PDA

View Full Version : grief killing epic mobs in 2022

eisley
04-14-2022, 06:54 PM

yeah, I know this is nothing new and people have griefed epic mobs since epics were released. but its 2022. theres no advantage to blocking enemies from getting cleric epics or blazing gear anymore. hell, when i do zordak these days i invite random people in the zone to come just to take the loot if they want.

but this week alone ive seen dolgin, vsr, zordak, that enc one in the hole, and a few others... just grief killed for no reason. my question is why do people still devote time and effort to this? it's not like stoppig a guiild from getting clr epics is going to give you a edge in 2022.

starkind
04-14-2022, 07:09 PM
Orcses.

https://i.imgur.com/5i5og.gif

🤷

Gustoo
04-14-2022, 07:18 PM
Nice gif

PlsNoBan
04-14-2022, 09:43 PM

yeah, I know this is nothing new and people have griefed epic mobs since epics were released. but its 2022. theres no advantage to blocking enemies from getting cleric epics or blazing gear anymore. hell, when i do zordak these days i invite random people in the zone to come just to take the loot if they want.

but this week alone ive seen dolgin, vsr, zordak, that enc one in the hole, and a few others... just grief killed for no reason. my question is why do people still devote time and effort to this? it's not like stoppig a guiild from getting clr epics is going to give you a edge in 2022.

The same reason people spend hours and hours "practicing FTE races" and script to get faster off-the-line times so they can kill a giant/dragon they've killed 1000 times over a decade+ and don't even need loot from anymore. Desire to play "competitive EQ" and make sure anyone not in your guild/friend group doesn't get things.

TLDR: Severe mental illness

PlsNoBan
04-14-2022, 09:44 PM
Also same reason people wake the sleeper. List goes on and on. Some people are more interested in making sure other people don't have fun than having fun themselves.

Littlejac1
04-14-2022, 09:59 PM
That pictured zordak wasn't a grief kill, we just didn't care what the human version dropped and left it there. +1 cleric epic acquired

eisley
04-14-2022, 10:58 PM
That pictured zordak wasn't a grief kill, we just didn't care what the human version dropped and left it there. +1 cleric epic acquired

maybe we're talking about different kills, but i was watching from thru the wall outside the whole time. it was definitely just griefed. someone ran up killed it and capped. i'm not saying it was you, i have no idea.

Trexller
04-15-2022, 12:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/5i5og.gif

whats wrong with that Orc?

Tauriel is hawt

Tunabros
04-15-2022, 01:46 AM
based

Ennewi
04-15-2022, 02:32 AM
whats wrong with that Orc?

Tauriel is hawt

She told him the Great Plague was a hoax.

Endorra
04-15-2022, 02:27 PM
The dirty little secret of EQ is that the artificial scarcity of resources creates a meta game in which players can be rewarded by denying other players' progression.

Bardp1999
04-15-2022, 04:40 PM
P99is the haves and have nots - get fucked OP

Ravager
04-15-2022, 06:09 PM
If you weren't in the top guild at the end of Kunark ready to spend 40+ hours a week raiding and preparing to raid, you weren't gonna see warder loot anyway. If you really want that shit, prepare your body for when Green recycles. You're not going to change human nature here.

Ravager
04-15-2022, 06:22 PM
If you weren't in the top guild at the end of Kunark ready to spend 40+ hours a week raiding and preparing to raid, you weren't gonna see warder loot anyway. If you really want that shit, prepare your body for when Green recycles. You're not going to change human nature here.

I replied to the wrong thread. I'm a big dumdum. But the thesis is the same, you're not gonna change human nature here.

Chortles Snortles
04-16-2022, 02:23 PM
our fun is ruining yours
(lol)

unsunghero
04-16-2022, 02:57 PM
The dirty little secret of EQ is that the artificial scarcity of resources creates a meta game in which players can be rewarded by denying other players' progression.

cd288
04-16-2022, 03:53 PM
Rich coming from OP who defended vanquish’s cheating for weeks on end (and then ultimately got kicked from said guild LOL)

eisley
04-16-2022, 04:06 PM
Rich coming from OP who defended vanquish’s cheating for weeks on end (and then ultimately got kicked from said guild LOL)

None of these things are even remotely true. Please show me a link of me defending *anyone* cheating. I'll wait.

Also, you're missing the entire point. To just grief kill anything is screwing your own guild over too. And yeah, I probably raced up and solo pearled Ragefire a dozen times on Yumyum back when this content was relevant. However, there was one slight difference - I turned in a Pearl and soloed the boss, I never just killed it so no one wins. We're talking about a mob monks can solo with no raid gear and a basic set of soloing stuff (kilvas, ro's breath, few wort pots) Even getting a pearl requires very little effort - 3 easily soloed mobs. It just makes no sense.

Tunabros
04-16-2022, 04:08 PM
cope

Chortles Snortles
04-16-2022, 05:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WLc3mk5.jpg

Jibartik
04-16-2022, 05:07 PM
This is a real world.

Ripqozko
04-16-2022, 05:09 PM

I’m sure you will cope with your 9000 donal legs.

eadric
04-16-2022, 05:22 PM
it was me, i did it. i drink your salty tears.

Dolalin
04-16-2022, 06:06 PM
Breaking news: shitty people are still shitty in their 40s.

Chortles Snortles
04-16-2022, 06:10 PM
how dare a player legally kill a mob for whatever reason they see fit in a virtual world
(lol)

Reiwa
04-16-2022, 06:45 PM
Pixels per second must be maximized in 2022 Blue

Insaiyan
04-16-2022, 06:56 PM
If it was a PvP server you guys could have attempted to stop it. 🥸

Ripqozko
04-16-2022, 06:58 PM
If it was a PvP server you guys could have attempted to stop it. 🥸

if it was a pvp server, no one woulda been online to kill it.

Chortles Snortles
04-16-2022, 07:10 PM
sorry you didn’t get forum YT

cd288
04-16-2022, 08:39 PM
None of these things are even remotely true. Please show me a link of me defending *anyone* cheating. I'll wait.

Also, you're missing the entire point. To just grief kill anything is screwing your own guild over too. And yeah, I probably raced up and solo pearled Ragefire a dozen times on Yumyum back when this content was relevant. However, there was one slight difference - I turned in a Pearl and soloed the boss, I never just killed it so no one wins. We're talking about a mob monks can solo with no raid gear and a basic set of soloing stuff (kilvas, ro's breath, few wort pots) Even getting a pearl requires very little effort - 3 easily soloed mobs. It just makes no sense.

The person who was in Vanquish and totally fine with all the shitty stuff Vanquish did is now talking shit about shitty stuff Vanquish does since they got kicked from the guild. Funny

Boyblunder
04-16-2022, 11:56 PM

Was it a member of your guild?

coki
04-18-2022, 01:28 PM
The only time Iv seen people just go straight in to kill the human and leave was when Seal Team kept doing it while I was trying to get my epic, surprise surprise

Jibartik
04-18-2022, 01:41 PM
Have we talked about doing half epic turn ins and leaving?

Bardp1999
04-18-2022, 04:50 PM
The only time Iv seen people just go straight in to kill the human and leave was when Seal Team kept doing it while I was trying to get my epic, surprise surprise

By your join date and salt level I will assume you are one of the unwashed man boys affected by the sleeper waking. Sorry you were beaten.