PDA

View Full Version : Camps that Lvl 50 toons "steal"

Slake
03-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Please dont take this as a flame because its not.

While in a group today in Sol A, we cleared to the kings room and there was no one there. Along comes Iunurface a lvl 50 SK. He goes on to tell us that he is here for a specific mob and we better not take it. Now, we were there first because the WHOLE area was spawned and we had done a CC in shout and no one responded because there was 7 of us in zone and 2 were from Europa guild. But here is a lvl 50 in a 20-35 area telling us he is after a specific mob so he can do which i assumed was the Lambent armor piece.

You level 50's with nothing to do....leave the exp areas for us lower level guys and find someplace to farm your twink elsewhere. I told the group we may as well move to the bartender area because i didnt want to piss off some guy who could train a shit ton of mobs on us and FD.

The point of this thread is to let people who are trying to exp and maybe get a piece of loot to upgrade themselves do just that. If your lvl 50 and twinking an alt...how about play him and get it the honest way. I am not trying to say what you are doing is wrong, hell, Taborvane helped me get my Totemic Helm. But at least respect the people who are there ahead of you and pulled the room. Or maybe if you were there in front of us (which you were not), answer the CC. A lvl 50 will NOT get aggro from the goblins in Sol A by running past them. And as I stated above, we pulled the 2 rooms there and then the SK showed up.

Just trying to get a equal shot at loot as the next guy. Be nice to us lowbies!

ok....flame away you level 50's

Turbo
03-13-2010, 12:50 AM
No reason to flame. Additionally, I've found 50 druids PLing guildies/alts are usually very inconsiderate of up and comers. If you're a first timer and unrest and there's a wolf formed lowbie, you're better off taking an hour off

Ektar
03-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Sorry, me being level 50 makes me a better person than you. And you, as a lesser creature, do not deserve my respect. I will take what I want, when I want from you.

And I will only listen to 3/5 of your complaints.

Cyrano
03-13-2010, 06:04 AM
And I will only listen to 3/5 of your complaints.

Dude, he's a noob not an 1800's black?

Ektar
03-13-2010, 06:06 AM
way to ruin my joke!

it was all sarcasm. gracious!

Kinamur1999
03-13-2010, 10:00 AM
If you're a first timer and unrest and there's a wolf formed lowbie, you're better off taking an hour off

Its true and its absolutely terrible because there are so few places to experience. It's even worse when you run all the way out there because /who showed 1 group of lvl 16s and you get there theres 2 anon clearing out the entire house.

/petiton
/bitch
/rant
/ks
/train

...nothing worked 8(

Crone
03-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Too few places to level? Really? For mid teens I can think of 5+ spots to level.. Explore a little and you shall prosper.

Virtuosos
03-13-2010, 10:16 AM
did you try....

/q

:D?

Tryfaen
03-13-2010, 12:01 PM
there's a lot of people on this server that run around with a 'fuck you' attitude.

Slake
03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
there's a lot of people on this server that run around with a 'fuck you' attitude.

Too true. And its a shame becuase the Dev's created this so people could experince and enjoy 1999 EQ. Oh well, i am not going to let them ruin my fun. If they need to sit behind their monitors and flex their e-muscles to feel better about themselves, grats!!

Hasbinbad
03-13-2010, 01:19 PM
..i am not going to let them ruin my fun..
That's the spirit!

It wouldn't be EQ if it didn't require you to say stuff like that. Honestly, it wouldn't be EQ without douchebags. Something has been captured here, it's hard to put into words, but you guys are definitely an EQ community. I've been searching for a game forever that emulated the fun I had playing EQ (in game and meta). You guys create my immersion!

Crone
03-13-2010, 01:44 PM
You can immerse me anytime Hasbin...

Scoresby
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I ran into a case of this just a minute ago. Gommer <In Virtue> hah, the irony of that guild tag, hops on the Squire in upper guk after I'd been there for 2 hours. I had a bad pull and died. Being bound right outside in innothule, I immediately mem'd spells, made my way back to the camp (had to kill a lt blue on the way...5 minutes max away from the camp) and find this asshole sitting on the spawn point saying, "You know, I'm camping the squire." After I tell him I'd been there for 2 hours and calling him out on his bullshit claim he'd been there for an entire spawn cycle, he tells me, "You know, I'm level 50.". Really jackass!? So of course, the ph spawns and he rapes it and I walk off and RAAAAAGE here! =). Is it such a sad state of affairs that people can't have a shred of fucking decency though? Seriously.

Stinkie

Finawin
03-13-2010, 05:32 PM
IV spreading the good word of their quality. *laugh*

Cribanox
03-13-2010, 06:14 PM
It wouldn't be classic without this kind of shit going on, I find it funny when people say that the people created this server for us to enjoy the 99 experience and these assholes are ruining it.

Scrooge
03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
There's only one word for this, and it's "Greed."

guineapig
03-13-2010, 06:51 PM
There's only one word for this, and it's "Greed."

Commander Riker put it best:
"Yes, absolutely, I do indeed concur wholeheartedly!"

Ghesta
03-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Please dont take this as a flame because its not. ...... Along comes Iunurface a lvl 50 SK.

If it wasn't a flame you wouldn't have mentioned his name.

Slake
03-14-2010, 07:25 PM
If it was a flame i would have went off on him. It was a post to the lvl 50 farmers who are camping places they should not be at. A lvl 50 in a lvl 25-30 area. Telling us we cant have his one mob. It has happened in more then one location, this was just the last straw.

It just boggles my mind that people feel they need to camp a place for an item that they can sell for 150 plat so they can save up for ???

If you want a FBSS so bad, go to the camp and get it. Why farm shit that other people are trying to get at their level and experience range and then tell them go away i am a level 50...fear me.

Tallenn
03-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Too true. And its a shame becuase the Dev's created this so people could experince and enjoy 1999 EQ. Oh well, i am not going to let them ruin my fun. If they need to sit behind their monitors and flex their e-muscles to feel better about themselves, grats!!

If you want to be brutally honest about it, that WAS very much a part of the original EQ experience... (lots of high-level jerks running around with a "fuck you" attitude, that is)

Gorgetrapper
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
That's what happens atm in Unrest, one druid plvling one character, clearing pretty much the entire zone, can't level there anymore because they don't care that people are actually trying to group there for exp.

yt2005
03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Wait, I thought if your "group" dies, then someone else can take it. Is this incorrect?

Hasbinbad
03-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Wait, I thought if your "group" dies, then someone else can take it. Is this incorrect?
No.