PDA

View Full Version : What motivates VQ, Riot, Gravity, and GOML?

long.liam
05-20-2023, 09:58 PM
Having done a little bit raiding in semi-casual raiding guilds, I'm curious what motivates people in the Hardcore raiding guilds? Raiding, from my experience, is the most boring, aggravating, part of classic EQ, especially here on P99. What drives people to spend days sitting in 1 spot to wait for something to spawn, at a slim chance of enough guildies showing up in time to kill it and having enough DKP to outbid everyone else in your guild. I enjoy my sleep too much to spend 24hrs awake trying to get some rare mob to spawn. Why do they find this fun? I would rather roll a new naked toon and level up again than spend a significant amount of time trying to do this. Also, all of the cheating and exploiting of certain parts of the game suggest that the hardcore raiding guilds actually don't want fair competition. Why then do they say that they do? I'm very confused by the people that play in those guilds.

Ekco
05-20-2023, 10:03 PM
so they can post "sorry you don't got" in response to posts like yours

long.liam
05-20-2023, 10:20 PM

Okay?

magnetaress
05-20-2023, 10:28 PM
super serious mental health awareness trigger warning A u t i s m aka neurodivergence (*note there are both pros and cons to being autistic so a whole-istic approach is best (don't be so negative or such a downer about it! (Big sweaty bob from fight club hugs)))

long.liam
05-20-2023, 10:32 PM

How do I even respond to this? It doesn't even annoy me. More like, " oh Look another Idiot." I mean the whole" Sorry you don't, hope this help." Response is pretty much the most overused meme here in RNF. It's not even creative at this point, just mimicking other idiots that just repeat it. How about instead of parroting others, actually being honest about what makes you want to raid in whatever guild you're in. I'm actually legitimately curious about it, I'm not trying to be a jackass, I just want to understand what drives people to do this?

long.liam
05-20-2023, 10:44 PM
super serious mental health awareness trigger warning A u t i s m aka neurodivergence (*note there are both pros and cons to being autistic so a whole-istic approach is best (don't be so negative or such a downer about it! (Big sweaty bob from fight club hugs)))

Are you saying that everyone in these guilds is on the Autism spectrum? Or is this a pretty insult you projected towards me, because your tiny ego feels triggered by my questioning of what most normal people would considered quite bizarre behavior?

magnetaress
05-20-2023, 11:00 PM
Both?

long.liam
05-20-2023, 11:07 PM
Both?

Lol, I guess at least your admitting it. Remember that admitting your bad behavior is the 1st step to becoming a better person.

Ekco
05-20-2023, 11:10 PM
How do I even respond to this?

idk, accept the fact other people are going to play video games differently than you and move the fuck on?

there is like 100+ other servers available for those not willing to deal with the way this server handles raids

hope this helps.

magnetaress
05-20-2023, 11:14 PM
I'm always trying :)

You know what. It's all gravy. These games are great for certain folks. It really is a good thing for them. And I wish them more of what they seem to enjoy.

I don't think the raid scene is really right for you tho. You're on the first step to like making EQ art instead or writing a table top module now that you see it. Which is good also.

long.liam
05-20-2023, 11:30 PM
idk, accept the fact other people are going to play video games differently than you and move the fuck on?

there is like 100+ other servers available for those not willing to deal with the way this server handles raids

hope this helps.

I don't question that people do play it differently than me. Just want to know why they enjoying playing the game the way they do. The whole "Fair Competition" still doesn't make sense though, because it's quite clear there is a lot of cheating and exploiting that is going on in the raid scene. You would think given all the cheating that they be more in favor of a system that makes the raid scene easier and more approachable for everyone, including them. Instead they want the facade of "Fair Competition", but the reality of cheating and exploitation. Just really bizarre to me. Also, I would like understand why people think "poopsocking" is fun.

long.liam
05-20-2023, 11:32 PM
I'm always trying :)

You know what. It's all gravy. These games are great for certain folks. It really is a good thing for them. And I wish them more of what they seem to enjoy.

I don't think the raid scene is really right for you tho. You're on the first step to like making EQ art instead or writing a table top module now that you see it. Which is good also.

