PDA

View Full Version : PRO TIP: IGNORE

Karanis
08-24-2023, 08:23 PM

magnetaress
08-24-2023, 09:22 PM
That is a great list of all time A lister posters thx!

Cumdrinker
08-24-2023, 09:37 PM
How to not see any posts

Arvan
08-24-2023, 09:58 PM
Holy crap good list. Almost all of the most useless posters in one list.

Gugg
08-24-2023, 10:17 PM
Is ignore really a pro tip?

it's hardly groundbreaking advice lol.

Trexller
08-24-2023, 10:18 PM
Is ignore really a pro tip?

it's hardly groundbreaking advice lol.

yeah for real that's how cowards handle their problems

plug their ears and shout lalalalala pretending the problem doesn't exist

unsunghero
08-24-2023, 10:53 PM
I let people walk all over me

Evia
08-24-2023, 10:54 PM
I try hard not to ignore people. The few on my list made the cut because they just spew ms propaganda in every post. Nobody is paying me to read those advertisements so I'm thankful for the function in those times.

loramin
08-24-2023, 11:57 PM
Ji.jam is on your list? He's one of the best posters here.

loramin
08-24-2023, 11:57 PM
*Jimjam

magnetaress
08-25-2023, 12:10 AM
Gustoo too.

It's like the OP just hates halflings and good guys.

magnetaress
08-25-2023, 12:11 AM
Real...Protip tho...

I'm on the OPs multiple times! Just noticed!

aussenseiter
08-25-2023, 12:13 AM
Why is douglas1999 on ignore?

I don't even know who that is! :rolleyes:

long.liam
08-25-2023, 01:51 AM
I love putting people on Ignore. Nothing says, "I think you are piece of trash that is not even worth a single second my time acknowledging better, than putting someone on ignore/block." "Kings do not bother themselves with small pesky ants."

wuanahto
08-25-2023, 03:00 AM
can you make the image bigger? i cant see shit

Trexller
08-25-2023, 03:04 AM
can you make the image bigger? i cant see shit

i'll help out

you're on the list

magnetaress
08-25-2023, 03:13 AM
Why is douglas1999 on ignore?

I don't even know who that is! :rolleyes:

Probably for quoteing someone on ignore

unsunghero
08-25-2023, 03:33 AM
I love putting people on Ignore. Nothing says, "I think you are piece of trash that is not even worth a single second my time acknowledging better, than putting someone on ignore/block." "Kings do not bother themselves with small pesky ants."

I always liked

Jimjam
08-25-2023, 06:23 AM
Real...Protip tho...

I'm on the OPs multiple times! Just noticed!

I think you and Charlie Snorter may be in some kind of competition to win something there :o

Jimjam
08-25-2023, 06:26 AM
Ji.jam is on your list? He's one of the best posters here.

*Jimjam

Flimflam is kinda a flipflop mixed bag tbh. Doesn’t know anything close to what he makes out and mixes a lot of sarcastic suggestions with reasonable ones so you never know whether you’re getting straight advice or not.

Stark is right that Gustoo is a keeper too. Top 10 poster even considering consider red 2 spam

wuanahto
08-25-2023, 07:59 AM
i'll help out

you're on the list

well i hope hes not the ceo of online games or this could be bad

Rager and Quitter
08-25-2023, 08:26 AM
Lol. Nice. I think I've only used the ignore function for people spamming chat. I didn't even know you could ignore people on the forums.

Duik
08-25-2023, 08:58 AM
LMFAO.
User: Cumdrinker 0 posts...

Bardp1999
08-25-2023, 10:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/qacPZ6R.gif

booter
08-25-2023, 11:52 AM
i enjoy the posters here who are offended that somebody would ignore them lmao

lashing out calling them names

pretty silly and quite adolescent behavior

Ooloo
08-25-2023, 03:25 PM
Ignore is for weak babies. I think like over half the forum are total morons but I can still tolerate seeing their words because I'm not a child.

