PDA

View Full Version : Any idea on when Kunark will be added?

VincentVolaju
03-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Like title says, anyone have any ideas on when they think Kunark will be added to the server?

Dukat
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM
If the P99 server keeps pace with the original release it will be 8 more months till Kunark. Seems a little long for content the players have already beaten to death, so I would bet on somewhere between 3-5 months.

Taminy
03-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Much of this is dependent on the devs actually completing Kunark.

There is still a lot of work to do.

atvaata
03-11-2010, 05:15 AM
less speculation. if the devs had it done, they could release it tomorrow if they want.

stop asking this question.

it will be out when its out. Yer here at their whim, dont forget this.

redghosthunter
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Has the Mob Bosses-- All , been taken down? Love to see the screenshots

Virtuosos
03-11-2010, 04:29 PM
all have, and all are on farm mode lol

believe a post somewhere says that there are over 400 quest lines broken and many more bugs involved with kunark that they are only partially working on, while mainly focusing on perfecting what they already have.

hell, i hope it takes awhile...i want to get two or three level 50's by that point lol

Rael
03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Much of this is dependent on the devs actually completing Kunark.

There is still a lot of work to do.

I might be wrong, but isn't Kunark already done on other eqemu servers? Ie PEQ, VZTZ... is there really any need to 'redo' in for p99?

Ferok
03-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I might be wrong, but isn't Kunark already done on other eqemu servers? Ie PEQ, VZTZ... is there really any need to 'redo' in for p99?

Yes, because Verant (and other servers) have changed it quite a bit since it's release. Case and point: Chardok. There's others I'm sure, but I didn't play Kunark when it was released so I'm not sure. That's just the easiest example.

Swindle
03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Last time I played on EQlive the "good" outpost in Firona Vie was taken over by Inkies and the Wood Elves and High Elves were banished to some nearby ruins by the Drolvarg caves. Like Chardok, that will need re-doing.

Malrubius
03-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Like title says, anyone have any ideas on when they think Kunark will be added to the server?

This has been speculated on and respeculated on ad nauseum...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2478&highlight=timeline

In other words, nobody knows and it is all speculation.

My opinion - the original timeline idea seems to have gone out the window with the recent "quicker than classic" releases, which is sad. So Kunark will probably be out soon, which is far, far, sadder.

VincentVolaju
03-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Ive never made it to 50 before in EQ, I always played more UO back in 98-02, so I was wondering. For someone who isnt too familiar with the higher leveler zones in EQ, but has been playin MMOs for 12 years. If I were make a Mage and start playing about 6-10ish hours a day, around how long do you guys think it would take me to get 50? I know it depends on alot of different things but, just a rough est. how long do you all think?

Humerox
03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Ive never made it to 50 before in EQ, I always played more UO back in 98-02, so I was wondering. For someone who isnt too familiar with the higher leveler zones in EQ, but has been playin MMOs for 12 years. If I were make a Mage and start playing about 6-10ish hours a day, around how long do you guys think it would take me to get 50? I know it depends on alot of different things but, just a rough est. how long do you all think?

Roughly 3-4 weeks is all it would take, playing that many hours a day. You may find a problem getting into higher end guilds tho...since there are 50 bajillion (love that Day) mages on the server. Then again, maybe not...who knows.

Zarniwooop
03-12-2010, 02:58 AM
I was hoping for a year of classic as work has pulled me out of the game for at least a month and probably another few weeks on top.

I'm having just a ton of fun with classic.

Ermonican
03-12-2010, 08:28 AM
I was hoping for a year of classic Me too! Life is a heck of lot more busy these days compared to 1999 :D

Rael
03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes, because Verant (and other servers) have changed it quite a bit since it's release. Case and point: Chardok. There's others I'm sure, but I didn't play Kunark when it was released so I'm not sure. That's just the easiest example.

But 90% of the spawns, items, quests etc will be the same so can just be ported across from PEQ. People are talking like they're gonna have to recode every quest in perl and determine every mob's spawnpoint, which shouldn't be needed if the other eqemu projects share that info.

Ferok
03-12-2010, 03:34 PM
But 90% of the spawns, items, quests etc will be the same so can just be ported across from PEQ. People are talking like they're gonna have to recode every quest in perl and determine every mob's spawnpoint, which shouldn't be needed if the other eqemu projects share that info.

Assuming the 90% figure is accurate, don't assume that 10% of Kunark is some trivial amount of content.

