PDA

View Full Version : nobody cares

longfellowdeeds
09-20-2023, 10:32 AM
i've noticed in this world nobody cares, you hold the door for someone in public they don't even say thank you. i push my shopping cart in walmart and someone almost bumps into me around the corner, i'm the one that's quick to say "i'm sorry" when i wasnt even in the wrong, and i dont even get a "oh it's ok, it was my fault" nothing...no response...it's as if if people just think others are there for them, and it's always someone elses fault, no one takes any responsibility/accountability for anything anymore. go through a dunkin drive through, its a miserable woman, i say thank you have a nice day maam, as she hands me the food, she says nothing back, window shuts. it's just absolutely so disrespectful, so disengaged society is. so not willing to smile, or even fake a smile in public. people have 0 shame in their game. its everywhere...there are no thank you's or your welcomes. none. just a bunch of miserable people that expect you to move for them. also when you walk around a store, guys will just walk right into you if YOU dont move out of THEIR way...i'll never understand this mentality of people...its so self centered, the world is mine, idgaf, mentality. its gross, its unattractive and it needs to change immediately.

Origen
09-20-2023, 10:54 AM
You can thank individualism for that.

Toxigen
09-20-2023, 11:09 AM
thats bullshit i hold doors all the time and get a thank you every time

maybe its because you look like a meth'd out scary person

zelld52
09-20-2023, 11:35 AM
I've consistently had experiences with you Longfellowdeeds on both sides of the spectrum.

Sometimes, you're super polite. You're grateful. Dare I even say pleasant.

Other times, you spiral. You get really ugly, and start spewing out antagonistic garbage.

So maybe it's a you problem.

I don't mean that as a put-down, either. Disregard your past and your reputation around EverQuest... Pretend it's a blank slate every time you interact with someone. That interaction can and will shape future interactions with that person. Try being nice ALL the time, not just when someone is being nice to you.

Or don't. Nobody cares.

longfellowdeeds
09-20-2023, 11:38 AM
well said zelld, you're absolutely right. i'm unapologetically me. if i painted a happy picture of myself all the time and presented it to the masses id be lying...real people have 2 sides of the spectrum...some are just more open and honest about it(me and ryan) which makes us authentic.

magnetaress
09-20-2023, 12:44 PM
just because someone doesn't hold the door doesn't mean they care

ppl are just broken they need the 2cnd coming of christ

(or the 1st if you are a jew)

either way it works !

unsunghero
09-20-2023, 12:58 PM
I agree with Tox in that I almost always get a thank you when I hold doors. I often not always get a “have a nice day” from food service workers

That being said…

Manners in general on a society-wide basis have gone to shit in many areas. So many musicians nowadays can’t even have concerts because excitable morons in the crowd are throwing their phones, water bottles, or other various objects at the singer. There have been multiple injuries as a result of this

People seem to freak the fuck out on airplanes much more often nowadays as well. I’m always reading in the news about some brawl or unruly passenger ruining hundred’s of other traveler’s day

Evia
09-20-2023, 01:23 PM
i've noticed in this world nobody cares, you hold the door for someone in public they don't even say thank you. i push my shopping cart in walmart and someone almost bumps into me around the corner, i'm the one that's quick to say "i'm sorry" when i wasnt even in the wrong, and i dont even get a "oh it's ok, it was my fault" nothing...no response...it's as if if people just think others are there for them, and it's always someone elses fault, no one takes any responsibility/accountability for anything anymore. go through a dunkin drive through, its a miserable woman, i say thank you have a nice day maam, as she hands me the food, she says nothing back, window shuts. it's just absolutely so disrespectful, so disengaged society is. so not willing to smile, or even fake a smile in public. people have 0 shame in their game. its everywhere...there are no thank you's or your welcomes. none. just a bunch of miserable people that expect you to move for them. also when you walk around a store, guys will just walk right into you if YOU dont move out of THEIR way...i'll never understand this mentality of people...its so self centered, the world is mine, idgaf, mentality. its gross, its unattractive and it needs to change immediately.

