PDA

View Full Version : Lists are not good for peoples mental health and the environment

paulmccherry
07-15-2021, 08:18 AM
Lists need to be redesigned in this age of environmental concerns, computers should not have to be left switched on for games. People sitting at their computers for for 30-50 hours also impacts their health and well being and may leave the P1999 team open to legal issues in the future.

fortior
07-15-2021, 08:53 AM
those reasons are both incredibly retarded, op. lists are bad but come up with real arguments.

Nexii
07-15-2021, 09:11 AM
Imo random rather than ordered is more classic

Baler
07-15-2021, 09:48 AM
EverQuest in general is not good for one's mental health.

Keep in mind UO & EQ came out in the earliest days of MMO's. There was understanding of what side effects it could have on the human mind. No studies on mental health to correspond to this brand new subject.

@OP So in reality you should spend less time on the computer than what everquest requires of you. This problem is not about Lists if you are serious about mental health.

Baler
07-15-2021, 09:50 AM
There was no understanding*
(can't edit in RnF)

Nirgon
07-15-2021, 10:13 AM
Tell China and India to clean up the environment

And why did they cancel our pipeline to promote the Russian one. Russian pipe is better for environment?

Gas prices are nuts, many of you worship corporate slavers.

starkind
07-15-2021, 01:56 PM

And why did they cancel our pipeline to promote the Russian one. Russian pipe is better for environment?

thats like telling a toddlar disneyland is evil and kills ppl and that the homeless in orlando are their fault and that they should pick up their room and go to church (they should) but lol

*dyes hair green like orcskin*

Pulgasari
07-15-2021, 02:01 PM

In North America? A pipeline in Europe really doesn't hurt or help us.

Nirgon
07-15-2021, 02:47 PM
Yeah there's a pipeline somewhere else in this "global effort" - you guys decided getting cucked here somehow means the problem doesn't exist somewhere else on "muh earth". Isn't that what it's all about?

myrddraal
07-15-2021, 03:11 PM
This is part of why instances were made, hope this helps.

Nirgon
07-15-2021, 03:12 PM
It doesn't

fortior
07-15-2021, 03:19 PM
if someone decides to stay awake for 30 hours and they die because they have never lifted anything heavier than a cheeto in their life, then that's their problem. and probably a net gain for society. harsh but true.

Nirgon
07-15-2021, 03:21 PM
Can you imagine being so feeble you die from playing a computer game LOL

and on a somewhat related note? The Earth's a big girl and she can take care of herself.

fortior
07-15-2021, 03:25 PM
from playing a computer game? nope. from being a fat sedentary loser who scratches their ass with the same hand they use for shoveling doritos into their face, maybe. if pulling an all nighter or two is genuinely impossible for you, seriously work on your health. thousands of new parents have to do that shit for weeks on end.

Nirgon
07-15-2021, 04:04 PM
You gotta be really low T to not be able to do a 24 hour EQ bender. Fatally low if you don't survive.

Naethyn
07-15-2021, 04:31 PM
Look good and make friends and you can have anything you want in p99 or life.

Fammaden
07-15-2021, 04:32 PM
Except maybe a SoD.

strongNpretty
07-15-2021, 04:42 PM
Can't get Rip's sweet ass warder loot, he'll be here in a second to remind us.

starkind
07-15-2021, 06:03 PM
Yeah I'm starting to notice how a lot of modern games abilities and networking is designed to be cheaper, more frugally hosted.

Ravager
07-15-2021, 06:24 PM
Imo random rather than ordered is more classic

Agreed. RNG for life!

starkind
07-15-2021, 06:35 PM
I'm feeble. Sometimes I grey out, wake up infront of my computer and I'm like this is it. This is probably where they found me. I'm just dreaming about sitting here and everything feels warm and funny. This is all I want to remember.

That and occasionally shit posting here.

RevSaber
07-15-2021, 11:03 PM
Lists are as detrimental to the environment as bitcoin.... Suck it lefties

derpcake2
07-16-2021, 03:17 AM
Lists are awesome.

It keeps retards with zero goals busy, and keeps them out of society.

