PDA

View Full Version : Improper use of BROADCAST messages

Gugg
09-15-2023, 11:47 PM
I always thought it was for vital server messages but I guess not.

I don't care what <Kingdom> is doing and I don't want to send jokes to a GM.

Is there any way to turn off BROADCAST messages?

aussenseiter
09-16-2023, 12:12 AM
See you October 4th (https://nypost.com/2023/08/30/nationwide-all-device-emergency-alert-set-to-scare-us-all-very-soon/)

It is unfortunately not a Tuesday, though it is very close.

magnetaress
09-16-2023, 12:12 AM
No

Gugg
09-16-2023, 12:19 AM
Also, in Classic, GM was invis, and only vis when necessary, not sitting around like a regular player and using broadcast for personal stuff.

Is there any way to hide GM characters so I can delude myself into believing P99 is a professional operation?

PS. Now I'm being told in BROADCAST the loot distribution...what's going on?

magnetaress
09-16-2023, 12:21 AM
The problem Sir Gugg,

Is that you are burdened by expectations. Let go of your burdens and you will find Ascension ✨ much easier!

Gugg
09-16-2023, 12:28 AM
The problem Sir Gugg,

Is that you are burdened by expectations. Let go of your burdens and you will find Ascension ✨ much easier!

I will never settle for 2nd best.
I will never be happy with 2nd best.
I will tolerate it because I have NO CHOICE.

Tolerance is not acceptance.
Tolerance is slavery

magnetaress
09-16-2023, 12:37 AM
Yes butt well the database for takp is available you could literally re-create everquest in second life if you wish to stop tolerating.

magnetaress
09-16-2023, 12:38 AM
Yes butt well the database for takp is available you could literally re-create everquest in second life if you wish to stop tolerating.

(Merely stop tolerating)

Gugg
09-16-2023, 12:41 AM

That's not good advice or a legit solution.

magnetaress
09-16-2023, 12:43 AM
One of the coolest experiences of my life was stumbling into a very serious highly moderated drow RP shard in SL.

magnetaress
09-16-2023, 12:45 AM
One of the coolest experiences of my life was stumbling into a very serious highly moderated drow RP shard in SL.

Like these dudes where very serious. Everything had to be lore appropriate and no gross weirdo shit. Unless it was drow related and lore appropriate.

Gugg
09-16-2023, 02:07 AM
The problem Sir Gugg,

Funny how you want EQ to be difficult but you want me to take the easy route.

Talk about contradicting yourself, just like those politicians.

Trexller
09-16-2023, 02:14 AM
p99 inmates are running the p99 asylum

when is Warden Rogean coming back to work

Gugg
09-16-2023, 02:23 AM
p99 inmates are running the p99 asylum

when is Warden Rogean coming back to work

It sure feels like that. Professionalism has gone out the window.

Trexller
09-16-2023, 02:48 AM
works in this thread too:

<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE> GM EVENT NOW IN PROGRESS - SLAY THE DRAGONS AS THE ORIGINAL GAME INTENDED, NOT THE MANNER IN WHICH WE FUXED IT ALL BY ROOTING DRAGONS

Gugg
09-16-2023, 02:51 AM
Are you getting spammed by people in authority?
Have you been nerfed to hell?
Do you have toothache?
Are you suffering from hunger pains?
Did you lose a loved one?
Are you in a wheel chair pissing yourself while getting slapped around by "care" workers?
Do you have a brain tumour?
Was your child raped and murdered and his death report used for profit by the tabloid mass media?
Are you terminally ill on life support?

Don't worry.

Just follow the beasts's solution below to fix ALL your problems in "life" whatever they may be...

d-diB65scQU

Gugg
09-16-2023, 03:12 AM
Here is the same solution by the same guy just in a different wrapper...

nfWlot6h_JM

mycoolrausch
09-16-2023, 06:17 AM
I think you need to play on an actually typical emu server with dono titles and custom items and other wacky shit to put two extraneous broadcast messages a year into perspective

Ooloo
09-16-2023, 07:07 AM
Honestly I've noticed this more and more the last month or so and I agree it's kind of annoying and spammy. Or going to EC and there are random huge zombies running around, and at first it's like oh cool must be a GM event happening but it's not, they're just bored or something.