You know who liked the irl ignore button? Hitler; history's ultimate baby. Don't be like hitler.

Rager and Quitter
08-25-2023, 05:20 PM
Ignore is for weak babies. I think like over half the forum are total morons but I can still tolerate seeing their words because I'm not a child.

You know who liked the irl ignore button? Hitler; history's ultimate baby. Don't be like hitler.

The better part is when people announce that they've put you on ignore like anyone ever cares.

booter
08-25-2023, 05:59 PM
based on this thread, the people getting ignored sure DO care lmao :o

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-25-2023, 06:51 PM
It is statistically possible all non-quoting and non-referring posts on this entire site are made by people who have each other on ignore, or, have been put on a hidden ignore by nefarious mods performing experiments on the randomness of crowds.

magnetaress
08-25-2023, 07:19 PM
I expect there's two versions of this site now.

One here.

And the one that the public �� sees.

Lune
08-25-2023, 07:43 PM
These forums are a treasure trove of natural language. It's a valuable fucking thing, those LLM's shouldn't be getting it for nothing

https://i.imgur.com/aiGrN7q.gif

Swish
08-25-2023, 10:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/y7W7Qmr.png

unsunghero
08-25-2023, 10:48 PM
The better part is when people announce that they've put you on ignore like anyone ever cares.

The worst is shadowbanning IMO

When a company like Twitter used to essentially put someone on mute but not even notify them, causing them to waste their time posting to no one pissing into the wind

It’s the ultimate F U. I personally wouldn’t do it as a company to my worst enemy, but I guess when you need to be the hero of your own story and feel like you are triumphing over eeeevil, anything goes

unsunghero
08-25-2023, 11:01 PM
^
Wanted to amend that maybe Twitter (not calling it X they can go F themselves) still does this and even if they do, they should be required to have on their terms of service that no one reads giant red print that says “BTW if we happen to not like what you post based on our biased ideas of what we like on that day, we will do everything in our power to trick you into wasting your time on our site”

Then at least they’re being transparent. And I wonder who could even think of shadowbanning as a concept. Some next-level sociopath is sitting there like “guys, guys, banning is just not enough. We got to steal from them, and if they aren’t paying, we can at least steal their time by making them waste it. Hey what about we accidentally leak their info and doxx? Oh too far? Ok, well let’s put a pin in that idea, maybe for a future meeting”

aussenseiter
08-25-2023, 11:26 PM

When a company like Twitter used to essentially put someone on mute but not even notify them, causing them to waste their time posting to no one pissing into the wind

It’s the ultimate F U. I personally wouldn’t do it as a company to my worst enemy, but I guess when you need to be the hero of your own story and feel like you are triumphing over eeeevil, anything goes

Used to be called hellban and was regarded as very cruel and psychologically damaging.

Rager and Quitter
08-26-2023, 02:37 AM

That's fair. A shady practice no doubt. If you're going to shadow ban, you might as well straight ban, but maybe the shadow ban is temporary and they want the user to continue to engage in the service.

Jimjam
08-26-2023, 04:32 AM
Shadow ban maybe done to prevent ban evading alt accounts?

Maybe let shadow banned folks view only similarly shadowbanned folks’ content? Basically create an RNF version of the service populated by only trolls/offenders/etc.

magnetaress
08-26-2023, 09:56 AM
the trick is to shadowban a bunch of ppl together into an echo chamber that reinforces their psychoseses

Jimjam
08-26-2023, 10:53 AM
the trick is to shadowban a bunch of ppl together into an echo chamber that reinforces their psychoseses

This is basically person centred counselling. It's affirmative, validating, minimises challenge to a person's view and encourages them to find solutions to their own issues .

Kirdan
08-26-2023, 11:28 AM
Apparently someone has me on ignore, weird.

magnetaress
08-26-2023, 11:48 AM
This is basically person centred counselling. It's affirmative, validating, minimises challenge to a person's view and encourages them to find solutions to their own issues .

there's a few issues i wont get into where this could be demonstrably bad (harm/self harm/addiction). That is how u get downtown detroit and LA

sad ppl need room to fail and fail miserably in an environment away from happy ppl (prison is great for this) so is concentration camps that are slightly less mountains of bodies than the 1938 ones and more like the Uighur ones.

