PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Cyclops (SRo)

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 09:16 AM
Looks like Kingdom has this thing locked down to a :"T"

Be me, go to Sro to try and camp AC
Nobody here
8pm
4 kingdom members enter the zone
They sit right on top of AC spawn
Kill AC
Make 5k

How is this shit even fair at this point?

Toxigen
07-28-2023, 09:31 AM
git gud chan

Veccini
07-28-2023, 10:34 AM
Find one of the other possible spawn points and camp on it.

Bardp1999
07-28-2023, 11:26 AM
This is one of the worst Rants/Flames ive ever seen, go fuck yourself with a stick OP

Smoofers
07-28-2023, 11:37 AM
Player wants something that other players want, throw a tantrum. Film at 11.

unsunghero
07-28-2023, 12:35 PM
I think people set a timer when names mobs die. I don’t raid but back in the day I heard calls of a named dying and then some sort of “set timer” command in guildchat. Might be something on discord, but I dunno, I don’t check discord

Of course the fact someone can always be able to get back online at whatever time is a reflection of probably poor (or hey maybe very good, like complete financial freedom) life choices

Ooloo
07-28-2023, 12:36 PM
Sro ac has several spawn points, they're random. Bring some friends if you have any

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 01:14 PM
This is one of the worst Rants/Flames ive ever seen, go fuck yourself with a stick OP

So just let kingdom fuck you up the ass. I guess you like it or are a part of the fagdom

strongNpretty
07-28-2023, 01:15 PM
So just let kingdom fuck you up the ass. I guess you like it or are a part of the fagdom

Well i did kinda support your post, until you just sounded like a total asshole just now.....

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 01:16 PM
I think people set a timer when names mobs die. I don’t raid but back in the day I heard calls of a named dying and then some sort of “set timer” command in guildchat. Might be something on discord, but I dunno, I don’t check discord

Of course the fact someone can always be able to get back online at whatever time is a reflection of probably poor (or hey maybe very good, like complete financial freedom) life choices

It amazes me that these guilds are still doing this for the AC nonetheless on a PvE server. Most likely RMT'ing on the side since they probably do not have jobs

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Well i did kinda support your post, until you just sounded like a total asshole just now.....

Oh so it is fine for the guy to tell me to fuck myself and I should just not say anything?

strongNpretty
07-28-2023, 01:22 PM
Oh so it is fine for the guy to tell me to fuck myself and I should just not say anything?

No, absolutely you should.. Just do it in a classier way, i still support your post though :) I'm not big on the same people camping the same shit day in and day out either. I wish we could all complete the quests we want to complete and enjoy those quest lines without having to always save up plat to buy the MQ or set fuckin timers...

Toxigen
07-28-2023, 01:23 PM

reeeeeeeee

skulldudes
07-28-2023, 01:47 PM
does that one dude still live in SRo like 24/7 these days? can't remember his name, think it started with a "d". i'd see bro in-zone every single time i ran thru for CR after dying like an idiot to oggie and trollboy guards at all hours

strongNpretty
07-28-2023, 02:26 PM
Druins? I'm gonna assume yes

Toxigen
07-28-2023, 02:35 PM
Its rumored Druins hasn't left SRo for a decade.

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 03:02 PM
Instead of whining about it like a crybaby bitch maybe learn to zone a few times and camp the fucking thing in the ocean of tears.

Really hard to do much when you are there at the exact time and 4 level 60s with tracking all port in and scatter the zone. What is the point of doing that unless you are RMT'ing? I mean, you are level 60 with epics and god knows what else...why not sell a jboots MQ for $50?

Smoofers
07-28-2023, 03:04 PM
Looks like we got ourselves a good old fashioned backfire thread, boys.

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 03:04 PM
No, absolutely you should.. Just do it in a classier way, i still support your post though :) I'm not big on the same people camping the same shit day in and day out either. I wish we could all complete the quests we want to complete and enjoy those quest lines without having to always save up plat to buy the MQ or set fuckin timers...

Well maybe the PNP should include shit like this and cornering markets like Lev cloaks and AC rings. Guy in EC selling loot rights to lev cloaks he does not even have either.

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 03:05 PM
Looks like we got ourselves a good old fashioned backfire thread, boys.

Looks like we have someone who sucks kingdom cock.

Toxigen
07-28-2023, 03:14 PM

https://i.imgur.com/UVZRY1z.jpg

loramin
07-28-2023, 03:18 PM
Really hard to do much when you are there at the exact time and 4 level 60s with tracking all port in and scatter the zone. What is the point of doing that unless you are RMT'ing? I mean, you are level 60 with epics and god knows what else...why not sell a jboots MQ for $50?

I'm pretty sure this whole thing is just a bad troll, but on the off chance you're serious ... you do realize Kingdom kills the top content on the server, right? If someone was going to RMT, don't you think it'd be with an item in the hundreds of thousands of plat?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_the_Ancients is a 5k item. That's one thirty-fourth the value of a https://wiki.project1999.com/Zlandicar%27s_Heart (which recently went for less than one thousand DKP in Kingdom).

If someone was really trying to pay the bills by playing EQ, why would they waste their time farming (and then having to sell) 34 individual AC rings, when they could farm dkp for a single item in less time?

unsunghero
07-28-2023, 04:19 PM

$50 for 5k? Oof

I would hope $50 would get you more than that. But I dunno, apparently people organizing GDKP raids then selling the gold to websites to flip and re-sell were making upwards of $2k in single day during classic WoW’s height

strongNpretty
07-28-2023, 05:01 PM
Well maybe the PNP should include shit like this and cornering markets like Lev cloaks and AC rings. Guy in EC selling loot rights to lev cloaks he does not even have either.

P99 is not a game of skill. It's a game of time. Whoever has more time and flexibility will accomplish more.

Smoofers
07-28-2023, 05:40 PM

Upgraded to "pending meltdown" thread.

BigPlays
07-28-2023, 07:34 PM
Upgraded to "pending meltdown" thread.

Upgraded to sucking kingdom cock and taking kingdom cock up the ass.

kaev
07-28-2023, 09:01 PM
This thread is a weak, bloodless shadow of the inglorious RnF threads of yore.

