PDA

View Full Version : You might be a Redneck if

wuanahto
08-06-2023, 03:13 AM
Vendor prices are a better alternative to EC.

Merge green and blue.

2 or 3 pages of alts

few lines of code

drag and drop into /data folder

make it happen

Lune
08-06-2023, 12:02 PM
I don't know if they ever figured out what to do about duplicate names

Smoofers
08-06-2023, 01:36 PM
Vendor prices are a better alternative to EC.

Merge green and blue.

2 or 3 pages of alts

few lines of code

drag and drop into /data folder

make it happen

Reads like someone who got banned for 2 boxing

wuanahto
08-06-2023, 02:42 PM
Reads like someone who got banned for 2 boxing

how do you stream snipe yourself?

Evia
08-06-2023, 02:58 PM
It's always pretty rad finding something good on a vendor @ a good price. Doesn't happen often. Its one of the things about classic EQ I find enjoyable. Nothing wrong with spotting a deal on a vendor! One man's trash is another man's treasure they say!

cd288
08-07-2023, 09:52 AM

Said they'd add an X to the end of the name like they did on live

aussenseiter
08-08-2023, 01:49 AM
Said they'd add an X to the end of the name like they did on live

How many <Name>x of green players do you think have been reserved on blue just to cause problems?

cd288
08-08-2023, 12:46 PM
How many <Name>x of green players do you think have been reserved on blue just to cause problems?

Probably not many considering I think the staff would be extremely annoyed if they went to merge and found out people were doing that. The account would probably get banned and I'm assuming they might even ban any accounts that had ever logged in from that IP and/or Computer ID because it would be such a blatant attempt to mess with the staff and troll them. They generally do not take kindly to that (as they shouldn't).

Trexller
08-08-2023, 04:03 PM

if you had aussenseiterX on green and aussenseiterX on blue wouldn't the name after merge just be aussenseiterXX?

Origen
08-08-2023, 04:08 PM
If you know what meth smells like, you might be a redneck. I can pass as a redneck, but I also drive a Nissan Rogue so I also might be a soccer mom.

Arvan
08-08-2023, 04:11 PM

trivially easy, that won't be a problem

aussenseiter
08-08-2023, 04:49 PM
if you had aussenseiterX on green and aussenseiterX on blue wouldn't the name after merge just be aussenseiterXX?

If I had aussensteir on green and aussenseiterX on blue is the situation.

Trexller
08-08-2023, 04:51 PM
If I had aussensteir on green and aussenseiterX on blue is the situation.

unless im wildly misunderstanding the renaming convention at merger...

then after merge, you'd have aussenseiter, aussenseiterX and aussenseiterXX all on one server

aussenseiter
08-08-2023, 04:53 PM
Eh I can't even spell my own name right so forget it. :o

Trexller
08-08-2023, 04:54 PM
oh I guess there could be a few folks out there with toons' names that are at the limit of the name characters

its a max of 16 letters in a name right? so you couldn't add an X there, but these are gonna be so few that they can live with a new randomly generated name on one of those toons.

Trexller
08-08-2023, 04:59 PM
or if your name is 16 letters already, it could just truncate and replace the last letter with X

yay no-edit RnF forums!