-2023, 07:42 PM

This point comes up a lot and it's retarded; when plane of fear first opens, you can kill all the bosses without having any gear from plane of fear, therefor why ever go to plane of fear? You can beat the stuff there without already having any of the gear from it after all.

P99 being velious locked isn't an answer, btw, cause there was never a guarantee of even the first much less second expansion and beyond.

Lune
10-04-2023, 07:50 PM
Might aswell be playing barbie dress up island adventure because your pixels are useless.

We're not playing barbie dress up island aventure?

Ooloo
10-04-2023, 07:55 PM
When X condition occurs, your accomplishments in everquest no longer matter. Before that though, they totally matter!

BigChief
11-22-2023, 05:24 PM
I had this clarified to me by a GM a few months ago. Camp claim requires the following:

- Camp is clear of mobs.

GM also said that if you have partially cleared a camp, and then another group comes down and finishes clearing before you - they have rights to the camp.

So you can't just look at a camp and then tell everyone else stay away because you saw it first. Gotta do the work first to claim it.

I had "good guys" report me for "taking their camp" by killing a mob that was up for 10 minutes. The room was packed, the hallway packed, and they were in another room!

They even gave me a "Do you know who I am?"

Ooloo
11-22-2023, 07:27 PM

I know this thread just got necroed but I didn't notice this post before and this is correct.

RNG guarantees you cannot have every single mob in a camp down immediately upon spawn 100% of the time if it's even remotely a challenging camp. This would be a totally ridiculous standard to require of people and a nightmare for gms to enforce.

I think a sensible rule is: If a camp contains say 10 mobs, you have to clear them and be able to kill the first respawn within a couple minutes of it spawning. If you can't maintain that rough schedule and somebody more capable wants the camp, you should move on.

But rabid hyper focusing on whether somebody is perfectly min\maxing a camp so you can slip in and snipe it when they fumble for two seconds is retarded.

Rager and Quitter
11-22-2023, 09:07 PM
We're not playing barbie dress up island aventure?

Elf fashionquest Norrath adventure edition.

magnetaress
11-22-2023, 09:23 PM
try red

Troxx
11-24-2023, 03:22 PM
Ultimately … if people just behaved like adults this wouldn’t be a problem. Game is 24 years old and this box ain’t that much younger. If someone’s claiming to try and do a thing … just move along and let them have some fun. Those mobs/camps aren’t going anywhere.

aaezil
11-26-2023, 12:32 AM
When X condition occurs, your accomplishments in everquest no longer matter. Before that though, they totally matter!

No imaginary pixel ever mattered hope this helps

Ranndom
11-26-2023, 06:46 PM

- Camp is clear of mobs.

I mean personally with the "rules" the gm's have laid out it is entirely illegal to "kite" whatever you want, into whoever you want, and take whatever you want.
As long as youre a bard. So the new meta is to just make a bard and train whoever is in your way.

sammoHung
11-27-2023, 11:42 AM
I know this thread just got necroed but I didn't notice this post before and this is correct.

RNG guarantees you cannot have every single mob in a camp down immediately upon spawn 100% of the time if it's even remotely a challenging camp. This would be a totally ridiculous standard to require of people and a nightmare for gms to enforce.

I think a sensible rule is: If a camp contains say 10 mobs, you have to clear them and be able to kill the first respawn within a couple minutes of it spawning. If you can't maintain that rough schedule and somebody more capable wants the camp, you should move on.

But rabid hyper focusing on whether somebody is perfectly min\maxing a camp so you can slip in and snipe it when they fumble for two seconds is retarded.

Agreed with this. The "spirit" of the law states this. Hey, this group is breaking in, and/or medding between kills at a camp? I'll move along. However, I've been ruled against via the "letter" of the law. GM told me because my group hadn't broken into the camp successfully yet (Despite clearing 1/2 the spawns in the camp, pulling them right outside), that the group of <Guild Name Redacted> including their guildleader "Redacted" was "legally" allowed to leapfrog us, and set up in the camp we were actively trying to break into. Because we did not "Establish and maintain a clear presence"

Of course I wish people would play nice. But this was, after all <Guild Name Redacted> and their guild leader, "Redacted" is known for being a coward that caps out of BoTB when he's about to lose.

sammoHung
11-27-2023, 11:49 AM
This also goes the other way. I'm not quite in a name and shame mood today, but this is from this morning. Log into Sol B at Efreeti. Nobody here, nice. Full pops, nice. Need some buffer exp. AFK a min to use bio. Come back, kill the hallway roamer.

[Mon Nov 27 09:20:25 2023] You have slain imp protector!
[Mon Nov 27 09:20:25 2023] You gain experience!!

AFK a few, get some coffee. Still nobody here? Nice. Start clearing the camp.

[Mon Nov 27 09:27:47 2023] You have slain imp protector!
[Mon Nov 27 09:27:47 2023] You gain experience!!

[Mon Nov 27 09:31:05 2023] You have slain imp protector!
[Mon Nov 27 09:31:05 2023] You gain experience!!

