PDA

View Full Version : Green 2.0 when?

Hailto
05-23-2023, 02:53 PM
I know p99 is built upon lack of communication but what is going on at this point? Can we get a new sever before we all start drawing social security?

Tormmac
05-23-2023, 05:34 PM
green is a perfectly fine server the way it is, most people arent even BiS or near it due to competitiveness

Ooloo
05-23-2023, 06:14 PM
Yeah honestly I'm kinda torn atm, I'm pretty invested in my green enchanter and warrior. At the same time, a fresh server is so damn fun. I dunno what's better.

Although it's worth noting I felt this way about my blue characters, and I literally haven't played any of them since green 1.0 launched. So I'm leaning toward fresh server.

Coridan
05-23-2023, 07:25 PM
The green characters will still be playable on Blue. You all knew going in it was going to recycle.

Enderenter
05-23-2023, 07:48 PM
Yeah honestly I'm kinda torn atm, I'm pretty invested in my green enchanter and warrior. At the same time, a fresh server is so damn fun. I dunno what's better.

Although it's worth noting I felt this way about my blue characters, and I literally haven't played any of them since green 1.0 launched. So I'm leaning toward fresh server.

Fresh server. This is the way.

Ooloo
05-23-2023, 09:03 PM
The green characters will still be playable on Blue. You all knew going in it was going to recycle.

Yeah but there is *strong* fomo when there's a fresh vanilla everquest server to play on, so I will likely abandon my green 1.0 characters if a new server launches, just like I did with my blue characters.

I just love the game and this project, I'll play it no matter what.

ashentco
05-23-2023, 11:57 PM
~FRESH~

branamil
05-24-2023, 09:13 AM
I know p99 is built upon lack of communication but what is going on at this point? Can we get a new sever before we all start drawing social security?

This sounds dangerously close to staff bashing! I suggest you smash that donate button and hope that they feel like doing it before 2027

cd288
05-25-2023, 12:10 PM
green is a perfectly fine server the way it is, most people arent even BiS or near it due to competitiveness

What alternate universe are you in where this is true lol

Swish
05-25-2023, 01:45 PM
soon (tm)

Toxigen
05-25-2023, 02:32 PM
What do we want? Green 2.0!

When do we want it? Now!

Jimjam
05-25-2023, 02:39 PM
What is it with everybody always so needy for communication on everything these days?

Raj
05-25-2023, 06:39 PM
Ideal Green 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 all shutdown permanently on the day Luclin would normally release or within a month or 2 of said timeline. :cool:

A server stuck at Velious 3+ months longer than originally occurred quickly becomes very custom Emu-ish aka Not Classic

Perhaps a tough pill to swallow for the pixel fiends but true nontheless Im afraid. :cool:

Enderenter
05-26-2023, 10:11 AM
Ideal Green 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 all shutdown permanently on the day Luclin would normally release or within a month or 2 of said timeline. :cool:

A server stuck at Velious 3+ months longer than originally occurred quickly becomes very custom Emu-ish aka Not Classic

Perhaps a tough pill to swallow for the pixel fiends but true nontheless Im afraid. :cool:

Try TLP if you're looking for that kind of experience.

Coridan
05-26-2023, 07:05 PM
How is a TLP anything like that?

Somos
05-26-2023, 07:54 PM
Yeah but there is *strong* fomo when there's a fresh vanilla everquest server to play on, so I will likely abandon my green 1.0 characters if a new server launches, just like I did with my blue characters.

I just love the game and this project, I'll play it no matter what.

Ditto!

cadoipi
05-26-2023, 07:54 PM

What alternate universe are you in where this is true lol

Yeah not uncommon to see a new monk in Field of Bone equipped with 2x Sceptre of Destruction and Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings. Burn it down.

Enderenter
05-26-2023, 08:23 PM
How is a TLP anything like that?

He's saying that a server which starts with classic content and ends before Velious is not to his liking. TLP starts at classic and goes past Velious.

All of the people complaining about lack of QoL and lack of post-Velious content should really try TLPs. They serve that well.

Project1999 does classic-era content very well, and it doesn't make a ton of sense to do other content when that is already available elsewhere.

Yeah not uncommon to see a new monk in Field of Bone equipped with 2x Sceptre of Destruction and Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings. Burn it down.

Extremely hyperbolic statement. There are a handful of SoDs on the entire server - definitely abnormal to see two on a twink or even a player in general.

cadoipi
05-26-2023, 09:05 PM
Extremely hyperbolic statement. There are a handful of SoDs on the entire server - definitely abnormal to see two on a twink or even a player in general.

So hyperbolic in fact I hoped my sarcasm would be clear.

Enderenter
05-27-2023, 10:14 AM
So hyperbolic in fact I hoped my sarcasm would be clear.

lol, fair enough

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-27-2023, 01:11 PM
This is pitiful.

I do not see a single gif of Vince McMahon squeeing out about what a Green 2.0 could mean.

The kill shot could be, "Green players still playable on blue."

Surely someone has the talent. It's the ultimate eat your cake and have it too scenario. Green players slide to blue and that's *almost* a classic Husker Du song.

cadoipi
05-28-2023, 12:20 PM
This is pitiful.

