PDA

View Full Version : 2000+

CancerMage
10-01-2023, 06:25 PM
2000+ on a fresh roll up, for a garage box.

can ye just imagine. launch red99 2.0, launch green99 2.0 at same time.

Both servers would thrive.

aussenseiter
10-01-2023, 06:54 PM
Taylor Swift is rumored to attend the Chiefs game

Jotok
10-01-2023, 07:14 PM
streaming code changes, yikes, box=DOA

Ripqozko
10-01-2023, 07:17 PM
Donate bits today, make sure to hit that like and subscribe.

silo32
10-02-2023, 12:31 AM
Imagine using your imagination

Swish
10-02-2023, 01:32 AM
Give it a thumbs up.

Sirban
10-02-2023, 04:43 AM
what are you talking about

Toxigen
10-02-2023, 09:18 AM
what are you talking about

quarm

gonna put the dagger in p99

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-02-2023, 10:20 AM
quarm

gonna put the dagger in p99

Just you wait tho.

They gonna release a candy-colored server named the sandman.

MOMMIIEE!

magnetaress
10-02-2023, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure rogean and nilbog both praying some other emus their level of success. When nil nilbog is done he'll probably put the DB on a thumbstick and snail mail it to someone.

Toxigen
10-02-2023, 10:36 AM
Evidently Secrets is already planning on going from TAKP client to Evolution client, too.

eqravenprince
10-02-2023, 12:31 PM
It's too bad that they decided to go up to Planes of Power. I can't imagine Luclin and PoP being all that popular. It's pretty well known amongst most of the classic crowd that starting with Luclin was the start of the downfall of EQ. P99 is awesome, just needs Green 2.0 and Quarm will be a distant memory. Although it would be cool if they added to Green 2.0 the different play modes that Quarm is doing with Hardcore, Self Found and Solo.

Questors
10-02-2023, 12:40 PM
It's too bad that they decided to go up to Planes of Power. I can't imagine Luclin and PoP being all that popular. It's pretty well known amongst most of the classic crowd that starting with Luclin was the start of the downfall of EQ. P99 is awesome, just needs Green 2.0 and Quarm will be a distant memory. Although it would be cool if they added to Green 2.0 the different play modes that Quarm is doing with Hardcore, Self Found and Solo.

I enjoyed Luclin back the in day, so it's a draw for me, yet I am not there. Planes of Power was okay from a play the game perspective. It didn't make sense to me that everyone goes and punks their deity and without repercussions. I felt the same way about Fear, Hate and Growth though. Classic fans love them.

magnetaress
10-02-2023, 12:57 PM
I really like luclin, its the most lore rich and the zones and mobs are the coolest

Evia
10-02-2023, 02:37 PM

i agree with you that the game went downhill from luclin onwards....

the appeal of the pop box, like quarm, is that nobody is doing it. yeah, agnarr exists but its a ghost town. hopefully this isnt the fate of quarm, but i doubt it.

also i've been doing eq-velious for a while now, as have many others. I think even tho many of us might admit that luclin/pop was the beginning of the end for the game, it still has many features and content that would probably interest and appeal to the core classic-velious crowd. This is why i've warmed up to the idea of a luclin-pop server and i'm sure i can't be the only one.

Toxigen
10-02-2023, 02:45 PM
I've only ever played kunark and velious.

This is a new, fun thing.

Toryas
10-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Live’s death started at endgame Luclin. PoP was life support, GoD was the machine being unplugged.

Seducio
10-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Live’s death started at endgame Luclin. PoP was life support, GoD was the machine being unplugged.

EQ's death is misremembered. It didn't have to do with any internal expansion release. It died due to competition from the outside.

Another game released on November 23, 2004. That game appealed to the masses better than EQ ever will.

Worry
10-02-2023, 06:55 PM
EQ's death is misremembered. It didn't have to do with any internal expansion release. It died due to competition from the outside.