[Mon Nov 27 09:33:34 2023] You have slain imp protector!
[Mon Nov 27 09:33:34 2023] You gain experience!!

[Mon Nov 27 09:35:13 2023] You have slain imp protector!
[Mon Nov 27 09:35:13 2023] You gain experience!!

Sit to regen back to full. Ok cool camp is clear, nice gaps between spawns. Oh, wait, who's this?

[Mon Nov 27 09:40:11 2023] Redacted says, 'we were here killing the efreeti stuff before you popped on'
[Mon Nov 27 09:41:13 2023] Redacted says, 'you logged in and started killing without camp checking'
[Mon Nov 27 09:41:15 2023] You say, 'you werent here'
[Mon Nov 27 09:41:18 2023] Redacted_2 says, 'cycling ropund from lava to here, go all on timers'
[Mon Nov 27 09:41:20 2023] You say, 'you cant call a camp if youre not here'
[Mon Nov 27 09:41:32 2023] You say, 'it took me about 10 mins to clear this betweek afks'

Repop happened. From 22 mins ago. First one I killed.

[Mon Nov 27 09:42:27 2023] Auto attack on.
[Mon Nov 27 09:42:27 2023] Imp protector tries to crush YOU, but YOU dodge!
[Mon Nov 27 09:42:30 2023] You say, 'look at that respawn'
[Mon Nov 27 09:42:31 2023] You crush imp protector for 270 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 27 09:42:34 2023] You say, 'the first one i cleared'
[Mon Nov 27 09:42:36 2023] You crush imp protector for 212 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 27 09:42:36 2023] You say, '20 mins ago'

Because some fools will try to claim a camp, when they haven't been there for at least 22 minutes (time to respawn for full camp when I logged in), and don't return for at least 20 minutes after that (respawn after I started clearing) for a total of 40+ minutes and still try to claim a camp, because they had killed the mobs at some point during the day.

sammoHung
11-27-2023, 11:53 AM
Since you can't edit in RnF. Regarding the exchange above:

Shitbirds like this will claim they were "right on top of respawns" because they "had timers going." In a straight up lie (a bad one at that)

Meanwhile, it had been at least 40 minutes (generously, although if they were there it was probably well before that) since they'd killed anything in the camp. But they are shitbirds, so they try to "bully" someone out of a camp using camp claim.

So the pendulum swings both ways. It's shitty, but that's the game we play ;) I would not want to be a CSR on this game. Or any game for that matter.

Swish
11-28-2023, 03:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IVNETg4.jpg

Kohedron
11-29-2023, 03:27 PM
Sorry your camp got stolen, if you played on red it wouldn’t be an issue.

But nah instead of solutions you wanna pout on the internet

Ooloo
11-29-2023, 06:26 PM
Red just adds another avenue by which other players can fuck with you. Instead of just having your camp stolen, you also get the pleasure of being killed while it's stolen.

PVP is for ultima online, as holy god almighty intended.

skulldudes
11-30-2023, 01:54 PM
lol even uo pvp is garbage now. lemme just get 3 other guys, hold an ebolt and "target nearest enemy" as soon as i see an orange name. leet :o

cd288
11-30-2023, 04:13 PM

"Look at me I'm such a big tough guy playing a PVP role playing game"

Naethyn
11-30-2023, 04:25 PM
Take down names. Get to the end game and take pleasure in waiting for someone on the blacklist to show up.

Smoofers
11-30-2023, 04:44 PM
Take down names. Get to the end game and take pleasure in waiting for someone on the blacklist to show up.

This is one of the most bitch made things I've heard on these forums.

Naethyn
11-30-2023, 05:15 PM
Sokaran Furyfists stole a cloak of flames when two dropped off naggy in 2001 and I've been waiting ever since.

Shinko
12-02-2023, 02:36 PM
Agreed with this. The "spirit" of the law states this. Hey, this group is breaking in, and/or medding between kills at a camp? I'll move along. However, I've been ruled against via the "letter" of the law. GM told me because my group hadn't broken into the camp successfully yet (Despite clearing 1/2 the spawns in the camp, pulling them right outside), that the group of <Guild Name Redacted> including their guildleader "Redacted" was "legally" allowed to leapfrog us, and set up in the camp we were actively trying to break into. Because we did not "Establish and maintain a clear presence"

Of course I wish people would play nice. But this was, after all <Guild Name Redacted> and their guild leader, "Redacted" is known for being a coward that caps out of BoTB when he's about to lose.

what camp we talking about here?

cuz you're talking about safe space and shinko right?

BigChief
01-02-2024, 04:28 PM

You must be hilarious in real life.

aaezil
01-02-2024, 05:12 PM
At least we can all agree nothing is worse than pvp in everquest lol

quido
01-04-2024, 05:50 PM
everquest pvp is amazing, everquest pvpers are a nightmare

enjchanter
01-04-2024, 07:32 PM
I didn't read anything but if I'm clearing a camp it's mine