PDA

View Full Version : A good modification to/list

magnetaress
04-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Make it weighted. So ppl on the list longer and participating in kills have a higher chance at loot. Still allow ppl on the bottom of the list to get loot. Let the variance be like 20%.

Tunabros
04-10-2023, 03:47 PM
mf rated his own thread

Smoofers
04-10-2023, 05:11 PM
Looks like I'm AFK spamming dots on my bard, boys

Ooloo
04-10-2023, 07:08 PM
People on the list longer already do have a higher chance at loot that's how it works by definition. As for having it weighted in favor of people helping clear mobs I have absolutely no idea how they would code that.

I did two guises and a rubi bp on green and there was never an issue with people not clearing mobs, it just works itself out. It actually had a very classic-in-spirit feel to it; most people were chill af and would actually socialize cause you're all stuck in this shitty scenario together.

Green 2.0 should have the exact same lists and they should work exactly the same as they did the first time.

magnetaress
04-10-2023, 08:17 PM
My way combats weirdos like castle front loading alts on 5000 throw away accounts while still respecting everyone's time on green 2.0.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Trexller
04-10-2023, 08:24 PM
even a miniscule chance for the 20th person on the list to receive the item is gonna piss off alot of people

how is this not obvious?

/list as implemented did suck, however one cannot argue against it's logic, first in line, first to receive, sorry you don't have free time

a total revamp of legacy loot is required, frankly legacy items simply should not exist

file this with the "I want luclin content" threads

this isn't the server for that

magnetaress
04-10-2023, 09:24 PM
Some ppl need to go through this rage about some casual interacting with them at a named and come out of the other side realizing it's nbd and #casualelflivesmattertoo

I agree. Legacy is nuts. Whatever server they merge green and red too should just have Legacy items forever. Or delete everything Legacy and prenerf on the megaserver old characters go to die on.

Arvan
04-11-2023, 01:39 AM
People on the list longer already do have a higher chance at loot that's how it works by definition. As for having it weighted in favor of people helping clear mobs I have absolutely no idea how they would code that.

I did two guises and a rubi bp on green and there was never an issue with people not clearing mobs, it just works itself out. It actually had a very classic-in-spirit feel to it; most people were chill af and would actually socialize cause you're all stuck in this shitty scenario together.

Green 2.0 should have the exact same lists and they should work exactly the same as they did the first time.

No

fortior
04-11-2023, 02:02 AM
sorry you don't got

loramin
04-11-2023, 11:00 AM
/list should be random: NOTHING in classic EQ rewarded you for sitting longer.

Solist
04-11-2023, 05:49 PM
Everything in EQ rewarded you for sitting longer. Its even in the name.

loramin
04-11-2023, 05:58 PM
Everything in EQ rewarded you for sitting longer. Its even in the name.

But it was never a guaranteed reward, the way /list is.

Solist
04-12-2023, 02:43 AM
But it was never a guaranteed reward, the way /list is.

/list is not guaranteed. Ask the dozens who failed camps after 30-40-50-60 hours straight, myself one of them at 56hrs, then a 14hr break and another 52hr camp.

The system sucks, and should be removed outright. Passing the camp off works fine, get better friends, play better and get there first etc.

magnetaress
04-12-2023, 02:53 AM
I'm definitely with Loramin on this one. Tho my way is the compromise.

The old way is insanity. Hope this helps!

Rager and Quitter
04-12-2023, 10:31 AM
Holy fucking shit, can you imagine playing a game for 56 hours straight? I'm impressed at how meaningless these people's lives are. And to think there are dozens of them is fucking wild.