You might be right. If I didn't have a few close friends and family that play in guilds, I don't think I would ever been in one. In fact, If not for some close relationships, I would not even play on this server. Live or pretty much any modern MMO would be more my speed if my situation was different.

wuanahto
05-21-2023, 12:55 AM
After 2004 there are a fuckton of MMOs out there that cater to people who want without effort.
Warcraft
Star Wars Galaxies
City of Heroes
Final Fantasy 14

The list can go on but my point is made.

The real question here is what drives a person to sit back, be proud of being casual for over 2 decades and expect shit to happen?

long.liam
05-21-2023, 01:13 AM
After 2004 there are a fuckton of MMOs out there that cater to people who want without effort.
Warcraft
Star Wars Galaxies
City of Heroes
Final Fantasy 14

The list can go on but my point is made.

The real question here is what drives a person to sit back, be proud of being casual for over 2 decades and expect shit to happen?

That's a oddly antagonistic post, considering I only asked a little question. Were you directing this at me? At what point did say "I'm proud to be a casual"? I suppose if you were to ask what motivates me play, I would say I enjoy spending my spare time in between my work shifts getting a little xp or winning an item here or there. Giving my limited amount of spare time to play, I like to be rewarded at least decently well for my time. Mostly I enjoy this game only because my friends play here. I don't play to revive some kind of strange feelings from childhood or anything. I would like to ask, what drives you to play here? Why do like spending hours poopsocking? What do you feel about the cheating in the raid scene? What would be wrong with making the game a bit more accessible to people who have less time play in your mature, adult opinion? I'm assuming your an adult because this game is 24 years old, so it's unlikely your a toddler, even though quite a few people act like little kids here.

wuanahto
05-21-2023, 01:45 AM
Instead of facing my own personal problem I will pretend to be a victim.

While I understand doing that is popular by todays real world youth groups you cannot think like this if you wish to advance as a human.

So let me approach this another way. What will you do if you do get said loot?
Or to look at this simpler, what will you do once your carrot on a stick, has no stick?

The carrot will lose meaning. This is why you are not playing Warcraft. Molten Core loot does not mean anything to do. This is why you do not play Star Wars Galaxies, Genonosian, Krayt weapons do not mean anything to you.

Everquest loot means something to you. But you lack the willpower to try.

long.liam
05-21-2023, 01:54 AM
While I understand doing that is popular by todays real world youth groups you cannot think like this if you wish to advance as a human.

So let me approach this another way. What will you do if you do get said loot?
Or to look at this simpler, what will you do once your carrot on a stick, has no stick?

The carrot will lose meaning. This is why you are not playing Warcraft. Molten Core loot does not mean anything to do. This is why you do not play Star Wars Galaxies, Genonosian, Krayt weapons do not mean anything to you.

Everquest loot means something to you. But you lack the willpower to try.

I didn't say anything about being a Victim. Are you okay? I keep asking you questions, but instead of answering them directly you resort to red herrings and trying distract from the actual subject at hand. What does any of what you just have anything to do with the question I asked? I never once said we should just make the game extremely easy and everything easy to obtain. Me not playing this game and that game has no bearing why or why we shouldn't change the the end game raid scene. These are all red herring arguments. Please address the question directly or don't bother responding. Why do you think making the raid scene more accessible for people with limited playing time would be a bad thing? Not why we shouldn't make the server give handouts every chance you get, but why you shouldn't make it possible for someone who has limited play time to eventually get raid items?

branamil
05-21-2023, 02:22 AM
40% have sunk cost fallacy and 60% have some sort of physical or mental disability. Next question ?

long.liam
05-21-2023, 02:57 AM
40% have sunk cost fallacy and 60% have some sort of physical or mental disability. Next question ?

That's probably an accurate assessment. Some people's behavior makes me wonder if maybe there real life is not very good. Perhaps they get some kind of pleasure out how trying to lord over other people the loot that they managed to get by having a lot of free time to spend playing an old game. It would be really funny if it wasn't so sad. I'm still curious though to some other perspectives. Is anyone who happens to actually have healthy well adjusted real life, they raids in one these guilds, that can give me their perspective on it?

wuanahto
05-21-2023, 04:49 AM
I didn't say anything about being a Victim.

Because no one ever comes out and say "I AM THE VICTIM" here unless it was directed by a Wayans Brother.