Another game released on November 23, 2004. That game appealed to the masses better than EQ ever will. Exactly this. Luclin was seen as amazing on release, and still is. If there was a P99 quality server up to Luclin, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of the playerbase would go there. TAKP just wasn't it.

PoP had fantastic raid zones, but PoKnowledge unfortunately did absolutely ruin the original vibe of the game.

Always said a Luclin server that has PoPower zones scattered around the world (besides Tranquility and Knowledge) would be perfect.

zelld52
10-02-2023, 08:50 PM

Another game released on November 23, 2004. That game appealed to the masses better than EQ ever will.

It's also because EQ2 was released around the same time, so EQ had to compete with WoW AND EQ2

magnetaress
10-03-2023, 10:35 PM
Exactly this. Luclin was seen as amazing on release, and still is. If there was a P99 quality server up to Luclin, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of the playerbase would go there. TAKP just wasn't it.

PoP had fantastic raid zones, but PoKnowledge unfortunately did absolutely ruin the original vibe of the game.

Always said a Luclin server that has PoPower zones scattered around the world (besides Tranquility and Knowledge) would be perfect.

This. And yeah. Wow and eq2... ugh.

GoD was good once they launched OoW

silo32
10-03-2023, 11:42 PM
World of Warcraft will be the death of Ever Quest

IzHaN80
10-04-2023, 09:45 PM
1600atm vs 1300 (Blue+Green) combined

silo32
10-05-2023, 01:03 AM
1600atm vs 1300 (Blue+Green) combined

P99 15 years

Quarm... 4 days

Talk to me in a year. This post is gonna age well

unsunghero
10-05-2023, 01:54 AM
Guessing a lot of quarm players will be p99 players with both open at once doing camps or chill farming or what not

Questors
10-05-2023, 07:42 AM
I have played on TAKP and tried Quarm. I didn't like TAKP. Quarm? Uh well....

I like the idea of Quarm, EQ up to PoP, and tried it for a few hours, but the mouse controls/view perspectives kill it for me. Third person perspective is abysmal and wonky at best; it's unpleasant to me. People who are used to first person shooter perspective won't care. I do. I don't play FPSs and don't like them. The perspective is one of the biggest reasons. Premise is another.

It's about immersion in the world for me and third person gives me that. It's about situational awareness in the world and third person gives me that. It's also a problem that is a me problem. In dungeons, tight and twisting 3D generated terrain and some other circumstances with graphics, first person perspective make me physically sick. I mean complete with throwing up and all if I don't stop immediately and take an hour or so to lie down and quell it. I do not experience this will third person view, except I did on Quarm because of the wonkiness of the mouse controls/viewing perspective.

All that said, I would really like to see a version of EQ based on the Windows client that goes up to PoP or maybe just Luclin. I don't know, the Phlarg Fiends in Paludal Caverns just cracked me up. What in the heck even is a Phlarg? ����

magnetaress
10-05-2023, 08:22 AM
What in the heck even is a Phlarg? ����
A fiend!

🤔🤣😅😱😈👾

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-05-2023, 01:01 PM
I have played on TAKP and tried Quarm. I didn't like TAKP. Quarm? Uh well....

I like the idea of Quarm, EQ up to PoP, and tried it for a few hours, but the mouse controls/view perspectives kill it for me. Third person perspective is abysmal and wonky at best; it's unpleasant to me. People who are used to first person shooter perspective won't care. I do. I don't play FPSs and don't like them. The perspective is one of the biggest reasons. Premise is another.

It's about immersion in the world for me and third person gives me that. It's about situational awareness in the world and third person gives me that. It's also a problem that is a me problem. In dungeons, tight and twisting 3D generated terrain and some other circumstances with graphics, first person perspective make me physically sick. I mean complete with throwing up and all if I don't stop immediately and take an hour or so to lie down and quell it. I do not experience this will third person view, except I did on Quarm because of the wonkiness of the mouse controls/viewing perspective.

