PDA

View Full Version : teal server?

Dainswulf
08-18-2021, 03:07 PM
I came here trying to figure out if I should start on blue or green, and saw this forum title list teal server? Is that no longer an active server?

Cen
08-21-2021, 11:21 PM
Teal and Green servers merged and are now just called Green. They never fixed the board name though :D

OuterChimp
08-24-2021, 12:55 PM
Teal will always be there....for those who know the way...

cd288
08-24-2021, 01:23 PM
Teal will always be there....for those who know the way...

Sorry that we don't have instances on P99

astuce999
08-24-2021, 01:49 PM
Sorry that we don't have instances on P99

Aren't you still making laps and being happy that you killed the fun of hundreds if not thousands of players who didn't want the same 'neckbeard' experience you crave?

Teal was classic EQ at its best, RIP

Astuce

loramin
08-24-2021, 01:50 PM

Balimon
08-24-2021, 07:28 PM

cd288
08-24-2021, 10:31 PM
Aren't you still making laps and being happy that you killed the fun of hundreds if not thousands of players who didn't want the same 'neckbeard' experience you crave?

Astuce

I’m no neck beard. I don’t even raid haha. I just think that Teal is kind of the opposite of what classics EQ is about. And it was also created when we were at a population lower than the pop classic EQ servers would usually split at. People just came to P99 and realized that they don’t like classic EQ (I.e. not being able to do do whatever you want whenever you want to, have whatever camp you want open, etc.). It was essentially the same slippery slope that modern MMOs started down and ended up with instancing.

Don’t like people occupying some of the content you want to do sometimes? Then P99 isn’t for you, but the good news is the TLPs offer a semi-classic experience and have pick zones for you to utilize…so there’s still something out there that will give you what you’re looking for.

Tunabros
08-24-2021, 10:32 PM
cringe post

seek help

Toxigen
08-25-2021, 12:11 PM
consider blue

Tunabros
08-25-2021, 01:28 PM
consider blue

mental illness

cd288
08-25-2021, 02:37 PM
consider blue

I've been playing on both recently with both level 50+ characters and also lower level alts and I have found the experience to be virtually the same on both servers at this point

Tunabros
08-25-2021, 02:38 PM
I've been playing on both recently with both level 50+ characters and also lower level alts and I have found the experience to be virtually the same on both servers at this point

no point on playing blue unless your just farming DKP for vulak or a plat farmer like me

cd288
08-25-2021, 02:46 PM
no point on playing blue unless your just farming DKP for vulak or a plat farmer like me

I mean, not really. I've been enjoying going back to level my Monk and other alts that I hadn't played in awhile. Like I said, the experience on both servers is now essentially the same as they are relatively the same population, lots of twinks, etc.

You could also argue there's no point in playing on Green anymore now that the experience is the same and the servers are merging in like 12-16 months.

Danth
08-25-2021, 02:56 PM
I mean, not really.

I think "fun" might be a forgotten concept to some folks. P99 Blue and Green are more alike than different at this stage of their respective lives, and that line will only ever more closely converge over time. Biggest reason I see to prefer one over the other at this stage amounts to social considerations and where a person's friends are at.

Danth

Tunabros
08-25-2021, 03:01 PM
I doubt they are merging

green is more "classic" than blue

when it merges, we just gonna remove pet windows and custom uis?

boy, will that cause a riot

Izmael
08-25-2021, 04:31 PM
I think "fun" might be a forgotten concept to some folks.

It totally is. A lot of us forgot the fun of crawling something like Runnyeye or even Blackburrow when you are of a relevant level with no twinking, and actually getting out alive.

That's the classic EQ's holy grail - not having X million platinum on your EC mule, which doesn't change anything very much.

cd288
08-25-2021, 04:44 PM
I doubt they are merging

green is more "classic" than blue

when it merges, we just gonna remove pet windows and custom uis?

boy, will that cause a riot

They're not removing anything on Blue. It will just be a repository where your characters will be stored in case you want to play them still. Then they launch a new fresh green 2.0 that runs through the same timeline.

Staff already said this.

Cen
08-25-2021, 05:18 PM
I am from Teal. I have endured our worlds merging and I will endure it again. The P99 gods here have essentially not missed a beat on any of their release dates and they will likely merge green 1 into blue as they already proclaimed they would and it will work just like all the successful seasonal merge games that do the same. The open/off ladder servers are meant to have goofy economies, and the new green will be born again and we will fight our asses off again. I think green will get better each time where we really try to break classic rules over our knees better and better.

MinorBuildor
09-01-2021, 11:40 AM
I think "fun" might be a forgotten concept to some folks. P99 Blue and Green are more alike than different at this stage of their respective lives, and that line will only ever more closely converge over time. Biggest reason I see to prefer one over the other at this stage amounts to social considerations and where a person's friends are at.

Danth

Green has maybe 20% more players than Blue, and I created several characters there. That said, I've mostly gone back to playing Blue. At the end of the day, the convenience of TAB targeting and 10 hotkeys matter more to me than "Classic purity".