PDA

View Full Version : is p99 dying or something?

Zoolander
05-14-2022, 06:36 PM
no hotkeys 7-8 on green for months?
druid spell immolate doing 0 (zero) damage on green for months?
just 2 examples.

whats up nilbog? no devs left?

Chortles Snortles
05-14-2022, 06:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wXW6jlm.gif

Ripqozko
05-14-2022, 06:56 PM
Sorry you don’t got hotkeys

nyclin
05-14-2022, 07:35 PM
seemingly simple changes can be very complex due to the way EQEMU works, I really just wish the devs would post more about debugging

Rager and Quitter
05-14-2022, 08:00 PM
no hotkeys 7-8 on green for months?
druid spell immolate doing 0 (zero) damage on green for months?
just 2 examples.

whats up nilbog? no devs left?

Yeah, I'm sure being a volunteer GM for years with nothing but lots of (alleged) RMT cash coming in gets boring. The level of autism at raiding levels is enough for anyone to see server upkeep as a chore not worth the time. When the server finally dies, it will be because of all the shitty drug-addicted shut-ins who have slowly bled the souls of support staff to come to hate the project and its player base. The GMs should have had a zero asshole tolerance from day 1 and just banned the horrible players outright. Instead they became friends with the players, choosing favorites and allowing the shitty behavior to fester until we're left with this.

Ghost of Starman
05-14-2022, 08:36 PM
All the problems of p99 could easily be resolved with enforced rotations or instancing, who knows how many thousands of players quit due to the "competitive" philosophy of the server. I'd say maybe 10% of raiders are actually into the hours of competitive wall staring and botted racing, the remaining 90% of people with some semblance of life outside the game would love to actually be able to schedule raiding around real life responsibilities.

Tethler
05-14-2022, 08:42 PM
All the problems of p99 could easily be resolved with enforced rotations or instancing

WTB rotation that fixes hotkeys 7-0

Shac
05-14-2022, 09:44 PM
everquest is a difficult game to optimize for because the code base was written in code that isn't easy for developers to look at add and subtract from. the time when blue was added into multiple hotkeys was written in and not documented fully, so the devs that went in and edited the code base and pushed to prod were really making it worse for future versions and servers. the amount of multiple tables the data base of code has to go through for a simple hotkey is outstanding, and the volume of requests that are send per account is pretty immense to the server. while the server may cost 600 dollar, all the donation just end up in the pocket of rogean and nilbog. while they probably deserve it for recreating the emulation experience of games we all enjoy, and love, it's funny that they dont just spend 10 bucks a month to hire some retarded community manager and a few staff to manage the forums, removing teal trading forums, and minor bs updates that would take 5 seconds and don't need apporval. but instead they spend their days buying coke and rums from a chinese drink cart every other night because rogean and nilbog both renounces their citizenship and moved to singapore. It's kind of crazy to think about how just evading a nations laws are so simplifed by just vowing some things and moving. the problem with the code base to not get on a tangent, is that there are millions and millions of lines of code, and if the associated tables arent aligned, then atomic alignment can't really happen even if you onboard new devs to the project. I think a lot of people on this website are correct in that the amount of people that are playing, vs the amount of rmt is outweighing the server admins/owners to really give a fuck. we're basically all supporting an early access game that ends up not delivering because the people that take on these giant projects become ghosts to community engagement.

starkind
05-14-2022, 10:09 PM
Everything is. Try red before it's too late.

Shac
05-14-2022, 10:23 PM
CONSIDER RED SERVER ITS SO MUCH FUN

branamil
05-14-2022, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I'm sure being a volunteer GM for years with nothing but lots of (alleged) RMT cash coming in gets boring. The level of autism at raiding levels is enough for anyone to see server upkeep as a chore not worth the time. When the server finally dies, it will be because of all the shitty drug-addicted shut-ins who have slowly bled the souls of support staff to come to hate the project and its player base. The GMs should have had a zero asshole tolerance from day 1 and just banned the horrible players outright. Instead they became friends with the players, choosing favorites and allowing the shitty behavior to fester until we're left with this.

DMN
05-15-2022, 12:36 AM
or something.

Kohedron
05-15-2022, 12:37 AM
Or its dying because pudgy glory day chasing snaggletooths ruin everything

Disease
05-15-2022, 01:17 AM
everquest is a difficult game to optimize for because the code base was written in code that isn't easy for developers to look at add and subtract from. the time when blue was added into multiple hotkeys was written in and not documented fully, so the devs that went in and edited the code base and pushed to prod were really making it worse for future versions and servers. the amount of multiple tables the data base of code has to go through for a simple hotkey is outstanding, and the volume of requests that are send per account is pretty immense to the server. while the server may cost 600 dollar, all the donation just end up in the pocket of rogean and nilbog. while they probably deserve it for recreating the emulation experience of games we all enjoy, and love, it's funny that they dont just spend 10 bucks a month to hire some retarded community manager and a few staff to manage the forums, removing teal trading forums, and minor bs updates that would take 5 seconds and don't need apporval. but instead they spend their days buying coke and rums from a chinese drink cart every other night because rogean and nilbog both renounces their citizenship and moved to singapore. It's kind of crazy to think about how just evading a nations laws are so simplifed by just vowing some things and moving. the problem with the code base to not get on a tangent, is that there are millions and millions of lines of code, and if the associated tables arent aligned, then atomic alignment can't really happen even if you onboard new devs to the project. I think a lot of people on this website are correct in that the amount of people that are playing, vs the amount of rmt is outweighing the server admins/owners to really give a fuck. we're basically all supporting an early access game that ends up not delivering because the people that take on these giant projects become ghosts to community engagement.

Another red scumbag calling out lord father Rogean and his fallen angel nilbog... LOL. This is why there will never be a new red server.

Arvan
05-15-2022, 01:27 AM
Consider blue it had a working hotkey bar and pet window

AenorVZ
05-15-2022, 05:28 AM
Another red scumbag calling out lord father Rogean and his fallen angel nilbog... LOL. This is why there will never be a new red server.

