PDA

View Full Version : Question about PnP and /list

Fang
07-26-2021, 06:21 AM
There is a particular item that I like to camp and sell. I can clear the 10+ place holders for the item on my own and am able to kill the item dropper when it spawns without assistance. The camp is complicated and requires that persons working the placeholders and named have the correct faction, skills, and information.

I often show up to the camp to find 5 - 15 people in the zone and declaring themselves on the /list for the item, with usually a single person from that list working the camp for the benefit of all. Today, I joined a list at number 6 and discovered that this group of people had not cleared a single place holder in almost 2 hours. They did not possess the ability to clear place holders or to kill the item dropper when he spawned. They were just sitting there, on their /list, waiting for someone who could actually work the spawn to come along.

I did the nice thing and spent almost 11 hours working the spawn and getting the folks the item, but it was completely astonishing to me as I watched some of them add themselves back onto the list after getting the item and corpsing it. These individuals did absolutely did nothing to contribute and I could have had the item for myself after 30 minutes. This is why I am making this thread. As someone able to actually work a camp, am I in any way able to push these vultures out of this camp?

I don't want to be a total ass, but the people that are showing up for this camp with nothing to offer, and then putting themselves at the end of the /list after they get and corpse the item that was essentially farmed for them are starting to get on my nerve.

Any advice? How can I tell certain people to eff off? Or is this allowed? Thank you for your thoughts.

BurtMacklinFBI
07-26-2021, 07:34 AM
Green is the wait in line server. Don't try to cut it or pick your way past, you'll get perma banned

drackgon
07-26-2021, 07:51 AM
If this is playermade /list aka OVP. And no one is doing anything. Then your allowed to kill ph and take camp. OVP has many seprate rooms in the keep. A lot of peeps have gone in and claimed a room and opposite room for themselves. If the /list group isnt killing anything. Then they don't have a camp. Thats on them. But personally I would call them out like hey either help or someones going to jump in and destroy this list. Now if your talking bout beads /list camp. No your SoL. Only person who has to actually do anything is #1 on list. If that person is afk not doing anything I do believe in past GMs have posted that you can /petition and they will remove.

Tewaz
07-26-2021, 11:03 AM
I believe the /list functionality makes it so if the item drops in the zone, it will only be lootable by the #1 person on the list.

Scalem
07-26-2021, 11:19 AM
There is a particular item that I like to camp and sell. I can clear the 10+ place holders for the item on my own and am able to kill the item dropper when it spawns without assistance. The camp is complicated and requires that persons working the placeholders and named have the correct faction, skills, and information.

I often show up to the camp to find 5 - 15 people in the zone and declaring themselves on the /list for the item, with usually a single person from that list working the camp for the benefit of all. Today, I joined a list at number 6 and discovered that this group of people had not cleared a single place holder in almost 2 hours. They did not possess the ability to clear place holders or to kill the item dropper when he spawned. They were just sitting there, on their /list, waiting for someone who could actually work the spawn to come along.

I did the nice thing and spent almost 11 hours working the spawn and getting the folks the item, but it was completely astonishing to me as I watched some of them add themselves back onto the list after getting the item and corpsing it. These individuals did absolutely did nothing to contribute and I could have had the item for myself after 30 minutes. This is why I am making this thread. As someone able to actually work a camp, am I in any way able to push these vultures out of this camp?

I don't want to be a total ass, but the people that are showing up for this camp with nothing to offer, and then putting themselves at the end of the /list after they get and corpse the item that was essentially farmed for them are starting to get on my nerve.

Any advice? How can I tell certain people to eff off? Or is this allowed? Thank you for your thoughts.

If it is a player made list and not a /list it is only enforceable for 1 spawn. Besides it being /list or player ran list the rules for any camp state you have to be actively attempting to clear the camp to claim it. People can't just sit there and claim to be 1st on the list if they aren't even clearing the camp. How do you tell them to eff off? Just don't engage them learn the rules of what you can and can't do and play the game your way within those confines.

Fang
07-29-2021, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the responses. There are 5 - 6 druids that show up everyday (All from <Dial a Port>) and contribute nothing. They sit there contributing nothing and then when their turn is up, loot the item, corpse it, and promptly relist.

As someone who can work the camp solo, it really bothers me to see these folks who contribute absolutely nothing sit there and soak up loot. This is not just my complaint. Those of us who work the spawn regularly have talked about it and we absolutely slow things down when we have 3 <Dial a Port> druids sitting in front of us on the list waiting for their free loot. Our only recourse at this point is to slow the drop rate to try to discourage them from scavenging.

The only thing keeping me from telling these guys to eff off is not wanting to be blacklisted from <Dial a Port> services. Several of the folks I see showing up and leeching are officers in <DAP>

fortior
07-29-2021, 06:46 AM
Which item is this about? Is this a player made list or a real /list?

Fang
07-29-2021, 07:00 AM
Player made. To the best of my knowledge there is only one hard coded /list and that's at the beads.

Guesty07
07-29-2021, 07:20 AM
If they arnt actively killing placeholders I would imagine it's yours to take

drackgon
07-29-2021, 07:38 AM
The only Player made list going is OVP/AC/CoS camps. So yeah if ur at any of those. and peeps whos #1 on list isnt killing or doing anything. Then their not on list. now if druid is healing peeps whos tanking said mobs and buffing I would see that as their helping. #2-number X. Tech doesn't have to do a single thing, but its Who of them to help to speed up kills aka move the line faster.

Jerri
07-29-2021, 07:40 AM
Yupp as per previous poster. If the person who is #1 on the list isn't actively clearing then anyone else can do so and claim the list.

fortior
07-29-2021, 07:54 AM
lol at the idea of letting some random trash geared dial a port guy loot something they can't even kill.