All that said, I would really like to see a version of EQ based on the Windows client that goes up to PoP or maybe just Luclin. I don't know, the Phlarg Fiends in Paludal Caverns just cracked me up. What in the heck even is a Phlarg? ����

Your disinterest in a first person perspective is concerning. You clearly associate it with violence ("first person shooter" is your term) and that you do not find it gives you "situational awareness." Disorientation, unsteady gait.

Ego dysphoria is defined, in the DSM, as an unwillingess or discomfort, in assuming the first person voice, especially in the present tense. Such people can *recall* first person experiences but will slip into the classic "robot voice from The Shining" if you ask them to describe their "first person" in the present.

[uses finger to talk] Do you hear me? Is this bad?

magnetaress
10-05-2023, 01:18 PM
lol great one Sadre !

eqravenprince
10-05-2023, 01:56 PM
What was so great about Luclin, the new character models were horrible, that right there basically killed it for me. The bazaar killed EC. Cats on the moon, the lore was just outright strange and didn't fit. And I absolutely hated AA's, meant people just stayed at max level grinding out AA's instead of creating alts, killed the grouping 1-50 game considerably cause the grind was basically FOREVER to max out a character. What was left of grouping, all pooled into Paladul Caverns, leaving almost everything else 1-30 just empty zones. And as others have eluded to competition killed EQ, and it started with Dark Age of Camelot at first, then EQ2 and WoW was the death blow.

unsunghero
10-05-2023, 02:31 PM
the new character models were horrible

^

When I played on live I’d always have the setting for old character models turned on

eqravenprince
10-05-2023, 02:55 PM
^

When I played on live I’d always have the setting for old character models turned on

Yeah, did they remove that eventually to where you couldn't use old models?

unsunghero
10-05-2023, 03:23 PM
Yeah, did they remove that eventually to where you couldn't use old models?

They may have, I haven’t played retail in years. Used to be a option in the display options

Raclen
10-05-2023, 04:08 PM
2000+ on a fresh roll up, for a garage box.

can ye just imagine. launch red99 2.0, launch green99 2.0 at same time.

Both servers would thrive.

It is a good idea for Project1999 but it wouldn't be good for the players. At some point another project needs to take over that is better. P99 kind of sucks. The client is garbage, the rules suck, the stagnant velious for a decade is garbage. All the other servers need is a player base, might as well let this place just die off.

Jimjam
10-05-2023, 04:14 PM
This. And yeah. Wow and eq2... ugh.

GoD was good once they launched OoW

Really enjoyed GoD as an expansion to go back to. When it was released it had nothing for me.

I loved OOW both as a casual and also as a raider.

Jimjam
10-05-2023, 04:29 PM
What was so great about Luclin, the new character models were horrible, that right there basically killed it for me. The bazaar killed EC. Cats on the moon, the lore was just outright strange and didn't fit. And I absolutely hated AA's, meant people just stayed at max level grinding out AA's instead of creating alts, killed the grouping 1-50 game considerably cause the grind was basically FOREVER to max out a character. What was left of grouping, all pooled into Paladul Caverns, leaving almost everything else 1-30 just empty zones. And as others have eluded to competition killed EQ, and it started with Dark Age of Camelot at first, then EQ2 and WoW was the death blow.

I liked the Lightcrawlers and mushrooms.

silo32
10-05-2023, 09:43 PM
It is a good idea for Project1999 but it wouldn't be good for the players. At some point another project needs to take over that is better. P99 kind of sucks. The client is garbage, the rules suck, the stagnant velious for a decade is garbage. All the other servers need is a player base, might as well let this place just die off.

Wrong, gotta love people that don't play EQ emu or p99 that make suggestions to anything related to the game

P99 is amazing

Sorry you didn't get warder loot, or lvl past 49

Try red?

aussenseiter
10-05-2023, 10:37 PM
I poked around and found Quarm is little more than TAKP with a single box rule and remapping the camera follow view to the scroll wheel.

RaV6rOXnTU0

aussenseiter
10-05-2023, 10:43 PM
Like you dipshits are excited to be playing Quarm when the exact same view was available on TAKP for 8 years.

send post

aussenseiter
10-05-2023, 10:54 PM
P99 already has a Single Box rule

P99 already has the forthcoming Revolution client camera view

What gives here?

