PDA

View Full Version : Why I got booted from <Good Guys> - a fishy ginger story

iotola
04-08-2023, 04:40 PM
TLDR: I was booted from GG without ever being given an opportunity to speak or defend the allegations, for basically rustling leadership's feathers and making them mad, and the alleged infractions were baseless and the 3 red card system was not respected or exercised ethically

You're probably wondering how I got here....

Sadly, I woke up yesterday morning to the notification from Hodjer that I was being given a second red card and I was therefore being removed from the guild. I was already gone from the Discord, and I logged in to Gingefish and was gone from the guild. I was never given an opportunity to talk to leadership about the allegations, and I requested that. I have no proper forum to talk to my former GG compatriots, and so I did some explaining in /ooc in GD last night during the GG Ring war. Most members weren't even aware I had been booted, and I wanted people to know and I wanted them to know why. This is the second opportunity I am taking to explain myself publicly, in a forum where all members of GG can access it without interference from leadership. I am fully aware about what is being said about me over the past day by leadership, and it is completely untrue. I've put in too much time and energy and ACTUAL GOOD FAITH to let these allegations go undefended, and for me to not be able to explain myself to the actual hundreds of members who comprise GG, and who have gotten to know me and raid with me.

1) POGGATE. Basically, it was my second time in POG EVER (on live, p99, evahhh) and I brought my 51 pally Spaturella and ran her over to the tree to take screenshots of all the stuff because I’ve never seen it before. This was like 2pm, and Tunare was that night, and the bards were yet to start kiting and all that. My ride for dinner came and I ran out the house, totally forgetting Spat in POG. I was sitting at the restaurant messaging Angrie on my phone saying FUCK well just remove Spat from events, I’m still not home but she’s not KOS (otherwise I would have given login info or whatever if it was messing with the raid). I was totally responsive, accountable and explained myself to Angrie and kept in touch about it! I never even knew this was an issue! The following week, I was on Gingefish for another POG raid, and we had like 8-10 chanters, and so I logged over to Spat who was parked there and started healing. I get the @Spaturella being removed from event because too low (fair!), and I immediately logged back over to Gingefish that instant and continued the raid. I never heard anything about this, but this was brought up later as a reason for my removal, alleging AFK scumming etc. I never even got a /tell in game on Spat, I was removed from the event and said oh shoot, and logged over to Ginge. This was such a baseless allegation.

2) DIPGATE. I was raiding with the guild this night a few weeks ago, Dip was leading. As he often does, he was being rude and condescending and it culminated with him muting Supository in Discord. We need to hear our tank! He sent me a tell saying "wow this is so demoralizing" and muh heart broke for him a lil. The week prior, Dip had told our beloved cleric Shlimm to "shut up" in comms, and then muted him. Again, there was disruption to the CH chain because we have a cleric who is unable to communicate, and he said nothing out of line that deserved a muting. We lose targets because of stuff like this! I totally lost it on Dip and called him every name in the book but only in /tell and never in comms or /gui - no one even knew this was going on. Dip makes my skin crawl, and his voice makes my pubic hair grow, and if he thinks he can speak this way to members of the guild, i think he should be able to take some heat from me in /tell. But I fully accept this red card! I knew when I was letting Dip have it that I was going to face some sort of repercussions, and I wanted Dip to know what I think about him and the way he speaks to people. ILL TAKE THIS RED CARD! Oh, and by the way, when leadership is telling you about how offensive I am to "officers" - this is what they are referring to. The people who have recently taken personal issue with me (Deathtoll and a few others) - I don't really understand it. The ONLY PERSON I have thoroughly disrespected and who has the right to have a personal vendetta against me is Dip. That's the only GG member I have an issue with! And the morning after DIPGATE, I woke up to notification of my first red card, and they named the aforemention POGGATE as reason along with the Dip thing. And even that same day, I was buffing Dip and any/all GG members when we were raiding. I even buff Dip when I see him get rezzed without him asking! Mama didn't raise a shitter, and I never let my personal issues with Dip get in the way with me doing my chantering duties cuz I like to WIN, and we're a whole team. Frankly, if Dip could just tame his temper by one lil tick, I wouldn't have an issue with him personally, I know the guy gets the job done on raids, I just don't like the meanness. It's not okay for the big people to walk all over the smol people.

3) STGATE. Just about a week ago, I was working from home and got the MOTG notification on my phone. I went from work PC to funEQPC and vooted up and attempted to login to FOUR bots (all being piloted) before finally getting on Solaire. Admittedly, I arrived for literally the last few seconds. I didn't get to join CH chain or do anything at all. But I didn't think this prohibited me from bidding since I arrived for the death? Apparently, leadership has been making it sound like I ninja'd that shit! This was the two handed sword that often goes for 1 dkp, and we bid it up to 70, then gave 2 min warning, then 1 min warning, then logged over to Spaturella to loot. Only after this, I was notified I was being removed from the event for arriving too late (fair!). But we already bid the sword, and I won and looted - not sure what to do about that. I genuinely thought I was entitled to bid on this item. I think this was used as yet another excuse to boot me.