Yeah f that guy. Rogean just posted that the server has a significant cash balance but they're looking for hardware donations to save money and spend the donations responsibly. I guess the scumlord thinks Akamai hosting is free.

Worry
05-15-2022, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I'm sure being a volunteer GM for years with nothing but lots of (alleged) RMT cash coming in gets boring. The level of autism at raiding levels is enough for anyone to see server upkeep as a chore not worth the time. When the server finally dies, it will be because of all the shitty drug-addicted shut-ins who have slowly bled the souls of support staff to come to hate the project and its player base. The GMs should have had a zero asshole tolerance from day 1 and just banned the horrible players outright. Instead they became friends with the players, choosing favorites and allowing the shitty behavior to fester until we're left with this. People will dismiss this post as trolling I'm sure, but you hit it right on the nose honestly.

The shitty community ran off most of fairly normal folks, and will continue to do so until server is shut down. Unfortunately just how it is.

Wharfrat
05-15-2022, 09:44 AM

He's not wrong

Wharfrat
05-15-2022, 09:45 AM
People will dismiss this post as trolling I'm sure, but you hit it right on the nose honestly.

The shitty community ran off most of fairly normal folks, and will continue to do so until server is shut down. Unfortunately just how it is.

He's not wrong

Vianna
05-15-2022, 10:31 AM
All the problems of p99 could easily be resolved with enforced rotations or instancing, who knows how many thousands of players quit due to the "competitive" philosophy of the server. I'd say maybe 10% of raiders are actually into the hours of competitive wall staring and botted racing, the remaining 90% of people with some semblance of life outside the game would love to actually be able to schedule raiding around real life responsibilities.

Not as many as you would like to believe.

PlsNoBan
05-15-2022, 01:34 PM
P99 only feels like it's on the decline because we're in this weird place where there's 2 nearly identical servers stuck at the same spot in the timeline effectively splitting the community in half for no good reason. Half the world feels empty on both servers instead of having 1 server that feels alive and thriving. It made sense when Green wasn't at the same place as Blue but now it just feels weird and pointless.

The worst part of all though is that there's absolutely zero communication from staff about plans for the future. As far as I've seen/heard there hasn't been any official word on the plan for blue/green/merges/wipes.etc since before (or just after) Green launched. We're going on 3 years of radio silence and the silence is a bit deafening at this point.

Jibartik
05-15-2022, 01:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/NuDrsRw.png

DMN
05-15-2022, 02:03 PM
P99 only feels like it's on the decline because we're in this weird place where there's 2 nearly identical servers stuck at the same spot in the timeline effectively splitting the community in half for no good reason. Half the world feels empty on both servers instead of having 1 server that feels alive and thriving. It made sense when Green wasn't at the same place as Blue but now it just feels weird and pointless.

does it really feel dead? A day or two ago i logged on and there was near 1100 on green, 700+ on blue. have you considered you are simply just bored with EQ?

The worst part of all though is that there's absolutely zero communication from staff about plans for the future. As far as I've seen/heard there hasn't been any official word on the plan for blue/green/merges/wipes.etc since before (or just after) Green launched. We're going on 3 years of radio silence and the silence is a bit deafening at this point.

i think it's a smart choice, actually. Consider, for instance, these red lunatics running around expecting a new server apparently because rogean said something vague about having plans for red.

Jibartik
05-15-2022, 02:10 PM
Staff was raptured.

JDAm0nk
05-15-2022, 02:22 PM

Absolutely.

I don't raid and therefore I couldn't give two shits about Twitch streams of them digging through LawyerQuest petitions and all the other inane hand-holding that scene tends to require. Or posts about whatever Guild has been smacked on the wrist and is required to sit out certain "targets."

But I do care about the future of emulated EverQuest and the technical challenges remaining. Sadly, despite P99 being the most popular and most visible emu server right now, as stated - the silence has become deafening.

PlsNoBan
05-15-2022, 04:22 PM
does it really feel dead? A day or two ago i logged on and there was near 1100 on green, 700+ on blue. have you considered you are simply just bored with EQ?

Green sitting at ~950 and Blue sitting at ~650 on a Sunday evening. Is it "dead"? No obviously it isn't. However, it's certainly significantly lower (particularly on Blue) than it has been in the past.

starkind
05-15-2022, 04:40 PM
Z0GFRcFm-aY

Ravager
05-15-2022, 07:29 PM
Green sitting at ~950 and Blue sitting at ~650 on a Sunday evening. Is it "dead"? No obviously it isn't. However, it's certainly significantly lower (particularly on Blue) than it has been in the past.

It's also significantly higher than it has been in the past. There was a stretch of 300 pop primetime Friday nights at one time.

unsunghero
05-15-2022, 09:11 PM
Staff of P99 hard at work on the next update after a brief bout with covid

Swish
05-15-2022, 09:37 PM
No it can't die, my dkp stash!

Mblake1981
05-15-2022, 09:49 PM

Currently 1600 players combined on both green on blue, if you take away the amount of people playing two accounts, probably around 1100-1200 players, which is the total it ran on average between 2014 and the launch of green server. In other words, no it isn't dead or about to be, but having two servers has caused a rift that didn't exist during 'beta'.

cd288
05-15-2022, 09:50 PM

Banning those people wouldn’t do anything. They’d just make new accounts

Croco
05-15-2022, 10:09 PM
Banning those people wouldn’t do anything. They’d just make new accounts

then you ban those accounts, furtoxx both got banned off wow guess what they did? left that game and came back to shit up p99

cannobeers3
05-15-2022, 10:50 PM
This thread = confirmation bias + red players enjoying their time at a farm upstate, where they can run and play and be with friends and

A Knight
05-16-2022, 02:34 AM
I'm trying to donate for my first time. Sorry for being such a leach, dependent on everyone else's work to keep this project going.

AenorVZ
05-16-2022, 03:32 AM
No it can't die, my dkp stash!

Burning through it as we speak.