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 08:41 AM
Quarm isn't a haven for the scum and villainy that shall not be discussed here that rises to the top of every raid org.

Also, I like quarms atmosphere. I agree with secrets where it comes to matters of everquest.

P99 also has gone wacky with some changes. Especially human vision which is buggy af. They refuse to fix unclassic things like enchanters and channeling.

U literally use OG stone UI on quarm.

P99 is like classic lite with accessibility not in mind and some weird fetishism over raid orgs actually running the server for themselves instead of for all.

Quarm will win out.

Quarm is actively being developed.

Quarms core game mechanics are literally pulled from the client not someone's idealization of what NTOV was.

Hope this helps!

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Tldr. It's not p99

Honestly I think p99 staff hope quarm does amazingly well over the long haul too. Not because they don't love p99 butt because I am pretty sure that they are ready to pass the torch and p99s maintenance mode is long overdue

silo32
10-06-2023, 09:56 AM
Quarm has no anti cheat, enjoy 2 boxing, showEq, warping, top kek.

Server is a joke, just like magneturd

Toxigen
10-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Quarm has no anti cheat, enjoy 2 boxing, showEq, warping, top kek.

Server is a joke, just like magneturd

starkind disapproves

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 04:33 PM
Silo32 is mostly angry guy judging by the majority of his posts. Feels bad man.

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-06-2023, 05:49 PM
I personally find any hint of 3rd person disorienting. It's not how reality is at all, so I lose my immersion. 3rd person reminds me of birds. As if birds were watching me. That's a "no go" for me.

Infectious
10-06-2023, 07:42 PM
Funny how everyone comes here to tell us how good it is... And look at the shitters trying to convince everyone to play on a Secrets server(lol).

Sounds like a server for the mentally confused at this point.

Seducio
10-06-2023, 09:06 PM
P1999 rocks, TAKP rocks, PQ rocks

Old school EQers having choices rocks. Fanboyism is silly

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 09:40 PM
P1999 rocks, TAKP rocks, PQ rocks

Old school EQers having choices rocks. Fanboyism is silly

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 09:41 PM
PQ is really good tho. So far it's living up to the hype and exceeded my own expectations and desires for a server.

aussenseiter
10-06-2023, 09:42 PM
PQ is really good tho. So far it's living up to the hype and exceeded my own expectations and desires for a server.

It's TAKP. You've already single boxed on TAKP.

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 09:49 PM
It's TAKP. You've already single boxed on TAKP.

Ya butt. I am getting lots of fun and interesting player interaction on PQ.

I am a weirdo who doesn't enjoy boxing or botting. So you gotta play 1 char too )

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 09:50 PM
Right now combat feels a bit better on PQ than Takp also.

For some reason takp felt... a bit tooo easy sort of. For some reason.

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 09:51 PM

For some reason takp felt... a bit tooo easy sort of. For some reason.

This is totally maybe my imagination tho.

putrid_plum
10-07-2023, 01:34 PM
I always enjoy reading here how 'everyone hates Luclin and PoP' but it's just like the same few loud players when the majority would/do actually enjoy it plus probably want it.

Server is packed. Obviously it has some appeal. Will it last? I think it depends on the Devs and if a few things get fixed/tweaked.

I think it has good potential.

unsunghero
10-07-2023, 01:47 PM
I been liking how dead green p99 been lately. Maybe casual scrubs will have a shot at those high end targets one day

Jimjam
10-07-2023, 02:33 PM
I always enjoy reading here how 'everyone hates Luclin and PoP' but it's just like the same few loud players when the majority would/do actually enjoy it plus probably want it.

Server is packed. Obviously it has some appeal. Will it last? I think it depends on the Devs and if a few things get fixed/tweaked.

I think it has good potential.

Well, PQ doesn't have luclin/pop yet, so it could be many of the players just want a fresh vanilla server. Fresh vanilla servers are a lot of fun.