4) STORMSHADOWMESSYGATE.During the course of all this mess, I was provided a screenshot which I have attached. This is Stormshadow talking about me. The reason I've included this is because I highly suspect this has been significant in the decision to remove me. When I received this screenshot, I honestly was not offended by the shit talk aspect of it. This was never meant for my eyes, and this isn't North Korea, and I totally respect Stormshadow's right to talk to others in an informal/relaxed way and just talk a lil shit, who cares! However, I brought this to him because I wanted to address the ACCUSATIONS in the message about being a shitter/dkp scummer etc. because I honestly didn't know I was on thin ice. Despite my foul queefy mouth towards Dip, I truly believed my chantering skills on the playing field and my responsive and diligent buffing kept me in the good graces. I told Stormshadow I wanted an opportunity to SPEAK (not type) to leadership and have a fair trial and defend these accusations. He said he put in that request and it would come at an unknown date in the future, and I was happy about that and looking forward to my day in court because I have nothing to hide. I was booted before ever getting this opportunity, and I believe that Stormshadow thought I would be bringing the screenshot with me, and that it would be unflattering, and it's just so much easier to make up some red cards and give me the boot. @Stormshadow if you had just said "Ya Ginge, I said all that, and here's why I thought that about you..." I would have had mad respect for you and my heart would have swelled with understanding, and we could have left it in the dust. When I brought this to you, instead of focusing on the allegations with me, I found you to be defensive/evasive and main concerned with "I wasn't trying to shit talk!" - but you're allowed to shit talk! I'm not bothered! And now, for the sake of transparency and defending myself, I really feel I have no option but to share it :(

Frankly, these accusations of shitterdom are just so untrue. If they were true, I'd take my boot and shut my ass up forever. I don't even have the TV on anymore when I'm raiding because it's too distracting, my /tell box is like a cook's printer in a busy restaurant. Anyone who raids with me and asks me for buffs knows I'm HIGHLY responsive, fast, and effective! I've said this before - I think I get more buff requests than many other chanters because the folks know Ginge is present and buffing. I really feel I've been such a faithful and good member to GG, and my heart does not harbour DKP scum malice. I think my mad shit talk DIRECTED AT DIP ONLY was taken by leadership collectively as an indication of my disrespect/hostility towards all leadership, and that's just not the case. I think it was really easy to muster up a couple red cards and get me gone, and the difficult route would have been letting me speak and try and exercise a little accountability within GG leadership.

If you're a member of GG, and you've raided with me and can attest to my efforts and the lil extra love I put in all my buffs, and if you accept my explanations which are the truth of the events leading up to this - I urge you to say something! I think this whole thing is unfair, and you are the hundreds of members who make up GG. GG isn't Storm/Eustis/Delrake/Hodjer/Dip/Faerie take on TOV and have all the adventures! We are the hundreds of members who comprise this guild and who keep the machine oiled and functional. We work hard for our monies and so hard for our hunnies, and we shouldn't stand idle if GG leadership is acting unfairly. This whole thing might have been avoided if I was actually given my opportunity to speak to leadership, and since I've been silenced, I've had to go this tacky route. But I really wanted to speak to the MEMBERS of GG and give my peace. I feel as though I'm being booted for basically pissing leadership off, and this is an overreaction. The red card system was not respected, and was used as an excuse to boot me. Red cards should be for people who are intentionally disruptive, dishonest, malicious etc. The allegations against me and alleged infractions are either untrue, or so benign in nature.

I refuse to be bullied out of playing a game I love. Since I was 12 in 1999, I've fuckn loved me some EQ. Now that I'm getting older, EQ is my sport of choice. I'm KINDA new to the raiding world, and I'm loving it and learning tons. Gingefish isn't going anywhere! Therefore, I see two possible outcomes. Either my last red card is revoked and I am reinstated with all my 1000 dkp that I earned through showing up and doing my job, OR, since I don't wanna raid Estrella Gloomwater with Safe Space, I will have to (try to) join Kingdom! And my fingers felt like icky traitors even typing that because I been with my GG fam for a while now, but I'm not done raiding yet! I like raiding! And it's gonna suck because it's just straight up GG-1 60 chanter who shows up and Kingdom +1 chanter who shows up.

If I'm anything, I'm transparent. I want GG folks to read this, Kingdom folks to read this, and I want you to know where I'm at! The decision as to which of these two outcomes happens is totally up to GG.

Smoofers
04-08-2023, 05:00 PM
Literally who is Good Guys?

Syke410
04-08-2023, 05:43 PM
you seem totally not unhinged.

iotola
04-08-2023, 05:45 PM
Hi Dip or Dip's mom!

Ooloo
04-08-2023, 06:00 PM
Why did cecily leave safe space and join gg? that's what I wanna know

goblinmob
04-08-2023, 06:07 PM
My goodness, who would do that?!

Ooloo
04-08-2023, 06:21 PM
Literally who is Good Guys?

It's seal team and force of will merged i think? cause they were joint raiding all the time and neither guild could really field the numbers anymore so why not

Bardp1999
04-08-2023, 06:35 PM
I cant have Wu'Tang as a surname but JamesHetfield is running around Norrath leading bands of loser raiders, this fucking game!

Also did not read OP but sounds like you are a scum bag warm body taking advantage of the guild and deserved to be kicked

PatChapp
04-08-2023, 06:40 PM
My goodness, who would do that?!

Yeah I can't imagine reading all those words
Can I get a tl;dr ,maybe a few more words than nerds mad

Imposter
04-08-2023, 06:41 PM
proper observations.

how do u know it isn't Jame Shetfield?

baakss
04-08-2023, 07:03 PM
ChatGPT: Write a very unsightly and cringey rant about the time I got removed from a guild for doing shady dkp stuff.

Chortles Snortles
04-08-2023, 07:10 PM
shiddy LGUK enc during kunark
checks out
(lol)

Bardp1999
04-08-2023, 09:20 PM
shiddy LGUK enc during kunark
checks out
(lol)

/who all Charasis
60 Warlock Ssips (skeleton)

wait 5 minutes

/who all Overthere
59 Warlock Ssips (iksar)

*chuckles softly and tApS submit*

branamil
04-08-2023, 09:33 PM
I absolutely did not read this.