Jhadree J'Hadaan
05-16-2022, 07:08 AM
This may sound corny, but I'm grateful to have P99 in my life. Its like being addicted to a drug, and someone gives it to you free. All you have to do is take it. However, I would wager that 99% of everyone bitchin' about <anything> in P99, are not donating and never have. I don't donate. I'm suckling the free tittie, and I don't whinge about the source of the milk either. Thank you, Rogean and Staff. Your efforts are appreciated here.

Chortles Snortles
05-16-2022, 10:37 AM
almost 1200 logged in green this wknd
totes dying
(lol)

Tethler
05-16-2022, 06:09 PM
Everything is. Try red before it's too late.

Let's be real. It was too late for red 5+ years ago.

Disease
05-16-2022, 06:31 PM
Notice blue and green have no problems. But red does? Wonder why?

Jibartik
05-16-2022, 07:09 PM
Notice blue and green have no problems. But red does? Wonder why?

The U.S. Criminal Justice System.

Tethler
05-16-2022, 08:23 PM
The U.S. Criminal Justice System.

True, I wonder how much it would cost to have some prison labor farm stuff for me.

Rager and Quitter
05-16-2022, 09:51 PM
True, I wonder how much it would cost to have some prison labor farm stuff for me.

P99 is like Shawshank.

Bardp1999
05-16-2022, 11:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Sg6Po8k.jpg

Tethler
05-16-2022, 11:32 PM
P99 is like Shawshank.

Getting out and finding the buried treasure under the tree was just an allegory for RMTing out.

Jibartik
05-16-2022, 11:49 PM
If we voted for democrats red would be flourishing because we'd allow gaming in prison.

starkind
05-17-2022, 12:19 AM
I think the Ukraine war, covid, etc is really damaging gaming communities.

Shadowlands wasn't that bad. It was even pretty alright. It just became a locus of negativity in a collapsing industry already at full capacity.

A Knight
05-17-2022, 12:36 AM
I think the Ukraine war, covid, etc is really damaging gaming communities.

Shadowlands wasn't that bad. It was even pretty alright. It just became a locus of negativity in a collapsing industry already at full capacity.

I was there in the beginning, when video games were good. It has only been recently have I been able to enjoy single player games. (I had to practice and convince myself, not all games are bad. Obviously I enjoyed single player games back when that was it.) Back in the day, when I assume just nerds were making games, when Windows 98 finally had the technology for it, games were good.

Then it all crashed and was crappy. Same reason why shooter games are just now catching up to the idea, of having big maps.

It makes sense though, McDonalds, caught on to a new cool hip market, and just watched trends and stocks, or whatever the fuck I dunno.

wagorf
05-17-2022, 02:26 AM
both green and blue are healthy and they are never going to merge

sorry to all all the greenbies hoping to merge so they can put the legacy items in real use lol

Tethler
05-17-2022, 06:03 AM
both green and blue are healthy and they are never going to merge

sorry to all all the greenbies hoping to merge so they can put the legacy items in real use lol

Wtf is a greenbie?

Jimjam
05-17-2022, 06:41 AM
Wtf is a greenbie?

I imagine it is an adaption of the pvp slur for non pvp server players; a portmanteau of blue and newbie - bluebie, mutated for green server - greenbie.

starkind
05-17-2022, 09:14 AM
Greenbies r the worst 🤭🤦🙋👋🥱🚶

putrid_plum
05-17-2022, 11:53 AM
play blue, issue solved

Valakut
05-23-2022, 03:46 PM

very good tl;dr for anyone that hasn't been on the server since 2010

Azure Ogre
05-25-2022, 10:44 PM
Look others have pointed out, technically p99 is in a really good place population wise, it’s just split between 2 servers now. We get 1600-2000 people logged in constantly which is pretty impressive, makes me think back to pre green when that was on one server (I actually really enjoyed a high pop server despite less camps being available).

starkind
05-26-2022, 10:09 AM
It's dead. If you wondered what it would be like to spawn and play and live out your life in a corpse of an old god-

this is it

Kohedron
05-26-2022, 01:27 PM
Wowow who knew a 40 year old game played by 60 year old stanky ass snaggletooths would get old?

ya don't fuckin say, my man

Skarne
05-26-2022, 01:59 PM
It seems like the population on both blue and green is just fine..

DMN
05-26-2022, 02:10 PM
Wowow who knew a 40 year old game played by 60 year old stanky ass snaggletooths would get old?

the pimply fat snaggletooths will pretend to hate it, but in actuality it's needed because the pimply fat snaggletooths had their chance and failed.

Or its dying because pudgy glory day chasing snaggletooths ruin everything

Is mario back?

Kohedron
05-26-2022, 03:12 PM
Is mario back?
it's a me, mario

but no

DMN
05-26-2022, 04:56 PM
Pfft. like mario could go 4 posts without mention pill munchers or poors.

azxten
05-27-2022, 03:03 PM
There are only two possibilities.

1. The P99 staff are geniuses who realized they need to slow roll content improvements over the next 100 years or people will get bored too quickly. If the massive backlog of bugs was fixed there would be nothing "new" to look forward to.

2. The P99 staff are either incapable of fixing the backlog or don't care to fix it. The code is already annoying to write and made more frustrating by monkey patched classic changes making it even more difficult to introduce further changes.

Personally I think it's number 2, too many things make sense. Nilbog touches code himself which a product manager should never be doing. He focuses primarily on quest issues and other relatively simple fixes but has recently been doing a bit more complicated work. The PvP server was a non-existent rule set that coincidentally let them not have to code PvP item loot or teams both of which would involve complicated coding efforts.

I've proven this to myself by writing all the code necessary to fix channeling with lengthy classic era proof from GMs about how it should work. Then I wrote a follow up post about how ridiculously dysfunctional the contribution process and bug forums are but got no response. Just Nilbog saying he would look into the channeling several months ago with no follow up.

