PDA

View Full Version : I keep hearing how Iksar are the master race

Gugg
11-18-2021, 11:27 AM
A master race which has no trackers, porters, lockpickers, resurrecters or singers and is hated eveywhere it goes?

A master race which has 3rd rate charmers, healers and mezzers?

A master race which can't even get into the Plane of Sky or Plane of Hate without asking another race for permission first?

A master race which shuns free clicky damage?

A master race which is too weak to wear plate armor?

When you say the Iksar are the 'master' race do you mean they are the masters of village pillaging or masters of begging other races for help?

Human would be the master race of killing gods because the only thing they lack are Shamans which is ironic because Shamans kill gods solo.

ArbiterBlixen
11-18-2021, 11:28 AM
Immersed

Chortles Snortles
11-18-2021, 11:52 AM
https://i.imgur.com/jHbXILi.jpg
So this one lizard race starts with 2 zlandicar hearts for free which is a highly sought item which drops off a dragon which requires 40 people to kill

Jimjam
11-18-2021, 12:09 PM
Your arguments lack internal consistency.

Killing gods makes master race, shaman kill gods solo, iksar are shaman ergo iksar are master race.

starkind
11-18-2021, 12:16 PM
See this post.

It is clearly Lizardmen (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394838).

starkind
11-18-2021, 12:18 PM
Plenty of "iksar" are enchanters and bards and rogues lewl.

Also, Roror :D

Gugg
11-18-2021, 12:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jHbXILi.jpg
So this one lizard race starts with 2 zlandicar hearts for free which is a highly sought item which drops off a dragon which requires 40 people to kill

"So this one lizard race starts with 2 zlandicar hearts for free which is a highly sought item which drops off a dragon which requires 40 people to kill but these lizards are hated everywhere they go so you will be doing a lot of running away and playing dead in front of people while begging for resurrections from non-lizards, they are also too weak to wear plate armor and have low starting strength so you will walk slow and look a bit cucked, they don't get the special bracer which has the manaless clicky nuke (even if you are out of mana you're still useful to somebody somewhere with this bracer), you level much slower, and those two free items I mentioned earlier don't kick in properly till L60 but by then you don't need them anyway unless you're a necro but nobody really wants a necro in their group unless they look like you. There is another race that gets those two items for free too by the way so they are not exclusive to lizards. What's that baby? You want to be a pretty race which other girls play too instead of just neckbeards?

Chortles Snortles
11-18-2021, 09:12 PM
Immersed

Whale biologist
11-18-2021, 09:31 PM
We Love Zilla

Pringles
11-18-2021, 09:35 PM
snip

Iksars are like the hypothetical where the nazis conquered europe, including the UK, then got rolled everywhere, but held onto the UK to the present day.

to survive in a sea of smoothskins you gotta embrace the lizard fash

Ravager
11-18-2021, 10:08 PM
Iksars are for the <Special Buddies of Norrath>.

Gustoo
11-19-2021, 05:45 PM
Innate regen is a pretty insane upgrade.

Iksars also have secret avoidance bonus that probably makes them the ultimate min/max race if you did your own parses or something.

For monks and necromancers it is a no brainer as there are no drawbacks at all in those cases except hated faction.

For Shaman, Warrior, and SK you have to consider ogres and trolls. Trolls have the regen, and ogres have physical frontal stun immunity.

Of these 3 super power races which one is the most super power? Hard to decide. The innate avoidance bonus might be the deciding factor in Iksar versus the others.

For me it has always been Iksar for necro and monk, ogre for all their classes and troll for none since they overlap with ogre.

Now I'm not so sure.

Some classes have a clear superior race when it comes to minmax and others are less so.

This all in the velious era. In vanilla its different because min/max puts you in a different place. Mostly with cleric and paladin imo

Monk - Iksar
Necro - Iksar
Druid - Halfling
Enchanter - High Elf
Cleric - High elf
Rogue - Barbarian
Paladin - High elf
Wizard and Mage - DE probably just for hide ability

Bard, Ranger, doesn't matter at all

Warrior, SK, Shaman (the ogre/ troll overlap classes) there is room for debate.

That's just my opinion.