Also, I don't think LoY/PoP are so hated, BUT it is beyond the scope of this project. I like the lack of project creep here on p99. Especially now there is a 1box loy/pop alternative starting up.

Swish
10-09-2023, 07:26 PM
How long til LDoN?

magnetaress
10-09-2023, 09:41 PM
The main problem with LDON was the systems bloat. More UIs. More spells that kinda... meh and weirdly mandatory in some ways.

The best part of ldon was making rogues have utility.

We should add randomly spawning traps in all of the old dungeons and some out doors camp areas. Some DT. Some snare for a long time. Some give 15 per tick dots that last 90 minutes. Some randomly teleport players igh above the ground and around the world. Some delete a piece of gear. Some permanently blind your character. Some make your character randomly run in a random direction for 7 seconds. Some permanently drain all stamina. Some make it so your character drowns in air without enduring breath. Some take away a whole level. Some make you a gnomes. And some remove all chat functionality to simulate deafness. Some make it so your spells will cast another spell instead. Some make it so you can only turn and strafe in one direction. Some make your threat range the whole zone. Some summon a flaming sword of xuzl that double hits for 900 and has 16k hp.

aussenseiter
10-09-2023, 10:08 PM

https://media.tenor.com/fKmjHZoUYc4AAAAM/no-nodding.gif

magnetaress
10-09-2023, 11:03 PM
https://tenor.com/beeYg.gif

You realize you are arguing with someone who knows they are delusional and needs to shower?

magnetaress
10-09-2023, 11:05 PM
https://media.tenor.com/ix_VPLnjHIAAAAAj/cute-yes.gif

aussenseiter
10-09-2023, 11:35 PM
https://tenor.com/beeYg.gif

You realize you are arguing with someone who knows they are delusional and needs to shower?

That doesn't mean I should treat you worse than I treat anyone. 🧛

magnetaress
10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
🧛🥰🧑*🌾

magnetaress
10-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Famer person emoji doesn't show up well... every kibbutz needs a vampire!

magnetaress
10-10-2023, 02:15 PM
Just incase u get armordillo meats in N ro on Quarm, (I got 4)

zz2j1FrxIkk?si=G5Kfio6cnQx5UwfE

Raclen
10-12-2023, 12:44 PM
Wrong, gotta love people that don't play EQ emu or p99 that make suggestions to anything related to the game

P99 is amazing

Sorry you didn't get warder loot, or lvl past 49

Try red?

In one post you accuse someone of not playing EQ Emu, not playing P99, playing p99 but not raiding warders, and playing but not getting over level 49. Your autism is showing.

Worry
10-12-2023, 04:43 PM
In one post you accuse someone of not playing EQ Emu, not playing P99, playing p99 but not raiding warders, and playing but not getting over level 49. Your autism is showing. he just spews nonsense for attention.

silo32
10-14-2023, 05:16 PM
It’s so easy to spin your own narrative in your head where you’re being picked on for some reason or another. 99% of the time that story isn’t true.

Response to the last two posts above.

magnetaress
10-14-2023, 08:07 PM
Silo32 ur unfairness narrative is silly and UNoriginal. Get gud.

aussenseiter
10-14-2023, 10:48 PM
Silo32 ur unfairness narrative is silly and UNoriginal. Get gud.

He's decently funny but could use some upgrade.

nauLgZISozs

Tentarro
10-14-2023, 10:54 PM
Don't worry, server is going to die soon.
Secrets just repopped Vox for Faceless seconds after they downed it.

magnetaress
10-14-2023, 11:40 PM
Don't worry, server is going to die soon.
Secrets just repopped Vox for Faceless seconds after they downed it.

Upon further review and research.

Fake news. Lol.

Tentarro
10-14-2023, 11:45 PM
Upon further review and research.

Fake news. Lol.