In my mind I see a ratty, dirty, malnourished gamer sitting at an old, 2nd-hand desk they found by a dumpster. They're surrounded by beer and coke cans on the desk and stained and matted carpet. Their old dinning room chair doesn't match any other furniture in the shack mostly because they get what they can from the same dumpster. The buttons on the mouse have outlined grease and sweat grime where there fingers are nearly permanently stuck. The computer smells like burning ash from the amount of dust and smoke residue that sticks inside. The only time they lift their hands off the filthy keyboard (the WASD letters completely worn off) is to roll the glass dick back and forth, adding to the slightly burned discoloration on their lips as the meth smoke swirls past their decaying, yellow teeth and into their blackened, soot-covered lungs. They haven't shaved in weeks, and the bathtub is rusty from the constantly dripping faucet and mold that has been growing for years. They have 3 sets of clothes they random rotate every few weeks, not that they clean them, since they simply sit on the floor next to the old, dirt couch they occasionally crash on when they run out of meth. They only productive thing they do is RMT some random items they spend half their time grinding out to barely keep the electricity running and the section 8 rent paid.

magnetaress
04-12-2023, 10:39 AM
Holy fucking shit, can you imagine playing a game for 56 hours straight? I'm impressed at how meaningless these people's lives are. And to think there are dozens of them is fucking wild.

In my mind I see a ratty, dirty, malnourished gamer sitting at an old, 2nd-hand desk they found by a dumpster. They're surrounded by beer and coke cans on the desk and stained and matted carpet. Their old dinning room chair doesn't match any other furniture in the shack mostly because they get what they can from the same dumpster. The buttons on the mouse have outlined grease and sweat grime where there fingers are nearly permanently stuck. The computer smells like burning ash from the amount of dust and smoke residue that sticks inside. The only time they lift their hands off the filthy keyboard (the WASD letters completely worn off) is to roll the glass dick back and forth, adding to the slightly burned discoloration on their lips as the meth smoke swirls past their decaying, yellow teeth and into their blackened, soot-covered lungs. They haven't shaved in weeks, and the bathtub is rusty from the constantly dripping faucet and mold that has been growing for years. They have 3 sets of clothes they random rotate every few weeks, not that they clean them, since they simply sit on the floor next to the old, dirt couch they occasionally crash on when they run out of meth. They only productive thing they do is RMT some random items they spend half their time grinding out to barely keep the electricity running and the section 8 rent paid.
<3

loramin
04-12-2023, 10:56 AM
/list is not guaranteed. Ask the dozens who failed camps after 30-40-50-60 hours straight, myself one of them at 56hrs, then a 14hr break and another 52hr camp.

The system sucks, and should be removed outright. Passing the camp off works fine, get better friends, play better and get there first etc.

It absolutely is guaranteed, if you wait long enough. Meanwhile, on live, waiting that long was all but impossible: if technology limits didn't stop you, the GMs and camp dispute rules would have led to you having to roll off to keep the camp as soon as anyone else wanted it.

The list system is clearly more classic than no system at all ... but a randomized list instead of a "guaranteed if you wait" list would be even more classic.

magnetaress
04-12-2023, 04:45 PM
It absolutely is guaranteed, if you wait long enough. Meanwhile, on live, waiting that long was all but impossible: if technology limits didn't stop you, the GMs and camp dispute rules would have led to you having to roll off to keep the camp as soon as anyone else wanted it.

The list system is clearly more classic than no system at all ... but a randomized list instead of a "guaranteed if you wait" list would be even more classic.

Chortles Snortles
04-12-2023, 05:40 PM
thank god this cunt hugging redditor isn’t involved in the project administration

unsunghero
04-12-2023, 06:05 PM
Holy fucking shit, can you imagine playing a game for 56 hours straight?

How is this even possible without a hard stim like adderall or meth?

PlsNoBan
04-12-2023, 08:27 PM
How is this even possible without a hard stim like adderall or meth?

It's possible because people botted it and openly admitted to it (thinly veiled) on the forums after the fact. Anyone with even amateur level programming skill can bypass the primitive AFK checks undetected. Even someone with no skills might be able to whip something together with a few youtube videos and some chatgpt assistance. Then it's just a matter of audio triggers to let you know when shit happens and cranking your speakers up and go to sleep. With a little more advanced programming skill you can automate the entire thing (looting and all) and such a script was pretty much openly admitted to being used by at least 1 person who also claimed to have gotten multiple manastones with it. Others shared account info and played in shifts but that's kinda doing it the hard way.