I had hoped reading some RnF would stir in me some echo of the interest I used to have in playing here. Alas, it is not to be so. Unfortunately, I am a piss-poor shitposter myself or I might try to stir up some fun for the rest of you. Instead all I have to offer is this tepid complaint.

Trexller
07-28-2023, 09:28 PM
If this is what green players wanna rant and flame about

then maybe green is actually going pretty well

unsunghero
07-29-2023, 12:57 AM
I’d like 5k plat on Green and to have charm stop breaking early (we all know that spell is not supposed to break), and to be able to zone with my charmed pet

Yea thanks

Duik
07-29-2023, 05:56 AM
Getting AC ring mob mez/memblur from under you is classic. Annoying, but cunts are gonna cunt.
Enchanter vs Druid. Druid lose.
I was druid...
Dumbarse me didnt even know what chanters memblur could do. I fte. Root and dotted it up, sat down and laughed at stoopid chanter. Did ALL the work.
At <10% mob health Chanter stands. Memblur + DD. Job done.
He yells thanks dipshit. Haha best burn ever.
I assume its even worse now.

Ooloo
07-29-2023, 06:45 PM
Here's my wild conspiracy theory: they probably just needed jboots on a new bot or something, and it's easier to just pop into sro at 9am once per game day and then be free to do other shit than to sit in oot waiting in line for however many hours to get a ring.

Ooloo
07-29-2023, 06:46 PM
Doing it their way in sro total time investment is going to be like... maybe five minutes? Including all the cumulative failed attempts when he doesn't spawn. Total time investment for oot is basically guaranteed to be several hours even if there's nobody else in line

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-29-2023, 07:18 PM

Nobody here
8pm
Kill AC
Make 5k

Wait, 8pm prime time? /facepalm
https://i.imgur.com/lu3U9Zy.jpg

BigPlays
07-29-2023, 08:10 PM
Doing it their way in sro total time investment is going to be like... maybe five minutes? Including all the cumulative failed attempts when he doesn't spawn. Total time investment for oot is basically guaranteed to be several hours even if there's nobody else in line

Well that is the point. I was at OOT and logged around mignight. Woke up 9am the same dude was still there. Stayed another 4 hours and still nothing. So I decided to try Sro not knowing Cuckdom would be there 4 deep with lv 60's. Considering they all had epics and other end game gear, I highly doubt the 5k is helping them much then I am sure that guild has millions banked. Gotta assume they are just RMTing stuff and year people will pay for a 5k item for sure. I mean FFS people paid $250 for some shit blue weapon in Diablo 3 when it came out. I know because I sold a few on the RMAH.

BigPlays
07-29-2023, 08:11 PM
Wait, 8pm prime time? /facepalm
https://i.imgur.com/lu3U9Zy.jpg

8pm in game time.

Knuckle
07-30-2023, 12:40 AM

Nobody here
8pm
Kill AC
Make 5k

It's an FTE mob right? multiple spawn points in sro. everyone has a shot at it... id recommend going to OOT if you are slow on the draw.

cadoipi
07-30-2023, 12:07 PM
P99 is not a game of skill. It's a game of time. Whoever has more time and flexibility will accomplish more.

Poopsocking is a skill.

BigPlays
07-30-2023, 06:49 PM
It's an FTE mob right? multiple spawn points in sro. everyone has a shot at it... id recommend going to OOT if you are slow on the draw.

I am not sure about that. When it spawned the one guy was standing right on top of it so I am not 100% sure it is random. I’ll just go to oot again but that fucker is rare as hell

Endorra
07-30-2023, 09:26 PM
I'd just like to weigh in that OP keeps using terms like "fag" and "sucking dick" and "taking it up the ass" like those are all bad things. But there is nothing at all wrong with being gay or giving head or bottoming. I hope Kingdom is inclusive of the LGBT community and I hope all 4 of the people who trounced OP in South Ro are gay IRL. That would make me smile.

long.liam
07-30-2023, 09:36 PM
I'd just like to weigh in that OP keeps using terms like "fag" and "sucking dick" and "taking it up the ass" like those are all bad things. But there is nothing at all wrong with being gay or giving head or bottoming. I hope Kingdom is inclusive of the LGBT community and I hope all 4 of the people who trounced OP in South Ro are gay IRL. That would make me smile.

He is probably just a troll.

Toxigen
07-30-2023, 10:30 PM

the butt is where poop comes from

hope this helps

magnetaress
07-30-2023, 10:41 PM
It's not. I quit p99 because red was the only server AC was ever allowed to live a minute on.

Trexller
07-30-2023, 11:55 PM
I'd just like to weigh in that OP keeps using terms like "fag" and "sucking dick" and "taking it up the ass" like those are all bad things.

Yeah, they are all bad things. Identities and labels to be avoided in a socially functional society.

But there is nothing at all wrong with being gay or giving head or bottoming.

There's alot wrong with these things. Starting at the top of a long list, It's disgusting.

You people didn't win any wars, you don't get to re-write history.

Wanna write the textbooks? kill a few million people. Until then, you don't get a seat at the table.

You folks make a lot of noise and catch alot of press because you installed allies in a few key positions in tech, media and government.

Any "wins" you have chalked up are fleeting, trendy, cause-of-the-day type of successes.

The battle for the soul of America has only just begun, and it only seems like you have the high ground because you're standing on a giant inflatable rainbow.

Poke a hole, turn off the compressor or face a strong wind and you all suffocate under the fabric of your own creations.

~Please~ Keep trying to convert the kids, lol god I hope the libby groomers never back down from that.

Never interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake -Napoleon Bonaparte

loramin
07-30-2023, 11:58 PM
Yeah, they are all bad things. Identities and labels to be avoided in a socially functional society.

There's alot wrong with these things. Starting at the top of a long list, It's disgusting.

Wanna write the textbooks? kill a few million people. Until then, you don't get a seat at the table.

You folks make a lot of noise and catch alot of press because you installed allies in a few key positions in tech, media and government.

Any "wins" you have chalked up are fleeting, trendy, cause-of-the-day type of successes.

The battle for the soul of America has only just begun, and it only seems like you have the high ground because you're standing on a giant inflatable rainbow.

Poke a hole, turn off the compressor or face a strong wind and you all suffocate under the fabric of your own creations.

~Please~ Keep trying to convert the kids, lol god I hope the libby groomers never back down from that.