You can see that humans are not on the list anywhere.

But yeah if you had to limit yourself to one playable race you would wanna be human since they can be all classes except shaman. Duh.

Gustoo
11-19-2021, 05:47 PM
Really it's most important to be the race you like the best.

With new blind mechanic enabled I can't play blind races anymore the crazy contrast with the torches and total pitch blackness is just too buggy and weird for me to play them at all which is a huge shame.

Ravager
11-19-2021, 07:31 PM
Innate regen is a pretty insane upgrade.

Iksars also have secret avoidance bonus that probably makes them the ultimate min/max race if you did your own parses or something.

For monks and necromancers it is a no brainer as there are no drawbacks at all in those cases except hated faction.

For Shaman, Warrior, and SK you have to consider ogres and trolls. Trolls have the regen, and ogres have physical frontal stun immunity.

Of these 3 super power races which one is the most super power? Hard to decide. The innate avoidance bonus might be the deciding factor in Iksar versus the others.

For me it has always been Iksar for necro and monk, ogre for all their classes and troll for none since they overlap with ogre.

Now I'm not so sure.

Some classes have a clear superior race when it comes to minmax and others are less so.

This all in the velious era. In vanilla its different because min/max puts you in a different place. Mostly with cleric and paladin imo

Monk - Iksar
Necro - Iksar
Druid - Halfling
Enchanter - High Elf
Cleric - High elf
Rogue - Barbarian
Paladin - High elf
Wizard and Mage - DE probably just for hide ability

Bard, Ranger, doesn't matter at all

Warrior, SK, Shaman (the ogre/ troll overlap classes) there is room for debate.

That's just my opinion.

You can see that humans are not on the list anywhere.

But yeah if you had to limit yourself to one playable race you would wanna be human since they can be all classes except shaman. Duh.

Iksars are for weak bad players that need to compensate for being weak and bad.

unsunghero
11-20-2021, 03:18 AM
Really it's most important to be the race you like the best.

With new blind mechanic enabled I can't play blind races anymore the crazy contrast with the torches and total pitch blackness is just too buggy and weird for me to play them at all which is a huge shame.

I can hook ya up with glowing stone band if you’re on green. I sold my last one but I can get another np

starkind
11-20-2021, 08:22 AM
So iksars are like fancy shoes imo.

Learn2 run barefoot.

Then wear an iksar because they look cool and are way more comfortable anyway.

Boptop
11-20-2021, 11:55 AM
gnome

Vermineux
11-26-2021, 03:30 AM
gnome

Based.

ClephNote
11-26-2021, 08:32 AM
Humans Innoruk make best cleric, not high elf with their 2 STR and 1 STA.

If you’re min-maxing, you’re assuming access to plat or raid guild, in which case the better sis and cha of High Elf don’t matter.

Tethler
11-29-2021, 11:05 PM
Humans Innoruk make best cleric, not high elf with their 2 STR and 1 STA.

If you’re min-maxing, you’re assuming access to plat or raid guild, in which case the better sis and cha of High Elf don’t matter.

I like the DE inny cleric route for the snare neck + hide. Human looks rad with eyepatch though and is more rare.

Rader
11-29-2021, 11:41 PM
Iksars are for weak bad players that need to compensate for being weak and bad.

Whenever I see an iksar monk or necro, I automatically assume they are inferior players and am on guard for them making stupid decisions in game

Naethyn
11-29-2021, 11:44 PM
Ogre warriors too.

SantagarBrax
11-30-2021, 12:10 AM
Iksar necros are supremely more durable and badass than gnome/de/humans.

You don't have to constantly watch your lich if you get into trouble like those other races do. With ring 10 and x2 aob items, you won't lose hp's at all with demi lich on and sitting.

It's a no brainer.

Gustoo
11-30-2021, 01:11 AM
Rader and people like him are just wanting to feel better about not min/maxing which I support.

Of all the class / race combos the iksar necro and the iksar monk are the most supremely superior to all other alternatives that it is basically not fair and I wish they weren't in the game.

Ogre you at least have the drawback of being a big fat turdball. Plus you could argue for min maxing that someone with more agi and dex makes more sense since the ogre stats are pegged way past 255 on a warrior for str and sta.

