PDA

View Full Version : ChatGPT-4 does Modern EQ Raiding

Jafir
04-13-2023, 07:15 PM
Game: Timeless Homage

In Timeless Homage, we pay tribute to the classic EverQuest experience while introducing modern elements to ensure a healthier gaming environment for all players, without instancing private copies of bosses or dungeons. Our raid boss system, the "Ascended Cycle", is designed to reward a broader range of players without giving too much advantage to those who can spend excessive time in the game.

Ascended Cycle System:

Raid Scheduling: Each raid boss in Timeless Homage follows a pre-determined schedule, spawning on a rotation that cycles through different time slots over the course of several weeks. This ensures that players from different time zones and with different schedules have a fair opportunity to participate in raid encounters. Bosses will have a 72-hour respawn timer, with the spawn times rotating through a variety of time slots.

Raid Lockout: Upon defeating a raid boss, players will receive a 7-day lockout for that specific boss. This lockout prevents players from engaging in that boss encounter again until the lockout expires. The lockout is applied on a per-character basis, encouraging players to join and assist other guilds or form new alliances while they're locked out from their primary raid target.

Claim Window: Once a raid boss spawns, a 30-minute "Claim Window" begins. During this window, any guild that has at least 10 members present can register their intent to claim the boss by interacting with a nearby "Ascended Beacon". After the 30-minute window, the system will randomly select one of the registered guilds and grant them exclusive rights to engage the boss for the next 2 hours. This "Raid Lottery" system ensures that every guild has a fair chance at claiming a boss, regardless of their playtime.

Raid Scaling: Boss encounters will scale dynamically based on the number of players participating in the fight. This scaling system will ensure that smaller guilds can still tackle raid content without needing a full 40-player raid team, while larger groups will face a proportionally challenging encounter.

Shared Raid Rewards: To promote cooperation and reduce toxicity, each boss will have a "Community Reward Pool" in addition to their standard loot table. The Community Reward Pool will contain a variety of valuable items, such as high-quality gear, crafting materials, and unique cosmetic items. Every guild that registered during the Claim Window will receive a share of the Community Reward Pool, even if they were not selected to engage the boss. This system incentivizes guilds to participate in the raid ecosystem and fosters a sense of camaraderie among the player base.

Public Raid Events: In addition to the scheduled boss spawns, Timeless Homage will feature dynamic public raid events that are open to all players, regardless of guild affiliation or raid lockouts. These events will encourage cooperation and offer unique rewards, including rare mounts and exclusive cosmetic items.

By implementing the Ascended Cycle system, Timeless Homage will provide a fair and engaging raiding experience that pays homage to the classic EverQuest while addressing the concerns of modern MMORPG players. This system fosters cooperation, reduces toxicity, and ensures that players of all playstyles can enjoy the thrill of raid content.

In Timeless Homage, we introduce an additional feature called "Echoes of Defeat" to further promote healthy gameplay and cater to smaller groups of players. When a raid boss is defeated, the area surrounding the boss's location will be transformed into a temporary "Echo Zone" until the boss respawns.

Echo Zone Mechanics:

Echo Spawn: After a raid boss is defeated, new creatures called "Echoes" will spawn in the surrounding area. Echoes will be challenging elite enemies designed for smaller groups of 3-5 players. These creatures will spawn in waves, with their difficulty and rewards increasing progressively as players advance through the waves.

Echo Timer: The Echo Zone will remain active for a limited time, typically around 48 hours. Once the timer expires, the Echoes will vanish, and the area will return to its normal state until the raid boss respawns. This limited window of opportunity encourages players to explore and engage with the Echo Zone content.

Echo Rewards: Echoes will have a unique loot table consisting of valuable items such as high-quality gear, crafting materials, and collectibles. The rewards will be designed to complement, but not replace, the main raid boss loot table. By participating in Echo Zone content, smaller groups will still have access to meaningful rewards without needing to engage in large-scale raid encounters.