But yeah, it's a minor annoyance on a server I otherwise really enjoy. Screw that stupid mooncat server.

magnetaress
09-16-2023, 07:14 AM
Funny how you want EQ to be difficult but you want me to take the easy route.

Talk about contradicting yourself, just like those politicians.

I respect your freedom and that both versions of EQ can exist?

Well. I don't respect your freedom personally so much. Just that I want you to experience it first hand for yourself. On your own server!

skulldudes
09-16-2023, 09:16 AM
y'all will bitch about anything ffs

Wall O Lead
09-16-2023, 09:23 AM
First step to turning off broadcast messaging is to remove the stick from your ass.

this user was banned
09-16-2023, 09:25 AM
Create a new chat window.
Filter only system messages to it.
Move the window off screen or minimize it.
Problem solved.

Gugg
09-16-2023, 12:47 PM
two extraneous broadcast messages a year into perspective
There was like 6 just yesterday; the broadcast channel being used to comminucate with raiding guilds. To anybody that's not part of that raid it's dumb and makes no sense. Those messages are sent to every zone and you can't ignore them.

I don't care what <Kingdom> guild is doing.

You're just making excuses.

Gugg
09-16-2023, 12:49 PM
And...what's with the intentional repsawning of mobs...isn't that a form of duping?

Trexller
09-16-2023, 12:56 PM
And...what's with the intentional repsawning of mobs...isn't that a form of duping?

It's not duping when a staff member does it, just ask sirken.

dude was giving out summoned warder loot, other gear and mob spawn timers to some woman who looked like a whale

CancerMage
09-16-2023, 01:10 PM
i got banned last night cause of my ooc, it wasnt good.

Evia
09-16-2023, 01:11 PM
sometimes it does feel a bit like this project has been abandoned...
or handed off to a team of frat boys
but whatever. its free so i cant complain much

PatChapp
09-16-2023, 01:16 PM
i got banned last night cause of my ooc, it wasnt good.

Yeah agreed, your ooc was terrible.

Trexller
09-16-2023, 01:21 PM
its free so i cant complain much

logic like this is why TV shows sucks so bad these days

Trexller
09-16-2023, 01:22 PM
hopefully the writers guild never goes back to work

ChatGPT can do the job of 10,000 of those overpaid hacks, with 10 competent writers filling in what AI missed.

silver lining: those alphabet people writers are't gonna have enough money to carpet bomb themselves with tattoos and piercings

Toxigen
09-16-2023, 01:42 PM
Its even better when a green title CSR tries to engage in RnF and it completely backfires.

Gugg
09-16-2023, 01:59 PM
its free so i cant complain much

That's what the non-gentiles said in a holocaust once...

"This gas is free so I can't complain!!11".

On a serious note,

The sun is free.
The moon is free.
The stars are free.
The beaches are free.
The oceans are free.
The air you breath is free.

Should we really expect it all to be of a poor standard just because it's 100% free?

I don't see the sun telling me what <kingdom> is doing but it's 100% free.

Side note: Capitalists should pay for the sunsine and the air they breath otherwise they are communists in disguise?

Gugg
09-16-2023, 02:08 PM
Sometimes, when you type /who all dial it comes up with <Dial a Guide>.

:rolleyes:

Arvan
09-16-2023, 02:17 PM
at least its a rant and or flame many who post here cant even figure that part out

Arvan
09-16-2023, 02:22 PM
thus voting 3 star

Trexller
09-16-2023, 02:23 PM
yeah anyone who pipes in with the "Buhhh dur ITS FREE" argument only suggests that they are satisfied by mediocrity

Gugg
09-16-2023, 02:24 PM
yeah anyone who pipes in with the "Buhhh dur ITS FREE" argument only suggests that they are satisfied by mediocrity

Like mediocre sex, cause sex is free.

Gugg
09-16-2023, 02:26 PM
There's GM right now standing in EC tunnel AFK in full view like regular player.

reznor_
09-16-2023, 03:49 PM
OP is a massive pussy

Gugg
09-16-2023, 03:57 PM
OP is a massive pussy
I have no interest in <Good Guys> either.