>Faceless kills Vox
>Server "automatically" respawns Vox right after the kill

OK

magnetaress
10-14-2023, 11:47 PM
Literally fake news. The proof is on discord. Maybe tomorrow ill cut and paste if you're too lazy. Doubt you'll wanna read tho!

magnetaress
10-15-2023, 08:35 AM
>Faceless kills Vox
>Server "automatically" respawns Vox right after the kill

OK

Here' u go dumbed down in zoomer format ! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1951418221

magnetaress
10-15-2023, 08:36 AM
^ and now u know when the next quake will be :d

aussenseiter
10-17-2023, 12:43 AM
Literally fake news. The proof is on discord. Maybe tomorrow ill cut and paste if you're too lazy. Doubt you'll wanna read tho!

Link the proof. Genuinely want to know.

magnetaress
10-17-2023, 07:43 AM

Here' u go dumbed down in zoomer format ! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1951418221

magnetaress
10-17-2023, 07:44 AM

Being accused of corruption while AFK was a new one for me. Oof.

I went over this on stream last night (https://twitch.tv/secretspast), and there was 45 minutes on the window left - the last quake was 11:00 EST on October 4th, the quake that occurred was on 10:40 EST @ October 14th, and by 10:55pm EST on October 14th, the next quake occurred.

Checking an October 9th backup of PQ, this date for the next quake was identical to the time it happened - 15 minutes before, in line with the time.

That also means there was 45 minutes in the window ending period. There was approximately ~40-45 minutes before the end of the window would have occurred since the October 4th quake. So, there was a level of 45 minutes of predictability or waiting since the last quake - but only if they knew when the last quake was.

Talking with the Faceless folks, I learned that the quake was a surprise for them too. They missed the October 4th quake notice and didn't have that documented. They also didn't know I accidentally shared the last quake time on stream, which I've since verified. I couldn't find the new quake time on my VODs.

Our raid rules section clearly state that the next quake would be in 7 to 10 days, and, in this case, we hit about 9 days, 23 hours and 20 minutes into the window before the next quake occurred.

The Git is also public, denoting what the default raid rules are (we are using these):
https://github.com/SecretsOTheP/EQMacEmu/blob/afa67ebbe07721f57ede941fa2eb7d29d8178e2c/common/ruletypes.h#L201

So, there's no way they would have known short of me sharing it with them, and even then, the timer was set nearly 10 days ago.

I'd be in Mayhem's (formerly Rivervale Fudge Factory) discord, too, but I was told I wasn't allowed by BEEF to be there. And I'm fine with that. We got all guild leaders in our discord now, so there's no reason for me to be there. I am only in there to keep tabs on people, and make sure that if something's being exploited, we patch it ASAP. I'd still join Mayhem's discord if they allowed me to join, but it's not on me.

I think this thread just wants there to be corruption in the staff, so they can be justified in quitting Quarm. It's like they're so used to drama and CSR bias, that they're actively looking for it in places it doesn't exist.

We're in this for the long haul, and will deal with corruption as it arises - as P99 has also done for decade and some change it's been online.

mattydef
10-19-2023, 01:59 PM
The worst part about PQ is the fact we have to wait 2-3 years before we actually get to Luclin/POP.

Seducio
10-19-2023, 02:15 PM
The worst part about PQ is the fact we have to wait 2-3 years before we actually get to Luclin/POP.

True. There is always TAKP if you want a sneak peak of Luclin/PoP. You'd be surprised about one third of the population there one boxes and some of the Raid Guilds prefer one boxers.

Kohedron
10-19-2023, 02:27 PM
Can't nuke red because (mysterious and shitty reasons)

magnetaress
10-19-2023, 07:55 PM

IKR i wish they launched LUCLIN and stayed in lucklin for 3 years, than launched pop.

magnetaress
10-19-2023, 07:55 PM
IKR i wish they launched LUCLIN and stayed in lucklin for 3 years, than launched pop.

preferably legacy items permanantly disabled... or only nongamebreaking legacy items permanantly in (stuff like manastone, guise, and rubi in perma)

aussenseiter
10-19-2023, 08:12 PM

Glad they didn't. It's improving things for everyone to have p99 beards grumble at the Mac DB.