There's also the project unto itself of determining what changed since then, and when, where, and how. Also not trivial, especially considering PEQ is known to contain quite a bit of custom content. Identifying that should be a little easier, but what do I know.

Further, I imagine that the Kunark stuff will only get looked into heavily once most of the issues with "classic" are worked out. I don't know whether the devs have already started in with Kunark, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't.

Alawen Everywhere
03-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Nice attempt to trivialize the effort involved by completely making up a statistic with no apparent familiarity with the project whatsoever. This game is free for us to play. Some respect and gratitude seem like the least we can return.

Finawin
03-12-2010, 03:44 PM
90%? lol

Somebody never played back then to know the difference...

Anon
03-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice attempt to trivialize the effort involved by completely making up a statistic with no apparent familiarity with the project whatsoever. This game is free for us to play. Some respect and gratitude seem like the least we can return.

Why do you guys have to be such dicks to eath other all the time? It seems like a lot of you guys jump at any chance to show someone up, flame them, flash your uber 1337 eq knowledge, and just generally use any opportunity to make your pathetic selves feel better by putting someone else down. You play a fucking decade+ old mmorpg and a lot of you derive way too much self importance from it. I feel sorry for a lot of you, you know who you are.

Morfnblorsh
03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Well, possibly, because someone made a wildly unreasonable claim and needed to be educated. Rudeness begets rudeness I suppose.

Ferok
Why do you guys have to be such dicks to eath other all the time? It seems like a lot of you guys jump at any chance to show someone up, flame them, flash your uber 1337 eq knowledge, and just generally use any opportunity to make your pathetic selves feel better by putting someone else down. You play a fucking decade+ old mmorpg and a lot of you derive way too much self importance from it. I feel sorry for a lot of you, you know who you are.

Says the guy so cowardly that he'd create an account named "Anon"? Biting words pal.

Lonedrahon25
Ooooo. I love anon posts. Juicy!

Anon
03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Says the guy so cowardly that he'd create an account named "Anon"? Biting words pal.

What a retarded response. Oh yes so frickin cowardly. None of you know me anyway, it doesn't make any damn difference. And no, none of what I said is a reaction to anything thats been said to me, it's your pathetic fuckin attitudes, that is all.

This wasn't directed at you Ferok, so stfu

Ferok
03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
What a retarded response. Oh yes so frickin cowardly. None of you know me anyway, it doesn't make any damn difference. And no, none of what I said is a reaction to anything thats been said to me, it's your pathetic fuckin attitudes, that is all.

There's the big man that stands behind his words! Look at ya go!

Anon
03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
There's the big man that stands behind his words! Look at ya go!

fuck you troll, ur posts don't make any sense.

here YOU go doing what you and your shitty toll friends do best: stir up shit unnecessarily to boost your own egos.

Jete
03-12-2010, 05:31 PM
You must pay the troll toll to get the boys hole! .... Soul!

Anon
03-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, possibly, because someone made a wildly unreasonable claim and needed to be educated. Rudeness begets rudeness I suppose.

I didn't see anything rude about that post about 90% of kunark or some shit. So fucking what the guy didnt know what he was talking about, is this a reason for all the internet tough guy EQ nerds to come out of the woodwork to flame someone? There's a lot of cool people here and then there's a percentage of you who should go die in the gas chamber right now.

If this doesn't describe you, then don't be all butthurt, and just move along, nothing to see here.

Morfnblorsh
03-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the ONLY reason to go all "internet tough guy" on someone.

Finawin
03-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Lol he says something about nerdrage, while raging. Classic.

Ferok
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
fuck you troll, ur posts don't make any sense.

here YOU go doing what you and your shitty toll friends do best: stir up shit unnecessarily to boost your own egos.

Seems like the one stirring up shit here... well, that's you.

If my post don't make any sense, why are you so offended by them? Because I'm calling you out for being an anonymous coward? Sorry, that's just calling a spade a spade.

Anon
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Seems like the one stirring up shit here... well, that's you.

If my post don't make any sense, why are you so offended by them? Because I'm calling you out for being an anonymous coward? Sorry, that's just calling a spade a spade.

Before you jumped in to pile on about something that wasnt even about you, I actually thought your previous posts in this thread were the most helpful/appropriate.

doesn't make sense: /sarcasm of me standing behind my words????

I already said you guys do not know me. would it make you feel better if I made a fantasy sounding name with post count 1 ??? How is this being a coward, or do you just like to talk random shit to people fo no apparent reason?