Anyways....

I would like to be affirmed too v much but then u would have a military 10 commandments dictatorship and money would be illegal :p

Jimjam
08-26-2023, 12:54 PM
Ngl i was critiquing carl rodgers, not you!

unsunghero
08-26-2023, 01:07 PM

Ya, the “no judgement” part has definitely been hard over the years considering some of the stuff I heard. But I always tell myself it’s not the place for a counselor to judge, leave that to the priests or their family or the law or whatever

But we did have a client try to fight a (terrible, long since fired) co-worker when he repeated back the client’s reported charge of “child abuse” with a very judgmental tone. Not a good idea to do to someone who had been in prison longer than out of it

Also if a counselor proposes solutions then it’s just the counselor solving problems and it’s disempowering. Also reinforces the person to just ask counselors for a solution for every problem they encounter, a bad idea

unsunghero
08-26-2023, 01:18 PM
there's a few issues i wont get into where this could be demonstrably bad (harm/self harm/addiction). That is how u get downtown detroit and LA

sad ppl need room to fail and fail miserably in an environment away from happy ppl (prison is great for this) so is concentration camps that are slightly less mountains of bodies than the 1938 ones and more like the Uighur ones.

Anyways....

I would like to be affirmed too v much but then u would have a military 10 commandments dictatorship and money would be illegal :p

To my knowledge therapists won’t validate things hard drug use or crime though

They won’t judge it and be like “you shouldn’t do that”, but they also won’t say something validating like “wow you are such a good thief”

Normally the ones I see who have that dropped on them just give a neutral response of like “oh, ok”

wuanahto
08-26-2023, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=unsunghero;3639375]The worst is shadowbanning IMO

When a company like Twitter used to essentially put someone on mute but not even notify them, causing them to waste their time posting to no one pissing into the wind/QUOTE]

Thats the fucking point. Shadowbanning is based as fuck and akin to firing people on a friday so they have the weekend to cooldown and not come back to shoot up the place.

unsunghero
08-26-2023, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=unsunghero;3639375]The worst is shadowbanning IMO

When a company like Twitter used to essentially put someone on mute but not even notify them, causing them to waste their time posting to no one pissing into the wind/QUOTE]

Thats the fucking point. Shadowbanning is based as fuck and akin to firing people on a friday so they have the weekend to cooldown and not come back to shoot up the place.

To me shadowbanning is more like what happened to Milton in Office Space where they fire him but never tell him, causing him to continue to come in working for free TBH

Ooloo
08-26-2023, 04:30 PM
Shadowbanning is the moral equivalent of a sucker punch- only cowards do it, often consciously, because they're worried they can't win on merit

It's different than outright banning because there's an extra weasle factor involved

long.liam
08-26-2023, 09:45 PM
Shadowbanning is the moral equivalent of a sucker punch- only cowards do it, often consciously, because they're worried they can't win on merit

It's different than outright banning because there's an extra weasle factor involved

Twitter is privately owned platform and so is this Server. There is no morality involved in banning. Nilbog and Rogean could "Shadowban" the whole server and their would be nothing unethical about it. They own it, they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

unsunghero
08-26-2023, 09:51 PM
Twitter is privately owned platform and so is this Server. There is no morality involved in banning. Nilbog and Rogean could "Shadowban" the whole server and their would be nothing unethical about it. They own it, they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

Agree, as long as it’s mentioned somewhere that it is something they do

I hadn’t checked, but pretty sure Twitter did not have shadowbanning mentioned in their TOS

If they had, some nerd who actually reads those kinds of things would have discovered it and started asking questions like “how often is this happening, how long does it last?”

