PDA

View Full Version : Treant's Creeping Crud dot blocks regenerate buff. Bug?

Makkan
02-03-2022, 02:32 PM
Hi I'm not sure if this is working as intended. I've noticed while killing treants that my Regeneration spell will eat my mana and give me the "begins to regenerate" message, but the buff icon doesn't show up. This seems to happen when I have the Creeping Crud dot debuff on me from a treant. I would not expect that dot to block the regen buff spell, but maybe it's supposed to work that way when cast by a treant? Figured I'd share in case this is unintentional.

Here is an obs capture showing me killing the treant, casting regeneration on myself around 0:18 (see chat box in bottom left showing the spell landed) but no regen buff applying.

https://imgur.com/a/LMMMWGB

Nibblewitz
02-03-2022, 03:45 PM
Probably not a bug. The numbers next to the spell effects mean something. Spells with similar effects that correspond to the same effect number won’t stack.

For example, Focus of Spirit and Shield of the Magi don’t stack because their increase Heath effects are both effect number 1.

Iirc, you are not able to regenerate yourself when you have the boiling blood dot on you. Because they he decrease hit point per tick and increase hit point per tick have the same effect number.

Makkan
02-03-2022, 04:01 PM
TIL! I will delete the post to not waste anyone else's time. Cheers!