This is the entire point here, some of you suck the ooze from rotting crotch. You refuse to get along with people, if you get any and i mean ANY opening to fuck with someone, talk shit, and just generally be an immature prick who acts like a 13 year old, you're on it like stink on shit

Lanor
03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
anonymous or not the dude has a point

Lonedrahon25
03-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Im glad i bookmarked this thread...*popcorn* .... Im kidding about the bookmark part...

Ferok
03-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Before you jumped in to pile on about something that wasnt even about you, I actually thought your previous poss in this thread were the most helpful/appropriate.

doesn't make sense: /sarcasm of me standing behind my words????

I already said you guys do not know me. would it make you feel better if I made a fantasy sounding name with post count 1 ??? How is this being a coward, or do you just like to talk random shit to people fo no apparent reason?

This is the entire point here, some of you suck the ooze from rotting crotch. You refue to get along woith people, if you get any and i mean ANY opening to fuck with someone, talk shit, and just generally be an immature prick who acts like a 13 year old

I don't "know" anyone here, personally. Or really in the game. But I do play on this server, and I have made it known who my play character is on various threads. And who I played on other servers.

In a game like EQ, your name and reputation count for something. Not always alot, but something.

So, if you want to come to the message boards and rant about the people here, you should disclose your identity. That is, assuming you play here.

However, if you don't play here... what is it exactly you're doing on these message boards? Just trolling the internets looking for assholes to cast dispersions on?

Edit: Btw, the person you quoted (so I assume that's who you were calling out) is generally a pretty respectable person, as far as I've seen around here. Your calling-them-out-for-being-an-asshole post was far more offensive than anything they said, IMO.

Anon
03-12-2010, 06:05 PM
So, if you want to come to the message boards and rant about the people here, you should disclose your identity. That is, assuming you play here.

Totally irrelevant to the point at hand.

I'm not the one in question here, it's the fucktards of p1999 that are on trial, not me.

If you cant handle the fact that the immaturity level of some of the people here is an embarassment, and that bothers you enough to retaliate against something that wasnt even directed at you, then that's your problem.

Ferok
03-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Totally irrelevant to the point at hand.

I'm not the one in question here, it's the fucktards of p1999 that are on trial, not me.

If you cant handle the fact that the immaturity level of some of the people here is an embarassment, and that bothers you enough to retaliate against something that wasnt even directed at you, then that's your problem.

Really, no one is on trial here.

Just because you called someone out doesn't make them any more "on trial" than me calling you out makes you "on trial".

But if we are putting people on trial, I'm pretty sure the accused gets to know the identity of their accuser in most justice systems.

Anon
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
fortunately we arent actually in a court of law. the accused need no special protection or loopholes to get off with a plea bargain.

No one ever answered the initial question.

Morfnblorsh
03-12-2010, 06:14 PM
The initial question of "Why do people have to be jerks?".

I felt I covered it quite succinctly. Retarded claims attract retards.

Rael
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Somebody never played back then to know the difference...

I must have missed the patch where LOIO stopped being a high end raid zone

Notice how I started my original post with "I might be wrong but...", I don't think suggesting avoiding code/database duplication is trivializing anyone's achievements.

faenyar
03-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Only thing I ever remember raiding in LOIO was that stupid crazy ass gorilla... tangrin I think he was called?

Ferok
03-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Only thing I ever remember raiding in LOIO was that stupid crazy ass gorilla... tangrin I think he was called?

I didn't really get that either; I'm guessing it's sarcasm from the context.

Rael
03-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Tangrin was field of bone

Anon
03-12-2010, 07:08 PM

Nice attempt at being a douchebag cocksucker.

Im sure he really came on here to downplay the effort it takes to run an emu server and release an expansion. That guy realy had nothing better to do than just be a dick out of nowhere.... oh wait a minute that was you

Finawin
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
ANON RAGES YOU FOR 1PT OF CRY DAMAGE

Alawen is one of the coolest people on the server.

Anon
03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
ANON RAGES YOU FOR 1PT OF CRY DAMAGE

Alawen is one of the coolest people on the server.

OOOHHHH ! some EQ rep, well OMFG i guess i should just STFU cause someone thinks someone else is a "cool" guy on the server. Ur a fucking troll too. U guys are realy fucking sad... you put all your eggs in one EQ basket of nerdyness. If I was your dad i would have disowned you after you let your bedridden gradmother die from neglect while you were camping Jboots.