If you can give the project an actual C++ patch file to fix a core mechanic like channeling which is INCREDIBLY non-classic with GM backed proof from the official Sony forums and nothing is done for months then something has definitely gone off the rails but no one really knows what the problem is.

I'm still waiting to come back and play here if this ever gets fixed but I can't tolerate channeling through 10 mobs hitting me anymore. It is just such a stupidly non-classic mechanic that breaks literally every aspect of the game and trivializes it starting from level 1 to the most difficult raids. I hope it gets fixed some day.

Chortles Snortles
05-27-2022, 03:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jSGlQr2.jpg

azxten
05-27-2022, 03:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jSGlQr2.jpg

Even the RNF forum is stale.

Chortles Snortles
05-27-2022, 03:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7KyWFXw.jpg

Terrok
05-28-2022, 04:08 AM
Detoxx is doing his best to kill it, im sure on his death bed someone will tell him he finally did it. though they wont know what he is talking about.

Jimjam
05-28-2022, 06:03 AM

1. The P99 staff are geniuses who realized they need to slow roll content improvements over the next 100 years or people will get bored too quickly. If the massive backlog of bugs was fixed there would be nothing "new" to look forward to.

2. The P99 staff are either incapable of fixing the backlog or don't care to fix it. The code is already annoying to write and made more frustrating by monkey patched classic changes making it even more difficult to introduce further changes.

Personally I think it's number 2, too many things make sense. Nilbog touches code himself which a product manager should never be doing. He focuses primarily on quest issues and other relatively simple fixes but has recently been doing a bit more complicated work. The PvP server was a non-existent rule set that coincidentally let them not have to code PvP item loot or teams both of which would involve complicated coding efforts.

I've proven this to myself by writing all the code necessary to fix channeling with lengthy classic era proof from GMs about how it should work. Then I wrote a follow up post about how ridiculously dysfunctional the contribution process and bug forums are but got no response. Just Nilbog saying he would look into the channeling several months ago with no follow up.

If you can give the project an actual C++ patch file to fix a core mechanic like channeling which is INCREDIBLY non-classic with GM backed proof from the official Sony forums and nothing is done for months then something has definitely gone off the rails but no one really knows what the problem is.

I'm still waiting to come back and play here if this ever gets fixed but I can't tolerate channeling through 10 mobs hitting me anymore. It is just such a stupidly non-classic mechanic that breaks literally every aspect of the game and trivializes it starting from level 1 to the most difficult raids. I hope it gets fixed some day. [channelling]

The update probably got interrupted.

PlsNoBan
05-28-2022, 10:23 AM

I'm still waiting to come back and play here if this ever gets fixed but I can't tolerate channeling through 10 mobs hitting me anymore. It is just such a stupidly non-classic mechanic that breaks literally every aspect of the game and trivializes it starting from level 1 to the most difficult raids. I hope it gets fixed some day.

3. They realize the number of people in favor of making this change for "classic" reasons is incredibly small compared to the number of people that would be furious and rage about this change. This change would be maybe the single biggest nerf to every class that casts spells that P99 has ever made. People have lost their fucking minds over far less significant changes. You're essentially hard nerfing 11/14 classes in the game? All so a handful of people can go "Ahh yes this is much more classic" while they touch themselves. Not a good business plan imo. P99 has shown as time goes on that they care less and less about making things actually classic. This is just another example.

Old_PVP
05-28-2022, 12:45 PM
while they touch themselves.

rofl

Topgunben
05-28-2022, 06:34 PM

I think in an effort to keep this server classic, they created a concentrated community of some of the most toxic wack jobs online gaming has ever seen. A large amount of time was devoted to end game bitching, rather than mid game problems that most casual players struggle with. By the time a casual makes it to end game, there is no meat left on the bone, no real reason to play anymore.

Rooting dragons, FTE races, rotations, blah blah blah. It's all total bullshit to the casual player that just wants to down a dragon 1 time. Yet, they continued to cater to the wack jobs, giving them solutions to their "problems" while ignoring the casuals.

Lastly, canceling Sirken was a bad idea.

cd288
05-28-2022, 06:42 PM

Imagine having so little going on in your life that you keep coming to complain on the forums of a 23 year old game that you admittedly don’t even play anymore. Pathetic lol

Worry
05-31-2022, 03:44 PM
> community acts shitty and awful to staff, each other and anyone who will listen for 10 years straight

> community surprised updates have slowed

lol you can't make this up.

azxten
05-31-2022, 04:45 PM
Imagine having so little going on in your life that you keep coming to complain on the forums of a 23 year old game that you admittedly don’t even play anymore. Pathetic lol

Imagine stalking someone you claim is pathetic. Imagine having thousands of posts on an eqmulated game forum. Imagine having almost 1,000 posts a year on an emulated game forum. Imagine posting almost 3 times a day, year after year, on an emulated game forum.

Anyway, everyone just needs to accept they're playing carebear EQ on P99. That's fine if you enjoy that kind of thing but you should accept it especially if you think you're "competing" in the "raid scene." (lol)

cd288
05-31-2022, 05:21 PM
Imagine stalking someone you claim is pathetic. Imagine having thousands of posts on an eqmulated game forum. Imagine having almost 1,000 posts a year on an emulated game forum. Imagine posting almost 3 times a day, year after year, on an emulated game forum.

Anyway, everyone just needs to accept they're playing carebear EQ on P99. That's fine if you enjoy that kind of thing but you should accept it especially if you think you're "competing" in the "raid scene." (lol)

Except...I still play here, which is why I come to the forums as well. You don't play on P99 anymore yet you still come here to complain about a server you don't even play...it's a little weird, but it's mostly just really sad.

unsunghero
05-31-2022, 08:42 PM
Except...I still play here, which is why I come to the forums as well. You don't play on P99 anymore yet you still come here to complain about a server you don't even play...it's a little weird, but it's mostly just really sad.