Clear win/win.

Arvan
07-16-2021, 04:02 AM
Sorry you dont got hebs

Izmael
07-16-2021, 06:50 AM
Award random from top 6 people on the list.

Not sure what's at stake though.

After beads are gone, there will be no more list camps on any P99 server and there are no public plans for new servers.

I wonder how /list camps would work on a new Red though. Could be some interesting mechanics if the population is high enough.

Nirgon
07-16-2021, 10:33 AM
Participation trophy generation right here yall

foxchris509
07-21-2021, 11:18 PM
Can't get Rip's sweet ass warder loot, he'll be here in a second to remind us.

Lmao

Swish
07-22-2021, 01:27 AM
Award random from top 6 people on the list.

Not sure what's at stake though.

After beads are gone, there will be no more list camps on any P99 server and there are no public plans for new servers.

I wonder how /list camps would work on a new Red though. Could be some interesting mechanics if the population is high enough.

You wouldn't have /list camps on red, /list is as pve as it gets.

Kesselring
07-23-2021, 04:55 AM
Get a load of this guy whos never camped stormfeather before.

RevSaber
07-23-2021, 10:42 AM
Lists keep pc's running far too long. What about the planet?! What about muh ozone layer... Have you no consideration?!

Rainik Stormseeker
07-23-2021, 03:04 PM

^ winning

Amelainn
09-27-2021, 02:48 PM
Hey, maybe you can go to a psychiatrist for help...? A friend of mine ha sborderline personality disorder . Ngl, at first, I didn't believe her either. I thought it was just something she made up to prank me. But then she insisted on going to a psychiatrist, and I went with her. That was when she was diagnosed with BPD. Signs of her behavior that only now I see as clear as day never caught my attention before. She has trust issues, she's more aggressive than before (even just a small argument can get physical if you don't know how to talk to her,) and she also finds it hard to control her emotions. There are many more symptoms, you can read more at http://fherehab.com . I hope that I somehow helped.

AenorVZ
09-29-2021, 03:53 AM
This will work much better on Purple.

unsunghero
09-29-2021, 01:44 PM
You clearly have never heard of the rank 14 grind in WoW

Tunabros
09-29-2021, 02:00 PM
unoot the dragons

Horza
09-29-2021, 02:05 PM

RIP Nirgon

Bardp1999
09-29-2021, 03:08 PM
Should random the item between the top 5 - total bull shit that its just "wait in line for your item". Thought this server wasnt a free hand out server

KohakuIto
10-12-2021, 04:24 AM
Hey, maybe you can go to a psychiatrist for help...? A friend of mine ha sborderline personality disorder . Ngl, at first, I didn't believe her either. I thought it was just something she made up to prank me. But then she insisted on going to a psychiatrist, and I went with her. That was when she was diagnosed with BPD. Signs of her behavior that only now I see as clear as day never caught my attention before. She has trust issues, she's more aggressive than before (even just a small argument can get physical if you don't know how to talk to her,) and she also finds it hard to control her emotions. There are many more symptoms, you can read more at http://fherehab.com . I hope that I somehow helped.

I completely agree that a psychologist or psychiatrist is the first person to whom you should turn for help, and there is definitely nothing shameful about this since this is a very serious problem that should not be kept in yourself. Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.

OuterChimp
10-12-2021, 09:31 AM
OP needs to be box checked....then banned.

KohakuIto
10-12-2021, 11:33 AM
OP needs to be box checked....then banned.

Banned for what? Is something wrong?

OuterChimp
10-13-2021, 11:50 AM
Banned for what? Is something wrong?

RMT

KohakuIto
10-15-2021, 04:18 AM
RMT

What is RMT?

KohakuIto
10-18-2021, 04:31 AM
I completely agree that a psychologist or psychiatrist is the first person to whom you should turn for help, and there is definitely nothing shameful about this since this is a very serious problem that should not be kept in yourself. Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Since I think that this is a very important topic that needs to be discussed, I try to raise this topic in my works, so I am writing an essay on mental health that you can read and familiarize yourself with at this link https://papersowl.com/examples/mental-health/. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.