This is totally the sort of thing sane/rational people post in public forums about a classic computer game. :rolleyes:

Trexller
07-31-2023, 12:02 AM
This is totally the sort of thing sane/rational people post in public forums about a classic computer game. :rolleyes:

Hey I didn't make the history, I just observe it.

sorry I know the realities of human history are difficult to digest for alot of people

but that's true for most of reality altogether.

Social status quos never really change without mass bloodshed.

smartphones aren't going to change this.

Lune
07-31-2023, 12:10 AM

The battle for the soul of America was fought and won in 1865, sit the fuck down

Trexller
07-31-2023, 12:17 AM
The battle for the soul of America was fought and won in 1865, sit the fuck down

Democrats started that war in 1861, republicans ended it in 1865.

Democrats are trying again in the modern day, we'll see how that ends.

too many people have a problem seeing beyond the day in which they live.

like you see a pride flag on some business's website and think it's a victory, when that company just wants investments and is more likely to receive them if they meet certain criteria.

Arvan
07-31-2023, 01:52 AM
40 year old cyclops

Jimjam
07-31-2023, 03:15 AM
It's not. I quit p99 because red was the only server AC was ever allowed to live a minute on.

Yea! Can just stroll into him on corpse runs. Red is freedom!

Pootle
07-31-2023, 04:37 AM
Sheesh, the OP is the same guy complaining Quillmane is too hard and should be made easier and some other post wanting changes to make the game easier (like Hell Levels removed).

I know its a just a meme now, but I really think he needs to try 'Hello Kitty Online' instead.

strongNpretty
07-31-2023, 10:06 AM
Poopsocking is a skill.

Pissing in the water bottle i keep in my car for emergency, is a skill.. Pooping in a stretchy sock that expands beyond the size of your asshole, is hardly a skill..

Ooloo
07-31-2023, 01:32 PM
I am not sure about that. When it spawned the one guy was standing right on top of it so I am not 100% sure it is random. I’ll just go to oot again but that fucker is rare as hell

It's "random" in the sense that there are multiple spawn points, and which one of them he spawns at is chosen at random. But no he doesn't spawn at a random /loc. He only spawns in the desert area of the zone, and I know of at least five different spawn locations having camped him a bunch.

Both times I got him it was because nobody else showed up at 9pm. Just keep trying you'll get it eventually

BigPlays
07-31-2023, 06:32 PM
It's "random" in the sense that there are multiple spawn points, and which one of them he spawns at is chosen at random. But no he doesn't spawn at a random /loc. He only spawns in the desert area of the zone, and I know of at least five different spawn locations having camped him a bunch.

Both times I got him it was because nobody else showed up at 9pm. Just keep trying you'll get it eventually

Thanks mate. Will give it another go

cd288
08-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Well that is the point. I was at OOT and logged around mignight. Woke up 9am the same dude was still there. Stayed another 4 hours and still nothing. So I decided to try Sro not knowing Cuckdom would be there 4 deep with lv 60's. Considering they all had epics and other end game gear, I highly doubt the 5k is helping them much then I am sure that guild has millions banked. Gotta assume they are just RMTing stuff and year people will pay for a 5k item for sure. I mean FFS people paid $250 for some shit blue weapon in Diablo 3 when it came out. I know because I sold a few on the RMAH.

First off, J Boots are so incredibly easy to get on P99 that there would be zero RMT market from them. MQs cost like 4.5-5k platinum. You could farm that in like one long session killing HK guards for example...it's such a low amount of plat. Or just wait in line in OOT. This is not an RMT situation, stop slinging slanderous lies at other players and guilds just because you're a whiney player who doesn't like that he can't have what he wants whenever he wants it (your complaints about Quillmane and other drops on these forums are proof of this as well).

You also seem to have no idea how guild banks work. Someone in a guild who is farming J Boots isn't doing it (usually) to sell an MQ to put money in the guild bank, nor are they able to use the guild bank's money to buy their own stuff (except for reimbursements for raiding, e.g., things like regents, recharges (for certain things), etc.). These are likely people to which 5k is a meaningful amount of platinum.

You're just whining as you typically do. You don't want to wait in line at OOT because you're impatient and want everything whenever you want it. So you go to S Ro and then whine about the fact that you can't get your own rights to a free for all target and you call it unfair (which is ironic because the S Ro AC is actually totally fair - it has multiple possible spawn points and anyone with the ability to track has a shot at it if it doesn't spawn on a point that's camped). You also seem too lazy to just quickly farm up 4.5-5kpp. So literally it seems there's no solution that would satisfy you other than "give him whatever he wants the second he wants it, without any competition or anything from other players"

Sounds like classic, non-instanced EQ isn't the game for you buddy. Maybe you'd do better on live.

Jimjam
08-01-2023, 12:58 PM
There is another solution…

On red some stranger just MQed my war jboots for free. No strings attached.

Tldr try red?

BigPlays
08-01-2023, 01:20 PM
First off, J Boots are so incredibly easy to get on P99 that there would be zero RMT market from them. MQs cost like 4.5-5k platinum. You could farm that in like one long session killing HK guards for example...it's such a low amount of plat. Or just wait in line in OOT. This is not an RMT situation, stop slinging slanderous lies at other players and guilds just because you're a whiney player who doesn't like that he can't have what he wants whenever he wants it (your complaints about Quillmane and other drops on these forums are proof of this as well).

You also seem to have no idea how guild banks work. Someone in a guild who is farming J Boots isn't doing it (usually) to sell an MQ to put money in the guild bank, nor are they able to use the guild bank's money to buy their own stuff (except for reimbursements for raiding, e.g., things like regents, recharges (for certain things), etc.). These are likely people to which 5k is a meaningful amount of platinum.

You're just whining as you typically do. You don't want to wait in line at OOT because you're impatient and want everything whenever you want it. So you go to S Ro and then whine about the fact that you can't get your own rights to a free for all target and you call it unfair (which is ironic because the S Ro AC is actually totally fair - it has multiple possible spawn points and anyone with the ability to track has a shot at it if it doesn't spawn on a point that's camped). You also seem too lazy to just quickly farm up 4.5-5kpp. So literally it seems there's no solution that would satisfy you other than "give him whatever he wants the second he wants it, without any competition or anything from other players"

Sounds like classic, non-instanced EQ isn't the game for you buddy. Maybe you'd do better on live.

