PDA

View Full Version : Kunark Historic Quest Blue Balls

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:03 PM
Kinda wish they'd just implement these. The items drop for them. They were originally designed to be in Kunark, but they never got around to fixing them until later when the items didn't even matter.

Kinda sick of the blue balls - the items were practically a second (groupable) epic, and entirely worth getting.

I don't see the value of keeping broken quests in the game for the sake of "nostalgia" and "as accurate to classic as possible".

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:08 PM
Dear p99 devs:

I will personally do all the research and SQL work required to fix these quests for your servers.

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:10 PM
Yes I am biased - I want the 10 second clicky necro lifetap shield.
Yes I am biased - I want my 9th Necromancer cap with the clickable "Morternum" lifetap-over-time that was as good as Vexing Mordinia, and stacked.

branamil
03-29-2023, 01:13 PM
Dear p99 devs:

I will personally do all the research and SQL work required to fix these quests for your servers.

There are many people willing to work on this, but the devs are secretive / closed source. And even if they they let a new person join their dev team, they likely wouldnt """"""approve""""" their patch until 2040.

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:17 PM
These items alone are one of the few reasons I keep going back to the TLP Krono farm monster that it is because for a brief window in time before Luclin rolls out on the server, I can play my necro the way it was intended - to indeed be a god that I work hard for.

I just want that distilled on p99, and something I can drink from time and time again.
I can almost get there with the amount of time I've put into my necromancer, but it will never quite match without these items.

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:20 PM
I am merely ranting this as I farm Green Goblin Skins - and seeing items drop for the Necromancer Cap and Shaman Cudgel that are completely "out of era" - yet still drop on the server. I have half a mind to just attempt to do them, just to see if for some ungodly chance that the quests are active from newer server code and the devs didn't simply clone p99 Blue.

But that's wishful thinking.

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:24 PM
I also write this just going off the p99 wiki - which itself, has many articles innaccurate and out of date from what has been updated on the servers.

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:26 PM
Demi Lich Skullcap

LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: HEAD
AC: 10
DEX: +10 STA: +10 CHA: -5 INT: +15 HP: +50 MANA: +75
SV MAGIC: +10
Effect: Morternum (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 10.0) at Level 50
WT: 0.6 Size: SMALL
Class: NEC
Race: ALL

Tell me these aren't Kunark / Velious stats on these items

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:27 PM
If "Morternum" isn't Kunark era - hell, swap it to Vexing Mordinia. It's the same effect.

Toxigen
03-29-2023, 01:32 PM
drugs

Smoofers
03-29-2023, 01:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/FVaR3s8.png

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 01:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/FVaR3s8.png

It is in fact a rant.

Ratchet51
03-29-2023, 02:15 PM
You're never gonna get what you want here, and there's nothing more classic than that.

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 02:18 PM
You're never gonna get what you want here, and there's nothing more classic than that.

xD you are not wrong

loramin
03-29-2023, 02:22 PM

I wouldn't say never. The staff has mentioned the possibility of classicly-themed custom content someday, and making classic quests work is about as classicly-themed as it gets.

Of course, as custom content, there's no guarantee the quests would work the same, or that they'd give the same rewards ... and the devs haven't mentioned custom content in a long time, so it may never happen ... and even if it does happen it likely won't be until many years from now ...

... but it could happen ;)

Toxigen
03-29-2023, 02:23 PM
should have checked the wiki

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't say never. The staff has mentioned the possibility of classicly-themed custom content someday, and making classic quests work is about as classicly-themed as it gets.

Of course, as custom content, there's no guarantee the quests would work the same, or that they'd give the same rewards ... and the devs haven't mentioned custom content in a long time, so it may never happen ... and even if it does happen it likely won't be until many years from now ...

... but it could happen ;)

One can hope - I remain hopeful. Any attempt to fix / customize these quests would be amazing.

loramin
03-29-2023, 03:53 PM
One can hope - I remain hopeful.

https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/f/friedrichnietzsche/105845/friedrichnietzsche1.jpg

;)

Sirquestalot
03-29-2023, 06:04 PM
It is in fact a rant.

I, for one, would like to thank you for putting this post in the RnF, instead of Blue or Green forums. So sick of seeing "I have a cool idea for a custom server" junk in those forums instead of where they belong... RnF or Off Topic.

I will vote +1 for getting some of these things that were only left out of classic because someone at Sony / Verant missed their deadline. But I won't delude myself into thinking that it belongs on Blue, Green, or Red. Perhaps a Purple Plus server, someday.

sinespawn
03-29-2023, 06:10 PM
I, for one, would like to thank you for putting this post in the RnF, instead of Blue or Green forums. So sick of seeing "I have a cool idea for a custom server" junk in those forums instead of where they belong... RnF or Off Topic.

I will vote +1 for getting some of these things that were only left out of classic because someone at Sony / Verant missed their deadline. But I won't delude myself into thinking that it belongs on Blue, Green, or Red. Perhaps a Purple Plus server, someday.

Oh yes, I full fledgedly knew this was more a personal rant than a suggestion - I'm sure there have been way too many of these on the server forums. :) I wanted to respect the community and the devs in that regard.

Here's to hoping a Purple Plus server, someday. ^_^

Topgunben
03-29-2023, 08:28 PM

Ain’t that the truth. If we all got what we wanted, we’d all leave.

Tormmac
03-29-2023, 08:31 PM
its better to keep things simple, too many niches makes a bunch of tiny population server competing with each other which sucks