Echo Scaling: Similar to the raid scaling system, Echoes will dynamically scale their difficulty based on the number of players engaging them. This ensures that smaller groups will still face a challenge appropriate to their group size.

Echo Progress: Players will earn Echo Points for each wave of Echoes they defeat. These points can be used to unlock unique rewards, such as Echo-themed cosmetic items, titles, and achievements. This system encourages players to engage with the Echo Zone content repeatedly, rewarding them for their continued participation.

Echo Cooperation: To further promote cooperation and a sense of community, players who participated in the raid that defeated the boss will receive bonus Echo Points for each wave they complete in the Echo Zone. This encourages raid participants to continue playing with other members of their group and share their success with other players.

By introducing the Echoes of Defeat feature, Timeless Homage enriches its gameplay experience for smaller groups and solo players. This mechanic further promotes healthy behavior by providing engaging and rewarding content for players of all group sizes, fostering cooperation and a sense of camaraderie among the player base.

Dolalin
04-14-2023, 10:42 AM
I've actually been thinking about this a bit, and when the AI gets decent enough it will revolutionize bots on MMO EMUs. They'll be able to interact with you like a person would. As we all get older and populations dwindle, this might be the only way the classic EQ experience can survive in some form.

wuanahto
04-15-2023, 01:34 AM
I've actually been thinking about this a bit, and when the AI gets decent enough it will revolutionize bots on MMO EMUs. They'll be able to interact with you like a person would. As we all get older and populations dwindle, this might be the only way the classic EQ experience can survive in some form.

just skip a few steps and get a sexdoll

Trexller
04-15-2023, 04:39 AM
just skip a few steps and get a sexdoll

Yes, yes, give in to your pathetic sadness and hump a pile of silicone. Your parents must be so proud.

https://i.imgur.com/DKjd49t.jpg

wuanahto
04-15-2023, 05:23 AM
Yes, yes, give in to your pathetic sadness and hump a pile of silicone. Your parents must be so proud.

I cant remember the last time I sought my parents approval. But I do thank them every year for not circumcising me.

Toxigen
04-15-2023, 08:41 AM

https://i.imgur.com/DKjd49t.jpg

what the fuck lol

Trexller
04-15-2023, 07:21 PM
what the fuck lol

wuanahto owns that abomination, he posted it awhile back on his banned acct named Jauna

Ekco
04-15-2023, 08:42 PM
no firiona vie or other elf bots on beta.character.ai yet.. can erotica roleplay with Galadriel if you want though.

https://beta.character.ai/chat?char=RvmzquwzMeSFJZfiEsi15w-JxgYhN7N_kNTBMSBtE9g

azxten
04-19-2023, 06:19 PM

I was messing around with something like this but for game experience. Random quest NPCs that are populated to tell a story. So for example a "random" NPC could walk up to you in game and ask for help delivering muffins to their brother in Kaladim. If you accept it spawns the brother in Kaladim and gives you the muffins to deliver. Dynamically created quests like this. My problem is I like making fun stuff like this or getting classic boats working but I have no drive to do all the tedious work to fill in the classic world. Waiting on TAKP to open source but starting to think they never will.

Swish
04-29-2023, 09:41 PM
wuanahto owns that abomination, he posted it awhile back on his banned acct named Jauna

"Its not mine I swear lol"

Joshua21
06-15-2023, 02:46 PM
While ChatGPT (https://chatgptonline.co/) certainly excels in many aspects, it's important to note that no chatbot is perfect. There might be occasional instances where the responses are not ideal or require further clarification. However, OpenAI has made significant strides in addressing biases and improving the overall reliability of the model, making it a valuable tool for various applications.

Trexller
06-18-2023, 11:18 PM
While ChatGPT (https://chatgptonline.co/) certainly excels in many aspects, it's important to note that no chatbot is perfect. There might be occasional instances where the responses are not ideal or require further clarification. However, OpenAI has made significant strides in addressing biases and improving the overall reliability of the model, making it a valuable tool for various applications.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-03-2016/YfKsTQ.gif