When we consider the amount of time it takes to skim a post and type a reply on one’s phone versus the amount of time it takes to sit down at your computer for gaming sessions of Everquest, I’m fairly certain one is shorter than the other

It’s fine and good to question why someone would post on a forum for a game they no longer play, but to try to act like you live a cooler life than someone who chooses to prioritize their free time for other RL activities than video games is a bit strange

But you do you, cool guy

starkind
05-31-2022, 09:10 PM
Everyone here is dead. You're just reliving your memories.

unsunghero
05-31-2022, 09:19 PM
Everyone here is dead. You're just reliving your memories.

This forum is pretty dead, as forums go. When people are congratulating themselves and others for making a new thread in RNF you know your forum is dead as shit

Which is why people that complain about people who post but don’t play always surprises me. They want it more dead?

starkind
05-31-2022, 09:23 PM
They want to farm pixels in total peace and don't know how to run a server for themselves. Basically.

starkind
05-31-2022, 09:24 PM
They want to farm pixels in total peace and don't know how to run a server for themselves. Basically.

Since they're already dead. They'll probably never learn. Just haunt this place till they go insane and only one megaghost is left.

cd288
05-31-2022, 09:47 PM
This forum is pretty dead, as forums go. When people are congratulating themselves and others for making a new thread in RNF you know your forum is dead as shit

Which is why people that complain about people who post but don’t play always surprises me. They want it more dead?

Didn’t you make a long winded post awhile back whining and saying you were leaving? What happened to that plan? Can you revive it?

unsunghero
05-31-2022, 10:01 PM
Didn’t you make a long winded post awhile back whining and saying you were leaving? What happened to that plan? Can you revive it?

Weren’t you too afraid about how your shitty attempts at troll posts on the forum might effect your char’s e-reputation to be willing to name your main P99 char?

My main’s name is Sinnafain. What’s yours?

Hey if you’re too concerned about your char’s e-rep to say, I have a resource for you for when these servers eventually shut down. Just keep it handy somewhere

Skarne
06-01-2022, 08:12 AM
mad

starkind
06-01-2022, 08:45 AM
People should be grateful they can play this game. Billions of Chinese get to do 18hr shifts in lockdowns instead of playing EQ. With zero ERs for when their cough gets bad. They lucky if they get a bucket changed and a bowl of clean water each day once the state drags them away for failing their swab.

cd288
06-02-2022, 03:30 PM
Weren’t you too afraid about how your shitty attempts at troll posts on the forum might effect your char’s e-reputation to be willing to name your main P99 char?

My main’s name is Sinnafain. What’s yours?

Hey if you’re too concerned about your char’s e-rep to say, I have a resource for you for when these servers eventually shut down. Just keep it handy somewhere

? In what way was that an answer to my question? You whined and shat on the server and the staff and told us all you were leaving (very self-important of you).

It's ironic that you make a joke about suicide (which isn't funny to joke about), when you're the person who was like "hey everyone look at me I'm leaving P99!!!!!!" and then somehow still can't stay away from the server/forums.

unsunghero
06-02-2022, 04:14 PM
? In what way was that an answer to my question? You whined and shat on the server and the staff and told us all you were leaving (very self-important of you).

It's ironic that you make a joke about suicide (which isn't funny to joke about), when you're the person who was like "hey everyone look at me I'm leaving P99!!!!!!" and then somehow still can't stay away from the server/forums.

“At least I play the game” says the person too scared about char’s their e-reputation to actually prove it

Looks like you don’t play the game then

cd288
06-02-2022, 04:38 PM
“At least I play the game” says the person too scared about char’s their e-reputation to actually prove it

Looks like you don’t play the game then

So since you're sharing your chars name are you saying you are playing P99 again?

unsunghero
06-02-2022, 04:51 PM
So since you're sharing your chars name are you saying you are playing P99 again?

I feel like I didn’t answer your question

Maybe the reason I continued playing was I realized that this game has basically a 50 year patch cycle and the change was never going to occur

Has it occurred btw? Nm, forget that question, I’m asking the wrong person. Does anyone actually playing p99 and not just pretending to on their forums know if the charm change happened?

You’re so emotionally invested in your character it has made you too frightened to risk their reputation in a made up virtual world that will one day be gone. I personally don’t give a shit about my char, the server, or these forums. I do spend far, far less time in the seconds to minutes it takes to type a response to your shitty drivel than you do staring at a wall for hours logged into p99. Yet you chide people who choose to devote more of their free time to real life activities as “sad”

We can get into a RL dick measuring contest if you’d like. Physical health, house, car, social life, pick whatever and see who is more “sad”. Totally willing to go there with you

I haven’t logged in for a while but I might, we’ll see. What I won’t do is stop posting because you don’t like me. So you can keep bringing it up but you’re beating a dead horse at this point

cd288
06-02-2022, 05:03 PM
Your reading comprehension is really poor. I'm not chiding you for devoting time to real life activities; in fact, I applaud you. I'm chiding you for making some self important whiney post about P99/the staff and telling us all that you're leaving (as if we cared) and then still showing up here.

If you want to leave and devote time to real life activities that's awesome. What's sad is when you make an entitled post like that and somehow can't let go of P99 still lol

unsunghero
06-02-2022, 05:14 PM
Your reading comprehension is really poor. I'm not chiding you for devoting time to real life activities; in fact, I applaud you. I'm chiding you for making some self important whiney post about P99/the staff and telling us all that you're leaving (as if we cared) and then still showing up here.

If you want to leave and devote time to real life activities that's awesome. What's sad is when you make an entitled post like that and somehow can't let go of P99 still lol

The dev responded directly to my post btw, has the dev responded to you ever? I’m just a self-entitled nobody, but I got a response from the dev. Not that that really matters. I don’t worship this game or it’s developers like you clearly do, too scared to post your char’s info

I also just explained why I stayed, that I realized the change probably wasn’t going to happen. I was relatively new to p99 at the time and didn’t know just how glacially slow its development cycle can be. Speaking of reading comprehension, I just provided you an explanation and you glossed over it

I enjoy posting on the forums, and I enjoy even more that it makes you upset. I enjoy any opportunity to argue with you, insult you, mock you, etc. In fact if I wanted to leave and you heavily supported that decision, that might just make me want to stay

Naethyn
06-02-2022, 06:17 PM
Alright, I've decided to let you all know that I'm Naethyn in game.

