PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper Awakening on Green

talkinbouteq
04-12-2022, 02:39 PM
It seems that the time has come and Seal Team plans to awake the Sleeper on green. Thoughts?

Tunabros
04-12-2022, 09:44 PM
no one cares

enjchanter
04-12-2022, 09:51 PM
Cool

Drdoomm
04-12-2022, 09:52 PM
sweet

Ripqozko
04-12-2022, 09:54 PM
shoulda weeks ago

Chortles Snortles
04-12-2022, 10:25 PM
sorry you didn’t get raid

Scalem
04-12-2022, 10:52 PM
sorry you didnt get warder loot on either server

LuffyP99
04-13-2022, 01:00 AM
It’s just a shame. Really solidifies their legacy as a guild everyone despises, i don’t think they can their way out of this decision being malicious toward others. Although i can’t say I’m surprised, st has been toxic from the beginning and we have all expected this outcome.
The whole server is unhappy about it. Nobody wants to help st make a kerafyrm attempt because this decision undermines a lot of people’s hard work, the people who didn’t join the mega zerg and created competition to actually make the game fun, don’t get to experience content. But i guess some people get off on being cruel.
This decision shows they don’t actually want competition and Smash isn’t a man of his word.
The silver lining is a lot of those toxic players will quit or split off to other guilds. Should make the server much better. It’s a shame st members will be scowled at by everyone and remembered for prematurely waking the sleeper and harming the server and their own members, who put in effort but didn’t get their legacy items.

Scalem
04-13-2022, 01:13 AM
I’m sure they really care what a bunch of random people think about them while they sit on their hoard of primals and warder loot. Yea I’m sure Green will become a much better server just like blue is.

Tunabros
04-13-2022, 01:18 AM
moment of silence to all the people joining ST thinking they had a chance of

warder loot but cucked by ST leadership because they were too scared of competition

cant tell which is more sad

branamil
04-13-2022, 01:44 AM
It's almost as if deleting content is a tarded decision on a timelocked server?

Jimjam
04-13-2022, 02:01 AM
Remember how on the live Zek server the players gathered 100s of players with the intention of killing the sleeper after waking it? That was cool and would be cool to try to recreate. Would be a good excuse for the GMs to hand out classic artefacts of power missing from the server.

Just waking the server without killing it is a massive missed opportunity. I wonder how many ntov geared toons and rez bots it would take? Zek had real trouble even with access to time gear!

Prismaticshop
04-13-2022, 02:14 AM
On blue99 sleeper was awoken because :

1) Leader of guild A farming Sleepers did not want leader of guild B that started killing warders to get warder loot

2) Leader of guild B ended up with warder loot anyways

what's the reason on Green?

Albanwr
04-13-2022, 02:46 AM

Probably boredom. Instead of just quitting for a time, they will awaken it for a small boost of fun. Only to be bored (more so) after a short while.

Who really cares though. I mean, if you REALLY care about it, you should have probably quit this game already.

jadier
04-13-2022, 03:06 AM

1) Leader of guild A farming Sleepers did not want leader of guild B that started killing warders to get warder loot

Seal Team loves competition. Ask them, they’ll tell you!

So, if guild A loves competition, and guild B starts to compete for new mobs…what choice does guild A have but to flip the table in a tantrum!?!?

Jimjam
04-13-2022, 03:06 AM

Idk, makes primals more common maybe?

Convict
04-13-2022, 03:11 AM

mostly same reason, but less to do with the leader of either guild.

Guild A had uncontested warders for months, Guild B finally has enough keys to pressure guild A into having to go into sleepers and do warders early on quakes, causing them to miss prime targets outside sleepers which tbh have better loot if you dont care about being a fuckin gnome bard, or aren't a monk. Primals will always drop, albeit more rare, but will always drop. The only things really of note being removed are SoDs and Lungi robe, neither of which are game-breaking for any of the classes that can use them.

KT has been scooped up on quakes by Guild B for a very long time, who arguably is the best first target on quakes in the game. KT was like the ultimate loot pinata pull to zone line kill in 10 minutes that move on. With new rules its much more of a pita but still will probably be picked off early on quakes but maybe not first target for Guild B anymore, who knows what they will do. With warders gone Guild A and finally focus more on the better loot drops outside sleepers, but Guild A has been suffering from burnout for a while having to team up with Guild C to really kill anything of note, including Vulak.

Now that Guild B has enough keys to go in and start taking warders and already has been taking some of the golems in sleepers, Guild A just gonna throw away all the toys so guild B cant play with them and play it off as some sort of event they are doing for the "good of the server". This will happen literally on any server p99 releases in the future it always plays out the same. Usually Guild A on any server gonna have too many big egos in the room to stand by and watch other guilds get "exclusive loot" such as warders loot. If they can stop anybody else from getting something they always will. If there was a way to make Vulak stop spawning they would do that too once they got what they wanted, or if they started to lose Vulak to another guild. Its just an ego thing.

jadier
04-13-2022, 03:33 AM
Guild A just gonna throw away all the toys so guild B cant play with them and play it off as some sort of event they are doing for the "good of the server"…. Its just an ego thing.

This is the core of it. It’s grown adults making a toddler decision to not share. It’s the impulse to flip the board over and wreck the game the moment even one move goes against you.

No matter how it’s gussied up, it’s embarrassing. But it isn’t unique to ST since it happens on every server. It’s just adults being childish because we’re playing a game that brings that out in people.

But I do wish ST would spare us the stupid, overwrought “justifications”.