You sound so mad and upset, maybe is it because your life is so shit that you just come on here and bitch about other people? I feel bad for your family if you have one.

cd288
08-01-2023, 01:33 PM
You sound so mad and upset, maybe is it because your life is so shit that you just come on here and bitch about other people? I feel bad for your family if you have one.

Well I guess it's tough to infer tone. I would say more "annoyed by your general demeanor" than mad or upset. My life is pretty good though thanks for asking; although this week and last week deal flow is a little bit slow (for Wall St in general too) so just killing some time at work on the forums here.

You said you played back during the classic era. So that means you know classic mechanics and that it can be very hard to get certain items or engages sometimes due to competition for them. Seems odd to apparently have played classic back in the day, join P99 which is a classic server, and then complain about classic mechanics.

As I said, maybe this isn't the game for you and you should go elsewhere.

Smoofers
08-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Posting in a meltdown thread

strongNpretty
08-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Can we circle back around to being a "Druins" at a camp? Isn't that a little.... much? Are we able to agree on that at least?

Tethler
08-02-2023, 03:01 AM

Maximum irony achieved. Well done.

Toxigen
08-02-2023, 09:00 AM

sorry you don't got 5k for jboots mq hope this helps

BigPlays
08-04-2023, 09:17 AM
Funny as soon as I called cuckdom out, their pocket GM shows up to Sro.

cd288
08-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Incoming ban for staff bashing and false staff corruption allegations. Good riddance

Tormmac
08-06-2023, 07:50 PM
ITT player learns why pvp is superior to pve in every way

strongNpretty
08-07-2023, 11:01 AM
ITT player learns why pvp is superior to pve in every way

I wish you could just enter a /pvp on or /pvp off command honestly.

BigPlays
08-07-2023, 12:00 PM
Incoming ban for staff bashing and false staff corruption allegations. Good riddance

Don't care. Playing project Quarm.

cd288
08-07-2023, 01:08 PM
Don't care. Playing project Quarm.

"I'm playing on a completely different server such that I apparently don't care about P99 at all, yet here I am commenting on the forums to let everyone know I don't care."

Questors
08-09-2023, 07:19 AM
Disclaimer: This is not a defense of the OP. I don't know the person and to be honest, seeing their other posts, they could quite possibly be a troll or a serial complainer. Complaints may be valid at times, but then there are those who abuse the idea.

Onward and forward.

Even if the OP is a troll or an otherwise bad influence, the point they bring up is valid. It can be found in the server rule set. Specifically in rule set 10. However rule set 9, 11 and 12 can be applied. I have conveniently cut and pasted them for people to read or re-read.

Then there is the general idea of a "Play Nice" policy. Any player, group or guild dominating an area or a spawn is definitely not "Playing Nice." It's using unnecessary force, in a sense and bullying tactics (like a pitchfork mob, not a snowflake) to effect control over other players and/or zones and/or spawns. We are not talking raid zones. That's a completely different circumstance.

9. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the P99CSR involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed and act accordingly.

10. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

- Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

- Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by a P99CSR.

- Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

- Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

- Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).

11. You may not defraud other players.

Fraud is defined as falsely representing one's intentions to make a gain at another's expense. Examples of this activity include, but are not limited to, using deception to deprive another player of items, slandering another player or impersonating them with the intention of causing harm to that player's reputation, or falsely representing one's identity in order to gain access to another player's account or account information.

Fraud in all transactions between players may result in disciplinary action when confirmed by a P99CSR.

This is not permission to not watch out for yourself during interactions with players. Players may still scam or defraud you on Project 1999. It is your responsibility to protect yourself. The player who scammed you may be subject to disciplinary action, but there is no guarantee you will get your items or PP back. It is in your best interest to be wary of other players.

You are responsible for the people you let onto your account. Disciplinary action may be enacted upon your account even if you yourself were not responsible for any rule breaking. Do not share account info if you are not ready to deal with the consequences of someone else's actions.

12. You may not abuse other players or Project 1999 Staff.

The following actions would be considered abuse:

o Hate Mongering - participation in or propagation of Hate literature, behavior, or propaganda related to real -world characteristics.

o Sexual Abuse or Harassment - untoward and/or unwelcome advances of a graphic and sexual nature. This includes, but is not limited to, virtual rape, overt sexual overtures, and stalking of a sexual nature.

o Attempting to Defraud a CS Representative - Petitioning with false information with the intent of receiving benefits as a result. This includes reporting bug deaths, experience or item loss, or accusing other players of wrongdoing without basis for it.

o Impersonating a Customer Service Representative - falsely representing yourself to another player as a Guide or a member of the Project 1999 Server Staff.

o CS Personnel Abuse - This includes, but is not limited to, sending excessive /petitions (as an individual or group), sending excessive /tells to a CS Representative, excessively using say or other channels to communicate to a CS Representative, making physical threats, or using abusive language against a CS Representative.

o Implying favoritism by members of the Project 1999 Staff - Implying that Guides, GM's, or Developers will show favor towards one or more parties involved in any given situation. This includes, but is not limited to, using threats of retribution or inferring that you will not be held accountable for your actions due to special consideration.

Note: This list is not all-inclusive. Other actions may be determined as abuse at the discretion of the P99CSR.

Pootle
08-09-2023, 07:32 AM
Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them.

Nobody harrassed him. It is not harrasment if someone got to a mob before him
They also were not specifically targeting him... they would have attemted to get the AC if he wasent even there... so nothing was specifically targeting the OP.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

AC in SouthRo is a FTE mob... i believe it even sends a FTE announcement.
Nobody monopolized the area. OP is just mad someone beat him to the AC.

There is evan an AC in another zone where you can camp the spawn, if the OP is not able to get FTE in SouthRo he should go to that camp and wait his turn (he will get better results doing that, than crying on the forum)

Fraud is defined as falsely representing one's intentions to make a gain at another's expense. Examples of this activity include, but are not limited to, using deception to deprive another player of items, slandering another player or impersonating them with the intention of causing harm to that player's reputation, or falsely representing one's identity in order to gain access to another player's account or account information.

Fraud in all transactions between players may result in disciplinary action when confirmed by a P99CSR.