Chortles Snortles
04-08-2023, 09:54 PM
Ssip is actually an OK necro, he could learn a thing or two from me but I was surprised you could do HS south

(lol)

Scalem
04-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Cool thread, you seem like you will fit in well with Kingdom.

Arvan
04-08-2023, 10:45 PM
Green sounds pretty horrible hopefully its not as bad as furor berating poor ucf but it sounds pretty bad. Hope they seek the help they need and learn to chill out.

Scalem
04-08-2023, 11:59 PM
Green sounds pretty horrible hopefully its not as bad as furor berating poor ucf but it sounds pretty bad. Hope they seek the help they need and learn to chill out.

Don’t worry furoar is on Green continuing the good work of purposefully training other guilds. He fits in well with Kingdom.

Patrece
04-09-2023, 07:09 AM
Bigdip is a saint and doles out tough love

Get a grip

Valakut
04-09-2023, 08:33 AM
Why did cecily leave safe space and join gg? that's what I wanna know

GG is a bud light tranny guild

CancerMage
04-09-2023, 09:48 AM

it really is.

Lune
04-09-2023, 10:06 AM
somebody get chatgpt to read and summarize this because i just cant, and im autistic and read encyclopedias

cadoipi
04-09-2023, 10:16 AM
Either my last red card is revoked and I am reinstated with all my 1000 dkp that I earned through showing up and doing my job, OR, since I don't wanna raid Estrella Gloomwater with Safe Space, I will have to (try to) join Kingdom! And my fingers felt like icky traitors even typing that because I been with my GG fam for a while now, but I'm not done raiding yet! I like raiding! And it's gonna suck because it's just straight up GG-1 60 chanter who shows up and Kingdom +1 chanter who shows up.

Excellent job!

Obviously GG knew that if they kicked you, then they would be down -1 chanter and Kingdom might be up +1 if you join them. You cannot try to blackmail your way back into GG by threatening to join Kingdom because GG already considered this possibility and still decided it was best for GG to kick you.

By posting this you have both proved GG took the correct decision and ensured Kingdom (and Safe Space for that matter) will not want you either due to your personality and insults towards them.

I hear Red is looking for players.

spiritsofrock
04-09-2023, 10:26 AM
Don quixote is a quicker read Jesus

goblinmob
04-09-2023, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=iotola;3599927]....

Sadly, I woke up yesterday morning/QUOTE]

goblinmob
04-09-2023, 10:50 AM
Damnit how did I do that?

Topgunben
04-09-2023, 01:03 PM
I read the whole thing. Legitimately feel bad for OP, not because of him being kicked out, or the unfair treatment, but because he seems to invested his whole life into a game that simply doesn’t matter.

Jimjam
04-09-2023, 01:16 PM
Are you the psycho that was using a shared character to spam me with unsubstantiated abuse while I was using a port bot in a port zone?

Absolute maniac making false allegations I was stripping all PP, boxing, PLing alts, using 10 slot UIs to delete items, etc but wouldn’t even reveal who they were themself. Apparently I’ve not been the only one on the receiving end of this harassment either.

If that was you, good riddance. Otherwise good luck in your ongoing life on p1999 green. Sorry it came to this :)

doobie
04-09-2023, 01:24 PM
Can you cut it down to 3 or 4 lines.

Much thanks.

Smoofers
04-09-2023, 03:44 PM

Big if true

Ekco
04-09-2023, 04:45 PM
somebody get chatgpt to read and summarize this because i just cant, and im autistic and read encyclopedias

i started copy pasting it in 2000 words at a time and it went into AI therapist mode rofl

Hello, this is Bing. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you are feeling hurt and betrayed by the guild leadership. I don’t know much about Hodjer, Gingefish or GG Ring war, but I hope you can find some resolution and peace.

tl;dr in poem form
Sure, I can try to rewrite your message as a poem. Here is one possible version:

I woke up to a red card
And found myself expelled
From the guild I loved and served
Without a chance to tell

My side of the story
Or defend myself from lies
That leadership was spreading
To justify their guise

I spoke out in the open chat
To let my comrades know
The reason why I left them
And the truth they ought to show

I write this now to clear my name
And share my honest view
I gave my best to GG
And I hope you know it too

Tethler
04-09-2023, 08:25 PM
TLDR: I was booted from GG without ever being given an opportunity to speak or defend the allegations, for basically rustling leadership's feathers and making them mad, and the alleged infractions were baseless and the 3 red card system was not respected or exercised ethically

You're probably wondering how I got here....

Sadly, I woke up yesterday morning to the notification from Hodjer that I was being given a second red card and I was therefore being removed from the guild. I was already gone from the Discord, and I logged in to Gingefish and was gone from the guild. I was never given an opportunity to talk to leadership about the allegations, and I requested that. I have no proper forum to talk to my former GG compatriots, and so I did some explaining in /ooc in GD last night during the GG Ring war. Most members weren't even aware I had been booted, and I wanted people to know and I wanted them to know why. This is the second opportunity I am taking to explain myself publicly, in a forum where all members of GG can access it without interference from leadership. I am fully aware about what is being said about me over the past day by leadership, and it is completely untrue. I've put in too much time and energy and ACTUAL GOOD FAITH to let these allegations go undefended, and for me to not be able to explain myself to the actual hundreds of members who comprise GG, and who have gotten to know me and raid with me.

