PDA

View Full Version : Exchanging gold from treants as iksar necro

Skittlez
04-25-2021, 10:51 PM
Where would the closest place be for me to exchange my gold when farming treants as a iksar?

DMN
04-25-2021, 11:31 PM
You mean convert your gold into plat, right?? If combine weapons are on green check out the gypsy camp in NK and buy/sell those.

Careful though some of them have crappy resell values from what i recall. apparently the scimitar will theoretically return nearly its entire value, going off the wiki.

Skittlez
04-25-2021, 11:38 PM
Yes, thank you!

Scalem
04-26-2021, 12:26 AM
Just go to the Centaurs in SK near the Treants. The gypsys in NK won’t talk to you as an iksar necro unless you have the level 34 or higher lich.

Mooshu3100
04-26-2021, 04:57 AM
+1 for the centaur camp. If you’re lucky, the staff that the treats drop is on his inventory.. can quickly convert gold to PP buying and reselling those!

DMN
04-26-2021, 05:40 AM
uhh, Gypsies should sell to anyone.

i doubt there is anything good for plat converting with the centaurs. even if there is something like a treant staff prolly only be one, and then as soon as you bought/resold it would end up hidden behind all the other junk., that's assuming someone would even sell one of those in the first place, which i kinda doubt.

RecondoJoe
04-26-2021, 07:25 AM
I'm surprised this camp is open at all on Green (it wasn't while I was there).

My friend used to hire Druids from Dial a Port to handle his coin. Even going to the Centaur camp to sell would usually result in you losing the camp.

Jimjam
04-26-2021, 07:29 AM
Topaz can be purchased infinitely at KFC good if you want to seed the centaurs with a cash converter. Can also buy instruments to make your pet look cooler. I'd be worried about giving up the camp even to go to cents let alone Windchaser.

drackgon
04-26-2021, 07:49 AM
Gypies were revamped when kunark hit. They do not sell to everyone anymore. Most evil races still dubious do them now for some odd reason. And no way 2 raise faction.

drackgon
04-26-2021, 07:52 AM
Jimjam bind at centaurs. and park pet at treants. Moment you kill last one gate and sell and run back(bring sow pots) and you can genearlly make it back b4 respawn. As long as your keeping your camp clear. Or tech engaging it within a min or 2 of it spawning. No one can take your camp. Just be smart organize ur bags with stuff your going to vendor then just buy back and resell to exchange. Other good things is just tip DaP members Hey i have 3k gold Ill give you for 240pp etc.

DMN
04-26-2021, 08:08 AM
Just happen to be able to check the Sro DE gypsies and they are in fact dubious -- even to DEs. That's weird.. so does that mean you are FUBAR if you are evil and want to do the lightstone quests? Is this a bug? as someone posted in the bug section about it?

Frug
04-26-2021, 09:25 AM
I'm surprised this camp is open at all on Green (it wasn't while I was there).

My friend used to hire Druids from Dial a Port to handle his coin. Even going to the Centaur camp to sell would usually result in you losing the camp.

QFT

Dirkdaring
04-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Go to the Centaur Village, which is right by the Tree Ants you are not kos there , find the merchant , and buy the Great Staff he sells for 18 platinum, and sell it back to him for 17 platinum, to get rid of excess silver and gold .

starkind
04-26-2021, 12:19 PM
gnome/dwarf couple in rathe mountains IMO

they sell all kinds of gems, prefectly safe bind point

the gnome? i think is on beta neutral

Sabin76
04-26-2021, 01:24 PM
Just happen to be able to check the Sro DE gypsies and they are in fact dubious -- even to DEs. That's weird.. so does that mean you are FUBAR if you are evil and want to do the lightstone quests? Is this a bug? as someone posted in the bug section about it?

If so, this is a new development since I was able to do the quests when my DE mage was young.

jadier
04-26-2021, 03:39 PM

I did the lightstones to the SRo DEs on my Iksar necro on Green using wolf form, and on my human monk using Sneak.

So not "beyond all repair", but if dark elves start dubious, it's at least a hassle. Are you sure you haven't tanked your Dark Bargainers faction in some way? That's what they're on.

Mooshu3100
04-26-2021, 04:07 PM
uhh, Gypsies should sell to anyone.

i doubt there is anything good for plat converting with the centaurs. even if there is something like a treant staff prolly only be one, and then as soon as you bought/resold it would end up hidden behind all the other junk., that's assuming someone would even sell one of those in the first place, which i kinda doubt.

Oh I meant the Great staffs.. common drop from treants themselves so people usually sell them to the centaurs.. like 18pp or something and a much closer run than gypsies!

drackgon
04-26-2021, 04:37 PM
Like i said. During Kunark lunch, They changed Gypises faction to actually having rep. Even those whom never killed them now start as dubious if your like orge/troll/DE/Iksar(?). Its a p99 only change. I don't believe they ever said why. It was really funny bc day 1 of kunark all 200 of us in NK at gypsies spamming vendor for druid port instantly got told to Screw off by said vendor. So On Vine, early green used the gypsies in NK/Lavastorm, Oasis all the time. Now can't. Its silly. I am assuming need to do Lightstone quest in wolf form to fix rep.

Cen
04-26-2021, 06:23 PM
Centaurs, fletching kit isn't bad conversion

loramin
04-26-2021, 06:45 PM
even if there is something like a treant staff prolly only be one, and then as soon as you bought/resold it would end up hidden behind all the other junk

Just a reminder that this is unclassic behavior (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293970). On live if you sold something back to a merchant, and they had an open slot (eg. because you just bought all of the item in that slot) the item you sold would fill that slot, and then be available to purchase again.

C'mon Nilbog: keep it classic!

NPC
04-26-2021, 08:00 PM
Where would the closest place be for me to exchange my gold when farming treants as a iksar?

FYI- The closest place is going to be High Hold Keep, you can bank even if you are KOS, which not classic. There is also a neutral vendor on the ground floor. You will have keep invisibility up an you can sell no prob, the banker has 2-3 pathing guards (25-30th level) you will most likely have to kill. I busted my but to get my dark elf wizard faction up so I could use the bank there on live.

starkind
04-27-2021, 05:16 PM
Runnyeye goblin bank and merchants are a bit closer to hhk than treants and u can easily raise faction on minos and muddites in xorb.

loramin
04-27-2021, 05:28 PM
Runnyeye goblin bank and merchants are a bit closer to hhk than treants and u can easily raise faction on minos and muddites in xorb.

I wouldn't say easily (my Iksar Necro started there when the mobs were blue, and got to the point where the mobs were green ... and he still had to kill awhile more to get non-KOS faction) ... but it's definitely doable. Plus, if you're the right level, it's not a bad place to XP.