None whatsoever.

Plankton is more useful than <Good Guys>.

If <Good Guys> vanished from the face of the earth, the earth would be a much, much better place for everybody.

<Good Guys> is the oil spill in your ocean....the fly in your soup....the cancer cell in your brain.

Gugg
09-16-2023, 04:02 PM
If you're looking for <Good Guys> or <Kingdom> just go to Rathe Mountains where you will find them farming Hill Giants at L60.

https://i.ibb.co/YkLhbMK/planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston.gif

Gugg
09-16-2023, 04:09 PM
https://i.ibb.co/DYSpG5g/gayguys.jpg

Ooloo
09-16-2023, 04:26 PM
It's bothering me that your font is bigger than normal can you please post normal sized font only i fear change

Gugg
09-16-2023, 04:33 PM
I respect your freedom and that both versions of EQ can exist?

Well. I don't respect your freedom personally so much. Just that I want you to experience it first hand for yourself. On your own server!

Thankfully, what you want for me is irrelevant to me.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, should be thanking their lucky stars you're not in charge of their happiness because if you were we'd all be sad forever.

You can be in charge of darkness, not LIGHT, but death is a short lived affair so make the most of it while it lasts dear death cultist.

When the Light returns you will all scatter.

Gugg
09-16-2023, 04:37 PM
It's bothering me that your font is bigger than normal can you please post normal sized font only i fear change
Is this better?

Gugg
09-16-2023, 04:44 PM
So I see Dove Cameron is posing nude now.

What is it about these Disney "girls"? They go from one extreme to the other.

It said in an interview that it only played with dolls as a child because it was conditioned to by men. Now it's conditioning young girls to take their clothers off in public.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

https://i.ibb.co/YkLhbMK/planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston.gif

Gugg
09-16-2023, 04:55 PM
<Good Guys> is a boil on the end of your nose.

<Kingdom> is acne.

Evia
09-17-2023, 01:11 AM

no it suggests that I understand the reality of the situation. I know that bitching about it or demanding change isnt going to work. I know that this is not my project and whoever is running it has been pretty MIA lately. I'm just saying that i'm stoked i get to play free semi classic eq regardless.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 10:23 AM
no it suggests that I understand the reality of the situation. I know that bitching about it or demanding change isnt going to work. I know that this is not my project and whoever is running it has been pretty MIA lately. I'm just saying that i'm stoked i get to play free semi classic eq regardless.

The best things in life are free.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 10:32 AM
You poor little snowflake. I'm so sad for you.

I already told you,I'm not interested in opinions of pests so ur opinion of me is worthless to me.

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 10:38 AM
Gugg you should learn to use MSpaint and then email them to a therapist (under ur employ)

Gugg
09-17-2023, 10:49 AM
Gugg you should learn to use MSpaint and then email them to a therapist (under ur employ)

Death cultists always suggest therapy. It's their de facto "solution" to everything...a weak attempt to destroy credibility and trivialise the problem at hand.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:04 AM

Every death cultist is a self-proclaimed agony aunt. They can't wait to tell you what they think you should do....

Classic language from death cultist: "If I were you....I'd seek therapy"

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Christ more so butt i know u wont

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 11:07 AM
I promise u with christ in ur heart and mind u would never be bothered by a GM broadcast again

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Or anything else you could not ever control

I empathize with u about the downfall of p99 tho

it's turning into a zoomer paradise and is no longer EQ classic ! so u got that going for u

QUARM buddy

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:11 AM
Death cultist solutions and explanations...

It's either a zillion years in the future...a zillion years in the past...a zillion light years away in another universe (parallel universe obviously)....or in a therapist's office paying $100 an hour talking to a therapist palm reader.

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 11:25 AM
put on some soothing music, log in and go to your favorite spot and do your best to not read the chat ! hope this helps

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 11:25 AM
if u got a smelly good candle with good scents i love sniffing those to calm down some too

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:27 AM
I promise u with christ in ur heart and mind u would never be bothered by a GM broadcast again

Classic death cultist propaganda...CHRIST.

Christ being something which doesn't speak for itself; others speak for it.

Christ being invisible to the naked eye which only the expert few can see.

