PDA

View Full Version : Make corpse poofing...a Feature!

SantagarBrax
07-28-2021, 02:07 AM
Implement Graveyards again in all zones.
Corpses poof upon dying, GM's reset all corpses once a month to graveyards.

Let's go HARD MODE!

myrddraal
07-28-2021, 03:01 AM
Just join <No Time For Rez> and delete your character when you die if you want hard mode. Not winking, no out of level range buffing, just good ol classic.

myrddraal
07-28-2021, 03:02 AM
*no twinking too.

Grumph
07-28-2021, 08:28 AM

Gustoo
07-28-2021, 11:16 AM
Implement Graveyards again

What is this "again" part?

I support the plan.

Nexii
07-28-2021, 11:27 AM
I think a week or a month is a good middle ground, if it could be automated it'd be an interesting server idea. Though it'd be a server all about having tons of alts to get around the death lockouts. Not sure how you'd get around that while allowing alts.

Hrothgar
07-28-2021, 12:02 PM
"Again" might refer to PoFire, where there is a graveyard that your body goes to when you die in zone. You have to swim through lava to get there, and (at least in original PoP) I don't think you can gate out from the GY after.

loramin
07-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Honestly, from a programming standpoint if you already have code that eats corpses, and you're writing the code to make it not eat corpses instead, it really wouldn't be hard to keep the old behavior behind an "if" statement which checks some kind of "is permadeath on?" flag.

If they did that while they're fixing the bug now, then later on it'd be easy enough to add a /permadeathme command of some sort, to switch that flag on, and then P99 could have true permadeath support. Wouldn't be classic, but would be a fun feature for Blue I think.