1) POGGATE. Basically, it was my second time in POG EVER (on live, p99, evahhh) and I brought my 51 pally Spaturella and ran her over to the tree to take screenshots of all the stuff because I’ve never seen it before. This was like 2pm, and Tunare was that night, and the bards were yet to start kiting and all that. My ride for dinner came and I ran out the house, totally forgetting Spat in POG. I was sitting at the restaurant messaging Angrie on my phone saying FUCK well just remove Spat from events, I’m still not home but she’s not KOS (otherwise I would have given login info or whatever if it was messing with the raid). I was totally responsive, accountable and explained myself to Angrie and kept in touch about it! I never even knew this was an issue! The following week, I was on Gingefish for another POG raid, and we had like 8-10 chanters, and so I logged over to Spat who was parked there and started healing. I get the @Spaturella being removed from event because too low (fair!), and I immediately logged back over to Gingefish that instant and continued the raid. I never heard anything about this, but this was brought up later as a reason for my removal, alleging AFK scumming etc. I never even got a /tell in game on Spat, I was removed from the event and said oh shoot, and logged over to Ginge. This was such a baseless allegation.

2) DIPGATE. I was raiding with the guild this night a few weeks ago, Dip was leading. As he often does, he was being rude and condescending and it culminated with him muting Supository in Discord. We need to hear our tank! He sent me a tell saying "wow this is so demoralizing" and muh heart broke for him a lil. The week prior, Dip had told our beloved cleric Shlimm to "shut up" in comms, and then muted him. Again, there was disruption to the CH chain because we have a cleric who is unable to communicate, and he said nothing out of line that deserved a muting. We lose targets because of stuff like this! I totally lost it on Dip and called him every name in the book but only in /tell and never in comms or /gui - no one even knew this was going on. Dip makes my skin crawl, and his voice makes my pubic hair grow, and if he thinks he can speak this way to members of the guild, i think he should be able to take some heat from me in /tell. But I fully accept this red card! I knew when I was letting Dip have it that I was going to face some sort of repercussions, and I wanted Dip to know what I think about him and the way he speaks to people. ILL TAKE THIS RED CARD! Oh, and by the way, when leadership is telling you about how offensive I am to "officers" - this is what they are referring to. The people who have recently taken personal issue with me (Deathtoll and a few others) - I don't really understand it. The ONLY PERSON I have thoroughly disrespected and who has the right to have a personal vendetta against me is Dip. That's the only GG member I have an issue with! And the morning after DIPGATE, I woke up to notification of my first red card, and they named the aforemention POGGATE as reason along with the Dip thing. And even that same day, I was buffing Dip and any/all GG members when we were raiding. I even buff Dip when I see him get rezzed without him asking! Mama didn't raise a shitter, and I never let my personal issues with Dip get in the way with me doing my chantering duties cuz I like to WIN, and we're a whole team. Frankly, if Dip could just tame his temper by one lil tick, I wouldn't have an issue with him personally, I know the guy gets the job done on raids, I just don't like the meanness. It's not okay for the big people to walk all over the smol people.

3) STGATE. Just about a week ago, I was working from home and got the MOTG notification on my phone. I went from work PC to funEQPC and vooted up and attempted to login to FOUR bots (all being piloted) before finally getting on Solaire. Admittedly, I arrived for literally the last few seconds. I didn't get to join CH chain or do anything at all. But I didn't think this prohibited me from bidding since I arrived for the death? Apparently, leadership has been making it sound like I ninja'd that shit! This was the two handed sword that often goes for 1 dkp, and we bid it up to 70, then gave 2 min warning, then 1 min warning, then logged over to Spaturella to loot. Only after this, I was notified I was being removed from the event for arriving too late (fair!). But we already bid the sword, and I won and looted - not sure what to do about that. I genuinely thought I was entitled to bid on this item. I think this was used as yet another excuse to boot me.

4) STORMSHADOWMESSYGATE.During the course of all this mess, I was provided a screenshot which I have attached. This is Stormshadow talking about me. The reason I've included this is because I highly suspect this has been significant in the decision to remove me. When I received this screenshot, I honestly was not offended by the shit talk aspect of it. This was never meant for my eyes, and this isn't North Korea, and I totally respect Stormshadow's right to talk to others in an informal/relaxed way and just talk a lil shit, who cares! However, I brought this to him because I wanted to address the ACCUSATIONS in the message about being a shitter/dkp scummer etc. because I honestly didn't know I was on thin ice. Despite my foul queefy mouth towards Dip, I truly believed my chantering skills on the playing field and my responsive and diligent buffing kept me in the good graces. I told Stormshadow I wanted an opportunity to SPEAK (not type) to leadership and have a fair trial and defend these accusations. He said he put in that request and it would come at an unknown date in the future, and I was happy about that and looking forward to my day in court because I have nothing to hide. I was booted before ever getting this opportunity, and I believe that Stormshadow thought I would be bringing the screenshot with me, and that it would be unflattering, and it's just so much easier to make up some red cards and give me the boot. @Stormshadow if you had just said "Ya Ginge, I said all that, and here's why I thought that about you..." I would have had mad respect for you and my heart would have swelled with understanding, and we could have left it in the dust. When I brought this to you, instead of focusing on the allegations with me, I found you to be defensive/evasive and main concerned with "I wasn't trying to shit talk!" - but you're allowed to shit talk! I'm not bothered! And now, for the sake of transparency and defending myself, I really feel I have no option but to share it :(

Frankly, these accusations of shitterdom are just so untrue. If they were true, I'd take my boot and shut my ass up forever. I don't even have the TV on anymore when I'm raiding because it's too distracting, my /tell box is like a cook's printer in a busy restaurant. Anyone who raids with me and asks me for buffs knows I'm HIGHLY responsive, fast, and effective! I've said this before - I think I get more buff requests than many other chanters because the folks know Ginge is present and buffing. I really feel I've been such a faithful and good member to GG, and my heart does not harbour DKP scum malice. I think my mad shit talk DIRECTED AT DIP ONLY was taken by leadership collectively as an indication of my disrespect/hostility towards all leadership, and that's just not the case. I think it was really easy to muster up a couple red cards and get me gone, and the difficult route would have been letting me speak and try and exercise a little accountability within GG leadership.