Instead people had to find out by trial and error after wasting various amounts of their time. The older I get the more I realize that stealing someone’s time by tricking them is something precious to lose

long.liam
08-26-2023, 09:58 PM
Agree, as long as it’s mentioned somewhere that it is something they do

I hadn’t checked, but pretty sure Twitter did not have shadowbanning mentioned in their TOS

If they had, some nerd who actually reads those kinds of things would have discovered it and started asking questions like “how often is this happening, how long does it last?”

Instead people had to find out by trial and error after wasting various amounts of their time. The older I get the more I realize that stealing someone’s time by tricking them is something precious to lose

I don't know. I tend take the view that no one owes me anything and I owe nothing to anyone. I have a very anti-entitlement view of the world. If I do good things for anyone, it's because I want to do it. Not because of some stupid sense of duty or something. Twitter, P1999, even Live EQ owes you nothing. Not even explanation for why you were banned. If I want something from someone, I think I need to earn it. Either through hard work or by showing deference towards the people have the stuff I want/

wuanahto
08-26-2023, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=wuanahto;3639525]

To me shadowbanning is more like what happened to Milton in Office Space where they fire him but never tell him, causing him to continue to come in working for free TBH

Milton not understanding =/= some sperg logging on their neighbors wifi to continue being mad. I mean really, how much work did he get to do in the basement?

unsunghero
08-26-2023, 11:29 PM
I don't know. I tend take the view that no one owes me anything and I owe nothing to anyone. I have a very anti-entitlement view of the world. If I do good things for anyone, it's because I want to do it. Not because of some stupid sense of duty or something. Twitter, P1999, even Live EQ owes you nothing. Not even explanation for why you were banned. If I want something from someone, I think I need to earn it. Either through hard work or by showing deference towards the people have the stuff I want/

I agree with all that

But there’s a difference between no explanation and no notification. No explanation, at least you know you’re banned, you wouldn’t continue posting because it wouldn’t be possible and/or you would not want to be completely wasting your time

And even no notification is cool, as long as it is listed as a function of the service. Because if not, if the service could simply do whatever it wanted on a whim, then it could also post your personal info and doxx too. Or anything worse than that it could think up

And even that would be cool, as long as people know what they are getting themselves into. If a person using the service had the info beforehand that the service might just doxx or shadowban them, many more would choose not to ever use it in the first place

A customer not being told the details of the service they are using is being defrauded, essentially. A recent example would that Bankman guy not notifying customers that their crypto platform was investing their money in other things and losing it. There was no notification that the service would do that, and if there were, many people wouldn’t have used that service

That’s the jist of what I mean, put into too many words lol

aussenseiter
08-26-2023, 11:35 PM

There's nothing immoral or unethical about psychological abuse. :rolleyes:

aussenseiter
08-26-2023, 11:37 PM
Similarly, I can invite some friends over to my house and torment them for fun and it's all completely well and good and they can't get mad.

God forbid they overreact and make a scene.

long.liam
08-26-2023, 11:38 PM
I agree with all that

But there’s a difference between no explanation and no notification. No explanation, at least you know you’re banned, you wouldn’t continue posting because it wouldn’t be possible and/or you would not want to be completely wasting your time

And even no notification is cool, as long as it is listed as a function of the service. Because if not, if the service could simply do whatever it wanted on a whim, then it could also post your personal info and doxx too. Or anything worse than that it could think up

And even that would be cool, as long as people know what they are getting themselves into. If a person using the service had the info beforehand that the service might just doxx or shadowban them, many more would choose not to ever use it in the first place

A customer not being told the details of the service they are using is being defrauded, essentially. A recent example would that Bankman guy not notifying customers that their crypto platform was investing their money in other things and losing it. There was no notification that the service would do that, and if there were, many people wouldn’t have used that service

That’s the jist of what I mean, put into too many words lol

If there is money Involved then yes I agree with you. Offering a service at a price and then giving customers a product that is inferior to what is advertised is not just immoral it's illegal. That is considered a crime. However, if you're not actually paying for anything, then defraudment has not actually occured.

aussenseiter
08-26-2023, 11:44 PM
Twitter is privately owned platform.

