PDA

View Full Version : How long do Reimbursments take

Nibbles
10-18-2022, 08:11 PM
I handed in items for the soulfire with high kindly faction (This was enough to do all other hand ins) and the guy ate my items.

First, why he just would not reject them outright and give them back is beyond me if faction was not high enough?

Second, how long does it take to get the items back?

TIA

loramin
10-18-2022, 08:15 PM
First, why he just would not reject them outright and give them back is beyond me if faction was not high enough?

Because that's how the game worked in 1999. Blame Brad McQuaid ;)

Second, how long does it take to get the items back?

It will vary, but it can take over half a year if you aren't lucky (source: I've been waiting > 6 months for a reimbursement myself).

Selene
10-18-2022, 09:42 PM
i think you shouldn't be aiming for high kindly faction. I went past warmly and got to ally and it worked

Danth
10-18-2022, 10:34 PM
Exceptions exist, but on average you can probably re-do the quest faster than the average petition takes. Of course you might get lucky.

Danth

Chortles Snortles
10-18-2022, 10:41 PM
apologies, but it sounds like you are not getting a reimbursement :(

Swish
10-18-2022, 11:11 PM
Exceptions exist, but on average you can probably re-do the quest faster than the average petition takes. Of course you might get lucky.

Danth

This is the truth.

Nibbles
10-19-2022, 11:12 AM
i think you shouldn't be aiming for high kindly faction. I went past warmly and got to ally and it worked

The only reason I went in with it was because all of the other turn ins worked with faction below what was stated in the wiki. Like I handed in the cloth shirt to the guy in EC with apprehensive and still got the coin. Same with the sword of faith...I did that with amiable.

cd288
10-19-2022, 12:28 PM
Do you even get a reimbursement for something like this? I would be surprised if you would. You handed in quest items below the necessary faction. Last I recall they don't reimburse for something like that, but maybe they changed and are more lenient about it.

But as Danth said above, it's probably just faster to re-do the quest. Reimbursements can sometimes take several months since the staff are all unpaid volunteers.

Nibbles
10-19-2022, 02:36 PM
Do you even get a reimbursement for something like this? I would be surprised if you would. You handed in quest items below the necessary faction. Last I recall they don't reimburse for something like that, but maybe they changed and are more lenient about it.

But as Danth said above, it's probably just faster to re-do the quest. Reimbursements can sometimes take several months since the staff are all unpaid volunteers.

The problem is the factions stated in the wiki are way off.

"Go to North Freeport and find Valeron Dushire on the balcony of the Hall of Truth. If you are not a follower of the Hall of Truth, please ensure you are of max faction with the Knights of Truth."

This is not true. I was kindly and this worked. I thought I was good for the final turn in

Damarous
10-19-2022, 02:56 PM
The wiki is not staff run, and they are not responsible for it's content. Therefore the wiki being wrong would not be a reason for them to reimburse you

Synphul
10-19-2022, 02:57 PM

"Go to North Freeport and find Valeron Dushire on the balcony of the Hall of Truth. If you are not a follower of the Hall of Truth, please ensure you are of max faction with the Knights of Truth."

This is not true. I was kindly and this worked. I thought I was good for the final turn in

I'm pretty sure cd is right about this not being a situation where they will reimburse. It sounds like you got lucky that the earlier turn-in went through, but if the wiki states max faction is required at any point then I'd assume it's required elsewhere in the quest. You chose to gamble with your pieces and lost. I've never had problems with turn-ins when I followed the recommended faction guidelines from the wiki. The wiki is also not maintained by the staff so they are not liable for any discrepencies found there. Maybe they will help you, but you're probably better off just doing it again as others have mentioned.

cd288
10-19-2022, 03:36 PM

Yeah I can follow your logic, but unfortunately that's not the way classic EQ is. There are quests where different stages can require different faction. If you happen to find a step in a quest that requires lower faction than what's stated on the wiki definitely feel free to edit the wiki to specify that, but I wouldn't assume that lower level of faction is sufficient for every turn in step of the quest...EQ is just weird like that.

loramin
10-19-2022, 03:37 PM

If only there was a way that you could correct misinformation in a wiki ...

Chortles Snortles
10-19-2022, 03:45 PM
haha this guy lost his epics items hand in, let me respond sarcastically to encourage him to edit the wiki
loramin logic
:rolleyes:

loramin
10-19-2022, 04:47 PM
Your recent obsession with me (and with mischaracterizing my posts) is not healthy Chuckles.