This is not permission to not watch out for yourself during interactions with players. Players may still scam or defraud you on Project 1999. It is your responsibility to protect yourself. The player who scammed you may be subject to disciplinary action, but there is no guarantee you will get your items or PP back. It is in your best interest to be wary of other players.

You are responsible for the people you let onto your account. Disciplinary action may be enacted upon your account even if you yourself were not responsible for any rule breaking. Do not share account info if you are not ready to deal with the consequences of someone else's actions.

How does this even qualify????

Again, nothing like this happened. Apart from the OP claiming that the Staff are biased.

cd288
08-09-2023, 10:00 AM
Disclaimer: This is not a defense of the OP. I don't know the person and to be honest, seeing their other posts, they could quite possibly be a troll or a serial complainer. Complaints may be valid at times, but then there are those who abuse the idea.

Onward and forward.

Even if the OP is a troll or an otherwise bad influence, the point they bring up is valid. It can be found in the server rule set. Specifically in rule set 10. However rule set 9, 11 and 12 can be applied. I have conveniently cut and pasted them for people to read or re-read.

Then there is the general idea of a "Play Nice" policy. Any player, group or guild dominating an area or a spawn is definitely not "Playing Nice." It's using unnecessary force, in a sense and bullying tactics (like a pitchfork mob, not a snowflake) to effect control over other players and/or zones and/or spawns. We are not talking raid zones. That's a completely different circumstance.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the P99CSR involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed and act accordingly.

- Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

- Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by a P99CSR.

- Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

- Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

- Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).

The following actions would be considered abuse:

o Hate Mongering - participation in or propagation of Hate literature, behavior, or propaganda related to real -world characteristics.

o Sexual Abuse or Harassment - untoward and/or unwelcome advances of a graphic and sexual nature. This includes, but is not limited to, virtual rape, overt sexual overtures, and stalking of a sexual nature.

o Attempting to Defraud a CS Representative - Petitioning with false information with the intent of receiving benefits as a result. This includes reporting bug deaths, experience or item loss, or accusing other players of wrongdoing without basis for it.

o Impersonating a Customer Service Representative - falsely representing yourself to another player as a Guide or a member of the Project 1999 Server Staff.

o CS Personnel Abuse - This includes, but is not limited to, sending excessive /petitions (as an individual or group), sending excessive /tells to a CS Representative, excessively using say or other channels to communicate to a CS Representative, making physical threats, or using abusive language against a CS Representative.

o Implying favoritism by members of the Project 1999 Staff - Implying that Guides, GM's, or Developers will show favor towards one or more parties involved in any given situation. This includes, but is not limited to, using threats of retribution or inferring that you will not be held accountable for your actions due to special consideration.

Note: This list is not all-inclusive. Other actions may be determined as abuse at the discretion of the P99CSR.

This guy's post is so freaking stupid that it makes me wonder if he's an alt account of OP lol

Questors
08-10-2023, 06:54 AM
This guy's post is so freaking stupid that it makes me wonder if he's an alt account of OP lol

My, aren't you such a clever Charlie. Did you learn all those finely tuned social skills, there in your empty tool bag, online?

cd288
08-10-2023, 10:40 AM
My, aren't you such a clever Charlie. Did you learn all those finely tuned social skills, there in your empty tool bag, online?

Oh wow OP's alt account is salty because his post trying to support his other account was completely inapplicable to the situation (hence the stupidity)

strongNpretty
08-10-2023, 11:01 AM
Oh wow OP's alt account is salty because his post trying to support his other account was completely inapplicable to the situation (hence the stupidity)

What if i told you i'm another one of OP's accounts. Toxigen is also another one of OP's accounts. So is Skarlorn, he's one of OP's accounts too. Don't forget, Magnetaress is one of my alt accounts also, and never forget Unsunghero is too

We're all my alt accounts. Fun fact- cd288 is me too, i'm OP.

(Insert Law and Order "Dun Dun")

Videri
08-10-2023, 12:31 PM
Now I’m posting on another of my alt accounts. See?

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Don't forget this one! haha, I spoofed you all.

cd288
08-10-2023, 01:06 PM
What if i told you i'm another one of OP's accounts. Toxigen is also another one of OP's accounts. So is Skarlorn, he's one of OP's accounts too. Don't forget, Magnetaress is one of my alt accounts also, and never forget Unsunghero is too

We're all my alt accounts. Fun fact- cd288 is me too, i'm OP.

(Insert Law and Order "Dun Dun")

You should sell this to Christopher Nolan for his next script

strongNpretty
08-10-2023, 01:24 PM
You should sell this to Christopher Nolan for his next script

Why are you having a conversation with yourself right now? Wait, why am i asking myself that question? I'm you. Let's focus.

I think we forgot to take our meds this morning, we're splitting into multiple personalities again.

Ooloo
08-10-2023, 03:13 PM
I tried to go camp a fungi but there was already somebody there killing it instead of me. I was basically raped by this experience.

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-10-2023, 03:31 PM
Nah. It's what makes a man. It's not how many fungi's. This game is 20+ years old roflmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1awwAgU_t8
g1awwAgU_t8

Infectious
08-10-2023, 04:28 PM
I tried to go camp a fungi but there was already somebody there killing it instead of me. I was basically raped by this experience.

I usually petition in this case. I clearly remember in classic showing up and no one was there.

strongNpretty
08-10-2023, 04:50 PM
I usually petition in this case. I clearly remember in classic showing up and no one was there.

RIP to Dirt McGirt-

AKA The Specialist,
AKA Osirus,
AKA Big Baby Jesus,
AKA Dirty McDirtster,
AKA Joe Bananas,
AKA ODB,
AKA Knifey McStab,
AKA Ason Unique,
AKA Dirtiest Man Ever,
AKA Dirt Dog,
AKA Old Dirty Chinese Restaurant,

AKA Russell Tyrone Jones.....

Endorra
08-10-2023, 05:20 PM

Me too.

BigPlays
08-11-2023, 09:59 AM

While this is probably geared towards bards, the point I am trying to make is that you have a mega guild bringing 4 people into the zone and spreading out to cover every spawn point. Why is the AC in Sro a FTE mob but the AC in OOT a list mob? Even though it is not an official list mob, all players generally accept this as a list mob and treat it accordingly. So you are saying that someone can go to OOT, bypass the players list and just kill AC at their own content?