If you don't obey this christ you will die so there's a violent threat involved.

This version of christ they peddle sounds a lot like COVID.

A distraction, a false flag, a fake solution to the proiblems.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:29 AM
Death cultists want to think for you.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:34 AM
Game Master: "I'm not gonna take disciplinary action against cheats, I'm turning to christ instead. Everybody should do the same then we won't notice the cheats among us."

:rolleyes:

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:37 AM
Death cultist: "be happy being poor while I try to be rich".

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:40 AM
I promise u with christ in ur heart

They never say how exactly...it's always vague. Where's the step by step guide to putting christ in ur heart and what treasures will i receive?

aussenseiter
09-17-2023, 11:43 AM
Death cultist solutions and explanations...

It's either a zillion years in the future...a zillion years in the past...a zillion light years away in another universe (parallel universe obviously)....or in a therapist's office paying $100 an hour talking to a therapist palm reader.

You should do drugs.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:48 AM
You should do drugs.

I wish I could, but drugs are expensive and "illegal" to death cultists who have deadly weapons.

The best things in life should be free and drugs are one of the best things along with food.

aussenseiter
09-17-2023, 11:54 AM
[SIZE="4"]I wish I could, but drugs are expensive and "illegal" to death cultists who have deadly weapons.

For now. Soon all of Hell will be emptied.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 11:59 AM
For now. Soon all of Hell will be emptied.

Should I start picking out a surfboard?

Gugg
09-17-2023, 12:18 PM
Fun fact:

You're either on the side of death or on the side of life.

If you're on the side of death then death is your reward.

If you're on the side of life then life is your reward.

You can't be on both sides at the same time.

You can pretend to be on the side of life when you're really on the side of death.

The current state is not life, it's death mislabelled as life; death cultists mislable things to trick.

The best is yet to come.

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 03:40 PM
I wish I could, but drugs are expensive and "illegal" to death cultists who have deadly weapons.

The best things in life should be free and drugs are one of the best things along with food.

We've switched over to victim complex here. U def need some self help at least.

Gugg
09-17-2023, 04:47 PM
We've switched over to victim complex here. U def need some self help at least.

I need sex with girls and lots of drugs and an RV. That's my kind of self help. But hell isn't the hedonistic paradise i was told it is, it's rather dull and boring, everything fun is banned. The godless sinners are all in bed by 9PM cause they have to work in a factory the next day for $5 an hour. LOL. Talk about false advertising. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next party to begin, the real party, to get my kicks. Until then I'm farming raw PP solo like a mad man.

magnetaress
09-17-2023, 04:50 PM
I'm in bed by 7pm most nights.

I'll wake up to post at 3am a bit tho

Gugg
09-17-2023, 04:53 PM
In hell there's a church on every street corner so in Heaven there's none, and in hell drugs are banned so in Heaven they aren't. You just got to flip it back the right way around.

aussenseiter
09-17-2023, 05:11 PM
I need sex with girls and lots of drugs and an RV. That's my kind of self help. But hell isn't the hedonistic paradise i was told it is, it's rather dull and boring, everything fun is banned. The godless sinners are all in bed by 9PM cause they have to work in a factory the next day for $5 an hour. LOL. Talk about false advertising. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next party to begin, the real party, to get my kicks. Until then I'm farming raw PP solo like a mad man.

In hell there's a church on every street corner so in Heaven there's none, and in hell drugs are banned so in Heaven they aren't. You just got to flip it back the right way around.

I didn't know moldbugs could get cotard. Neat.

unsunghero
09-17-2023, 11:43 PM
Is this on Green server?

I’m on Green and I can’t recall ever seeing any system messages, are these in different color?

I have noticed a quake before, kinda startles you the first time, like the explosions in lavastorm

But yea, I’d appreciate some system message updates on who has how much DKP in Kingdom. Maybe I can use this to anticipate future sellers to spend my $$, jk pp with

Toxigen
09-18-2023, 10:50 AM
sorry you dont got immersion

hope this helps

magnetaress
09-18-2023, 11:42 AM
There aren't enough GM events for it to be like live 99-01 either.

Wall O Lead
09-18-2023, 02:35 PM
This has halloweentown vibes all over it.