Chortles Snortles
10-19-2022, 04:50 PM
that'll teach em
(lol)

Tunabros
10-19-2022, 05:05 PM
loramin and chortles should make out and have sex already

Jibartik
10-19-2022, 05:10 PM
If you get a torn burnt book go give it to Rysva and leave.

magnetaress
10-19-2022, 05:42 PM
How can u get a reimbursement if you never paid for something?

Nibbles
10-19-2022, 08:15 PM
Then it should be fixed that it gives you the items back instead of eating them. Obviously a QOL change which should be made.

Where else does it state you need ally faction for the turn in?

Infectious
10-19-2022, 08:52 PM
Then it should be fixed that it gives you the items back instead of eating them. Obviously a QOL change which should be made.

Maybe this isn't the game for you lady. This server is recreating classic everquest, which didn't have your "QOL" changes. I would say try again. If your unsure, use allakhazam to look further into quest info. I say don't give up and try again. Good luck.

loramin
10-19-2022, 09:02 PM
Maybe this isn't the game for you lady. This server is recreating classic everquest, which didn't have your "QOL" changes. I would say try again. If your unsure, use allakhazam to look further into quest info. I say don't give up and try again. Good luck.

Infectious is right: this place is for people who want to play a game from 1999-2001 ... warts and all. To enjoy yourself here, it's really best to accept that "old bad stuff" is going to be a part of the game ... and you may even find, if you stay long enough, that some stuff you thought was "old/bad", is actually "old/good".

That being said, don't take his advice about Allakhazam, as it has information from live (ie. not 1999-2001) EverQuest. Use http://wiki.project1999.com/ instead.

Danth
10-20-2022, 03:02 AM
That being said, don't take his advice about Allakhazam, as it has information from live (ie. not 1999-2001) EverQuest. Use http://wiki.project1999.com/ instead.

Note that the P1999 wiki was created with a large amount of cut-and-paste directly out of then-present (circa 2010) Allakhazam, so the wiki contains some inaccuracies as well. Sometimes that's the cause of issues similar to the one brought up in this thread. The wiki editors have done a good job backdating the pages to P99 specific so it's usually the best source, but not always.

You can use archived versions of EQ sites (Allakhazam, Castersrealm, etc) from the 1999-2001 period without the "tainted by modern info" problem. Downside here is this was a game from 20+ years ago, without present-day datamining, so sometimes people didn't know the answers and there was often conflicting stories to be had.

Danth

loramin
10-20-2022, 12:33 PM
Note that the P1999 wiki was created with a large amount of cut-and-paste directly out of then-present (circa 2010) Allakhazam, so the wiki contains some inaccuracies as well. Sometimes that's the cause of issues similar to the one brought up in this thread. The wiki editors have done a good job backdating the pages to P99 specific so it's usually the best source, but not always.

You can use archived versions of EQ sites (Allakhazam, Castersrealm, etc) from the 1999-2001 period without the "tainted by modern info" problem. Downside here is this was a game from 20+ years ago, without present-day datamining, so sometimes people didn't know the answers and there was often conflicting stories to be had.

Danth

You're not wrong exactly, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say that like 70% of the wiki content is more accurate than Allakhazam, 29.9% is the same, and 0.1% (or probably less) is wrong on both, but you can find the right answer on the Wayback Machine.

Oh, and then there's got to be like 0.0001% that's actually more accurate on Allakhazam. But the point is, the wiki is by far the most accurate source of P99 info. By far.

Danth
10-20-2022, 03:30 PM
No argument, Loramin; I agree the P99 wiki is usually best (hence why I bolded it above). The greater point is if someone wants to use some other EQ site, he should use an archived period-appropriate version and not a near-useless contemporary version.

Kich867
10-20-2022, 03:46 PM

Are you referring to this turn in?

Turn in the returned unsealed Note, Testimony, Hilt, and Sword to Hayle to receive SoulFire (turn-in failed, returning message 'You have not proven yourself' after Lashun conned 'warmly' at turning in 1000 gold 2 at a time)

If so, I think this would indicate you need ally faction, unless I'm misreading this. I took this to mean "warmly doesn't work, you must be ally" given the last part.

nilbog
10-20-2022, 03:51 PM
Brother Hayle gives a bit of a warning when a player turns in the Sealed Note.

You must honor both the Temple of Life as well as the Hall of Truth and to a high degree. Only then shall you hold Soulfire.Faction Requirement is warmly.

Added missing multiquest text, pending update.