Seducio
10-19-2023, 08:20 PM

Swifties really know how to shake up Live Nation

magnetaress
10-19-2023, 09:37 PM
Glad they didn't. It's improving things for everyone to have p99 beards grumble at the Mac DB.

I would do a classic custom server.

Things I would change and keep classic

:Classic:
All combat stuffs
Spell resists
skillups
mob stats (ish +or -1 five %)

Things I would change:
I would redo each zone as if the world had progressed
i.e... good races exiled to erude, qeynos taken over by bloodsabers, RV overrunn by iksars (since so many iksar hunt the guards there, FP taken over by High elvs, neriak dark elfs would kick everyone out of Foreign quarter. I would use expansion zones upto pop to add custom 1-60 content some of it luclin power, some kunark, some vanilla

Re-itemize base game
new lore friendly quests
lots of new flavor text of npcs talking about the world and eachother when you do:
/say what about Mayor Gubbin to like a goblin lord if your friendly witht he gobbos

Lots of new lil secrets to find

Because there would be no wiki.

I would balance some mobs to be more melee focused, some to be more mage focus'd so they would have better resits or higher ac, or higher attack, or more hp, but low AC stuff liek that so it would be benificial to hunt certain camps as certain classes or in some cases you would want to bring a mix of players ... a war and rogue for fighting high resist mobs... and a mage for fighting low hp, but extremely high ac or high attack mobs... some mobs you would just kill slow, some would be very dangerous u would want to kill asap (having a wiz, or a lot of melee dps)

I would also nerf the heck out of legacy items and just make them normal parts of the loot

AND

finally

I would make charm very much more limited.

I think I would also change bards a lot too if I really wanted to get into it that class either needs melody or needs to ahave its songs limited/buffed such that you play one song and you have a 15 minute effect from that song and you can't play another for 10 mins, and it's like a 1 minute cast time. whatever would let bards pick uptime, so u would play a song situationally --- for healing if your gorup is low hp... or a single target dps for solo or vs one of those big bad high attack low hp mobs i mentioned above or something defensive if your going to pull a caster that will drop AoEs on the group

Seducio
10-19-2023, 09:57 PM
I would do a classic custom server.

Things I would change and keep classic

:Classic:
All combat stuffs
Spell resists
skillups
mob stats (ish +or -1 five %)

Things I would change:
I would redo each zone as if the world had progressed
i.e... good races exiled to erude, qeynos taken over by bloodsabers, RV overrunn by iksars (since so many iksar hunt the guards there, FP taken over by High elvs, neriak dark elfs would kick everyone out of Foreign quarter. I would use expansion zones upto pop to add custom 1-60 content some of it luclin power, some kunark, some vanilla

Re-itemize base game
new lore friendly quests
lots of new flavor text of npcs talking about the world and eachother when you do:
/say what about Mayor Gubbin to like a goblin lord if your friendly witht he gobbos

Lots of new lil secrets to find

Because there would be no wiki.

I would balance some mobs to be more melee focused, some to be more mage focus'd so they would have better resits or higher ac, or higher attack, or more hp, but low AC stuff liek that so it would be benificial to hunt certain camps as certain classes or in some cases you would want to bring a mix of players ... a war and rogue for fighting high resist mobs... and a mage for fighting low hp, but extremely high ac or high attack mobs... some mobs you would just kill slow, some would be very dangerous u would want to kill asap (having a wiz, or a lot of melee dps)

I would also nerf the heck out of legacy items and just make them normal parts of the loot

AND

finally

I would make charm very much more limited.

I think I would also change bards a lot too if I really wanted to get into it that class either needs melody or needs to ahave its songs limited/buffed such that you play one song and you have a 15 minute effect from that song and you can't play another for 10 mins, and it's like a 1 minute cast time. whatever would let bards pick uptime, so u would play a song situationally --- for healing if your gorup is low hp... or a single target dps for solo or vs one of those big bad high attack low hp mobs i mentioned above or something defensive if your going to pull a caster that will drop AoEs on the group

Interesting ideas. Have you ever set up your own private server magnetaress to play with GM commands and generally muck around? Both eye opening and fun for a few days.