Mblake1981
06-02-2022, 07:13 PM
Alright, I've decided to let you all know that I'm Naethyn in game.

Bigger mystery than who shot JR

A Knight
06-02-2022, 10:37 PM
I finally donated my first donation, which was $50. I probably should have at least donated $300 dollars, by now. But hey, minus 50 from 300 isn't so bad.

Hopefully P99 isn't dying and stays around for at least another 10 years. (Or longer hopefully.)

cd288
06-03-2022, 01:12 AM
The dev responded directly to my post btw, has the dev responded to you ever? I’m just a self-entitled nobody, but I got a response from the dev. Not that that really matters. I don’t worship this game or it’s developers like you clearly do, too scared to post your char’s info

I also just explained why I stayed, that I realized the change probably wasn’t going to happen. I was relatively new to p99 at the time and didn’t know just how glacially slow its development cycle can be. Speaking of reading comprehension, I just provided you an explanation and you glossed over it

I enjoy posting on the forums, and I enjoy even more that it makes you upset. I enjoy any opportunity to argue with you, insult you, mock you, etc. In fact if I wanted to leave and you heavily supported that decision, that might just make me want to stay

Well I’m glad we’ve established that you’re back then! Welcome back man! Glad to have you back on the server, no judgment applied at all when I say that btw. Just next time you’re ready to storm off in a self righteous manner maybe don’t make a post about it since you’ll just be back a couple months later!

unsunghero
06-03-2022, 01:20 AM
Well I’m glad we’ve established that you’re back then! Welcome back man! Glad to have you back on the server, no judgment applied at all when I say that btw. Just next time you’re ready to storm off in a self righteous manner maybe don’t make a post about it since you’ll just be back a couple months later!

Fair enough. And maybe one day yourself can gain the courage to share your main’s info

I don’t know if you remember, but I asked you to last time and you dodged. I really expected you to this time tbh. It’s not like I’m going to do anything to mess with you in game, I know so little about the end game of EQ I wouldn’t even know how to do that

starkind
06-03-2022, 08:19 AM
3. They realize the number of people in favor of making this change for "classic" reasons is incredibly small compared to the number of people that would be furious and rage about this change. This change would be maybe the single biggest nerf to every class that casts spells that P99 has ever made. People have lost their fucking minds over far less significant changes. You're essentially hard nerfing 11/14 classes in the game? All so a handful of people can go "Ahh yes this is much more classic" while they touch themselves. Not a good business plan imo. P99 has shown as time goes on that they care less and less about making things actually classic. This is just another example.

I promise I won't touch myself. I would like Brad to rest in peace though. May G-d rest his soul.

Jhadree J'Hadaan
06-03-2022, 01:52 PM
I finally donated my first donation, which was $50. I probably should have at least donated $300 dollars, by now. But hey, minus 50 from 300 isn't so bad.

Hopefully P99 isn't dying and stays around for at least another 10 years. (Or longer hopefully.)

I'll probably be dead in 10 years. Told my wife that as I lay dying, I want to hear the skeleton laugh as I draw my last breath.

Allishia
06-03-2022, 02:59 PM
I'll probably be dead in 10 years. Told my wife that as I lay dying, I want to hear the skeleton laugh as I draw my last breath.

Lmao!

Chortles Snortles
06-03-2022, 04:06 PM
LOL

Trexller
06-05-2022, 11:59 AM

The Devs checked out after green launch. They felt like they have completed their project, and moved on.

when is the last time rogean engaged the community about anything? he doesn't give a flying fuck what goes on in p99 anymore.

All they are doing now is harvesting data for daybreak/darkpaw to be funneled into their next failed game project.

you really think that .dll your anti-virus flags is just anticheat software? lol so ignorant you are. they are harvesting your data.

if a service is free, than YOU are the product. especially in this day and age where user data is more valuable than gold, you can bet that the only reason p99 exists is because developers are still trying to figure out why EQ is still so popular, when 99% of every other games that launch are dead within months.

what those idiots fail to realize is that the original verant dev team built this out of a love of nerdy board games like DND and other fantasy/sci fi shit. They didn't start thinking about money and income until they needed investments to move things along.

The issue with modern game developers is that they say, "Ok I wanna make money" and then they work backwards from there, rather then building a great game, and then saying, "ok how do i monetize this"

starkind
06-05-2022, 12:05 PM
p99 is done

better servers and more classic clients await

or stuff like Monsters & Memories

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397229

starkind
06-05-2022, 12:06 PM
just merge red green blue into red 1.0 and launch red2.0 and call it a day, stop messing around with FTE and bag limits and guild UN all that bs lawl

let the museum run and step back

90% of these neckbeards will reroll on red.2.0 if they don't have a blue safe haven to hide in

Jibartik
06-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Theres a thread like this for the earth server out there somewhere in the universe.

starkind
06-05-2022, 12:10 PM
Theres a thread like this for the earth server out there somewhere in the universe.

same answer merge green red blue, launch earth red2.0 step back :D :cool:

🙏chrome hates this emoji by default! :( :cool: should tell u alot about who's running the world right now

Trexller
06-05-2022, 01:01 PM
just merge red green blue into red 1.0 and launch red2.0 and call it a day, stop messing around with FTE and bag limits and guild UN all that bs lawl

let the museum run and step back

90% of these neckbeards will reroll on red.2.0 if they don't have a blue safe haven to hide in

P99 is and cannot be a "museum" server, there are too many unclassic changes, and the fact that P99 uses the DODH client, because they couldn't manage to make a working client. Lookin at you, Nilbog when you were an eqclassic.org Dev.

TAKP is the only museum server, they use the IN ERA client, because someone walked out of verant with that software on a disk.