have you ever been to Utah? I highly recommend it. I was born and raised there and if there is one thing i'll say thats positive about the place that i've experienced no place else it's general kindness from strangers.

are they faking it? probably. but it still is nice. when I moved away from UT that was the biggest difference I noticed. ppl in UT at least act like they care about you. they're friendly and smile a lot and I truly think it's the influence of the mormon church.

but yeah I agree with you. every other place ive been (especially washington state. holy shit those ppl are genuinely unhappy i swear. I couldnt even smile and say hi to someone w/o them thinking I was trying to sell them something)

Toxigen
09-20-2023, 01:34 PM
People seem to freak the fuck out on airplanes much more often nowadays as well. I’m always reading in the news about some brawl or unruly passenger ruining hundred’s of other traveler’s day

Ry0ft1-wW5g

wuanahto
09-20-2023, 01:41 PM
fear the day they do care. then you will know the pain of getting a fine for an improperly cut lawn or not adhering to the newest laws on rain gutters or falling into LA-tier fart-rape laws on subways

arvidez
09-20-2023, 01:57 PM
well said zelld, you're absolutely right. i'm unapologetically me. if i painted a happy picture of myself all the time and presented it to the masses id be lying...real people have 2 sides of the spectrum...some are just more open and honest about it(me and ryan) which makes us authentic.

gabor mate said people pleasers get ALS.

longfellowdeeds
09-20-2023, 01:57 PM
no but it's like evia said previously...its bizarre that people go out in public, and just "exist" while shopping, it's like zombies. everywhere i look, everywhere i go. you can see it on their faces...everyone is just so disengaged, so uninterested in being communicative, being nice. being polite....it reminds me of that movie halloweentown when that spell was cast on the townspeople.

arvidez
09-20-2023, 02:08 PM
spell was cast on the townspeople.

i assure you this is happening.

Evia
09-20-2023, 02:10 PM
i kinda dont blame ppl tho. not to say im making an excuse for them, but that i understand it.

we've all kinda been through some wild shit since 2020, no matter who you are. I think it's put people into either a protective isolation state or a combative hostile argumentative one. People are on edge all over the world rn and it shows.

unsunghero
09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
no but it's like evia said previously...its bizarre that people go out in public, and just "exist" while shopping, it's like zombies. everywhere i look, everywhere i go. you can see it on their faces...everyone is just so disengaged, so uninterested in being communicative, being nice. being polite....it reminds me of that movie halloweentown when that spell was cast on the townspeople.

Yea nobody in AZ says hi to each other pretty much nowadays

When I’m jogging couple x/week, I also don’t tend to say hi or wave to anyone walking or cycling by, unless they wave, then I will always wave back. I do make it a point to give every fellow runner I pass a water bottle salute because runners are my people, and they always wave back

When I’m hiking if the trail is busy/crowded, no one says hi or waves. If the trail is remote or the temps are dangerous, then EVERYBODY waves or says hi. I guess they’re thinking this is the only other human they’ve seen for miles, or if it’s really hot they’re thinking wow I’m surprised someone else is out now

At the gym , there used to be this dude who was a chatty Kathy and would come up to literally everyone including me and start conversations with them. So what I noticed is we would all end up greeting and chatting with that guy in future visits, but not with each other

Just some observations

aussenseiter
09-20-2023, 02:19 PM
(especially washington state. holy shit those ppl are genuinely unhappy i swear. I couldnt even smile and say hi to someone w/o them thinking I was trying to sell them something)

Northern Europe is said to be 'unfriendly' in the same way. You know it's a fjord, right?

Evia
09-20-2023, 02:30 PM
Northern Europe is said to be 'unfriendly' in the same way. You know it's a fjord, right?

does the fjord imply being 'unfriendly' i'm not sure i understand what you're saying here.