You have practically 0 chance of getting it legit without playing for unreasonably long sessions. I think all sane people can agree you should never have to play a game 24+ hours straight to acquire an item.

PlsNoBan
04-12-2023, 08:34 PM
GM's can't even really police it either because bots and legit players look 100% identical in most /list camps. Everyones just sitting there waiting (multiple days in a row lol) for their turn. Everyone sitting there looks exactly like a bot

aussenseiter
04-12-2023, 11:49 PM
Just make it so you have to help on every kill or you get booted from the list.

It'll sort itself out quick.

Trexller
04-13-2023, 12:07 AM

this would require the sort of coding that /list was designed to avoid

magnetaress
04-13-2023, 09:19 AM
i can play 30 mins before i need to take a break lol

PlsNoBan
04-13-2023, 10:32 AM

This wouldn't really help much at all honestly. Even a basic keyboard macro periodically spamming a macro to /tar mob /cast nuke would circumvent this. Also what about cases where the /list mob has relatively low hp and there's like 10 ppl on list sitting there? It may die before you can even tag it. Especially if you've been sitting there 24+ hours straight. You may not be able to react fast enough to tag something that dies in < 10 seconds. Then what? You lose your spot cause you lost focus for 30 seconds after screen staring for 30 hours? Not a good solution lol

Toxigen
04-13-2023, 10:49 AM

thats just fucking sad

Castle2.0
04-13-2023, 05:57 PM
/list should be random: NOTHING in classic EQ rewarded you for sitting longer.

Use your brain, pal.

In classic the camp is owned by whoever was there first. No one is obligated to share the camp until they got the loot, then they were expected to move on.

/list simply puts all of this and more into code.

No KSing, no losing camp if you crashed, no hogging the camp once you got your loot.

Sorry you don't got.

Castle2.0
04-13-2023, 06:03 PM
BTW,

This horse has been beaten to death multiple times. Here is the tl;dr of every hereto proposed list change sucks.

"Why every list change idea is terrible (as simple as possible)"
https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368086

PlsNoBan
04-14-2023, 01:47 PM
Here's a thread where I list all proposed changes to /list that I think are dumb and shouldn't happen because the current system works best for botters like myself: https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368086

10/10 cringe thread would read again

Toxigen
04-14-2023, 03:20 PM
a better modification to /list

/wrist

magnetaress
04-14-2023, 04:06 PM
Doesn't matter if ppl bot. Hack. Or spam accounts with my solution everyone will always have an opportunity if they work the camp.

Ooloo
04-14-2023, 07:12 PM

Randomized list would essentially guarantee some poor son of a bitch will be on the list for hours and hours and just because of his dumb luck everyone who keeps joining after him keeps winning before him, which I submit would be way more frustrating.

/list as implemented is completely fair, or at least as fair as this game can be with such items. The only real potential abuse is account sharing, but even that has a trade-off; some other person now knows your pw.

Legacy items are hard to get and they eventually go away, which makes them cool to have. If they are easy to get, never stop dropping, or never exist at all you're just removing another unique aspect that makes this game unique and unlike every other cookie-cutter pay to win dogshit mmo that currently exists.

One thing that might be worth re-considering is how /list camps are treated for droppable vs non-droppable items. Guises are no drop and always will be, most (possibly all?) other legacy items can be sold. That said, I still can't think of a way to actually improve the current system, regardless of no-trade status.

magnetaress
04-15-2023, 10:11 AM
Randomized list would essentially guarantee some poor son of a bitch will be on the list for hours and hours and just because of his dumb luck everyone who keeps joining after him keeps winning before him, which I submit would be way more frustrating.

/list as implemented is completely fair, or at least as fair as this game can be with such items. The only real potential abuse is account sharing, but even that has a trade-off; some other person now knows your pw.