Viscere
04-13-2022, 03:38 AM
so ST is going to disband after that

who is the new #1, kingdom? FoW? Safe Space?

Foreign policy creeping around also I heard, looks like Green is bout to get fired up with competition, too bad ST wants to cuck out

Viscere
04-13-2022, 03:41 AM
If there was a way to make Vulak stop spawning they would do that too once they got what they wanted, or if they started to lose Vulak to another guild. Its just an ego thing.

This is where guilds like ST, or Rampage etc were wrong

competition is fun.

Vanquish vs Riot is what keeps blue alive, with Kittens and now couple of other guilds also getting targets on quakes.

This is time locked, it's not like we are all gonna move on into luclin in 3 months

Bach
04-13-2022, 04:21 AM
I’m sure they really care what a bunch of random people think about them while they sit on their hoard of primals and warder loot. Yea I’m sure Green will become a much better server just like blue is.

Guild leader declared some time ago that they would not wake sleeper up because they're better than blue and rampage and wanted to let the server experience ST yaddi yadda.

Welp guess competition is a scary thing.

Bach
04-13-2022, 04:23 AM

2nd Guild started attempting warders, and ST, although they claim to love competing for content decided not to compete and close the gate for everyone.

Usual selfish story from seal team.

adruidarkly
04-13-2022, 04:25 AM
There never really was an environment for good competition. The real competition was attrition of players trickling over to the farm green with blue experience guild. Toss in the fact it’s not about playing good but being able to play anytime and you’ve removed any hope of real progression or nuanced multi guild competition.

The players of green deserved better stewards.

Viscere
04-13-2022, 04:29 AM
Ah yeah?

Waking up the sleeper for no reason other than boredom seems like a way worse reason than waking it up to deny someone you hate a specific item...which they ended up 3 pieces of anyways.

I dunno, If there is no hatred between ST and Kingdom, why not work it out?

Ashintar
04-13-2022, 07:58 AM
Do it, be part of Green history.

Grapeape
04-13-2022, 08:29 AM
ST should be no CSR until sleeper wakes. Any rando with a key should be allowed to pull out all the stops to prevent that last warder from being finished off.

YendorLootmonkey
04-13-2022, 09:17 AM
It’s just a shame. Really solidifies their legacy as a guild everyone despises, i don’t think they can their way out of this decision being malicious toward others. Although i can’t say I’m surprised, st has been toxic from the beginning and we have all expected this outcome.
The whole server is unhappy about it. Nobody wants to help st make a kerafyrm attempt because this decision undermines a lot of people’s hard work, the people who didn’t join the mega zerg and created competition to actually make the game fun, don’t get to experience content. But i guess some people get off on being cruel.
This decision shows they don’t actually want competition and Smash isn’t a man of his word.
The silver lining is a lot of those toxic players will quit or split off to other guilds. Should make the server much better. It’s a shame st members will be scowled at by everyone and remembered for prematurely waking the sleeper and harming the server and their own members, who put in effort but didn’t get their legacy items.

I realize I am putting a lot of 10+ year friendships at risk by saying this, but there have been recent statements by Force of Will that their leadership does not condone ST's decision to wake the Sleeper because of the lasting effects on the server. This would be an excellent time to put some meat on those words by dropping any affiliation/agreement/alliance with ST going forward.

Otherwise you are complicit in their toxic actions and are still supporting the server baddies. I would hope my friends in Force of Will are better than that.

Convict
04-13-2022, 09:21 AM
I dunno, If there is no hatred between ST and Kingdom, why not work it out?

Once kingdom started actually compete and start winning mobs and started to get keys on quakes the "no hatred" went out the window reeaaallly fast.

ST is generally pretty friendly towards guilds that don't actually compete against them and take "their mobs". They don't actually like competition that's been very clear. In the past, FoW and ST had a much worse relationship than ST and Kingdom had if you scroll up in the Green discord UN and check out the petition history. Kingdom rose up solidified the #2 slot and really started to put on the pressure and that relationship flip flopped in a hurry. ST suddenly became good friends with FoW teaming up with them for all their kills on every quake.

If FoW had refused to help ST, Kingdom would have been #1 months ago and Sleeper would have also probably already been awoken months ago.

Twochain
04-13-2022, 10:22 AM
It's almost as if deleting content is a tarded decision on a timelocked server?

qft

Arvan
04-13-2022, 10:54 AM
none of the big zerg guilds like competition they just want to keep others away from mobs they deem as "theirs" its like they never grew up past being 4 year olds in the sandbox i hope this helps

SantagarBrax
04-13-2022, 06:51 PM
ST should be no CSR until sleeper wakes. Any rando with a key should be allowed to pull out all the stops to prevent that last warder from being finished off.

Great idea

PlsNoBan
04-14-2022, 10:39 AM
Waking the sleeper on any server is a dumbdumb idea that repeatedly gets executed by dumbs for dumb reasons

Terrok
04-14-2022, 01:21 PM
Is Detoxx the leader of Seal Team? asking for a friend. hope this helps.

layhousehours
04-14-2022, 02:03 PM
interesting game. the only winning move is not to play

gkmarino
04-14-2022, 02:12 PM
congratulations lamer gamers, I still remember ST talking about how they wanted to work out a plan with OTHER guilds to share warders and whatever lies they were spewing when it was in their imagination of what kind of guild they thought they were.

Ravager
04-14-2022, 08:17 PM
Looking forward to an Ocean of Tears reset every 5 years.

OuterChimp
04-15-2022, 09:43 AM
He probably slept enough and is ready to start his day.