When you have mains who can farm 70k tunics why bother people newer to the server from getting some minor item? Is it because guilds like kingdom require you to have jboots?

Pootle
08-11-2023, 11:07 AM
[B]
Even though it is not an official list mob, all players generally accept this as a list mob and treat it accordingly. So you are saying that someone can go to OOT, bypass the players list and just kill AC at their own content?

OOT is a fixed spawn point.

Server rules clearly state you can claim a camp of a single spawn point in 'outdoor' zones.

That is why you have a 'list' or 'camp' functionallity in OOT.

aussenseiter
08-11-2023, 12:22 PM

While this is probably geared towards bards, the point I am trying to make is that you have a mega guild bringing 4 people into the zone and spreading out to cover every spawn point. Why is the AC in Sro a FTE mob but the AC in OOT a list mob? Even though it is not an official list mob, all players generally accept this as a list mob and treat it accordingly. So you are saying that someone can go to OOT, bypass the players list and just kill AC at their own content?

When you have mains who can farm 70k tunics why bother people newer to the server from getting some minor item? Is it because guilds like kingdom require you to have jboots?

Can Quillmane be camped?

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-11-2023, 12:33 PM

One thing that bugs me in these debates is, I am not sure the younger players understand that total server domination is a very classic guild goal.

We used to destroy loots or let them rot, and announce they were rotting. No loot rights for us!

Jimjam
08-11-2023, 12:46 PM

Not monopolised - most of the kills in the area are available (dervs, orcs, etc) ;).

Ooloo
08-11-2023, 01:16 PM
There are more than 4 spawn points, but they're all in the desert. And since it's an FTE mob (meaning, an actual yellow FTE message goes out), you can still get it before them you just have to be quick.

Ooloo
08-11-2023, 01:18 PM
And yeah, they probably just needed jboots on a new guild bot of some type, which is completely their prerogative and right to do. It's not like they're bringing four people to make 5k on a jboots mq.

cd288
08-11-2023, 06:56 PM

Jboots are in no way a minor item lol. Highly useful for any non sow class, not to mention a very easy to acquire clicky that allows you to reset your global spell cooldown if you’re outside. If it was such a minor item you wouldn’t be here complaining about it being difficult for you to obtain.

Join a guild. Make friends. Bring said friends or guild members to SRo and contest all the spawn points. Nothing stopping you from doing this. If you don’t like them getting fte and claiming spawn points all the time get there earlier with a squad and screw the other guild over

Jimjam
08-12-2023, 05:17 AM
I mean if there are only 5 people there, and spawn point is fairly random then considering it is a 10% spawn rate you ‘only’ expect to show up for 50 9AMs ;)

greenspectre
08-14-2023, 01:14 PM

I find it HIGHLY ironic that you are upset about a guild bringing 4 people to monopolize a spawn point and yet in another thread you are upset that the Quillmane spawn mechanics were changed from what they used to be, which allowed for a guild to come in and bring 4 people and monopolize the spawn point.

Moving past that, hello! I play Aystar, a level 42 Ranger who is *gasp* tagged Kingdom. I have dabbled in Peggy cloaks and responded to some of your posts there, and will also try to field some of your questions here. First off, the SRo AC being not a list camp is a server rule implied by the FTE message that goes out for him. While I can't find a specific rule that says "AC is FTE only in Sro" I can say that no FTE goes out on the OOT one, and FTE is the rule for other non-raid encounters that give out an FTE message. Lodizal comes to mind as the closest example- everyone sits on the spawn point and spams /pet attack and hopes they get it. If anyone else here can find the exact written rule that Sro AC is FTE, that may help OP understand what's going on here.

Secondly, I can say with confidence that Kingdom as a guild does not care about the Sro AC outside of occasionally trying to make sure a cleric bot has Jboots. And those are usually donated. I've been in the guild since Kunark and never once has there been any discussion in guild chat about locking down Sro to get a bot Jboots. Our guild requirements actually include SoW potions (see https://kingdomdkp.com/index.php/Policy.html? under Ranking), not Jboots, and we do not RMT in any way.

Third, and this might be the most applicable point to your RnF post, I am not part of some elite squad of Kingdom folk who have calculated all possible spawn points of the AC and all log in at 8pm in-game time to lock them all down. I DO know when it's 8pm game time (Every hour and 12 minutes), and will usually try to log in and find a good open spot in the desert to race for AC. The reason for this? I work during the day and can't play a serious character, so popping in to try and snag a quick 5k is an efficient use of what little game time I have between work calls. Drakorian is a regular in Sro as well, and he came over from Nova just recently. He's also just doing it to sell Jboot MQ's in EC. I can also confirm several non-Kingdom peeps regularly win AC and come back to do it again. Brownwind is pretty good at it and has been bagging AC's for weeks.

So I hate to break the conspiracy theory, but I think what you observe as a guild-based monopoly on a spawn is actually several people racing for AC for their own individual benefit, which...to be perfectly honest, is classic. Kingdom is a large guild and contains many players, so it's reasonable to assume a fair number of players involved in the AC racing will have that tag. Also, the AC has way too many spawn points to "lock them all down". It really is a random FTE race. Sit in, put in some time, and I guarantee you'll learn the mechanics better and end up with Jboots sooner or later.

Knuckle
08-14-2023, 01:22 PM

I’m sure you are trolling but the reason OOT is a list mob is because it’s a static mob. The mob table is dynamic for south ro, meaning the AC could spawn in any number of placeholder locations, and in fact, rarely spawns at all. There’s no single ph being killed over and over, you have to track it or sit at one of the possible ph during the appropriate game time.

greenspectre
08-14-2023, 01:25 PM
Can Quillmane be camped?

Honestly this is a tough question. I think the server rules are ambiguous on this one, since there are so many potential spawn points. I will say this though- If I come into SK and just start rounding up what I think are potential placeholders, but somebody already had a lock on the actual placeholder, not only am I ruining their chances, I'm ruining my own.

It is faster for BOTH people involved if Quillmane is respected as a camp- person 1 can get a cloak before too long and even let person 2 know which mob is the actual placeholder, which saves person 2 ALL of the guesswork. But if you have 2 people competing and murdering the zone over and over, you get less Quillmanes per hour because your track list gets populated with a bunch of trash repops that confuse your methods.