This thread was your awakening. No one agrees with you. Hard facts are thrown at you at all directions. But you keep deflecting. Once you find out that getting endgame loot was the game it would diminish 20+ years of you being being a fox saying grapes are dumb.

Humans... humans dont live as long as you think we do. 20 years of tutorial missions, 20 years of living, 20 years of nursing homes or on your way to a nursing home. And for those 20 years you wanted NTOV loot not knowing that once you have it, thats it. Between conflicting resolutions and an ending you didnt think about until my posts you want to not be on that hospital bed thinking about a net-like cape.

Goodbye, good luck, and leave me out of the suicide note.

long.liam
05-21-2023, 05:43 AM
Because no one ever comes out and say "I AM THE VICTIM" here unless it was directed by a Wayans Brother.

This thread was your awakening. No one agrees with you. Hard facts are thrown at you at all directions. But you keep deflecting. Once you find out that getting endgame loot was the game it would diminish 20+ years of you being being a fox saying grapes are dumb.

Humans... humans dont live as long as you think we do. 20 years of tutorial missions, 20 years of living, 20 years of nursing homes or on your way to a nursing home. And for those 20 years you wanted NTOV loot not knowing that once you have it, thats it. Between conflicting resolutions and an ending you didnt think about until my posts you want to not be on that hospital bed thinking about a net-like cape.

Goodbye, good luck, and leave me out of the suicide note.

There you go again, resorting to more red herrings instead of logical arguments. At this point I would say you're not worth replying to anymore. I would like to hear from mature adults. Nothing you have said so far has suggested that you are either of those.

long.liam
05-21-2023, 06:12 AM
You know its funny part the reason I posted this thread was because I was actually considering joining one of these 4 hardcore raiding guilds. I mean, I am also curious what motivates people to play in this raid scene, but I also would like to know the kind of people that I would be around if I joined one of these guilds. I hope that the few people that have replied so far is not a accurate representation on the type of people I would be around if I joined one of these guilds, because so far a lot posters have been quite unpleasant to me.

Duik
05-21-2023, 06:40 AM
It's called distillation. Over the years, the meaning of hardcore raider has morphed. Now, its largely only the most antagonistic over achievers (in the p99 universe) that can survive the diseased version of raiding available here.
Dont get me wrong, some here may in fact be the CEO i have my own time to play as i please types.
Most, sadly are just so good at everquesting that they cannot give it up. Its their way to tell everyone they were the high school quaterback, (and still are).
Also, every technique has been mastered and the only advantage to be gained between the "top guilds" is who cheats/lawyerquests the best.
Also also, im glad I dont got.

long.liam
05-21-2023, 07:42 AM
It's called distillation. Over the years, the meaning of hardcore raider has morphed. Now, its largely only the most antagonistic over achievers (in the p99 universe) that can survive the diseased version of raiding available here.
Dont get me wrong, some here may in fact be the CEO i have my own time to play as i please types.
Most, sadly are just so good at everquesting that they cannot give it up. Its their way to tell everyone they were the high school quaterback, (and still are).
Also, every technique has been mastered and the only advantage to be gained between the "top guilds" is who cheats/lawyerquests the best.
Also also, im glad I dont got.

Unfortunately you may be correct on this. I may try joining one of these guilds just to see what it is like, but I pretty low expectations at this point.

magnetaress
05-21-2023, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately you may be correct on this. I may try joining one of these guilds just to see what it is like, but I pretty low expectations at this point.

U won't be able to app now that u made OPs post.

Also don't pick the wrong one or thats four years of your life wasted! <3 ;):cool: :p :o

Videri
05-21-2023, 09:39 AM
• Forum posters are not representative of the playerbase.
• You’re going to meet a lot of great people in every guild, as well as a few people with issues.
• As to the initial post, people don’t get into it for the poopsocking and idol-farming and tracking hours and having to video record raids so you have evidence of opposing guilds’ wrongdoing. Those are all things you adapt to in order to help your team.
• It starts with wanting an item (maybe your epic) or an experience (killing dragons/gods, seeing a high-end zone like VP), and then you learn just what that requires on P99. But also you make friends, you help them with their quests and goals, and you develop a desire to see them succeed and have fun, and then you become willing to do what that takes: he’ll level a guild bot character, switching to a cleric for this fight, becoming an officer and spending hours inviting people/restocking mules/handing out guild bank resources…

Helpful? Clarity? Followup questions?

