PDA

View Full Version : You cheating maggots

Gugg
09-30-2023, 04:44 AM
Being in two places at the same time is cheating and it's not classic. If you want to see what's for sale you should go there in person.

Running an automated in-game bot to pull it off is cheating too.

https://i.ibb.co/5Gx8F0V/Discord-com-Discord-p99-green-classic-tunnel-stream-Tunnel-Quest-P99.png

Gugg
09-30-2023, 04:45 AM
How many of you are using a 3rd party tracker too so you can tracks mobs in-game?

magnetaress
09-30-2023, 08:49 AM
Gugg using big multi- syllable orc words now.

aussenseiter
09-30-2023, 09:48 AM
The kefitzat can do that 🪱

Nexsar
09-30-2023, 12:18 PM
I agree… we are cheating. Might as well implement a bazaar at this point. (Please do implement bazaar)

Evia
09-30-2023, 12:24 PM
EC TUNNEL 4 LIFE

Rager and Quitter
09-30-2023, 01:42 PM
I actually hired a human character (I don't know this person in real life) to stand in EC tunnel and send me tells of every item for sale as they're posted in /auction. He only charges 50p/hr to do it.

I also have a level 60 enchanter character (again, I don't know them in real life), who is quite knowledgeable of all things Norrath that at any point I can ask questions about quests, items, spawn times, zone information, and locations of things of note. He charges me 500p per month for his services.

magnetaress
09-30-2023, 01:53 PM
Ppl who are really serious about EC just post their trade goods on Discord and only log in to transfer plat and items anyway.

wuanahto
09-30-2023, 02:39 PM
i just hate getting tells for it 6+ hours after i sold said item. i mean did you really fucking think 50 ice giant toes would last that long?

unsunghero
09-30-2023, 05:03 PM
There used to be a twitch channel that live-streamed both server’s EC, I used to use that

Until it went away, then I had to make a lev 1 alt to stand there. Not a fan of discord, ventrillo 4 life

Gugg
10-06-2023, 08:50 AM
Why not play on retail version if you want ez cheat mode?

They have the bazaar on the live version, it makes buying and selling super easy. You don't even need to visit the bazaar in person, the item gets emailed to your inventory.

They also have RMT, Mercs, out of combat regen, and global chat channels.

It's perfect for you.

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 08:53 AM
You can buy and sell anywhere now pretty much on live

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 08:59 AM
What i would love to see an mmo do is make actual npc markets that are local and trade with each other and scale ... so like Freeport would buy from the other big markets and big ticket items may get auctioned via courier and it could take like a month for them to travel around. So a big market wouldn't immediately be aware of little market and there'd be lag time between all market interactions, like a queuing system with interrupts.

This would be supppper fun. And players could operate their own shops in each market if they wanted making buy and sell orders and adjusting price... add more layers to this and hook in industries that turn raw materials into goods... !

:D

Gugg
10-06-2023, 09:42 AM
What i would love to see an mmo do is make actual npc markets that are local and trade with each other and scale ... so like Freeport would buy from the other big markets and big ticket items may get auctioned via courier and it could take like a month for them to travel around. So a big market wouldn't immediately be aware of little market and there'd be lag time between all market interactions, like a queuing system with interrupts.

This would be supppper fun. And players could operate their own shops in each market if they wanted making buy and sell orders and adjusting price... add more layers to this and hook in industries that turn raw materials into goods... !

:D

I'm gonna give you the same advice you gave me: TAKP.

https://i.ibb.co/NK6nrVq/laughing-laugh.gif

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna give you the same advice you gave me: TAKP.

https://i.ibb.co/NK6nrVq/laughing-laugh.gif

QUARM ! :eek: ;) :p :o 🥰

Gugg
10-06-2023, 10:07 AM
QUARM ! :eek: ;) :p :o 🥰

No, make your own with TAKP just the way you want it.

Gugg
10-06-2023, 10:13 AM
So let's sum things up...

P99 is AFK server, bot server, and Discord/TunnelQuest server.

Now with Queerm, it's the ghost town server?

Rager and Quitter
10-06-2023, 10:54 AM
Gugg, I sense a lot of anger in you. I worry you might get lost to the Dark Side.

Even though people have treated you poorly for so long, you don't have to let that permanently change the way you view others and the world around you.

You can be happy.

Gugg
10-06-2023, 11:15 AM
Gugg, I sense a lot of anger in you. I worry you might get lost to the Dark Side.

Even though people have treated you poorly for so long, you don't have to let that permanently change the way you view others and the world around you.

You can be happy.
Spidey sense?

FYI: I'm only negative in a negative world.

That's the right way of doing things.

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 11:27 AM
quarm is buys its fun talking to ppl

Gugg
10-06-2023, 11:40 AM
quarm is buys its fun talking to ppl

Quarm isn't an official server. Neither is P99.

Verant being asleep at the wheel is what's keeping these emulated servers in business.

I wouldn't invest serious effort into either because of that.

