PDA

View Full Version : This new spawn timer variance is great...

Zhao
03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
except for the fact that its retarded. Seriously, this 4am spawn-time crap sucks. Only jobless losers can be awake at 4 am to kill dragons.

Otto
03-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Or people who have shifts at night and are still up at that point.

Or people who are willing to sacrifice some sleep because their job is easy.

Or people who are addicted to this game.

Or a lot of things, aside from the obvious *if you're in Transcendence* thing.

Trimm
03-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Zhao I like you and remember when you helped me with gear when I was leveling up, but you do realize you're just opening yourself up to a slaughter with this thread, right?

karsten
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Or a lot of things, aside from the obvious *if you're in Transcendence* thing.

oh man

Zhao
03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I guess I'm the only one who thinks being awake at 4 am to fight over 10 year old content is stupid. Well congrats to IB on all your 4 am dragon kills. I hope those uber items are worth the loss of sleep. I know it sure as hell isn't for me.

Hasbinbad
03-04-2010, 12:11 PM
except for the fact that its retarded. Seriously, this 4am spawn-time crap sucks. Only jobless losers can be awake at 4 am to kill dragons.
Guess you shoulda reigned in your posse when they were all about..
Wuh waaaaaa whieeeeaaaaahh, waaaaaaa wawaaaawaaaa, waaaaaaa; waaaaa waaaaa, waaa.
..shoulnd't ya've?

drplump
03-04-2010, 12:17 PM
If your pro your only up for an hour at the most

Crone
03-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Have the cell phone trees started yet to get everyone online? Freakin' sweet.

Glitch
03-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Spawn Variance

A variance of +/- 48 hours (limited to prime time hours only) will be added to the following: Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, Cazic-Thule, Innoruuk.
A variance of +/- 24 hours (limited to prime time hours only) will be added to the following: Dracoliche, Maestro of Rancor.

I like it!

Makeda
03-04-2010, 12:44 PM
What about the €uropean people ? :D

Zhao
03-04-2010, 12:46 PM
What about the €uropean people ? :D

Eh, nobody really cares about the Europeans.

Virtuosos
03-04-2010, 01:09 PM
-shrug- ill go to bed early and set an alarm for my guild....go to bed at 10, wake up at 3, kill a dragon, go back to bed, wake up at 7.....like you never missed a beat

guineapig
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
-shrug- ill go to bed early and set an alarm for my guild....go to bed at 10, wake up at 3, kill a dragon, go back to bed, wake up at 7.....like you never missed a beat

Well to be fair, that's assuming you know when the dragon will spawn, which we don't. I'm not complaining, just saying.

Trimm
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
that's assuming you know when the dragon will spawn, which we don't.

Trans would argue otherwise.

Otto
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Trans would argue otherwise.

Which is why it's so funny

IBrulez
03-04-2010, 02:25 PM
You mean the elected fat cat leaders who think they're gods are changing the laws to benefit their favored guild which contains all their alt characters?

OH MY GOD HOW COULD ALL OF HISTORY IN THE WORLD EVER PREDICTED SUCH CORRUPTION AND FAVORTISM?!?!

Makeda
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Eh, nobody really cares about the Europeans.

:eek:

Otto
03-04-2010, 04:04 PM
You mean the elected fat cat leaders who think they're gods are changing the laws to benefit their favored guild which contains all their alt characters?

OH MY GOD HOW COULD ALL OF HISTORY IN THE WORLD EVER PREDICTED SUCH CORRUPTION AND FAVORTISM?!?!

Christian man, you can stop the zomg GMs in the guild stuff at any time.

There are no longer any members in any guild that have the capabilities of logging into a GM character.

Auvdar
03-04-2010, 04:19 PM
I ran out of popcorn in the "WTF is going on" thread.

WTB popcorn.

Segoris
03-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I ran out of popcorn in the "WTF is going on" thread.

WTB popcorn.

I forsee a shortage of popcorn. Good thing I've been stocking up!

WTS popcorn, 5k pp per small bag, 1k for salt, 2k for butter! Accepting trades of Sno-Caps and junior mints.

Aeolwind
03-04-2010, 05:02 PM

FYI, -none- of the development staff play any longer, moron. And with that, I've had enough of you =).

nilbog
03-04-2010, 05:35 PM
There are no longer any members in any guild that have the capabilities of logging into a GM character. I was wondering how long the favoritism posts would continue on with people not knowing. I was enjoying laughing at them :P

razorz
03-04-2010, 05:46 PM
http://photoshopcontest.com/images/large/kl4g38a8ctm8vgcmiyh2b151haeakecjc60x.jpg

guineapig
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I got me some batwing crunchies!!!

guineapig
03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
FYI, -none- of the development staff play any longer, moron. And with that, I've had enough of you =).

Wait what? I met a guy in game the other day who said he was a dev.
He told me that if I send him naked pictures of myself that he would fill my bags with manastones...

This was a scam?

Aeolwind
03-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Wait what? I met a guy in game the other day who said he was a dev.
He told me that if I send him naked pictures of myself that he would fill my bags with manastones...

This was a scam?

That was me =(. I lied, sorry, thanks for the pics though!

drplump
03-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I saw a guy called "The Nameless" in oggok. I killed him and he dropped 80 sojs so I filled my inventory and stash.

Cheech
03-05-2010, 02:08 AM
I saw a guy called "The Nameless" in oggok. I killed him and he dropped 80 sojs so I filled my inventory and stash.

Duper!

Humerox
03-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Who was the poor soul that was checking the spawn at 4am?