Evia
09-20-2023, 02:33 PM
and i've been to EU and parts of the northern bit, and I found the people there to be pretty friendly. more so than ppl in WA state thats for sure. France being the exception. I felt genuinely judged and looked down upon in France. idk if it was because i was an american? or bc i was dressed a bit 'punk rock' with my long scene hair and skin tight jeans? but it was uncomfortable.

longfellowdeeds
09-20-2023, 03:12 PM
i play this game like the next guy, the only difference is im a bit more loud/open when im feeling a type of way, i dont internalize it...i dont think should be chastised for that...its a noble quality to stand up for yourself, call something out if its wrong. if someone unleashes a personal attack on me b/c they happen to "know of" the persona i played online i have the right to defend myself. calling bigdumper out in say in the tunnel for wearing cartoon underwear around a group of strange men in RL at "EQ meetups" is not a bannable offense.

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-20-2023, 05:09 PM

Classic example how perspective is everything.

Dude, you're a dwarf. They don't see you. They think all those doors popping open are magic. Not their fault. Just one of those crazy things. This is old dwarf savvy, so I'm starting to doubt you're a dwarf in rl frankly.

I always give a little tug on the pants leg. Hey, it's me. Sadre. I'm down here and I matter.

Origen
09-20-2023, 05:54 PM
and i've been to EU and parts of the northern bit, and I found the people there to be pretty friendly. more so than ppl in WA state thats for sure. France being the exception. I felt genuinely judged and looked down upon in France. idk if it was because i was an american? or bc i was dressed a bit 'punk rock' with my long scene hair and skin tight jeans? but it was uncomfortable.Were you around Paris? Parisians to the French are like New Yorkers to most of us Americans.

Questors
09-20-2023, 06:00 PM
You can thank individualism for that.

There are many reasons for the decline of polite society. Individualism is not one of them.

Origen
09-20-2023, 06:28 PM
There are many reasons for the decline of polite society. Individualism is not one of them.Okay, American individualism. The bad kind.

unsunghero
09-20-2023, 07:16 PM
calling bigdumper out in say in the tunnel for wearing cartoon underwear around a group of strange men in RL at "EQ meetups" is not a bannable offense.

What the hell is cartoon underwear

Evia
09-20-2023, 07:31 PM

trolls and ogres starter clothes maybe?

aussenseiter
09-20-2023, 10:47 PM

Like kids wear and it's very weird for an adult to wear.

I remember having cartoons on my undies as a near-eidetic retard.

Gugg
09-21-2023, 12:08 AM
What do you expect from living in a leaderless world where no matter what you do the end result is still the same, old age and death, so everything you do is a complete waste of time.

Not to mention the fact that those at the top of the pyramid, the so called influencers, are the rudest people on the planet who want everybody outside their circle to be hateful and rude to one another.

I think you're exaggerating slightly though, and you're forgetting there's two sides to life and this is the worst side so the best is yet to come.

Gugg
09-21-2023, 12:14 AM

You want slaves to be happy when serving you.

How about you go work in Dunkin Donuts and smile when I drive through and tell you to feed me...

Gugg
09-21-2023, 12:22 AM
You want people to be happy wiping your arse for you, polishing your shoes, feeding you, doing your laundry for you....even though they don't know you....and they are getting paid breadcrumbs to do it because they have no choice in life....you want them to smile for you.

Technology will come along,it's already out there it's just hidden, which will free the slaves. Then you will have to start doing your own shit pal.

America's elites got the most to lose, it's built on slavery in the form of cheap labor.

Gugg
09-21-2023, 12:41 AM
If you're born into wealth in America, literally everybody around you is your personal slave.

That's why celebs love it so much. But look at how they transition from pretty to wrinkly and then dead.

Why?

Because SLAVERY IS FUCKING EVIL that's why.

Raclen
09-21-2023, 10:17 AM
Bro people work the least amount of hours and have the highest quality of life on average right now than through all of human history. It honestly looks like you yourself have too much time on your hands and should be working harder.

Rager and Quitter
09-25-2023, 12:07 AM
Every time I just kind of autopilot glance through comments on threads, I don't even look at the poster's name, but 100% of the time when it's some off-the-wall batshit lunacy, it's Sadre.

spiritsofrock
09-25-2023, 12:54 AM
The worst part of this thread is that nobody quoted a Bronx tale

Womp womp

Dolalin
09-26-2023, 04:51 AM

I feel like Western society had much more of a community mindset in the recent past. This has gradually evaporated with consumerism and individualism. It surely depends on your local area how bad this has gotten.