I do not see a single gif of Vince McMahon squeeing out about what a Green 2.0 could mean.

The kill shot could be, "Green players still playable on blue."

Surely someone has the talent. It's the ultimate eat your cake and have it too scenario. Green players slide to blue and that's *almost* a classic Husker Du song.

Gustoo
05-31-2023, 12:58 AM
Hehe red 2

Natewest1987
05-31-2023, 10:08 AM
Came here to check if project1999 was dead or not. Really kind of shocking that they’re not making any announcements. I check back every so often but had a feeling that today I was going to find news that they’ve just thrown in the towel or decided to move on. I guess I’m glad that isn’t the news, but, has anyone done a wellness check on any of the mods? Do we know if they’re still alive somewhere?

Ooloo
05-31-2023, 11:57 AM
Yeah they just announced a new guide in-game and the mods on the boards are active.

Staff seems as present as ever to me, but it's their prerogative not to announce anything about another server until they want to (or maybe there's some legal issue with daybreak? i dunno)

HalflingWarrior
05-31-2023, 12:22 PM
Try TLP if you're looking for that kind of experience.

Did the TLP thing several years ago. Was lots of fun til end of POP era. Luclin REALLY dragged getting people Ssra keyed but it was ultimately worth the grind because POP was lots of fun on a server with instances so that one guild cannot monopolize PoTime for the entire expansion

Enderenter
05-31-2023, 12:53 PM
Did the TLP thing several years ago. Was lots of fun til end of POP era. Luclin REALLY dragged getting people Ssra keyed but it was ultimately worth the grind because POP was lots of fun on a server with instances so that one guild cannot monopolize PoTime for the entire expansion

It's a fun time. Very different experience / cup of tea than p99. I prefer project99, it's more my jam. But for those who like QoL and future expansions, TLP is worth a look.

Gustoo
05-31-2023, 03:11 PM
Green is hardly old. You’ve got two decent pop PvE servers at their terminal status. Is it so important to go and try to get a manastone again? Just make a guild and recruit people who wanna play the way you play and have a good time on blue or green. Norrath is a beautiful place.

Enderenter
05-31-2023, 05:57 PM
Green is hardly old. You’ve got two decent pop PvE servers at their terminal status. Is it so important to go and try to get a manastone again? Just make a guild and recruit people who wanna play the way you play and have a good time on blue or green. Norrath is a beautiful place.

It's your opinion, and that's fine. But there's a ton of people who aren't playing blue or green right now who would come back for green 2.0. Guaranteed.

Gustoo
05-31-2023, 08:04 PM
Yeah fresh starts are nice.

GardylooGubbins
05-31-2023, 08:33 PM
Honestly, the main reason I want a new server is so that I can level up with everyone else and not feel like I'm always so far behind gear-wise.

branamil
05-31-2023, 08:41 PM
Post a bug on TAKP forums: Fixed within a week, despite having 2 more entire expansions of content to deal with https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/bandage-guaranteed-client-crash.20390/

Post a bug on P99 Forums: You're lucky if you get it viewed within 9 YEARS https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3606335#post3606335

Zwieback
06-01-2023, 05:02 AM
merge them all and dont launch a new one. This game isnt made for 800 people. World is dead compared to classic. Only twinks and boxers left. Give the world some life back, its dead.

Coridan
06-01-2023, 09:24 AM
I'd be willing to try a TLP if it didn't have Krono or new Nektulos/Toxx etc

Toxigen
06-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Merge and rotate the ZEMs. Make P99 great again.

Enderenter
06-01-2023, 10:21 AM
merge them all and dont launch a new one. This game isnt made for 800 people. World is dead compared to classic. Only twinks and boxers left. Give the world some life back, its dead.

A new server would have a much higher population than 800 people. There's nearly 2000 people between green and blue as it is now, in prime times. (granted some % of those may be playing both).

Zalora
06-02-2023, 03:38 PM
Is there a reason why the staff is refusing to even talk about Green 2.0?

Gustoo
06-02-2023, 07:06 PM
Honestly, the main reason I want a new server is so that I can level up with everyone else and not feel like I'm always so far behind gear-wise.

You’re always gunna be behind gear wise. Don’t worry about it. The game is stuck at an expansion 3 years into the game timeline so you’ve got time to catch up. If you play, you will progress.

spoil
06-02-2023, 08:33 PM
I'd be willing to try a TLP if it didn't have Krono

Well, that's never going to happen. But TLP also has a cash shop where you can buy any buff or experience bonus, neverending expansion releases to make all your gear grinding obsolete and by popular demand free-trade so every item in the game can be acquired through RMT.

I tried playing on Mischief, the most popular TLP ever and it's way more pay-to-win than the modern MMO I'm playing. And I left in Kunark, I didn't even get to the point where everyone is boxing and using mercs and all that.

Dualform
06-04-2023, 08:00 PM

THIS..!

Swish
06-05-2023, 02:10 AM
Is there a reason why the staff is refusing to even talk about Green 2.0?

Like with the first green server and Velious releasing on blue server...it'll happen when they announce it's happening. Until then the endless threads just build more thirst :)

BigGgoods
06-06-2023, 07:08 AM
merge blue and green. make a new TLP.