If you're a member of GG, and you've raided with me and can attest to my efforts and the lil extra love I put in all my buffs, and if you accept my explanations which are the truth of the events leading up to this - I urge you to say something! I think this whole thing is unfair, and you are the hundreds of members who make up GG. GG isn't Storm/Eustis/Delrake/Hodjer/Dip/Faerie take on TOV and have all the adventures! We are the hundreds of members who comprise this guild and who keep the machine oiled and functional. We work hard for our monies and so hard for our hunnies, and we shouldn't stand idle if GG leadership is acting unfairly. This whole thing might have been avoided if I was actually given my opportunity to speak to leadership, and since I've been silenced, I've had to go this tacky route. But I really wanted to speak to the MEMBERS of GG and give my peace. I feel as though I'm being booted for basically pissing leadership off, and this is an overreaction. The red card system was not respected, and was used as an excuse to boot me. Red cards should be for people who are intentionally disruptive, dishonest, malicious etc. The allegations against me and alleged infractions are either untrue, or so benign in nature.

I refuse to be bullied out of playing a game I love. Since I was 12 in 1999, I've fuckn loved me some EQ. Now that I'm getting older, EQ is my sport of choice. I'm KINDA new to the raiding world, and I'm loving it and learning tons. Gingefish isn't going anywhere! Therefore, I see two possible outcomes. Either my last red card is revoked and I am reinstated with all my 1000 dkp that I earned through showing up and doing my job, OR, since I don't wanna raid Estrella Gloomwater with Safe Space, I will have to (try to) join Kingdom! And my fingers felt like icky traitors even typing that because I been with my GG fam for a while now, but I'm not done raiding yet! I like raiding! And it's gonna suck because it's just straight up GG-1 60 chanter who shows up and Kingdom +1 chanter who shows up.

If I'm anything, I'm transparent. I want GG folks to read this, Kingdom folks to read this, and I want you to know where I'm at! The decision as to which of these two outcomes happens is totally up to GG.

too long; didn't care

Xersius
04-09-2023, 10:47 PM
I mean, you're not wrong about dip...

Videri
04-10-2023, 12:14 AM
2) DIPGATE. I was raiding with the guild this night a few weeks ago, Dip was leading. As he often does, he was being rude and condescending and it culminated with him muting Supository in Discord. We need to hear our tank! He sent me a tell saying "wow this is so demoralizing" and muh heart broke for him a lil. The week prior, Dip had told our beloved cleric Shlimm to "shut up" in comms, and then muted him. Again, there was disruption to the CH chain because we have a cleric who is unable to communicate, and he said nothing out of line that deserved a muting. We lose targets because of stuff like this! **I totally lost it on Dip and called him every name in the book but only in /tell and never in comms or /gui - no one even knew this was going on.** Dip makes my skin crawl, and his voice makes my pubic hair grow, and if he thinks he can speak this way to members of the guild, i think he should be able to take some heat from me in /tell. But I fully accept this red card! **I knew when I was letting Dip have it that I was going to face some sort of repercussions, and I wanted Dip to know what I think about him and the way he speaks to people.** ILL TAKE THIS RED CARD! Oh, and by the way, when leadership is telling you about how offensive I am to "officers" - this is what they are referring to. The people who have recently taken personal issue with me (Deathtoll and a few others) - I don't really understand it. The ONLY PERSON I have thoroughly disrespected and who has the right to have a personal vendetta against me is Dip.

Totally inappropriate. Man, if you wanted to make a difference in the guild, you should have sent a calm, composed message to whoever Bigdip's boss is. One rank above him or the #1 leader of GG. That's the only chance you had of making a difference.

Being rude in private gets nothing done. So I guess you're right to accept this red card. But everyone should learn from this.

All serious guilds want to improve over time. Mature guild leaders/officers will think carefully upon all feedback, no matter how it's delivered (reasonable messages or...behavior...like OP's). You should only go batshit insane after attempting to work with the system.

Videri
04-10-2023, 12:17 AM
Anyway, I think nearly every EQ player deserves a suitable guild to play the game with. I hope you find another guild, and I hope you maintain your position within it more successfully. Sincere best wishes.

Trexller
04-10-2023, 12:18 AM
^ fuck this guy

Videri
04-10-2023, 12:21 AM
The rest of you, don't make fun of this guy or shit on him. Don't get all "tldr psycho" or "hurr durr you sound mad bro." Sure, EverQuest is just a game in an imaginary world, but guilds are comprised of real relationships between real people. And that means real emotions get involved. You should all hope that this guy finds a good crew to enjoy EQ with, and you should provide him with feedback and advice. We can all learn and develop.

Trexller
04-10-2023, 12:21 AM
^ and that guy

cadoipi
04-10-2023, 08:24 AM
The rest of you, don't make fun of this guy or shit on him. Don't get all "tldr psycho" or "hurr durr you sound mad bro." Sure, EverQuest is just a game in an imaginary world, but guilds are comprised of real relationships between real people. And that means real emotions get involved. You should all hope that this guy finds a good crew to enjoy EQ with, and you should provide him with feedback and advice. We can all learn and develop.

100% agree and with earlier comment that OP should have privately gone to a level above to communicate their issues how the raid was being run.

That said, this is RnF so flaming is in the name of this subforum. OP could have picked a better forum to air their case.