It still survives in many places though. I hold the door for someone at my work and they thank me. I do the same at a shop here in the UK and they also say thank you, generally. There's still politeness here. It's less present in big cities vs smaller towns, as anything else is.

I do think though that much of America breeds a kind of individualism that just rots society from the inside out. It sounds like you live in one of those bits. If so, maybe think about leaving.

Jimjam
09-26-2023, 05:31 AM
If you're born into wealth in America, literally everybody around you is your personal slave.

That's why celebs love it so much. But look at how they transition from pretty to wrinkly and then dead.

Why?

Because SLAVERY IS FUCKING EVIL that's why.

hot take: Slavery never really ended, they just outsourced the costs and responsibilities of slave ownership onto the slaves themselves.

Toxigen
09-26-2023, 09:10 AM
ryan and sean shall seize the means of production

WizardEQ
09-29-2023, 06:20 PM

This is a YOU problem. Change your attitude to positive, and I guarantee your entire world with change. Actions are nothing without thoughts. It has been proven that YOUR thoughts create YOUR reality. Read a book on metaphysics and quantum mechanics. I'd suggest "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" to start.

Lune
09-29-2023, 07:22 PM
Bro people work the least amount of hours

False

have the highest quality of life on average

Also false.

Let me explain: your average modern human has a lot of things but lives in a stressful, overpopulated, overoptimized hellscape with very little in the way of the consistent, communal social bonds that characterized all of human history up to that point. Human beings are meant to exist in an ecosystem of extended family clans; aunts, uncles, inlaw, cousins n shit all running around that you interact with day to day. Very few Americans or Europeans have this.

So yea, modern humans have lots of cool things and live 'easy' lives of luxury, but we have to work hard for it. You know what else lives that same type of life? A fucking shitty ass orca at seaworld with a flopped over fin. And juding by the rates of depression, anxiety, suicide, mass shootings, etc, our fins are flopped over too.

Duik
09-30-2023, 05:39 AM
1 question. Is longfellowdeeds that drugfucked halfwit twin?

Toxigen
10-02-2023, 01:28 PM
1 question. Is longfellowdeeds that drugfucked halfwit twin?

yes, the twins that literally called Rogean's employer after getting banned

Topgunben
10-02-2023, 03:40 PM

Consider moving? I noticed that the east coast and larger cities out west were full of a bunch or pretentious A-holes.

To me, there is no substitute for living in a place where the people are just generally good and friendly.

Origen
10-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Well that rules out all the red states

Evia
10-02-2023, 05:47 PM
Well that rules out all the red states

yes. please tell me where there are more friendly people just like you. :rolleyes:

Origen
10-02-2023, 06:24 PM
You're not invited to the commune until you mature past your simple, reactionary politics

Sorry not sorry

unsunghero
10-02-2023, 08:57 PM
yes, the twins that literally called Rogean's employer after getting banned

Damn, was that them?

Duik
10-02-2023, 09:28 PM
Blunder Twins Activate!#!
Form of Fucktard.

Form of RedneckBoganTwat (to keep the US Aussie and British happy)

unsunghero
10-02-2023, 09:58 PM
Calling someone’s employer with the intent to try to get them fired is essentially cancel culture…

…And the twins strike me as people who are very anti-cancel culture. So if they really did that there goes their integrity

aussenseiter
10-03-2023, 12:40 AM
Calling someone’s employer with the intent to try to get them fired is essentially cancel culture…

…And the twins strike me as people who are very anti-cancel culture. So if they really did that there goes their integrity

This has happened twice?

Grocer called rogean last I can recall

Origen
10-03-2023, 12:08 PM
Police are the ultimate cancel culture fans, dumbasses

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-03-2023, 12:46 PM

Man, there used to hookers at the Safeway. People ballin' in front of the ice cream section, mainly David Lee Roth, and I used to just bring a foosball table with me and damn, there would go the afternoon, over by the peas.