Legacy items are hard to get and they eventually go away, which makes them cool to have. If they are easy to get, never stop dropping, or never exist at all you're just removing another unique aspect that makes this game unique and unlike every other cookie-cutter pay to win dogshit mmo that currently exists.

One thing that might be worth re-considering is how /list camps are treated for droppable vs non-droppable items. Guises are no drop and always will be, most (possibly all?) other legacy items can be sold. That said, I still can't think of a way to actually improve the current system, regardless of no-trade status.

That would be up to G-d and RNGjesus which is quite appropriate and in keeping with Brads Vision (TM), bless his soul.

It's entirely possible RNGJesus denies you ever pixel. So just be greatful for thee gifts.

Hope this helps.

loramin
04-15-2023, 11:18 AM

That's my entire point! Classic Everquest was. not. fair.

some poor son of a bitch [who], just because of his dumb luck ... would be way more frustrat[ed]

is how the game is designed. You can camp your item of choice and get it on the first try ... or you can camp the same mob 50 times, never get it ... and see some luckier person get it right after you leave. That's EQ!

Guaranteed rewards are not EQ: people who want them should go play WoW or something.

PlsNoBan
04-15-2023, 12:20 PM
The only real potential abuse is account sharing

I think people are grossly underestimating how easily bottable /list is and how many people were likely doing it in some form. People tend to assume anyone on /list for 24+ hours was due to account sharing but it could easily be 1 person. All you really need is a fairly simple script to bypass AFK check + a few audio triggers and anyone that works from home can camp manastones 24/7/365. Like I said in a previous post there's virtually no possible way to distinguish a bot from a legit player in these scenarios. Everyones just sitting there AFK 90% of the time and the only interaction with the game they really have is the afk checks. Even if you don't work from home you can probably pull it off if you're able to remote in to home PC from work. Would just have to replace audio triggers with a script to fire discord webhook or something to alert you remotely. None of this is super difficult and a LOT of P99 players have the skills to pull it off.

magnetaress
04-15-2023, 03:33 PM
You can't stop degenerate goblinoid behavior.

Just gotta make it pointless so those willing to engage don't have the capacity to win 100% of the time, if you implemented my method goblins would only net a 20% bonus at best to their rolls and only 1 person could be at the top.

Arvan
04-15-2023, 09:29 PM
Ooloo confirmed botter is what im getting

Jimjam
04-16-2023, 05:34 AM

It was pretty common for telephone operators to just close calls lasting two hours so many dial up gamers were hardcapped at 2 hour sessions / had to plan around DCing every 2 hours.

Jimjam
04-16-2023, 05:35 AM

The real sequel to Trainspotting right here.

Jimjam
04-16-2023, 05:35 AM
The real sequel to Trainspotting right here.

Trainspotting still works as a title too!

magnetaress
04-19-2023, 12:33 AM
*bump*

Trexller
04-19-2023, 12:37 AM
it's past your bed time!

magnetaress
04-19-2023, 08:37 AM
Yeah it was! Thx for noticing!

Chortles Snortles
04-19-2023, 10:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/pNpnd5o.gif

magnetaress
04-19-2023, 10:55 AM
Chortles Is clearly upset and I hope *they* have a support group to go to incase they are slipping off the sober wagon again.

https://www.yourtango.com/sites/default/files/highonlife.gif

Chortles Snortles
04-19-2023, 11:48 AM
https://i.imgur.com/UMwhH49.gif

magnetaress
04-19-2023, 01:38 PM
https://christiangifs.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Earnestly-Seek-God-Hebrews-11-Verse-6.gif

Chortles Snortles
04-19-2023, 05:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UMwhH49.gif

goblinmob
04-20-2023, 08:20 AM
Yes, Alex Jones, very good

magnetaress
04-27-2023, 11:13 AM
Bump.

Imagine where all you need to get drops and exp is to tag the mobs once. You just show up and the mobs spawn and you help fight them like the good adventurers you are.

Maybe only people who worship an evil diety have a small 10% chance to steal loots.