PDA

View Full Version : Since we want this to be as classic as possible!

Abacab
03-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Rogues used to be able to steal magic items, if I recall there was a fiasco back in the day about a rogue pickpocketing Lord Nagafen's loot table by sneaking into the lair when the giants were cleared.

Now the old ruleset for pickpocketing stated as long as it is not NO-DROP or held in the mobs hands (such as a weapon) it could be pickpocketed, it was changed around Kunark when the epic note could be lifted and magic items could not anymore

I really do want the ability to sneak into guk and walk out with 30k in gear with no effort just like in classic, I want the ability to hold raid mobs at ransom and blackmail entire guilds of people with threats of future pickpocketing

After all I am a rogue! Stealing, blackmailing, and extortion it's all in the days work!

So make this like REAL classic and fix pickpocketing to it's pre-nerf status so I can go jack me a FBSS from some poor level 50 camping up his fourth round of 12k

Finawin
03-12-2010, 07:38 AM
It's classic!

Kuldiin
03-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Also take out notifications so I can ninja loot corpses then go 'oh it was empty'

Tryfaen
03-12-2010, 08:01 AM
I am all for rogues being able to pickpocket magic items.

Abacab
03-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Also take out notifications so I can ninja loot corpses then go 'oh it was empty'

http://www.printedclothing.com/contents/media/pc609%20thats%20what%20i%27m%20talkin%20about.jpg

Rogues need to be rogues, not walking daggers with chiseled beards and abs of steel!

Abacab
03-12-2010, 08:03 AM
I am all for rogues being able to pickpocket magic items.

Wanna spend a few days lguk/solb cleaning house?

Kinamur1999
03-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Its not fair that rogues can steal magic items.

What im saying is only casters should be allowed to farm any items worthwhile, if we let rogues start being able to farm magical items there will be an actual melee class thats on par with casters on something.

I feel that if we are going to keep this game classic we need to keep the melee down! remove pickpocket entirely, lower all melee skill caps because I once saw a ranger outdps an enc THAT IS NOT RIGHT!!!

(sarcastic caster rant,done)

This needs to be put in, not only was it classic but it never should have been removed.

NotInventedHere
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
ooh boy a whine thread about non classic things.

like 7 day res timer instead of 2 hour
like rogues having evade already, when it wasn't put in until about a month before kunark came out.
like monks not having insta clicky ch on treant fists.

Thinking about it, I find it funny that of all the rage about global ooc, hardly anyone has mentioned 7 day res timers, which alters actual gameplay more.

Finawin
03-12-2010, 12:16 PM
This thread is a joke, genius. How's that MENSA membership treating you?

Res timers are already on the dev's radar for obvious reasons.

Specific times of when certain things were given in classic, except content, really are irrelevant.

NotInventedHere
03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
seriousposting in an r&f thread, my mensa membership is working as well as your irony detection

Trimm
03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Priorities.

Being able to PP magic items would be great, but it only benefits the what, 30 or so current level 50 rogues on the server. I'd much rather the development team be coding Kunark & PoSky, fixing quest scripts, correcting spawns and squashing any bugs still surfacing. I know this is a throw-away thread, but that's the answer.

Although on the other hand, the QQ threads about all the mobs in Mistmoore, SolB and Guk having empty loot tables would be pretty epic.

Finawin
03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
30 level 50 rogues? I think you exaggerate a bit lol

Trimm
03-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah you're probably right. Ok the 12 rogues :)

Abacab
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah you're probably right. Ok the 12 rogues :)

More like 6 bro

Pikle
03-12-2010, 08:01 PM
haha I know 6 at least myself!