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 11:42 AM
lol i ddont expect my chars to live forever and ever ! just having fun while it lasts

I loved playong in p99 for years and years its time for me to move on personally tho

not because i hate the project or the staff just time to move on to GREENer pastures and i like starting over ! its fun to run around with combine weapons and make ur own armor and be a newb

Gugg
10-06-2023, 11:47 AM
lol i ddont expect my chars to live forever and ever ! just having fun while it lasts

I loved playong in p99 for years and years its time for me to move on personally tho

not because i hate the project or the staff just time to move on to GREENer pastures and i like starting over ! its fun to run around with combine weapons and make ur own armor and be a newb

It's also nice to have a permanent home where what you work for doesn't disappear overnight. That won't happen though until financial profit is taken out of the equation.

You can have lots of emulated servers but only one official server.

Official is the way to go, but profit has taken centre stage.

Jimjam
10-06-2023, 02:00 PM
Nah, official means commercial. Commercial requires profitability.

The top amateur stuff has far more staying power than pro.

It’s amazing I still have my eqlive toons to check up on every few years. When I rolled them I had no expectation for them to last a year let alone decades.

Gugg
10-06-2023, 02:10 PM

It’s amazing I still have my eqlive toons to check up on every few years. When I rolled them I had no expectation for them to last a year let alone decades.

Nah, I can create something original and therefore official without it needing to be commercial.

The universe doesn't need Walmart.

Origen
10-06-2023, 02:12 PM
Buddy I don't think MMOs of any type are good for you, specifically

Jimjam
10-06-2023, 02:18 PM
Nah, I can create something original and therefore official without it needing to be commercial.

The universe doesn't need Walmart.

<3

Rager and Quitter
10-06-2023, 02:46 PM
Gugg is what you get when you take playing video games way too seriously. If you think you're "investing" time into a character on any video game ever, you're starting from the wrong assumption. Video games are a time sink, a pass-time, a waste of time, and a distraction.

I'm not saying I don't engage in the distraction, but every video game and every server will eventually come to an end, and any time "invested" will vanish immediately. Don't lie to yourself that it is any different. To what degree you accept the wasted time is on you. I personally play a handful of weeks each year on P99 and then call it good until the nostalgia itch creeps up again.

Salaryman
10-06-2023, 04:01 PM
try RED

Origen
10-06-2023, 04:08 PM
try OUTDOORS

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 04:10 PM

^

same still got some characters and a sword of the mourning on green or something and red99 to remember if i ever log in again

same on takp

now on quarm I have one character I will always remember having fun getting my defense skill up in the newbie yard and trying to remember how the heck to find a bag

Gugg
10-06-2023, 11:18 PM
Gugg is what you get when you take playing video games way too seriously. If you think you're "investing" time into a character on any video game ever, you're starting from the wrong assumption. Video games are a time sink, a pass-time, a waste of time, and a distraction.

I'm not saying I don't engage in the distraction, but every video game and every server will eventually come to an end, and any time "invested" will vanish immediately. Don't lie to yourself that it is any different. To what degree you accept the wasted time is on you. I personally play a handful of weeks each year on P99 and then call it good until the nostalgia itch creeps up again.

You're afk leveling, visiting ec tunnel on an external web site and using tracking cheats.

At this stage you might aswell use speed hacks and buy items/platinum too. After all, you "don't take it too seriously". Are you doing all those things already?

PS. Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Gugg
10-06-2023, 11:36 PM
I will always remember having fun getting my defense skill up in the newbie yard and trying to remember how the heck to find a bag

Aren't you scheduled to die? That's what you keep telling me, hence your bucket list.

How can you remember something forever if you're gonna be dead soon??

magnetaress
10-06-2023, 11:46 PM
Well forever equals the amount of time I'm actually alive since u can't exactly have the rest of the universe after me without the universe before with me existing in it.

It's a lot like the moon basically is a part of you since without the moon. You would be different!

There was an supernova explosion 4 million years ago and it will always be there 4 million years ago. Heck we even know about it today. Even NOT knowing about it directly it still existed now because it existed then. Not sure if that's the one that irradiated the elephants?

Anyway. I am not worried about not existing. Can't change that now. I will forever remember basically my entire lifetime about this post. And that is forever for me. And probably you too.

Butt yeah I am very tired. Should probably try to get some sleep before I have a stroke.

Gugg
10-07-2023, 12:02 AM
Well forever equals the amount of time I'm actually alive since u can't exactly have the rest of the universe after me without the universe before with me existing in it.

It's a lot like the moon basically is a part of you since without the moon. You would be different!

There was an supernova explosion 4 million years ago and it will always be there 4 million years ago. Heck we even know about it today. Even NOT knowing about it directly it still existed now because it existed then. Not sure if that's the one that irradiated the elephants?

Anyway. I am not worried about not existing. Can't change that now. I will forever remember basically my entire lifetime about this post. And that is forever for me. And probably you too.

Butt yeah I am very tired. Should probably try to get some sleep before I have a stroke.

When you finally do go, can you take all the other death cultists with you? There would be a lot less traffic and noise pollution if you did. The beaches would be a lot emptier and the oceans would be a lot cleaner too. It sounds like paradise to me.

I will miss your amazing history lessons but I'm sure I will survive without knowing what happened 50 billion years ago.

magnetaress
10-07-2023, 12:21 AM
When you finally do go, can you take all the other death cultists with you? There would be a lot less traffic and noise pollution if you did. The beaches would be a lot emptier and the oceans would be a lot cleaner too. It sounds like paradise to me.

I will miss your amazing history lessons but I'm sure I will survive without knowing what happened 50 billion years ago.

I love you too Gugg. Nns!