PDA

View Full Version : Coming back, green vs blue

Nannaki
04-30-2022, 08:37 PM
I've been playing with the idea of coming to P99, but am having a difficult time choosing between the 2 servers.

I've been told things are a little more cutthroat on green at the moment, specifically higher levels with a monopoly on certain camps and such, and that blue tends to feel more laxed overall, albeit a little more difficult to find groups for lower levels.

Blue seems to appeal maybe a little more due to the alleged 'laxness' of it, but i'm maybe a little worried i'll have issues leveling up with it being potentially top-heavy.

Anyone who currently dabbles in both, or knows enough about the two servers to give a little insight? I'm also curious about the QoL differences, like i know blue has pet bar for example.

thanks!

PlsNoBan
04-30-2022, 10:03 PM
I've been playing with the idea of coming to P99, but am having a difficult time choosing between the 2 servers.

I've been told things are a little more cutthroat on green at the moment, specifically higher levels with a monopoly on certain camps and such, and that blue tends to feel more laxed overall, albeit a little more difficult to find groups for lower levels.

Blue seems to appeal maybe a little more due to the alleged 'laxness' of it, but i'm maybe a little worried i'll have issues leveling up with it being potentially top-heavy.

Anyone who currently dabbles in both, or knows enough about the two servers to give a little insight? I'm also curious about the QoL differences, like i know blue has pet bar for example.

thanks!

I logged on my old blue chars of various levels a few times over the past month or so. Every time I log in most low level zones are completely/mostly dead. I'd say if you plan on playing blue probably make a class that can solo when finding groups is difficult. I've logged into mistmoore having 2-4 people in it multiple times. Crushbone being empty or 1 guy getting PL'd. SolA empty. Upper Guk 3-4 people.

Not saying groups are impossible but I wouldn't bank on getting groups reliably 1-40 at least. I've heard CoM and KC are fairly busy 40-60. Can't really speak on green too much cause I never got past like lvl 12.

oldschoolguy
04-30-2022, 10:23 PM
its pretty dead in 1-45.

there are sometimes people in Paw or Unrest, but its not popping. most zones its just you and the crickets. people found most efficient way to 60 and most rush game that way. KC is popular

DeathsSilkyMist
04-30-2022, 10:43 PM
In most cases I would say Blue is the way to go. Cheaper prices on basically everything, and population-wise just as healthy. Green is mostly for people who want legacy loot, which is basically all gone now.

Unless you are rolling a character that is very group dependent, like Warrior or Rogue, you shouldn't have a problem leveling on Blue. Even in those cases due to how cheap and prevalent loot is, it isn't difficult to gear up a toon.

Blue has the better QoL as well. Better ability to change UI, pet window, etc.

Ghost of Starman
05-01-2022, 07:23 AM
With the sleeper awoken, the argument for green has gotten pretty thin, I'm guessing the only argument for an advantage on green is low level grouping, which I'm not sure how robust it is there. Everything else is better on blue, with quality of life improvements like pet windows, target cycling, and UIs making the game much more pleasant to play, I just wish they brought back DOT damage messages.

Ooloo
05-01-2022, 09:37 AM
Even post-sleeper green's pop is still generally a couple hundred higher than blue's at primetime, so for that reason alone it probably has a better low-mid grouping population. Both servers are at the top-heavy stage of their lives though, that's for sure.

cd288
05-01-2022, 04:36 PM
Not too much difference between the two at this point. Green obviously has a hundred or so more people but even that isn’t going to make a huge difference. In either case grouping at lower levels is harder unfortunately.

toolshed
05-01-2022, 05:20 PM
Everything else is better on blue, with quality of life improvements like pet windows, target cycling, and UIs making the game much more pleasant to play, I just wish they brought back DOT damage messages.

This really can't be overstated. Spellbook needs to be open + hit the meditate button before 35.

The UI stuff is unreal to me; green just seems needlessly "classic". Not having UI stuff like buff timers is rough playing a buffing class.

cd288
05-01-2022, 10:37 PM
This really can't be overstated. Spellbook needs to be open + hit the meditate button before 35.

The UI stuff is unreal to me; green just seems needlessly "classic". Not having UI stuff like buff timers is rough playing a buffing class.

Don’t believe that book medding has been a thing on green for some time. Wasn’t that removed like a year ago

Tethler
05-01-2022, 10:55 PM
Don’t believe that book medding has been a thing on green for some time. Wasn’t that removed like a year ago

Yeah, it's been gone a long time. That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Raj
05-01-2022, 11:32 PM
Either server is like a full blown heroin addiction waiting for you my friend. :cool:

toolshed
05-02-2022, 12:36 AM

Do you have a reference by chance? I'd like to change the green wiki to be correct, since it misinformed me: https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server

Best I could find is this; no confirmed patch notes: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379990

Wiki updated

Tethler
05-02-2022, 10:32 AM
Do you have a reference by chance?

Log on green and sit down without pushing the button. Watch mana go up by more than 2. There's your reference.

Danth
05-02-2022, 02:54 PM
Not too much difference between the two at this point. Green obviously has a hundred or so more people but even that isn’t going to make a huge difference. In either case grouping at lower levels is harder unfortunately.

For some reason, the past few days this population gap has been larger than typical and I've frequently seen Blue down around 5/8 to 2/3 of green's population. That's a large enough proportional difference to matter, so if it continues that'd be a mark in Green's favor. It could also be temporary however--a few days does not make a trend.

Danth