So the TLDR here is Quillmane is NOT a camp, but it should be :P

Knuckle
08-14-2023, 03:12 PM
Honestly this is a tough question. I think the server rules are ambiguous on this one, since there are so many potential spawn points. I will say this though- If I come into SK and just start rounding up what I think are potential placeholders, but somebody already had a lock on the actual placeholder, not only am I ruining their chances, I'm ruining my own.

It is faster for BOTH people involved if Quillmane is respected as a camp- person 1 can get a cloak before too long and even let person 2 know which mob is the actual placeholder, which saves person 2 ALL of the guesswork. But if you have 2 people competing and murdering the zone over and over, you get less Quillmanes per hour because your track list gets populated with a bunch of trash repops that confuse your methods.

So the TLDR here is Quillmane is NOT a camp, but it should be :P

Well the quillmane issue is entirely seperate. You can’t “spawn” the AC in Sro. But he has multiple potential spawn points. Quillmane previously had a clear cut way to force a spawn that couldn’t be “stolen”. The new quillmane is a clusterfuck mess that requires a ranger to solve during low playtimes or risk it’s theft.

greenspectre
08-14-2023, 04:48 PM
Well the quillmane issue is entirely seperate. You can’t “spawn” the AC in Sro. But he has multiple potential spawn points. Quillmane previously had a clear cut way to force a spawn that couldn’t be “stolen”. The new quillmane is a clusterfuck mess that requires a ranger to solve during low playtimes or risk it’s theft.

100% agree on you there. Camping it is a risky proposition for sure. It's a Prisoner's Dilemma basically.

BigPlays
08-15-2023, 03:30 PM
I’m sure you are trolling but the reason OOT is a list mob is because it’s a static mob. The mob table is dynamic for south ro, meaning the AC could spawn in any number of placeholder locations, and in fact, rarely spawns at all. There’s no single ph being killed over and over, you have to track it or sit at one of the possible ph during the appropriate game time.

Were there ever official rules on live back in classic for things like this? I remember killing mobs like mitty for the gold ring etc regardless of anyone camping it and never getting into trouble aside from maybe someone just getting mad. I get why list is a thing but technically AC is not a list item anymore, but people still respect that spawn. Kinda goes for Quillmane too.

Even if AC in Sro is not a static spawn, you would think that it would be respected like Quillmane is in SK.

Knuckle
08-15-2023, 03:44 PM
Were there ever official rules on live back in classic for things like this? I remember killing mobs like mitty for the gold ring etc regardless of anyone camping it and never getting into trouble aside from maybe someone just getting mad. I get why list is a thing but technically AC is not a list item anymore, but people still respect that spawn. Kinda goes for Quillmane too.

Even if AC in Sro is not a static spawn, you would think that it would be respected like Quillmane is in SK.

What is there to respect about SRO AC? It could be in many different points in the zone and either pops or doesn't at 9PM. In OOT you have to actively kill a PH over and over until the named pops. In other words, you arent doing anything to pop the SRO AC. it either pops or it doesnt at 9PM gametime.

Jimjam
08-15-2023, 03:50 PM
S Ro being 10% chance of a treasure hunt / race every 9pm is a fun mechanic.

There is the sit and grind it out alternative in oot for people not interested in that.

Most items don’t give you two pathways for acquisition.

Ooloo
08-15-2023, 06:15 PM
S Ro being 10% chance of a treasure hunt / race every 9pm is a fun mechanic.

There is the sit and grind it out alternative in oot for people not interested in that.

Most items don’t give you two pathways for acquisition.

Exactly.txt

thank you jimjam

greenspectre
08-15-2023, 11:07 PM

The FTE message it gives out indicates its a "first-to-FTE" mob. Quillmane doesn't give a message when FTE'd. Any mob in the game that gives an FTE message is a mob to be raced for, not camped. That's why the FTE message goes out- it makes it clear to the zone who won the rights to kill the mob. The major difference between QM and Sro AC is there is a method to spawn Quillmane where a player can actively do work to make him happen. AC just happens. Or it doesn't.

What exactly would you say would give you the right to the "Sro AC camp" if it was a camp? That would be impossible to police, since to hold a camp you have to be actively killing placeholders and there's no placeholder for Sro AC. What would the rules be? First 30+ toon to park their kiester in Sro and /ooc "camping AC"?

Kohedron
08-17-2023, 10:47 AM
hey, you redacted snaggletooths don't want instancing.

Here you go. Have fun.

Deathrydar
08-17-2023, 01:14 PM
Fear not: In a few months when Quarm launches, the zones will be plenty empty for a little bit. I look forward to it!

BigPlays
08-17-2023, 02:58 PM
The FTE message it gives out indicates its a "first-to-FTE" mob. Quillmane doesn't give a message when FTE'd. Any mob in the game that gives an FTE message is a mob to be raced for, not camped. That's why the FTE message goes out- it makes it clear to the zone who won the rights to kill the mob. The major difference between QM and Sro AC is there is a method to spawn Quillmane where a player can actively do work to make him happen. AC just happens. Or it doesn't.

What exactly would you say would give you the right to the "Sro AC camp" if it was a camp? That would be impossible to police, since to hold a camp you have to be actively killing placeholders and there's no placeholder for Sro AC. What would the rules be? First 30+ toon to park their kiester in Sro and /ooc "camping AC"?

I am curious how the AC actually spawned in Sro and OOT in real classic.

BigPlays
08-17-2023, 07:31 PM
I am curious how the AC actually spawned in Sro and OOT in real classic.

After reading a bit, the OOT AC was on a 24 min timer and had a PH. The one in Sro seemed to have a PH also on a spawn timer. So why is it so unclassic here?

aussenseiter
08-17-2023, 10:20 PM
After reading a bit, the OOT AC was on a 24 min timer and had a PH. The one in Sro seemed to have a PH also on a spawn timer. So why is it so unclassic here?

Classic PH is probably griefable by killing at the wrong time of day.

Ooloo
08-18-2023, 05:01 PM
I can say that I definitely remember the sro AC being almost fable-like in it's rareness. Here it spawns multiple times a day. Something seems off there.