Videri
05-21-2023, 09:40 AM
Wrote it with one hand (the other is around my sleeping girlfriend). Sorry. No idea why the word “he’ll” is in there.

Videri
05-21-2023, 09:55 AM
Also - did you post this in Rants and Flames? Why, in the name of Brell? That’s part of the reason you’ve got trolls. Some people read forums by section. Or perhaps this post was moved here by mods after a couple people took dumps in it.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-21-2023, 10:03 AM
You know its funny part the reason I posted this thread was because I was actually considering joining one of these 4 hardcore raiding guilds. I mean, I am also curious what motivates people to play in this raid scene, but I also would like to know the kind of people that I would be around if I joined one of these guilds. I hope that the few people that have replied so far is not a accurate representation on the type of people I would be around if I joined one of these guilds, because so far a lot posters have been quite unpleasant to me.

What a second.

Have you ever been in an attendance mandatory 24 hour on-call during spawn targets competitive guild?

Oh dude. You gotta. It will change your whole outlook on life. Life changing experience. Time starts to "evaporate," is the best way to put it.
https://i.imgur.com/VIGTTZy.jpg

HOTEL

Videri
05-21-2023, 10:11 AM
This ^ is a fiction writer. And a damn good one. But 0% of his words are serious.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-21-2023, 10:13 AM
Wrote it with one hand (the other is around my sleeping girlfriend). Sorry. No idea why the word “he’ll” is in there.

Power move there, Cotton

Rager and Quitter
05-21-2023, 11:19 AM
I never really did raid on EQ after years and years of playing off and on. My highest, 58 sham on Blue, I raided hate once, sky twice, and fear once, and that's it. I never got any loot besides 1 sky quest piece and my shammy epic (that I actually paid FoH for). The problem is that there are somehow a lot of people that, for whatever reason, are able to play 16 hours per day, so competing with that in order to see content I never got to see is pretty much impossible. It just is what it is. With a family, a career, and hobbies, raiding is a thing I should have done back when I was a teenager or college student with far fewer responsibilities. Oh well, I guess if I ever care to, I'll just watch the raids on YouTube and that'll be the closest I get.

Diziet
05-21-2023, 11:37 AM

For once Jib is actually right.

Tnair
05-21-2023, 11:50 AM
Ignoring the salt being thrown at you from all directions (""hard facts"" lol ok), I have a little answer to your little question:

I hate camping overall, it's boring and I'd rather like faction by collecting skeleton chips than wait at Hadden spawn for 48 hours. HOWEVER once I got used to the speed of assembly and stopped getting left behind and confused in chasing raid targets, it started to get more fun. Mostly it's fun not because of drops but because (unlike all following mmorpgs) the raids in Everquest are 100% player invented. There's no streamlined expected correct strategy because it wasn't designed that way, people just show up and entirely self-organize and self-teach and create tools and maps to explain the strategy, and brainstorm about new ways it could be done and you end up with 80+ people flying around Great Divide with levitate and bard speed, descending upon groups of 10 giants that would each just destroy you individually and together you crush them in a display of coordination that would be terrifying if used against you.

Basically because it's kinda fun, totally desperate from ""winning"" some imaginary epeen contest. Get some alcohol of your preference and it becomes a fun way to spend a few hours. It doesn't sound like most of the salty replies are from people who enjoy anything about it besides feeling superior to others.....

magnetaress
05-21-2023, 02:41 PM
What a second.

Have you ever been in an attendance mandatory 24 hour on-call during spawn targets competitive guild?

Oh dude. You gotta. It will change your whole outlook on life. Life changing experience. Time starts to "evaporate," is the best way to put it.
https://i.imgur.com/VIGTTZy.jpg

HOTEL

this is beautiful

Lewkeng
05-21-2023, 06:51 PM
never understood why anyone cares what people do with their time lol

long.liam
05-21-2023, 07:47 PM
never understood why anyone cares what people do with their time lol

The same reason people watch National Geographic. It's intriguing to see how other groups of human beings live. It can be entertaining, enlightening, educating, and very informative. I'm intrigued by why people would put themselves through the shit show that they have created for themselves.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-21-2023, 08:29 PM
The same reason people watch National Geographic. It's intriguing to see how other groups of human beings live. It can be entertaining, enlightening, educating, and very informative. I'm intrigued by why people would put themselves through the shit show that they have created for themselves.

