PDA

View Full Version : Help me gear a basically naked 50 warrior

Ooloo
09-10-2022, 03:20 PM
So a friend of mine played on green very early and rapidly leveled a warrior to 50 and then quit long before kunark came out, giving me his account when he left. He has mostly bronze armor and bad gear from vanilla era, so I'm just considering it naked.

I want to try playing a tank so I'm going to gear him up and try leveling him to 60. I've never played a warrior or any other tank class before, so it should be a fun and painful and hilarious learning experience.

I have about 20k to gear him with, so my main question is what should I buy given what's now available in velious? I also have no idea how disciplines work, or which ones are worth using, or when\where to use them. Any general tips or knowledge would be great, the wiki has guides but they aren't really extensive and I'd rather defer to the knowledge of people who have played warriors into the end game.

Also he's a gnome.

PatChapp
09-10-2022, 04:14 PM
Loot an infestation, buy a frostbringer and a staff of battle for when you don't want procs
Gnomes can wear the cool dwarven smithed plate so a set of that will fill your slots until you can get some quest armors

Chortles Snortles
09-10-2022, 05:25 PM
fortunately for OP Warriors solo better than Enchanters!

Toxigen
09-10-2022, 06:14 PM
20k? SCHW for haste, +65hp rings, the weapons chapp mentioned...otherwise sort each slot on the wiki by AC or HP and find cheap options or just yoloburn the rest of it in the tunnel on a couple busy weekend afternoons

also gnomes can get their own spell haste item with tinkering or w/e its called, really good for when you aren't grouped w/ an enc or shaman

Keebz
09-10-2022, 07:08 PM
Join a guild, do plate house, sky and six necks. Get free armor and a haste belt. In the meantime, you can try crusty armor for most slots and misc velious droppables for the others. Infestation + Frostbringer is your best bet pre-VP. Something like Seb Croaking Dirk or Sarnak Warhammer aren't the worst until you can get a Infestation.

PlsNoBan
09-11-2022, 04:09 PM
fortunately for OP Warriors solo better than Enchanters!

lol'd