Castle2.0
04-10-2023, 09:53 AM
Totally inappropriate. Man, if you wanted to make a difference in the guild, you should have sent a calm, composed message to whoever Bigdip's boss is. One rank above him or the #1 leader of GG. That's the only chance you had of making a difference.

Yes, middle management is terrible to work with.

Toxigen
04-10-2023, 09:58 AM
op sounds like typical warmbody shitter trying every stupid little way to sneak in extra dkp

get fucked, retard

fortior
04-10-2023, 12:27 PM
sir this is a five guys drivethrough

Rager and Quitter
04-10-2023, 12:29 PM
I'll be the voice of reason here and say you guys need to disconnect yourself from EQ and the raiding scene. It isn't healthy, and it never was. Gaming sessions of 8-15 hours at a time is not good for you and super unproductive. Addictions are real, and if you're having this level of reaction to leaving or being kicked out of a guild you need help. If anything they did you a favor. Maybe take a break from EQ. It's sad how many people allow EQ to govern their lives. If you play a few hours a week, cool, but if you're spending a full-time job worth of time on a video game, it's time to re-evaluate what you've allowed your life to become.

Tunabros
04-10-2023, 03:03 PM
lost what was happening at "POGGATE"

are you on drugs

Toxigen
04-10-2023, 03:12 PM
lost what was happening at "POGGATE"

clearly AFK'd in some random spot in PoG while his guild cleared for dkp, got caught

entire post is literally just him admitting he soaks DKP and doesnt contribute

the worst kind of warm-body

Tunabros
04-10-2023, 03:13 PM
clearly AFK'd in some random spot in PoG while his guild cleared for dkp, got caught

damn bro wasn't even trying to hide it :eek:

cadoipi
04-10-2023, 03:23 PM
clearly AFK'd in some random spot in PoG while his guild cleared for dkp

That is called RPing a conscientious objector engaging in civil disobedience. Tunare would understand.

Jimjam
04-10-2023, 03:52 PM

Idk, the character wasn’t even dkp eligible due to level, so how could that be soaking?

Or were there just multiple flaws in the attempt?

Balimon
04-10-2023, 04:17 PM
Gingy you are better off man, while I'm sure you have friends in GG, that guild doesn't have your best interests at heart. It's not a casual friendly guild, it just has casual friendly rules baked in from the merger negotiations. It sounds like there were some misunderstandings on both sides and if you truly want to get back in I would speak to Eustis or Delrake directly. The Ramal rule allows you a chance to rejoin on a probationary status if that's what you choose.

Don't let the trolls get to ya, when we played together back in classic you were a good dude and a solid raider, I was happy to see you come back and I hope for your sake you find a solution that makes you happy. That being said there are plenty of options out there, do what's best for you.

dareo
04-10-2023, 04:43 PM
Facts:

Ginge is a good raid enc / buffer.
Some rules were broken.
A decision was made to guildremove.
Ginge could re-apply to the good guys. (i hope u do!)

Opinion:

Perhaps enforcement of the broken rules could have been handled in another way, like a DKP penalty and/or suspension. Goofin' around with a paladin alt probably shouldn't result in termination but i trust the leadership to make fair and honest decisions.

Toxigen
04-11-2023, 08:46 AM
Facts:

Some rules were broken.

Opinion:

Perhaps enforcement of the broken rules could have been handled in another way, like a DKP penalty and/or suspension. Goofin' around with a paladin alt probably shouldn't result in termination but i trust the leadership to make fair and honest decisions.

thats an interesting way to say "dkp scummer warmbody shitter needs to put the digital crack pipe down"

Infectious
04-11-2023, 08:51 AM
Facts:

Some rules were broken.

Opinion:

Ya let back in the retard who insults all the officers of his guild. Totally their fault.

cadoipi
04-11-2023, 09:33 AM
The Ramal rule allows you a chance to rejoin on a probationary status if that's what you choose.

I think the Ramal rule only applies if you got kicked for being racist and antisemitic.

dareo
04-11-2023, 10:14 AM
thats an interesting way to say "dkp scummer warmbody shitter needs to put the digital crack pipe down"

Ginge was not a warm body on enchanter. Playing the paladin alt before the level requirement for melee rule was satisfied was the issue. Often Ginge's pally would be /role so as to not be picked up automatically by the logs. You earn a ton of DKP and plat gear and put it on an alt and you wanna play that alt.

Infectious: "Ya let back in the retard who insults all the officers of his guild. Totally their fault.
Today 08:46 AM"

Let back in and let them re-apply are two different things. People can make amends, talk to each other, that sort of thing. Applying does not = re-entry.

Ginge certainly could have handled this better in talking to the guild leadership no doubt.

Chortles Snortles
04-11-2023, 11:00 AM
the guy afk non stop in lguk is afk dkp leech
(lol)

Ratchet51
04-11-2023, 02:50 PM
I have no idea who this person is, are we talking about the same Good Guys guild?

unsunghero
04-11-2023, 04:10 PM
“I buff them so hard, guys. I buff them harder than like most other enchanters ever could”

Raiding sounds so fun, sorry that I quit before I got into it

Bardp1999
04-11-2023, 04:10 PM
Fun fact, all classes aside from warriors and clerics are optional on a raid

OuterChimp
04-11-2023, 04:46 PM
I just noticed this, but if OP is a ginger then isn't it appropriate for him to be booted from any guild? Asking for a non-ginger friend.

kuuky
04-11-2023, 07:19 PM
Piece of shit is what I say. Then again I don't know any of them so f off all.