Iksar necro and monk basically no drawbacks.

BlackBellamy
11-30-2021, 12:40 PM
A master race which has no...etc...etc...etc

Sorry you feel bad looking at your ugly character model. When you run, do your arms go all stiff and stupid looking? Do your legs look like they're powering a floating barrel? When you crouch do you look like you have spina bifida?

None of these things can be fixed with armor or equipment upgrades. You can waddle into the crowd and start reminding people about your frontal stun or how great your fancy spells are, but you're just an unattractive loser begging for some attention.

Good-looking people play Iksar. The rest come up with nerdtastic lists of why people should have sex with them.

reznor_
11-30-2021, 02:55 PM
[IMG] dragon which requires 40 people to kill

<20*

Toxigen
11-30-2021, 03:16 PM
Name a more powerful "starting naked with nothing" trio than Iksar necro, Iksar monk, and Iksar shaman.

You can't.

Gustoo
11-30-2021, 04:16 PM
Name a more powerful "starting naked with nothing" trio than Iksar necro, Iksar monk, and Iksar shaman.

You can't.

I'd put them against an Ogre Warrior, SK, and Shaman group. With supreme base stats for the warrior and the SK, I think they could probably compare favorably to level 30 despite the disadvantage of only one hi-mana-regen spell caster in the group.

Once mobs get too tough the efficiency of 2 caster classes vs 2 melee classes will probably win out.

Triode
11-30-2021, 05:32 PM

You misspelled fashion. Fungi's look like absolute dogshit on Iksars, and shrouds are obviously dead and gone. Thus, human is the only correct choice for a monk that you are going to spend hundreds/thousands of hours looking at.

Gustoo
11-30-2021, 05:48 PM
Fashion is purely subjective, everyone looks equally shit with the fungi on, that is the glory of the fungi.

starkind
11-30-2021, 05:53 PM
force enable velious graphics on all armors

classic vanilla graphics overly sexist towrds females

Jimjam
11-30-2021, 11:44 PM
Agreed. The elf female vanilla cloth textures are cringe.

Gustoo
12-01-2021, 01:58 AM
Not sure whats going on. What velious textures? The ones that apply specifically to velious armors? You want them to apply to all armor universally?

starkind
12-01-2021, 02:32 AM
correct

BlackBellamy
12-01-2021, 10:38 AM
Fashion is purely subjective, everyone looks equally shit with the fungi on, that is the glory of the fungi.

Iksar with fungi.

https://i.imgur.com/vC6RG53.jpg

Yes it has the same graphic as the cultural armor, just a tiny bit lighter ;p

Gustoo
12-01-2021, 11:17 AM
My bad. Iksar fungi fashion is pretty OP.

Twochain
12-01-2021, 12:38 PM
Fungi Graphic was made with iksar monk in mind dawg(at least someone said that once and I ran with it)

Iksar would be the min/max choice for every single class if enabled. Ironically, besides MAYBE Shaman.

Enchanter yes
Mage yes
Necro lmao
Wizard Yes

Cleric .. absolutely
Druid Makes the class OP
Shaman - Maybe not - SEE OGRE

Bard Yes
Monk Human monk made me quit green day 3
Ranger Absofuckinglutely- probably makes the class at least equal to knights if not better
Rogue Yes

Paladin ALL DAY
Shadowknight Mmmmmmmm prolly
Warriors - I've seen some pretty compelling arguments that Iksar is the Min/Max choice on p99.

And there you have it. Iksar would literally make druids and rangers a level above where they are now(Druid twinks are already just about the best twink on p99- add ac/MORE regen and you're a battle druid for life) . Not to mention Enchanters (UHHH AC + REGEN BUFF TO A SQUISHY CASTER THAT TAKES LOTS OF DAMAGE) So to be clear, Iksar in the master race because every class except arguably 2 would be either the min/max choice, OR, Is such a clear min/max choice that it increases your potential output 1-60 by as much as 20%.

I made that number up, but it's probably not too far off. AC and regen really adds up.