So many people here cry about classic this or that, but then when someone explains that TAKP literally is the exact same game as played in 2002, they shut down, plug their ears and chant la la la la la after the mention of 3 boxing.

If you wanna single box, and get pissed that others can 3 box, then you are a childish ignorant bastard with no friends and has to find their social acceptance by sitting in KC LCY thinking to yourself, "5 other live human beings have accepted me into their XP group, therefore I am a valid human existance"

fucking pathetic, the lot of you.

starkind
06-05-2022, 02:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tHefayQ.gif

PlsNoBan
06-05-2022, 02:11 PM
P99 is and cannot be a "museum" server, there are too many unclassic changes, and the fact that P99 uses the DODH client, because they couldn't manage to make a working client. Lookin at you, Nilbog when you were an eqclassic.org Dev.

TAKP is the only museum server, they use the IN ERA client, because someone walked out of verant with that software on a disk.

So many people here cry about classic this or that, but then when someone explains that TAKP literally is the exact same game as played in 2002, they shut down, plug their ears and chant la la la la la after the mention of 3 boxing.

If you wanna single box, and get pissed that others can 3 box, then you are a childish ignorant bastard with no friends and has to find their social acceptance by sitting in KC LCY thinking to yourself, "5 other live human beings have accepted me into their XP group, therefore I am a valid human existance"

https://i.imgur.com/bm0OQTfg.jpg

Secrets
06-05-2022, 02:37 PM

TAKP was not a 'verant walkout server'. As the person who wrote the netcode & fitted EQEmulator to it, it was a combination of:

1) My work on the 2013-era EQEmu codebase that allowed us to log in and get the client working under the old netcode (Haynar later figured out the packet sequence rollover in this base)
2) Multiple devs' work on verifying gameplay mechanics through reverse engineering / observation (Thanks to Robregen, Haynar, Torven, Speedz (RIP), cavedude, solar, demonstar55 myself, the entire EQMac community)
3) Packet collections from that era, and previous eras.
4) Painstaking parsing and verification of minor game quirks and content that made it accurate and AKurate (Torven, mostly, but so many people contributed, including EQClassic's Harakiri)

nilbog
06-05-2022, 02:57 PM
the fact that P99 uses the DODH client, because they couldn't manage to make a working client. Lookin at you, Nilbog when you were an eqclassic.org Dev.

Never was an eqclassic dev, and p99 has never tried to make a client.

Trexller
06-05-2022, 03:26 PM
TAKP was not a 'verant walkout server'. As the person who wrote the netcode & fitted EQEmulator to it, it was a combination of:

1) My work on the 2013-era EQEmu codebase that allowed us to log in and get the client working under the old netcode (Haynar later figured out the packet sequence rollover in this base)
2) Multiple devs' work on verifying gameplay mechanics through reverse engineering / observation (Thanks to Robregen, Haynar, Torven, Speedz (RIP), cavedude, solar, demonstar55 myself, the entire EQMac community)
4) Painstaking parsing and verification of minor game quirks and content that made it accurate and AKurate (Torven, mostly, but so many people contributed, including EQClassic's Harakiri)

so you were careful to avoid IP problems that way, but you had something else to work off of.

i've heard from multiple sources that someone ganked a hard drive and left verant

Reiwa
06-05-2022, 03:26 PM

I think the loot is weird?

azxten
06-06-2022, 07:56 PM
Never was an eqclassic dev, and p99 has never tried to make a client.

But you don't deny there have been too many unclassic changes! Make channeling classic and next server launch raiding will work without custom rules, I guarantee it.

Please I need to see this.

Chortles Snortles
06-06-2022, 08:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2qk4h2P.png

starkind
06-06-2022, 08:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/cCD4cOA.jpeg

Vormotus
06-06-2022, 08:27 PM
On this type of threads I always say the same thing:

The Only requisite for something to die is for it to be alive, so technically, the server is dying since it was online and it will keep dying until it is plugged out.

If it dies today or tomorrow, its not important in the slightest.

Even from the people that make rmt off it, they might believe it important because they will stop making money, but even that is not important in the slightest

Obligatory link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

Byeeee

Vormotus
06-06-2022, 08:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/cCD4cOA.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/XthvBPL.gif

This is true art.

yep

mycoolrausch
06-06-2022, 10:17 PM
But you don't deny there have been too many unclassic changes! Make channeling classic and next server launch raiding will work without custom rules, I guarantee it.

Please I need to see this.

Velious monks are already gods. Let's not make them monsters.

Terrok
06-07-2022, 07:01 PM
People should be grateful they can play this game. Billions of Chinese get to do 18hr shifts in lockdowns instead of playing EQ. With zero ERs for when their cough gets bad. They lucky if they get a bucket changed and a bowl of clean water each day once the state drags them away for failing their swab.

If you actually knew anything about china, you would know they are indeed playing eq, WOW and all the other games that you can farm PP in so the people exploiting them can RMT it. But here is your participation trophy...

starkind
06-07-2022, 07:36 PM
Yikes u don't know anything about gold farms Terrok.

Terrok
06-08-2022, 03:23 AM
I think when Detoxx(thrump) runs in 2024 vanquish will die like the other 10 guilds he was part of. But I’m sure he will be back 4ish years after. Maybe Internet tough guys will finally be a guild on p99.

farladar
06-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Let P99 die already... you nerds don't deserve it... and the people that run it don't care enough to make it right. Let it go.

Detoxx and Furoar should have been enough of a reason to let it die years ago.

Sorry not sorry.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-12-2022, 05:38 PM
Of all the shitty drug-addicted shut-ins who have slowly bled the souls of support staff to come to hate the project and its player base, she wanted to talk to me, me of all people. "What the hell do I know," I asked, "And why you tailing me?" "You only move between two rooms, I use heat goggles." "Oh," I said, wondering why now, why tonight, why this time.

There we go.