Toxigen
04-12-2023, 11:06 AM
“I buff them so hard, guys. I buff them harder than like most other enchanters ever could”

Raiding sounds so fun, sorry that I quit before I got into it

non-warmbody enc get to do some fun stuff

but most are just wall-lickers that think they're doing a great job when they hit that wizard with a C2 and GoB within 10 seconds of receiving the tell

Alarria
04-12-2023, 03:40 PM
I just noticed this, but if OP is a ginger then isn't it appropriate for him to be booted from any guild? Asking for a non-ginger friend.

Ginger Fish was Marilyn Manson's old drummer. Just saying

Patrece
04-12-2023, 04:37 PM
Name redacted or guild redacted of go redacted yourself redacted giant

fortior
04-15-2023, 02:24 AM
Fun fact, all classes aside from warriors and clerics are optional on a raid

You don't need clerics with enough heal spam or reapers

Chortles Snortles
04-15-2023, 10:41 PM
ah yes, just how brad intended I’m sure
(lol)

fortior
04-16-2023, 07:10 PM
who gives a shit about what some oxy snorter thought before keeling over while on stolen pills

goblinmob
04-16-2023, 07:34 PM
When you get up to heaven, and your face is shining down like the sun, will you also spit on us then? We would welcome it as if it were as refreshing as you've been today. We'll need it.

Raj
04-16-2023, 07:39 PM
This must be a fictional story/person @OP ?? :cool:

Raj
04-16-2023, 07:44 PM
I think the Ramal rule only applies if you got kicked for being racist and antisemitic.

Did Ramal even say anything bad in any public space or was he straight-up canceled for private stuff dug up by some obsessive and sensitive pixel dick smoker? Lol :cool:

Chortles Snortles
04-16-2023, 08:12 PM
PHIL!!!!! IM DRIVING ACROSS AMERICA NOW TO COME LIVE WITH YOU
PLS RESPOND

(lol)

CancerMage
04-16-2023, 09:11 PM
Did Ramal even say anything bad in any public space or was he straight-up canceled for private stuff dug up by some obsessive and sensitive pixel dick smoker? Lol :cool:

private stuff, in a channel named after ironic alt right shit. designed to post ironic right wing stupidity.

Toxigen
04-17-2023, 10:52 AM

i feel that

Videri
06-07-2023, 12:45 AM
any update or naw

aussenseiter
06-07-2023, 01:10 AM
PHIL!!!!! IM DRIVING ACROSS AMERICA NOW TO COME LIVE WITH YOU
PLS RESPOND

(lol)

Explain please

cd288
06-07-2023, 01:14 PM
My thoughts from an unbiased perspective.

1) POGGATE. The following week, I was on Gingefish for another POG raid, and we had like 8-10 chanters, and so I logged over to Spat who was parked there and started healing. I get the @Spaturella being removed from event because too low (fair!), and I immediately logged back over to Gingefish that instant and continued the raid. I never heard anything about this, but this was brought up later as a reason for my removal, alleging AFK scumming etc. I never even got a /tell in game on Spat, I was removed from the event and said oh shoot, and logged over to Ginge. This was such a baseless allegation.

This is so easily solvable by communication at the time. Leadership is going a mile a minute during raids keeping everything organized. It's also difficult to figure out the reality when going back to look at logs for DKP. Given how unfortunately common AFK DKP scummers can be, if you don't communicate about it very clearly at the time, then people are not going to be very inclined to believe you later on. Might be unfair, but it just is what it is.

Honestly I just can't agree with you here. Don't get me wrong, raid leaders being rude and condescending can be annoying and bothersome. But...they are the raid leader and responsible for everything so it can be a tough job to be kind and polite in. Further, as raid leader they are fully within their rights to mute whomever they want and tell people to shut up in comms...that's actually a critical role of the raid leader. Further, why do you need the cleric talking in comms? Almost every raid I've been on the CH chain is called in guild chat or via in zone shout. Clerics have zero need to call CH chain in voice as it would just clutter comms with nonstop noise.

Messaging a raid leader to rip him a new one as an ordinary member isn't really something you should do. You can mention your concerns to other officers and they can decide what you should do. It's not your place to start yelling at the raid leader about what you personally perceive to be rudeness and/or poor handling of raids. If you're not okay with this then you really shouldn't be raiding at all IMO. I get that you're new to the raiding world, but this is the way it is. Honestly if I were guild leadership this incident alone would be enough to kick you from the guild.

You really shouldn't have looted. Being present and actually contributing to the kill are two different things. If you logged in right at the end of it then you shouldn't be entitled to DKP or loot IMO. In any case, this is another thing that could've been solved by communication at the time. I get that you were bidding and maybe you thought that people would jump in and tell you if you weren't supposed to bid/loot, but usually on raids no one is tracking that in real time. It becomes clear when officers go back to put together the DKP numbers for everyone and see the logs where you showed up for the last like 5 seconds of the kill and then you're looting an item. So you can't always rely on others during the bidding process to tell you to remove yourself from the bidding. If you're not sure if you should bid at the time, ask the officers on the raid what the protocol is (whether in chat or in comms).

Toxigen
06-07-2023, 01:16 PM
Sir, this is a Wendys.

cadoipi
06-07-2023, 10:45 PM
Sir, this is a Wendys.

cadoipi
06-07-2023, 10:47 PM
My thoughts from an unbiased perspective.

Way too reasonable of a response for this forum.

kuuky
06-09-2023, 05:53 AM
Basically the OP is a douche doing constant douche things and then crying when caught. So OP go fuck yourself you fucking loser. What a piece of shit.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-09-2023, 11:41 AM
i started copy pasting it in 2000 words at a time and it went into AI therapist mode rofl

tl;dr in poem form

Going full T.S. Eliot.