I also do not remember the oot AC having a non-roaming spawn\ph, or there being lines of people waiting to camp it because it was so simple.

For that matter, I don't really understand why they ever took jboots out of najena and made it a quest that didn't involve najena at all. Great way to kill a dungeon.

BigPlays
08-20-2023, 11:42 PM
I can say that I definitely remember the sro AC being almost fable-like in it's rareness. Here it spawns multiple times a day. Something seems off there.

I also do not remember the oot AC having a non-roaming spawn\ph, or there being lines of people waiting to camp it because it was so simple.

For that matter, I don't really understand why they ever took jboots out of najena and made it a quest that didn't involve najena at all. Great way to kill a dungeon.

Taking out Jboots from Najena and Rubi from CT were two of the biggest mistakes they made. None of the other Rubi aside from the BP did anything...how is that even OP?

Also, the AC in OOT was a roamer with a cyclops PH. It was never meant to be a static spawn with a 6 min timer. So much for keeping it classic.

Questors
08-21-2023, 06:22 AM
Taking out Jboots from Najena and Rubi from CT were two of the biggest mistakes they made. None of the other Rubi aside from the BP did anything...how is that even OP?

Also, the AC in OOT was a roamer with a cyclops PH. It was never meant to be a static spawn with a 6 min timer. So much for keeping it classic.

^This.

I never understood either of these moves. The wife and I started playing EQ at release.

Side note: We didn't know one another, met in game and have been married for 18 years, but that's another story. I got the most amazing rare spawn and drop ever. A bit of feelgood in the rants and flames forum.

Back to the topic: I believe the best way to run the AC is spawn is to have it be a random spawn (okay, yes, at night and in the sandy area) based off the trash spawn cycle, same as the SGs in Oasis, North and South Ro. Absolutely make it random and a "worked spawn," to make it harder to dominate or control. It's nearly always true of nearly any spawn, that a guild or group can purposely do so, that's up to the players and devs to police.

Want Journeyman's Boots? Fine, go work the spawn for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours, to force the spawn cycle. Each night, keep forcing the spawn cycle and hope. What? No spawn? Welcome to Everquest.

There are many things in the P1999 version that are anything but "vanilla." That said, I do genuinely appreciate the existence of P1999, thus that is not meant in an insulting manner. Their claim is something to the effect of "the closest to original...."

Just for grins, there is a "vanilla" style UI someone made. It's here on the forums. It looks very good. Stone UI (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404059)

BigPlays
08-21-2023, 09:35 AM
^This.

I never understood either of these moves. The wife and I started playing EQ at release.

Side note: We didn't know one another, met in game and have been married for 18 years, but that's another story. I got the most amazing rare spawn and drop ever. A bit of feelgood in the rants and flames forum.

Back to the topic: I believe the best way to run the AC is spawn is to have it be a random spawn (okay, yes, at night and in the sandy area) based off the trash spawn cycle, same as the SGs in Oasis, North and South Ro. Absolutely make it random and a "worked spawn," to make it harder to dominate or control. It's nearly always true of nearly any spawn, that a guild or group can purposely do so, that's up to the players and devs to police.

Want Journeyman's Boots? Fine, go work the spawn for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours, to force the spawn cycle. Each night, keep forcing the spawn cycle and hope. What? No spawn? Welcome to Everquest.

There are many things in the P1999 version that are anything but "vanilla." That said, I do genuinely appreciate the existence of P1999, thus that is not meant in an insulting manner. Their claim is something to the effect of "the closest to original...."

Just for grins, there is a "vanilla" style UI someone made. It's here on the forums. It looks very good. Stone UI (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404059)

A lot of things here are simply what they pick and choose to be classic. Also every zone seems to have different rules, especially in the beginning with list camps. Also outdoor vs indoor camps and what you can and cannot claim. For example, I was leveling with a group in CB making our way to the throne room. I was literally pulling a path to it when two Kingdom members just go in and start PL'ing. When I petitioned we were denied because they got there first even though we were clearing to it. I'm not sure if rading works the same with quakes and if groups/guild skip over each other when the other is fighting but just make everything FFA and don't police it.

greenspectre
08-21-2023, 07:09 PM
A lot of things here are simply what they pick and choose to be classic. Also every zone seems to have different rules, especially in the beginning with list camps. Also outdoor vs indoor camps and what you can and cannot claim. For example, I was leveling with a group in CB making our way to the throne room. I was literally pulling a path to it when two Kingdom members just go in and start PL'ing. When I petitioned we were denied because they got there first even though we were clearing to it. I'm not sure if rading works the same with quakes and if groups/guild skip over each other when the other is fighting but just make everything FFA and don't police it.

Raiding does work like this, unfortunately. "Leap-Frogging" is a real strategy where one raid is clearing to something and another raid blows past them with a DA trainer to temporarily displace all the mobs so the rest of the raid can get in and get FTE, then get the mob dead. The training raid is responsible for their train so as to not wipe any other guilds with it, and that's how half of petitions happen :P

The "selectively classic" argument is a sound one. That's why https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium exists. Whenever something's different from Live, it's usually some kinda exploit prevention, but in some cases we have the thing like the Sro AC, which makes me wonder if evidence is even out there as to how it used to work.

BigPlays
08-21-2023, 07:15 PM
Raiding does work like this, unfortunately. "Leap-Frogging" is a real strategy where one raid is clearing to something and another raid blows past them with a DA trainer to temporarily displace all the mobs so the rest of the raid can get in and get FTE, then get the mob dead. The training raid is responsible for their train so as to not wipe any other guilds with it, and that's how half of petitions happen :P

The "selectively classic" argument is a sound one. That's why https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium exists. Whenever something's different from Live, it's usually some kinda exploit prevention, but in some cases we have the thing like the Sro AC, which makes me wonder if evidence is even out there as to how it used to work.

The devs mentioned on one of the interviews that people thought that Pzyjn was spawned only at night etc and they said it was completely wrong. She was a % off one of the mobs in the zone, a low %.

From what I read about the AC in Sro and OOT, they were a % spawn off a PH. Sro AC was never a 9pm spawn and AC in OOT was never a 6 min static spawn. The cyclops was a roamer according to alakazam and when I played in classic, I remember the AC being a roaming mob because I killed it on some hill and it was pathing.