Kinda f'd up that the ones that love the game so much they helped develop P99 can't play where they want to, because of a bunch of ignorant whiners.

Dabamf
03-05-2010, 06:29 AM

4am US time spawn means that when I get home from work at 6pm I can catch a lucky dragon spawn and raid, when I tend to miss most normal time spawns. Maybe your guild should have more azn time players, or look up phone tree in the dictionary.

Or, you just don't want it that bad, in which case, guess what? You probably shouldn't be playing classic EQ if you want the rewards without working for them.

Or I coulda just quoted hasbin

thrawnseg
03-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Yea, phone tree on a EMU or get out.

karsten
03-05-2010, 11:35 AM
what's a phone tree? (honest question)

Sinlea
03-05-2010, 11:56 AM
It's a tree phones grow on, obviously.

thrawnseg
03-05-2010, 12:24 PM
what's a phone tree? (honest question)

Back in live, if a boss spawned at a random time, everyone in the guild had like 3 peoples (or more) phone numbers/contact info to call to have them log in.

So say Otto saw Naggy spawn at 4:38am, he would call Karsten, who in turn would call Hadinbad and Burple, who would call others and the dragon would die by 4:50am or such.

Simon Belmont
03-05-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CHG_To7Ag

I know this has been posted but I dont give a crap its relevant to phone trees...

Salty
03-05-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.mobileshop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/phone-built-into-a-tree.jpg

Hasbinbad
03-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Kinda f'd up that the ones that love the game so much they helped develop P99 can't play where they want to, because of a bunch of ignorant whiners.
Truth.

Daydrem
03-05-2010, 06:52 PM
^ this

Yam
03-06-2010, 02:40 AM
The GMs actually animate random mobs in Guk to gank level ~20 groups.

Way more fun than actual EQ.

contactus
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM

And there are weapons of mass destruction in the middle east. AND obama promises to end to war. AND obama promises to create jobs.

Oh my god it must be true because he said so!! wow! everytime a leader says something it must be true and history has proven well time and time again that this is always true omg. WOW YES that makes total sense.

FYI -all- of the development staff play in top guilds that will continue to be favored just like the same 'developers' that played with the VZ/TZ corruption are now 'developing' this new server.

OH MY GOD YOU MEAN THE SAME RICH FAT CATS RUNNING OIL INDUSTRIES ARE RULING THE WORLD AND NOT THE ELECTED OFFICIALS? OH MY GOD NOTHING IN HISTORY HAS EVER HINTED TO THAT NOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nilbog
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
blah blah blah.

You can believe us or not, but I feel bad for myself or my developers not being able to play the game they helped create.

Unlike the government, we have no reason to lie to you.

I'll debate corporations and oil all you'd like, but this is emulated classic everquest. We don't profit or shape the world, so your analogies make no sense.

Policy can't/won't get any better than this, so what are you crying about? If your intent is for this to not exist at all, your crying will fall on even deafer ears.

Aeolwind
03-06-2010, 10:14 PM
And there are weapons of mass destruction in the middle east. AND obama promises to end to war. AND obama promises to create jobs.

Oh my god it must be true because he said so!! wow! everytime a leader says something it must be true and history has proven well time and time again that this is always true omg. WOW YES that makes total sense.

FYI -all- of the development staff play in top guilds that will continue to be favored just like the same 'developers' that played with the VZ/TZ corruption are now 'developing' this new server.

OH MY GOD YOU MEAN THE SAME RICH FAT CATS RUNNING OIL INDUSTRIES ARE RULING THE WORLD AND NOT THE ELECTED OFFICIALS? OH MY GOD NOTHING IN HISTORY HAS EVER HINTED TO THAT NOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And anonymous posting means nothing right along with your opinion.

Crow
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM

This.

Tsuken
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Why aren't GMs allowed to play normal characters like everyone else?

Otto
03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Why aren't GMs allowed to play normal characters like everyone else?

Because the general populace of the server (actually more like 20-30 people who are very vocal about their complaints) have this conspiracy theory that the GM's who had play characters in the high end guilds were abusing their power and hacking.

Stupid, I know... but when people bitch and moan all day every day and the only way to placate them is to simply remove a privilege from 3-5 people, some people would give in.

The idea behind the decision, I'd assume, is the fact that the people who created this server would do ANYTHING to see it succeed. The bitching and moaning would deteriorate the server's integrity and people might be deterred from coming here. I know I would give up the ability to play if my creation was under threat of being deteriorated and destroyed.

Zordana
03-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Who was the poor soul that was checking the spawn at 4am?

tbh its very very sad... and im sorry for all the devs and GMs missing all the fun stuff which they're workin hard for every day..

Zithax
03-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Let's go down to mcdonalds to get you a whineburger and some frenchcries.

Salty
03-07-2010, 11:28 PM
GMs aren't allowed to play normal characters like everyone else?

Wonder why Xzerion isn't a GM anymore~

nilbog
03-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Wonder why Xzerion isn't a GM anymore~ Because he fell under the same rules as the rest of the development team. Given the option, he is playing. He put in a ton of work that all you are enjoying and he deserves the right to enjoy it for himself as well.

There will be no flaming of former developers affected by this decision. Most of you have no idea how much work the developers put into the game, but I will most assuredly protect them from flaming, when they cannot protect themselves. I will personally issue suspensions for anyone that breaks this rule.

Hasbinbad
07-05-2011, 03:54 AM
http://www.chrisdouglasexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Necromancy_103.jpg

Ektar
07-05-2011, 11:31 AM
man this brought back some memories.

ZHAO WILL FIGHT YOU IRL