Anyone who is flaming me for bringing this up :

either what I'm saying is completely wrong and lacks any merit

OR

it applies to you and you're mad because someone called you out for the pathetic, immature fools you are.

Enjoy your Harry Potter Fan Club membership

Finawin
03-12-2010, 07:37 PM
It's funny how he thinks everyone neglects real life for the game, and here he screams at the keyboard, frothing at the mouth, whipped into an infantile fit of rage over some forum posts?

I mean it's "lol" worthy kind of funny.

Shaun421
03-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Anon, fight me irl :D

Zexa
03-12-2010, 08:23 PM

The Tangrin was in The Field of Bone. And just to give Anon something to do...Why don't you learn the game before you open your mouth you frickin' noob! :p

There was the final battle of the monk epic in LOIO. That was a pretty fun one. Xenovorash I think?

faenyar
03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Lol well, yeah what can I say, it was a LONG time ago and I'm nearly 44 years old (end of may). That's probably considered early senility range for some of you young whippersnappers so I think I can be forgiven for misremembering the zone. I'm surprised I remembered the "tangrin" part TBH :)

Zexa
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Lol well, yeah what can I say, it was a LONG time ago and I'm nearly 44 years old (end of may). That's probably considered early senility range for some of you young whippersnappers so I think I can be forgiven for misremembering the zone. I'm surprised I remembered the "tangrin" part TBH :)

Yeah, I only remember him because I worked so hard when luclin came out to get my SK AA bard speed mount so that I could train him to Cabilis and watch him destroy the town!

He fought a good fight, but ultimately lost. Poor feller.

Alawen Everywhere
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Perhaps I was a little harsh. I apologize if anyone was sincerely offended and not just looking for something to go off about.

My position is that we have the finest development team in all of EQEMU. They seem to have a solid plan and have put a lot of thought into their plans, including the timing of those plans. Making demands or trivializing the effort that they put into this server is offensive to ME.

Modus
03-12-2010, 11:57 PM
it's the fucktards of p1999 that are on trial, not me.

you cant handle the fact that the immaturity level of some of the people here is an embarassment

Consecutive sentences of hilarity.

The cowardliness of people on the internet disgusts me, and no matter how valid some of your points are, I refuse to take anything you say seriously when posted under an anonymous name.

This forum would be much more civil and honest if there was a hard-coded solution to matching forum names with in-game characters.

Modus

Modus
03-13-2010, 12:17 AM

And no, none of what I said is a reaction to anything thats been said to me, it's your pathetic fuckin attitudes, that is all.

But 90% of the spawns, items, quests etc will be the same so can just be ported across from PEQ.

I didn't see anything rude about that post about 90% of kunark or some shit.

Possibly not a good idea, as anyone who remembers Prophets of Sullon Zek on The Sleeper server can attest to.

You play a fucking decade+ old mmorpg and a lot of you derive way too much self importance from it. I feel sorry for a lot of you, you know who you are.

And tried the NPCs in Misty, BB and GFay yet to no avail. Is this item non-classic or is it missing from these vendors?

Your sentence structure and verbiage gave it away. The resonance of your tone and rhythm of voice is also consistent, with ~96% certainty.

Elementary, my dear Watson!

Modus

Aeolwind
03-13-2010, 12:35 AM

Considering there are over 300 broken quests, melee disciplines have to be re-written from the ground up to work classically, lets not forget spawn times adjusted, & we have to rebuild Nurga and Droga from the ground up since they are the revamped versions.

VP is missing probably 50 mobs, god only knows how many in OS/HS/Karnors are missing. Loot tables have to be revamped, mobs have to have grids, pathing needs to be set on all indoor area's and some outdoor, scripts for events have to be written. Scripts for death/aggro texts, AE's, etc need to be done. OH yeah, the biggy, faction.

Yeah, we have to "redo" lots. While we use what we can from the others that have put in a TON of sweat, tears, blood & soul into the emulator project; much of it either a) isn't classic b) hasn't been done or C) just flat doesn't work (Rare!).

And due to the flaming in this thread that has gone back and forth amongst MANY parties, I'm closing this thread.

Aeolwind
03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Your sentence structure and verbiage gave it away. The resonance of your tone and rhythm of voice is also consistent, with ~96% certainty.

Elementary, my dear Watson!

Modus

Wrong. We generally know who the anonymous posters are, and I do in this case as well. No need to drag Rael's name down.