Twochain
12-02-2021, 02:12 PM
Fungi Graphic was made with iksar monk in mind dawg(at least someone said that once and I ran with it)

Iksar would be the min/max choice for every single class if enabled. Ironically, besides MAYBE Shaman.

Enchanter yes
Mage yes
Necro lmao
Wizard Yes

Cleric .. absolutely
Druid Makes the class OP
Shaman - Maybe not - SEE OGRE

Bard Yes
Monk Human monk made me quit green day 3
Ranger Absofuckinglutely- probably makes the class at least equal to knights if not better
Rogue Yes

Paladin ALL DAY
Shadowknight Mmmmmmmm prolly
Warriors - I've seen some pretty compelling arguments that Iksar is the Min/Max choice on p99.

And there you have it. Iksar would literally make druids and rangers a level above where they are now(Druid twinks are already just about the best twink on p99- add ac/MORE regen and you're a battle druid for life) . Not to mention Enchanters (UHHH AC + REGEN BUFF TO A SQUISHY CASTER THAT TAKES LOTS OF DAMAGE) So to be clear, Iksar in the master race because every class except arguably 2 would be either the min/max choice, OR, Is such a clear min/max choice that it increases your potential output 1-60 by as much as 20%.

I made that number up, but it's probably not too far off. AC and regen really adds up.

I changed my mind, I think Ogre Enchanter > Iksar Enchanter. The rest stands though.

unsunghero
12-02-2021, 04:27 PM
I changed my mind, I think Ogre Enchanter > Iksar Enchanter. The rest stands though.

Yeah, being bash stunned through damage shields is stupid, from a realism standpoint

I know, “it’s a fantasy game bro”, but if I have a magical protective barrier around me preventing something from touching me and something hits the barrier it’s not going to stun me as if it hit me

And why the F am I fizzling so much at level 51 still? All my spell schools are as high as they go yet I still constantly fizzle, sometimes 2-3 times in a row

Twochain
12-02-2021, 07:35 PM
Yeah, being bash stunned through damage shields is stupid, from a realism standpoint

I know, “it’s a fantasy game bro”, but if I have a magical protective barrier around me preventing something from touching me and something hits the barrier it’s not going to stun me as if it hit me

And why the F am I fizzling so much at level 51 still? All my spell schools are as high as they go yet I still constantly fizzle, sometimes 2-3 times in a row

U fizzling ur newer spells?

Also, call me crazy, but I feel as though moving a step after fizzling greatly reduces the chance to fizzle twice in a row. Ya'll ever just press the button 7 times in a row and fizzle every time? My tinfoil hat stay equipped.

BlackBellamy
12-02-2021, 11:12 PM
FSI is such hype. Never made a difference yet.

unsunghero
12-02-2021, 11:20 PM
U fizzling ur newer spells?

Also, call me crazy, but I feel as though moving a step after fizzling greatly reduces the chance to fizzle twice in a row. Ya'll ever just press the button 7 times in a row and fizzle every time? My tinfoil hat stay equipped.

Not just the newer stuff, mesmerize and color shift. Color shift stun is the one thing you absolutely don't want to fizzle on, yet I still do, all the time. And it's pure pain

I'm completely with you wearing a tinfoil hat. The other issue that I've noticed is de-syncing from the server or something and getting "your spell is interrupted" over and over despite my feet being planted. I knew it was the game fucking with me (probably just a latency or sync issue), when it did this. Alliance is an instant cast clicky. instant. Yet still interrupted...how???

Whale biologist
12-03-2021, 12:12 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ECJJj9b.jpg

starkind
12-03-2021, 12:32 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ECJJj9b.jpg

Rly good post, glad u made it public 👍

Arvan
12-03-2021, 02:48 AM
FSI is such hype. Never made a difference yet.

Saying fsi matters is just coping for the uglies. Iksar cope with the ugly by saying regen!

Gustoo
12-03-2021, 07:21 PM
When youre standing there getting bashed by a buncha junk warrior mobs and your spells never get interrupted you think "oh man, I wish I could disabled FSI"

not.

Wish I could have FSI as a cleric so when I do PBAOE's to low level mobs to faction up I could do so with slightly more convenience. Mostly the mobs miss but if they land a bash what a bummer and time waster.