Tryfaen
03-12-2010, 08:02 PM
[50 Rogue] Tryfaen (Wood Elf) <Fish Bait>
[50 Rogue] Karadin (Dwarf) <Transcendence>
[50 Rogue] Hasbinbad (Dwarf) <Inglourious Basterds>
[50 Rogue] Pahn (Barbarian) <Divinity>
[50 Rogue] Hethan (Half Elf) <Crimson Coalition>
[50 Rogue] Trimm (Dark Elf) <Divinity>
* Guide *[50 Rogue] Drommund (Dwarf) ZONE: cshome
[50 Rogue] Chronos (Halfling) <Transcendence>
[50 Rogue] Drexen (Dwarf) <Transcendence>
[50 Rogue] Stonewall (Dwarf) <Inglourious Basterds>
[50 Rogue] Supreme (Halfling) <Transcendence>

This is all the rogues that have shown up on my /who at some point without RP/anon since I started logs on jan 1.

Dr.Spike
03-12-2010, 11:29 PM

This is all the rogues that have shown up on my /who at some point without RP/anon since I started logs on jan 1.

im not on that list and as far i know im lvl 50 Rogue,i have seen many 40+ rogues when running around, so i think its around 15 40+ rogues on this server

Hasbinbad
03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Your list is incomplete.

Icecometus
03-13-2010, 04:52 AM
[50 Rogue] Shankton (Barbarian) <Divinity> ;) quite possibly the first Barb rogue to 50 on the server...

Pikle
03-14-2010, 07:33 AM
haha hasbin, I love how he said "This is all the rogues that have shown up on my /who at some point without RP/anon since I started logs on jan 1." But you still had to tell him he didn't have a complete list. Was this just to up your post count or are you that big of an asshole? Just wondering honestly. Calling out someone for no reason! Hasbinbad has that shit down to a science I tell ya!

Ghesta
03-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Too small, didn't read.

Hasbinbad
03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
haha hasbin, I love how he said "This is all the rogues that have shown up on my /who at some point without RP/anon since I started logs on jan 1." But you still had to tell him he didn't have a complete list. Was this just to up your post count or are you that big of an asshole? Just wondering honestly. Calling out someone for no reason! Hasbinbad has that shit down to a science I tell ya!
So exactly what is it about my nuts that you love so much? It seems like I can't change the channel on my TV without you bugging me a half a dozen times to lick my scrot dude. That shit is getting old. I know you like it when I teabag your face bro, but seriously there is only so much tonguebath my balls can take in a day.

So please. With all due respect to your teste-licking skills. Raise up off deez nutz.

Tryfaen
03-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Your list is incomplete.

You are right, I excluded rogues below level 50 who have shown up in my logs, but the discussion was about level 50 rogues. I'm sorry I did not put that qualifier in my post.

If you meant that my list did not have ALL level 50 rogues listed, of course it didn't I clearly stated that it only had ones that have shown up at some point in my /who without anon/roleplay on.

Ronnie555
03-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Its not fair that rogues can steal magic items.

What im saying is only casters should be allowed to farm any items worthwhile, if we let rogues start being able to farm magical items there will be an actual melee class thats on par with casters on something.

I feel that if we are going to keep this game classic we need to keep the melee down! remove pickpocket entirely, lower all melee skill caps because I once saw a ranger outdps an enc THAT IS NOT RIGHT!!!

(sarcastic caster rant,done)

This needs to be put in, not only was it classic but it never should have been removed.

good post.. nothing needs to be added. just quoted cause it's damn good

Deanob
03-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Rogues used to be able to steal magic items, if I recall there was a fiasco back in the day about a rogue pickpocketing Lord Nagafen's loot table by sneaking into the lair when the giants were cleared.

Now the old ruleset for pickpocketing stated as long as it is not NO-DROP or held in the mobs hands (such as a weapon) it could be pickpocketed, it was changed around Kunark when the epic note could be lifted and magic items could not anymore

I really do want the ability to sneak into guk and walk out with 30k in gear with no effort just like in classic, I want the ability to hold raid mobs at ransom and blackmail entire guilds of people with threats of future pickpocketing

After all I am a rogue! Stealing, blackmailing, and extortion it's all in the days work!

So make this like REAL classic and fix pickpocketing to it's pre-nerf status so I can go jack me a FBSS from some poor level 50 camping up his fourth round of 12k

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x294/sixfourtykilo/2i2bmv8.gif

runlvlzero
10-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Rogues should be able to steal the shirt of players backs.

Rhambuk
10-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Hows.. whats your server called again toop?