You are not getting the point. It's not a shit show. Let's try this again.

This is your mind:
https://i.imgur.com/ek87egw.png

But you don't get it yet.

radda
05-21-2023, 08:45 PM
cause it's fun, it's fun doing bad things

Videri
05-21-2023, 09:10 PM

What's your highest level character on P99?

long.liam
05-21-2023, 09:10 PM
What's your highest level character on P99?

Videri
05-21-2023, 09:16 PM

Oh! I was going to say: once you hit level 60 and gain some items and plat in groups or through solo farming, and you start to hit the ceiling of what you can get via solo or grouping, you might venture into raiding (but maybe you already have). Then, once you do a few dozen raids and collect the low-hanging fruit (like Plane of Sky's easier items, some Thurg or PoGrowth armor, maybe Halls of Testing armor), you might venture into stuff where you have to park a character and await a batphone (most of the epics require this), and there you are socking like the big dogs. Only question is when that batphone rings, do you wipe your butt before running to the computer.

long.liam
05-21-2023, 09:20 PM
Oh! I was going to say: once you hit level 60 and gain some items and plat in groups or through solo farming, and you start to hit the ceiling of what you can get via solo or grouping, you might venture into raiding (but maybe you already have). Then, once you do a few dozen raids and collect the low-hanging fruit (like Plane of Sky's easier items, some Thurg or PoGrowth armor, maybe Halls of Testing armor), you might venture into stuff where you have to park a character and await a batphone (most of the epics require this), and there you are socking like the big dogs. Only question is when that batphone rings, do you wipe your butt before running to the computer.

I have done this stuff in few semi-casual raiding guilds. I just haven't actually been in any of the Hardcore raiding guilds. I'm not 100% sure I want too be in any of them, but I might try it anyway, just be able to say yeah I did that once.

Videri
05-21-2023, 09:21 PM
Having done a little bit raiding in semi-casual raiding guilds, I'm curious what motivates people in the Hardcore raiding guilds?

They've gotten all the loot they can get with the casual guilds.

Or they tire of the clumsiness of a "lots of noobs" environment and want to be in an "elites only" environment.

Videri
05-21-2023, 09:23 PM
I have done this stuff in few semi-casual raiding guilds. I just haven't actually been in any of the Hardcore raiding guilds. I'm not 100% sure I want too be in any of them, but I might try it anyway, just be able to say yeah I did that once.

I totally think you should join one. There are a few bad apples in almost any bunch. Most people will be cool and normal, or weird but smart. Maybe you'll get the bug. And worst case, you can just leave.

long.liam
05-21-2023, 09:26 PM
I totally think you should join one. There are a few bad apples in almost any bunch. Most people will be cool and normal, or weird but smart. Maybe you'll get the bug. And worst case, you can just leave.

Yeah that's true, but the 1st raid leader that chews me up for missing a CH on a CH chain, I'm Q'ing out.

Naethyn
05-21-2023, 09:26 PM
It’s a community and it’s fun to participate.

long.liam
05-21-2023, 10:55 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.meme-arsenal.com%2Fen%2Fcreate%2Fmeme%2F4173717&psig=AOvVaw3OIHSX-ql7mZ2fRqx0ibgX&ust=1684810471564000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjRxqFwoTCNiCqKj2h_8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

long.liam
05-21-2023, 10:56 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.meme-arsenal.com%2Fen%2Fcreate%2Fmeme%2F4173717&psig=AOvVaw3OIHSX-ql7mZ2fRqx0ibgX&ust=1684810471564000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjRxqFwoTCNiCqKj2h_8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

long.liam
05-21-2023, 10:57 PM
http://www.meme-arsenal.com/en/create/meme/4173717

long.liam
05-21-2023, 10:58 PM
Can we not post Gifs in RNF? I tried to post a GIF and it's not working.