Graahle
06-13-2022, 01:57 PM

https://c.tenor.com/ZWopsXeO7tQAAAAC/clapping-applause.gif

Chortles Snortles
06-13-2022, 02:47 PM
based or cringe no elf friends poster

Bardp1999
06-13-2022, 03:41 PM
based or cringe no elf friends poster

https://i.imgur.com/M1A3HyT.jpg

cd288
06-14-2022, 12:08 PM

I just enjoy interacting with more people in a game that's supposed to be fun to play with people. I don't find the idea of me and another guy 3 boxing a full group as very entertaining. I like knowing that on P99 most of the characters I run into aren't being boxed (although I'm sure some are); makes the world more fun and vibrant.

Jibartik
06-14-2022, 12:20 PM
p99 gonna get a pop boom after 99% can't afford to play wow anymore?

Jimjam
06-14-2022, 01:37 PM
I just enjoy interacting with more people in a game that's supposed to be fun to play with people. I don't find the idea of me and another guy 3 boxing a full group as very entertaining. I like knowing that on P99 most of the characters I run into aren't being boxed (although I'm sure some are); makes the world more fun and vibrant.

It feels the guys who are like “ I can just 3 box at 110% the efficiency of a full group of strangers” are somewhat missing the point, but more power to them for finding their own way to enjoy them self.

Worry
06-14-2022, 04:28 PM
It feels the guys who are like “ I can just 3 box at 110% the efficiency of a full group of strangers” are somewhat missing the point, but more power to them for finding their own way to enjoy them self. Yeah, and sadly the ratio of those kind of people versus the others is growing year after year.

Terrok
06-20-2022, 04:11 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999/comments/v2y2p9/the_detoxx_diss_track/

Secrets
06-21-2022, 10:17 AM
so you were careful to avoid IP problems that way, but you had something else to work off of.

i've heard from multiple sources that someone ganked a hard drive and left verant

You've heard wrong.

The preservation of EQMac is possible because of its contributors collecting data from zones before shutdown, and due to the same collection of data from years past.

Torven has spent years parsing. He's been AFK in zones letting NPCs beat on him, comparing logfiles submitted to him, video evidence, among other sources.

In the case of the Grimling War, it existed on AK, so we have video footage of the event, and also Prathun put the Grimling War on the EQLive test server in ~2018-ish as a test to see if he could restore the original population - hint, he could not, but we got info from the half-baked scripts that were on there as to where stuff spawned.

Combat formulas are actually in the client, and if you follow the assembly well enough combined with hints the developers provided, you can find accurate info on every NPC.

Total ATK on NPCs was actually send in the spell packet on TAKP and live, which allowed us to get the tohit for each NPC which is the value after all calculations for damage. That allowed us, along with dev quotes, to restore combat with 98% accuracy.

P99 has done similar. Nilbog's work on zone population was invaluable and 100% accurate. Nilbog made sure to get stuff like the NPCs that wander from Qeynos -> Highkeep and back again accurate, among other cross-zone NPCs that wander the globe that no one thinks of even observing. He's AFK'd in cities to get random NPC chatter. Little things like that keep the game feeling alive.

Little bits like that combined, too, are what made TAKP possible. A lot of the EQEmu devs share information between each other. Including unlikely sources. For example, Harakiri has contributed a lot of that information back to TAKP, and Harakiri actually uses TAKProject's DB as the basis for EQClassic's auditor test. Nilbog has been shared information on NPCs that TAKP also has, and as far as I know, Rogean also implemented proper formulas for the era including the AC hardcap rather recently (believe in time for green launch?)

We've been able to do some incredible stuff over the years thanks to all collaborators on every emu working loosely together. I'd love to be able to implement my custom labels stuff on P99, for instance. That'd let P99 have accurate HP / Mana / Endurance formulas that are server driven, as well as solve clientside issues like the fact that stamina cannot be used as its original implementation dictated for melee swings.

I'd also like to take a stab at restoring the old boats, but I'd probably have to work with someone like Xackery on that so we can implement the proper hitboxes and collision boxes for boats. I think it's about time that we get that working for real. Been about a decade and I know so much more now.

starkind
06-21-2022, 10:52 AM
Sorry u don't EQDEV

@trexller

teeheee

ya.dingus
06-26-2022, 04:46 PM
p99 isnt dying, just the blue server.

Zoolander
06-26-2022, 05:28 PM
secrets come back and fix immolate and hotkeys 7-10 on green, that would help already alot.

Worry
06-26-2022, 08:48 PM
p99 isnt dying, just the blue server. what's wrong with the blue server?

cd288
06-27-2022, 03:47 PM
what's wrong with the blue server?

Just ignore him. he created an account solely to try and troll people

ya.dingus
07-10-2022, 02:57 PM
Just ignore him. he created an account solely to try and troll people

No, it's pretty much dead. It has a stagnant population that's dwindling though dedicated to upholding the putrid raid environment that benefits a few, no races, nothing.

It's bad, bad, bad economy (lol at people saying green economy of 2.5 years matches a server with 14).

And trogs like cd88, who are miserable liars will do anything to revitalize it.

Naethyn
07-10-2022, 03:11 PM
You guys are spending plat?

CharlesBarkley
07-10-2022, 06:39 PM
No, it's pretty much dead. It has a stagnant population that's dwindling though dedicated to upholding the putrid raid environment that benefits a few, no races, nothing.

It's bad, bad, bad economy (lol at people saying green economy of 2.5 years matches a server with 14).

And trogs like cd88, who are miserable liars will do anything to revitalize it.

The populations of blue and green have been steadily equalizing, either green is dying off even faster than blue or you're just spewing uninformed bullshit

Wonder which it is

Chortles Snortles
07-11-2022, 11:44 AM
c U ReaL SoOn BBQ ��

Allishia
07-11-2022, 01:40 PM
I think people are finally tired of having to reequip 7-10 hotkeys and migrating to blue /nod

Jimjam
07-11-2022, 04:43 PM
You guys are spending plat?
Lendel’s Lagers, jum and aloe swatches don’t buy themselves!,

Chortles Snortles
07-11-2022, 05:03 PM
imported oasis water