PDA

View Full Version : When I die...

slard271
07-03-2023, 12:34 AM
... I really want to move my consciousness to Norrath. If I could enjoy the Everquest soundtrack as I patrolled or leveled the eternity honestly I'd be happy. If I could relive times in Blackburrow with a cracked staff... Maybe that's short sighted... maybe there's infinitely more pleasurable or wondrous things... but gee fucking whiz... Norrath is an amazing one of them. Of all the things that I might possibly get to enjoy in the afterlife, I hope Norrath is one of them. That is all.

aussenseiter
07-03-2023, 12:43 AM
We're all going to digital hell anyway so don't worry about it

slard271
07-03-2023, 12:50 AM
My point is really moreso that this game from its inception ... the followon... this project has had such tremendous impact on me for better or worse that I just view it as part of my life... that might sound silly but we all live here. Those of us that were privileged to enjoy North in its infancy really have something special to reflect on.

aussenseiter
07-03-2023, 12:59 AM
My point is really moreso that this game from its inception ... the followon... this project has had such tremendous impact on me for better or worse that I just view it as part of my life... that might sound silly but we all live here. Those of us that were privileged to enjoy North in its infancy really have something special to reflect on.

Does the thought of dying help your current situation?

Dolalin
07-03-2023, 05:39 AM
We're all going to digital hell anyway so don't worry about it

Some of us are already there. I'm doing the annual mandatory compliance training now...

Lune
07-03-2023, 10:55 AM
All things are possible through our lord and savior AI

Ekco
07-03-2023, 11:28 AM
we're in a simulation playing an elf sim for eternity until we get the raid rules correct.

wuanahto
07-03-2023, 12:00 PM
Dying is like.. trying to imagine what was life before you were born. you cant because consciousness blocks it. Once you die its lights out because its been like.. what.. 3000 years worth of religion and stuff? still no ghosts or proof of afterlife.

Get everquest out of your system now bro or else.. nothing I guess. if you die while playing itll only matter to who finds your corpse

Smoofers
07-03-2023, 12:02 PM
That sounds great until you realize you'll be stuck with twinks and level 60s griefing you for eternity.

druidbob
07-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Purgatory would be coming back as Fippy Darkpaw over and over for eternity

Ooloo
07-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Dying is like.. trying to imagine what was life before you were born. you cant because consciousness blocks it. Once you die its lights out because its been like.. what.. 3000 years worth of religion and stuff? still no ghosts or proof of afterlife.

Get everquest out of your system now bro or else.. nothing I guess. if you die while playing itll only matter to who finds your corpse

After you die I think the most likely scenario is that you just begin life again as some other lifeform.

The conditions after you die are the same as they were before you were born, relative to "you". So unless you believe in an intangible "soul" that is somehow permanently tethered to your body after death, you'll probably just pop back into some first-person existence, maybe as another person, or some random deer or fly or some random alien on another planet.

This is both the horror and the wonder of being stuck looking out the same set of eyes until you die. It's the same for random plankton in the ocean, but as humans we get to actually contemplate it.

wuanahto
07-03-2023, 09:08 PM
After you die I think the most likely scenario is that you just begin life again as some other lifeform.

no, just stop. when you realize you only have one life to live you wont be a dick or a sad dick

Swish
07-03-2023, 09:58 PM
I'm rerolling as a druid next time.

Lune
07-04-2023, 02:17 AM
I love that in this guy's wildest dreams he could feasibly spend eternity raw dogging bus-fulls of history's greatest supermodels or being a rock star or something, and he yearns for classic Everquest. Fuck I'd play as Butler Syncall, Maid Isis feels like a freak, feel like I'd also do a better job wiping groups.

lol

Lune
07-04-2023, 02:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/iuqR3J5.png

"“To live, to err, to fall, to triumph, to recreate life out of life! A wild angel had appeared to him, the angel of mortal youth and beauty, an envoy from the fair courts of life, to throw open before him in an instant of ecstasy the gates of all the ways of error and glory. On and on and on and on!”" Who knew James Joyce predicted simulation theory

Jimjam
07-04-2023, 03:41 AM
no, just stop. when you realize you only have one life to live you wont be a dick or a sad dick
Well if not cremated you do become the life forms involved in decomposition, soil, plants, etc.