Videri
05-22-2023, 12:46 AM
https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/034916bd0420373fd524672bf1d34907.jpg

long.liam
05-22-2023, 02:12 AM
https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/034916bd0420373fd524672bf1d34907.jpg

Hmm. I wonder What I did wrong?

Arvan
05-22-2023, 02:12 AM
Having done a little bit raiding in semi-casual raiding guilds, I'm curious what motivates people in the Hardcore raiding guilds? Raiding, from my experience, is the most boring, aggravating, part of classic EQ, especially here on P99. What drives people to spend days sitting in 1 spot to wait for something to spawn, at a slim chance of enough guildies showing up in time to kill it and having enough DKP to outbid everyone else in your guild. I enjoy my sleep too much to spend 24hrs awake trying to get some rare mob to spawn. Why do they find this fun? I would rather roll a new naked toon and level up again than spend a significant amount of time trying to do this. Also, all of the cheating and exploiting of certain parts of the game suggest that the hardcore raiding guilds actually don't want fair competition. Why then do they say that they do? I'm very confused by the people that play in those guilds.

Mental illness mixed with sunk cost fallacy

long.liam
05-22-2023, 02:16 AM
Mental illness mixed with sunk cost fallacy

Yep, more than likely. Although, some people have suggested that they may actually be real into the high stress playstyle. Personality A. types, I guess? Or Sociopaths maybe? I don't know.

long.liam
05-22-2023, 02:18 AM
I myself am more a Personality C or D than a A, but I don't know maybe just lots of crazies here? Shrug*

Videri
05-22-2023, 03:25 AM
Yep, more than likely. Although, some people have suggested that they may actually be real into the high stress playstyle. Personality A. types, I guess? Or Sociopaths maybe? I don't know.

I wouldn’t judge these people before you meet them.

Some sweet and conscientious people in my guild do some sweaty, hardcore wall-watching. I believe it’s loyalty to the cause.

long.liam
05-22-2023, 03:46 AM
I wouldn’t judge these people before you meet them.

Some sweet and conscientious people in my guild do some sweaty, hardcore wall-watching. I believe it’s loyalty to the cause.

I'm not judging anyone at this point, just speculating. I haven't really had the chance to meet enough of them to make an accurate assessment of what kind of people they are. To be fair most of my individual experiences with Riot and VQ members have been relatively pleasant with only a few exceptions maybe. However, GOML kind of seems like maybe a Troll guild. I'm not sure what to make of them.

Bardp1999
05-22-2023, 12:25 PM
Friendly reminder that Velious was beaten on Day 1 in Kunark gear

Confit
05-22-2023, 12:28 PM
I'm not judging anyone at this point, just speculating. I haven't really had the chance to meet enough of them to make an accurate assessment of what kind of people they are. To be fair most of my individual experiences with Riot and VQ members have been relatively pleasant with only a few exceptions maybe. However, GOML kind of seems like maybe a Troll guild. I'm not sure what to make of them.

Definitely not a troll guild, more like a change of pace guild but it is funny to see people take things like 150 vindi concessions seriously. Right now we are building our foundation and gearing up our new recruits. Most of us are ex-raiders who like to have fun and help people out. It's really refreshing to kill things with 1/5 the numbers of the bigger guilds.

Smoofers
05-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Sorry you don't got the basic drive to improve yourself and acquire treasure.

RolonRolon
05-31-2023, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't worry much about the "sorry you don't got" crowd.

When I hit 60, I joined Kittens because I wanted to finally slay some big bad dragons. We slew the big bad dragons and I wear the trophies of my success. I'm more powerful now and enjoy trying to solo some mobs that used to take a whole group, or even two, to beat before. Sometimes it's fun to help others too.

enjchanter
06-02-2023, 10:20 AM
using your raid gear in group content is the only reason to bother raiding

raiding is easier than it looks, all you have to do is farm idols and scepters while ur at work and add urself to the logs. Then you never have to raid and you get all of the loot, its perfect

Toxigen
06-02-2023, 10:38 AM
using your raid gear in group content is the only reason to bother raiding

raiding is easier than it looks, all you have to do is farm idols and scepters while ur at work and add urself to the logs. Then you never have to raid and you get all of the loot, its perfect

this is the way