Since when? And when were the shadowbans?

long.liam
08-26-2023, 11:46 PM
There's nothing immoral or unethical about psychological abuse. :rolleyes:

Mature Adults should be able to handle their own personal issues. If don't have enough maturity to handle the possibility of getting banned, rejected, or whatever, then you shouldn't be here. Equating being banned or even "Shadowbanned" to "Psychological Torture", is one of the most Entitled, whiny, emotionally weak things I've heard.

unsunghero
08-26-2023, 11:48 PM
If there is money Involved then yes I agree with you. Offering a service at a price and then giving customers a product that is inferior to what is advertised is not just immoral it's illegal. That is considered a crime. However, if you're not actually paying for anything, then defraudment has not actually occured.

Ya, it’s free so def not as bad as losing money. But being defrauded (by not being informed they could be banned without notification with the service, causing them to waste their time continuing to post) out of one’s time I feel matters to me more the older I get

But either way, I never used Twatter and I never will anyway ;)

aussenseiter
Mature Adults should be able to handle their own personal issues. If don't have enough maturity to handle the possibility of getting banned, rejected, or whatever, then you shouldn't be here. Equating being banned or even "Shadowbanned" to "Psychological Torture", is one of the most Entitled, whiny, emotionally weak things I've heard.

It's a new word for hellbanning which pretty much everyone decided was fucked up 15-20 years ago.

Don't let the Zoomers get you, man.

long.liam

Since it's creation. The US government does not own twitter. It has been owned 4 different for Profit Corporations since it was created.

long.liam
08-26-2023, 11:49 PM
It's a new word for hellbanning which pretty much everyone decided was fucked up 15-20 years ago.

Don't let the Zoomers get you, man.

I know Idea what the hell you are even talking about.

aussenseiter
08-26-2023, 11:51 PM
Since it's creation. The US government does not own twitter. It has been owned 4 different for Profit Corporations since it was created.

Did the shadowbans increase or decrease since it went off the public stock market?

Curious!

aussenseiter
08-26-2023, 11:52 PM
I know Idea what the hell you are even talking about.

Agreed.

unsunghero
08-26-2023, 11:53 PM

Was happening pre-Musk taking over

People had passed it along through word of mouth trial and error after it happened to them, then I believe Musk outted them when he found it in the algorithms or somethin

Oh shit, he still kept it in though…hmm. I wouldn’t have, but whatever

aussenseiter
08-26-2023, 11:54 PM
Ya, it’s free so def not as bad as losing money. But being defrauded (by not being informed they could be banned without notification with the service, causing them to waste their time continuing to post) out of one’s time I feel matters to me more the older I get

But either way, I never used Twatter and I never will anyway ;)

They do make money off their users. Not much each, but at scale.

magnetaress
08-27-2023, 01:39 AM
one way to shadowban everyone around u is to just not pay much attention to what they say so if they write a really big long tldr post u only read like the headline and 3 words then write ur own super tldr long poast about whatever u want anyway

Ooloo
08-27-2023, 10:42 AM

Eh I dunno, privately owned entities do immoral things all the time. If shadowbanning is unethical in any context, I'm not sure why it magically changes. It's either unethical or it isn't.

That being said I think this forum does a relatively good job of only banning really terribly egregious things/posters, or speech that would be illegal irl.

Twitter is kind of a different story due to the whole "defacto public square" thing. If your platform has become a place where a large majority of people get their information, particularly on people running for public office, I think you have much more of an ethical duty to uphold legal free speech than a forum like this does.

Bboboo
08-31-2023, 10:05 AM
+swisher

Topgunben
09-02-2023, 01:56 PM

I'll wear this as a badge of honor.

Topgunben
09-02-2023, 01:57 PM
The fact that Horza didnt make the list speaks a lot about OP.

silo32
09-08-2023, 12:00 PM
Pretty good list op