Even getting ashed you’re likely to eventually rejoin the food chain somehow, else spend eternity as dust.

But yeah, as a distinct entity one life jah.

Ooloo
07-04-2023, 07:53 PM
Ash is full of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and many other micronutrients plants use to grow, and animals then eat those plants and then other animals eat those animals.

You're getting circle of life'd no matter what mofos

arvidez
07-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Ash is full of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and many other micronutrients plants use to grow, and animals then eat those plants and then other animals eat those animals.

You're getting circle of life'd no matter what mofos

your body ends. "Me" lives in memories. then you die. i learned that from Coco

Jimjam
07-05-2023, 02:29 AM
What happens when I die?

LDgs7ERjC7A

Ennewi
07-05-2023, 06:24 AM

Fippy rarely does make it to the South Qeynos zoneline though.

Origen
07-05-2023, 11:09 AM
I subscribe to the collective soul theory or something lkke it. I think Andy Weir outlined it well in The Egg, iirc. Every thing we do to other people we will experience as those people.

arvidez
07-05-2023, 04:41 PM
I subscribe to the collective soul theory or something lkke it. I think Andy Weir outlined it well in The Egg, iirc. Every thing we do to other people we will experience as those people.

if you use 'exist' in the place of 'experience', sounds like memories.

Origen
07-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Could be. A friend believes she has lived at least two or three other lives. Always a woman, always drowns. She avoids water. I say it's why she should learn to swim.

cadoipi
07-10-2023, 08:14 AM
Some of us are already there. I'm doing the annual mandatory compliance training now...

Even in digital hell, compliance training is in person.

Kruel
07-20-2023, 11:00 AM
GO ON AMAZON PRIME AND WATCH "UPLOAD".... ITS LITERALLY LIKE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. GREAT SHOW.

Jimjam
07-20-2023, 11:26 AM
Could be. A friend believes she has lived at least two or three other lives. Always a woman, always drowns. She avoids water. I say it's why she should learn to swim.

Drown in the swimming lesson. Fate.

magnetaress
07-20-2023, 11:59 AM

this state is achievable in life :p :cool:

mattydef
07-21-2023, 04:17 PM

The conditions after you die are the same as they were before you were born, relative to "you". So unless you believe in an intangible "soul" that is somehow permanently tethered to your body after death, you'll probably just pop back into some first-person existence, maybe as another person, or some random deer or fly or some random alien on another planet.

This is both the horror and the wonder of being stuck looking out the same set of eyes until you die. It's the same for random plankton in the ocean, but as humans we get to actually contemplate it.
This is a decent enough theory. Honestly at this point we know so little about the universe anything could be possible, even a place called heaven. If anything, Earth has shown that once a planet is capable of harboring life, it will. I too like to believe in a type of reincarnation, but not one where you just become another person or creature here on this planet in this timeline.

Duik
07-22-2023, 05:22 AM

Dressed like that, to be frank, I'm suprised she's still a maid.

spiritsofrock
07-24-2023, 01:10 AM
I was really hoping the text box would have read

Fuck it I wanna go to hell, cause I’m a piece of shit it ain’t hard to fuckin tell
It don’t make sense goin to heaven with the Goodie goodies, fuck that shit I wanna tote guns and shoot dice

Alas

Naethyn
07-27-2023, 11:20 PM
we're in a simulation playing an elf sim for eternity until we get the raid rules correct.

Deep

aussenseiter
07-28-2023, 12:03 AM
Dressed like that, to be frank, I'm suprised she's still a maid.

Maid or maiden? 🤔💭

spiritsofrock
07-28-2023, 09:05 PM
Maid or maiden? 🤔💭

Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it

Duik
07-29-2023, 08:08 AM
Maid or maiden? 🤔💭

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/maidens

Enough info for you?
Im sure there is more for the dim of wit, to be enlightened.
Learn more words.