It's easier then ever. I set up two: an Akkadius and TAKP. TAKP was a bit more involved of the two to get upto get up and running for me for some reason. Akkadius worked like a breeze, but it is way ahead expansion wise past PoP. Def fun to play around with if you are technical like. It's only set up for one player but I supposed I could LAN others in.

A cool way to see EQ from a different perspective.

Secrets
10-19-2023, 10:30 PM

Been insanely useful having the era accuracy folks tell the TAKP folks what's wrong, for certain. Y'all have been awesome!

magnetaress
10-19-2023, 11:57 PM
Interesting ideas. Have you ever set up your own private server magnetaress to play with GM commands and generally muck around? Both eye opening and fun for a few days.

It's easier then ever. I set up two: an Akkadius and TAKP. TAKP was a bit more involved of the two to get upto get up and running for me for some reason. Akkadius worked like a breeze, but it is way ahead expansion wise past PoP. Def fun to play around with if you are technical like. It's only set up for one player but I supposed I could LAN others in.

A cool way to see EQ from a different perspective.

I wish. It took me all day to set up PQ and some hotkeys.

A database and stuff with a server working through my silly home wifi router... lol... I wish. 20 years ago maybe.

It would take me a week just to figure out how to run the db on Linux or something or if I did it on windows I probably would wind up with some greyware/malware from trying to install and compile the github stuff.

I avoid technical shit. nParse is toooo much. Having to authorize discord and its information overload.

:(

magnetaress
10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Had the same problem with wow and all the complex mods and 3rd party software you need now just to get into an m+2

magnetaress
10-20-2023, 12:03 AM
Ideally I would just cook up something retro looking and lowfi in unreal engine :p with a nod to classic EQ.

Wouldn't it be cool to get a 5mil loan and hire like 2 or 3 dedicated nerds who could see the Vision TM...

I'm not hopeful where I struggle to shower and brush hair and teeth each day.

magnetaress
10-20-2023, 12:05 AM
I know some guys have done some amazing ports of EQ to other engines.

Would love to see monetization though and its own fresh IP so they could be truly rewarded for their efforts.

Valakut
10-20-2023, 07:09 AM
diablo 4 gonna last longer than PQ, just sayin

adruidarkly
10-29-2023, 10:44 PM
i wouldn't underestimate the 40+ crowd realizing QOL of not having to stay up till 2am socking dragons anymore to deny others pixels that people have attained already under more challenging circumstances for over two decades

magnetaress
10-29-2023, 10:55 PM
Stamina works on Quarm :D ! ! !

rolled an eru pal with 75 sta and i have to stop and rest after running for a while and if i use anything heavier than a short sword :p

aussenseiter
10-29-2023, 11:20 PM
diablo 4 gonna last longer than PQ, just sayin

Nah

Jimjam
10-30-2023, 03:19 AM
Stamina works on Quarm :D ! ! !

rolled an eru pal with 75 sta and i have to stop and rest after running for a while and if i use anything heavier than a short sword :p

Ngl the switch from Langseax to Langseax of the Wolves is exhausting!

xlimits
11-21-2023, 03:38 AM

Banned!

Nostalgiabait
02-18-2024, 09:22 AM

I remember it pretty well, given that I'd already quit EQ well before WoW hit the market. WoW did not kill EQ, EQ's own expansions did it. WoW simply dumped the already-cold corpse into the grave.

Shadows of Luclin release: December 2001
Planes of Power release: August 2002

Both expansions were thoroughly played out by the time of WoW release. EQ was already three expansions past PoP before WoW was released, with Omens of War being released two months prior.

SoL had quality control issues from hell and the design of Vex Thal was a blatant stalling tactic trying to prevent hardcore players from completing everything in a few months. PoP... I was playing a cleric main at the time and you may as well have deleted the class entirely given what PoP offered.

magnetaress
02-18-2024, 09:42 AM
need new red 2024 2.0