Nibbles
10-20-2022, 04:31 PM
He did not say anything when I handed it in...even if he did that message is pretty vague. High degree could mean anything. Amiable...kindly...warmly to me would mean a high degree.

Ooloo
10-20-2022, 05:14 PM
He did not say anything when I handed it in...even if he did that message is pretty vague. High degree could mean anything. Amiable...kindly...warmly to me would mean a high degree.

I'm sorry to hear your turn in got eaten, definitely been there before, but we could also just spawn with our epics at lvl 1 yet we don't.

Gustoo
10-20-2022, 06:16 PM
Epics are hard to get.

Nibbles
10-20-2022, 07:01 PM
I mean, I would understand if at some point one of the quest givers say "You need XX faction to do this" Or "Thou needs to be an ally with us" or "You need to warm up to us"...or like Nilbog said when you hand in the note he says " I shall return this but you are not yet ready"

I mean even Diablo 2, which I would say has the most hardcore base of people who hate change, made some QOL changes like gold pickup, fixing 20 year old bugs etc. They even went as far as changing the way Dclone spawns. Surely EQ can do the same thing. You are talking about a time when there where what...3-4 mmo's out there? Not even?

I would assume that if you spoke to devs who worked on EQ back then, they would also say "yeah that was just a bug we never really got around to fixing" Pet windows are a thing when they should not be...so there is that too.

Chortles Snortles
10-20-2022, 07:31 PM
i'm sure Brad will get right on that

Nibbles
10-20-2022, 08:00 PM
i'm sure Brad will get right on that

Poor Brad died from the clot shot

Gustoo
10-20-2022, 10:23 PM
Unfortunately this is a hard quest. Infinitely easier than in 1999 due to all the info on the wiki.

I’ve gotten boned big times on quests, it’s rough. I’ve turned in like 12 shining metallic robes and never got a robe of the underfoot. I think I’m missing something but my lumps of ore seem to indicate the quest is working as intended. But I dunno.

Sorry this happened to you my ally against the programmers.

Sirquestalot
10-20-2022, 11:07 PM
I'm surprised no one else has already mentioned that the usual test to see if your faction is high enough for a stage of a quest is to converse with the npc about that stage of the quest. Too many players just read the wiki and hand their junk to the npc. But EQ was built as a "role-playing" game and that meant you were expected to converse with quest givers. And more often than not, the npc will say something along the lines of "I don't quite trust you enough yet." when your faction is too low.

Yes, Nibbles, EQ is as good (better, actually) than Diablo 2. But this is not EQ operated by the official game company that supports it so as to maintain their reputation to sell future games. This is an emulator server operated as a work of love. As such, it is maintained as was said earlier, "warts and all."

I'm sorry you lost your items and spent all that effort which you might as well just do over again from scratch. I've been waiting for a reimbursement for coming up on a full year now. So I feel your pain. Please just try to enjoy the ride and chalk up this experience as a learning event.

P.S. There are a lot of us who feel the pain of various broken spells and quests. (Immolate, Reaper of the Dead...) You're not alone by any stretch.

cd288
10-21-2022, 11:26 AM
Poor Brad died from the clot shot

I think everyone knows this person is just an idiot, but just in case you don't this is a false statement

Nibbles
10-21-2022, 02:51 PM
I think everyone knows this person is just an idiot, but just in case you don't this is a false statement

Coming from a quad jabbed sheep? got it.

cd288
10-21-2022, 06:38 PM

Brad died in 2019 idiot

Nibbles
10-21-2022, 08:09 PM
I am on my 5th booster

Way to go champ

Chortles Snortles
10-21-2022, 09:35 PM
moved to resolved

Tethler
10-21-2022, 10:16 PM

jfc, I hope your next attempt at epic is eaten by the NPCs too.

cd288
10-22-2022, 02:47 PM
Way to go champ

Whines about messing up his epic turn in like a complete idiot. Then insults people who tried to help him. Good job

cd288
10-22-2022, 02:47 PM
jfc, I hope your next attempt at epic is eaten by the NPCs too.

Staff probably gonna read this guys posts, look at the reimbursement request, and laugh and leave it in the queue lol

Nibbles
10-23-2022, 07:56 PM
I really do not care. Gonna just delete my account with 3 manastones

Chortles Snortles
10-23-2022, 08:42 PM
that'll teach em
(lol)

Infectious
10-23-2022, 09:21 PM

Please don't delete your account, you will be hurting us all. Lol

Tethler
10-24-2022, 02:11 AM

good

Kich867
10-24-2022, 08:47 AM

You're literally heavily vaccinated.