PDA

View Full Version : p99 destroys families

Zwieback
05-29-2023, 02:24 AM
How many families p99 gms destroyed by timing exp bonuses and quakes bad?
Guess!

Id say 61

Swish
05-29-2023, 04:42 AM
"P99 forced me to login for dragon pixels, what was I to do???"

:rolleyes:

gnome_fights
05-29-2023, 09:07 AM
The game itself is bad enough but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

I know someone who used to play here then became a guide/GM. His kids grew up without their father because he was logged in and immersed 24/7.

I also know several guys who lost they women because they chose eq.

Hate to see it, but it happens every day here.

Jimjam
05-29-2023, 10:10 AM
If they can’t handle me at my poopsock they don’t deserve me at my nyov bis.

cadoipi
05-29-2023, 10:59 AM
Sorry you do/don't have dragon loot. Hope this helps.

Tormmac
05-29-2023, 11:34 AM
ive literally been playing since 2010 and have been married since 2008

just be good looking

Ooloo
05-29-2023, 02:22 PM
I'm pretty sure back in the day there was a story about somebody who neglected their newborn so bad it died because they were playing EQ 24\7. This was well before p99 even launched.

We all knew what we were getting into!

Rager and Quitter
05-29-2023, 04:21 PM
I've wanted to play this weekend, but I haven't been able to since we've been doing family stuff over the weekend. Gonna take my 4-year-old to the movies here in a little while. If you aren't a total moron, you can make good decisions. It's not too hard.

Evia
05-29-2023, 04:53 PM
I'm just here for the blaming of p99 for all my bad decisions.

God it feels good to not have to take responsibility for my own poor choices.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-29-2023, 05:10 PM
I had this nice business, my oldest son was eager to learn the ins and outs and was running the place for me, essentially. Lots of my employees were long time, and since we were the only corpse disposal crew in Akron, it was basically, do we want the business. Then Everquest came out. At first it was a diversion. Who cares if a few corpses just get parked near the mall?

Look at Akron today. It's overflowing with dead bodies all because of "Oh I got to retrieve my corpse first!" me, Mr. Loser.

The meta aspect of this really fucks with me, too.

Patrece
05-29-2023, 05:56 PM
way past the classic timeline on both servers, it doesnt matter

quit it with the crocodile tears already

Tnair
05-29-2023, 06:00 PM
http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/skinner.html

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-29-2023, 06:09 PM
http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/skinner.html

Stay awhile, and listen

cannobeers3
05-31-2023, 01:44 AM
I wish you well on your adventure to flavor town.

Bardp1999
05-31-2023, 03:28 AM
https://i.imgur.com/nEPmK07.jpg

Tunabros
05-31-2023, 12:20 PM
"P99 forced me to login for dragon pixels, what was I to do???"

:rolleyes:

Jimjam
05-31-2023, 12:46 PM
I'm always amazed at people who leave their computer turned on while asleep, their discord connected to a wake up channel and then they get annoyed when they get woken up by the wake up channel.

I assume it is cos their partner threw a fit that this person is more dedicated to dragon pixels @ 3:30 AM than getting a proper nights sleep.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-31-2023, 12:53 PM
I'm posting honest. I did the crazy train eq back when landlines were it. I'm a natural insomniac (since fixed thank god) and for me, lol, eq was like a gift. I finally stopped watching TV from midnight till 6am.

Then by Kunark, I bought a laptop and realized I was alert enough to get some work done, too.

I wish I could say i got rich. But I am fairly sure for at least a few years I was the hardest working enchanter in Norrath. I fucking earned my doctorate and finished the dissertation by Velious.

Everquest is a gift to neuro-atypical people, and sometimes neuro-atypical people are smart enough to marry each other.

Otherwise. Normal people and how things are today??

I would love to see how many divorces are attributable to online gaming in general, 2010-2020. And it's only getting worse lol.

My BEST ADVICE: Marry a fellow freak you idiots!

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-31-2023, 01:08 PM
And I was the second enchanter to lvl 60 on Quellious. I add this stupid extra post because I want to go on record, if you asked me "but what was more important?" that is a silly question to someone like me. Some people multi-task because they can. I multi-task (I learned) because I have to.

A lot of people would do better not-multi-tasking, imo. My best times are when I can actually focus on a single thing, and it makes me wonder why people who can, don't angle for this as an ideal.

True Story. St. Thomas Acquinas. Big ol' fat guy, also the best mind of his age. Theologian and philosopher. Not to be messed with. And I'm not religious. Aquinas would likely chew me to pieces. He was very fat.

On writing days, he worked by dictation. He always was working on multiple things at once. A different secretary (what is a medieval secretary called?) was assigned each writing, to keep track of it, perform amendments to it, etc. This guy *was* essentially Catholic doctrine, so this was a big operation in terms of mission.

He would wake up, have a morning, then go into the study where maybe 5 or 6 secretaries were waiting. He would pop around the room, dictating a few pages on one, then shifting to finish a paragraph on another, then to another to clean up a page from last week.

Etc. True fucking story. Space aliens. It's all space aliens. Has to be.

Confit
06-02-2023, 12:40 PM

Classic New Jersey

Toxigen
06-02-2023, 12:42 PM

2007, yikes

if the wife had to be plowed, he should have at least been on wow

Ratchet51
06-02-2023, 02:21 PM
he should have at least been on wow

God damn you make me sick...

Toxigen
06-02-2023, 02:40 PM
God damn you make me sick...

https://i.imgur.com/3nYGdH9.gif

Lifebar
06-02-2023, 02:58 PM

I feel like whoever this was must certainly have a few 60s on blue.

pink grapefruit
06-02-2023, 03:03 PM
2007, yikes

if the wife had to be plowed, he should have at least been on wow

I love Post Secret so much lol. Just because the secret was sent in during 2007 does not mean the thing happened that year. Bet it happened somewhere during the Velious - PoP eras!

hextasy
06-02-2023, 04:16 PM
huh. I learned about Post Secret today. Thanks P99!

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-02-2023, 04:46 PM
I love Post Secret so much lol. Just because the secret was sent in during 2007 does not mean the thing happened that year. Bet it happened somewhere during the Velious - PoP eras!

That Talisman of Vah Kerrath wasn't gonna win itself, honey.

mattydef
06-02-2023, 05:33 PM
We've all been guilty of getting way too immersed in this game at some point, the important thing is being able to take a step back and realize when you're getting ridiculous and just shake your head and laugh.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-02-2023, 05:46 PM
Anyways, if we want to talk about love and loss, someone who's had a dame in every port at one minute, and then the next, nothing, nada, zippo, we have to start talking about Vinnie Vincent.

"It's a quarter to three..."

Rager and Quitter
06-02-2023, 07:42 PM
We've all been guilty of getting way too immersed in this game at some point, the important thing is being able to take a step back and realize when you're getting ridiculous and just shake your head and laugh.

Yeah, when I was 14 in the summer break, not when I was in my 30s with a wife and kids, lol.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-02-2023, 09:50 PM
Dude, guilds used to know the cleric's kids name. That's when "emergency bio" meant something. Lots of kids first memories are of pixel hunt.

There was that dude, who brought his rig in during his wife's labor. Place had free dialup in the rooms. Wait, did you think he wasn't in the room?

He was playing while his life was in labor in the same room.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-02-2023, 09:51 PM
I'll take that typo