I just wish more people read Keats. That all ye need to know, really. Or the Beatles. Can't go wrong with the Beatles.

OP is going everybody got something to hide 'cept for me and my monkey.

yeah yeah yeah yeah

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-09-2023, 11:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyV3zCq1OHM

reznor_
06-09-2023, 01:50 PM
OP is in Kingdom now, a very good home for him.

cadoipi
06-10-2023, 10:46 AM
I will have to (try to) join Kingdom! And my fingers felt like icky traitors even typing that

OP is in Kingdom now, a very good home for him.

Didn't know Kingdom was so desperate for a warm bodies, they would take someone who publicly insulted them and stirs up drama.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-10-2023, 11:09 AM
Immersion is worth its weight in gold-speckled latinum here.

cd288
06-12-2023, 11:37 AM
Way too reasonable of a response for this forum.

Lmao true. Hopefully a new raider stumbles across it at some point though and saves themselves from making the same mistakes, particularly getting pissy at the tone of the raid leader.

Knuckle
06-12-2023, 05:16 PM
Didn't know Kingdom was so desperate for a warm bodies, they would take someone who publicly insulted them and stirs up drama.

Public insults? In elf quest? Shit slinging is 90% of the forums.

magnetaress
06-12-2023, 08:53 PM
Was the op written by a humaniod?

unsunghero
06-12-2023, 11:03 PM
Public insults? In elf quest? Shit slinging is 90% of the forums.

I had a co-worker today tell me that retail WoW has an updated disclaimer they make you sign promising that you won’t say anything racist, sexist, homophobic, all the hate speech stuff. He said he hadn’t played since the last expansion and when he logged in the disclaimer came up and he signed it. I asked I wonder what happens if you say no, do they just kick you off or what?

Anyway, he said it was a long-winded disclaimer and he paraphrased it to me and apparently part of it said “the internet used to be a safe place where people could come to share common interests” or some perfumed speech like that…

…and I was like “the internet used to be some safe, loving place? What the fuck internet were they on?” The internet used to be a THOUSAND times worse than it is today. Most forums I remember had ZERO moderation back in the day. It wasn’t pics of gaping assholes or old dudes blowing each other, or even the N-word spam you had to worry about, it was blind links to download viruses or Trojans which would hack your browser and start spamming porn windows and stuff

Remember the porn window spam where closing one made 2 more open? Remember the pop ups that would skate around your screen when you tried to close them? People seem to have some seriously rose colored glasses remembering the old internet pre-“gamergate”. If you didn’t have a thick skin for insults and even better virus protection, your psyche and your computer were fucked

cadoipi
06-12-2023, 11:41 PM
I had a co-worker today tell me that retail WoW has an updated disclaimer they make you sign promising that you won’t say anything racist, sexist, homophobic, all the hate speech stuff. He said he hadn’t played since the last expansion and when he logged in the disclaimer came up and he signed it. I asked I wonder what happens if you say no, do they just kick you off or what?

Anyway, he said it was a long-winded disclaimer and he paraphrased it to me and apparently part of it said “the internet used to be a safe place where people could come to share common interests” or some perfumed speech like that…

…and I was like “the internet used to be some safe, loving place? What the fuck internet were they on?” The internet used to be a THOUSAND times worse than it is today. Most forums I remember had ZERO moderation back in the day. It wasn’t pics of gaping assholes or old dudes blowing each other, or even the N-word spam you had to worry about, it was blind links to download viruses or Trojans which would hack your browser and start spamming porn windows and stuff

Remember the porn window spam where closing one made 2 more open? Remember the pop ups that would skate around your screen when you tried to close them? People seem to have some seriously rose colored glasses remembering the old internet pre-“gamergate”. If you didn’t have a thick skin for insults and even better virus protection, your psyche and your computer were fucked

A/S/L ?

unsunghero
06-13-2023, 12:27 AM
A/S/L ?

Ah, memories…

Infectious
06-14-2023, 10:44 AM

Ohh my God. Someone insulted someone in a video game. How is this life! We should all consult with our parents and figure out a punishment. I'm thinking double chores all summer?

Rager and Quitter
06-14-2023, 12:07 PM
I don't feel safe right now. Can we delete this thread? I'm starting to feel really offended.

Duik
06-14-2023, 06:15 PM
I don't feel safe right now. Can we delete this thread? I'm starting to feel really offended.

Check with your witty username.
That's good advice for snowflake alpha males.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-14-2023, 06:24 PM
snowflake alpha males.

https://i.imgur.com/LH78SVW.jpg

Duik
06-14-2023, 07:17 PM
That bastard wrecked the charlie chaplin moustache. Fuck him and his little dog too.

arvidez
06-15-2023, 12:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LH78SVW.jpg

yo, this guy is a hit around here. who keeps bringing him?

BigPlays
06-16-2023, 07:31 AM
I get that people like to play this game for nostalgia, but how can people invest their lives into this being an EMU? I'll admit I poopsocked on live back in 1999-2002, but that people still do it today is crazy

cd288
06-20-2023, 09:36 AM
I get that people like to play this game for nostalgia, but how can people invest their lives into this being an EMU? I'll admit I poopsocked on live back in 1999-2002, but that people still do it today is crazy

To a certain extent, sure it is. But context is key. For some people (probably yourself included) video games take up a large percentage of their time. At that point, is there really any difference between playing P99 or playing some other game for hours on end?

If the argument is "why invest so much time into something that could just disappear eventually" then you should never play any MMO at all, emulated or otherwise.

Toxigen
06-20-2023, 09:42 AM
realistically you should never play any video game ever

yet here we are

Naerron
06-28-2023, 03:17 AM
and what would Karen Silkwood say? if she were still alive.