Ooc is cringe but also good.

Blue/green:
Pugs are Ez
Items overflowith in EC
You get to participate in "raid rnf" and stalk ppl online
Poopsocking exp for 28 hrs a day is cool and normal

myrddraal
03-23-2021, 06:24 AM
Pros- nobody is around to mess with your camp usually. If someone has a camp you want you can kill them!

Cons- someone can kill you afk between spawns and take your camp. Not many people to play with making some camps impossible, not a lot of easy gear that’s available on blue, I’m assuming very limited raid content since I have seen nothing in ntov has died since dragons rooted basically.

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 08:30 AM
good troll

Bardp1999
03-23-2021, 09:42 AM
RmT is against the rules - so is elf trafficking - ban OP

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 10:11 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rFtfbTL.jpg

Nirgon
03-23-2021, 10:36 AM
Champion of the frozen wastes

Kohedron
03-23-2021, 04:25 PM
The benefits of red:

You don't need to write a 40 page document on why you deserve pixels. You just go fight the 1 other person on the server and get them yourself.

Baler
03-23-2021, 04:34 PM
Higher population on Green
Everything P99 will ever offer on Blue

Jibartik
03-23-2021, 05:28 PM
"its everquest and its first 2 expansions and nothing else."

Endorra
03-23-2021, 07:32 PM
It's like blue except the autists camp you instead of high-end targets.

Baler
03-23-2021, 08:21 PM
You'll get ganked & laughed at.
Then invited to their exp group.

Samoht
03-24-2021, 11:00 AM
Red:
Exp is quick.
Camps are open.
Play at your own pace.

Camps are open because server is dead except for a small handful of people who cannot let go.

Those people will not allow you to play at your own pace. You will be forced to find places they cannot reach in order to obtain experience. Even then, they will still find ways to cheat to locate you and zerg you with a group of 6 fully raid buffed.

OOC is very cringe. The last thing I want on my screen is server wide messages from sociopaths.

Red is dead.

bomaroast
03-24-2021, 11:09 AM
Higher population if you want to go to unrest, cazic thule or the hole.

magnetaress
03-24-2021, 12:49 PM
Camps are open because server is dead except for a small handful of people who cannot let go.

Those people will not allow you to play at your own pace. You will be forced to find places they cannot reach in order to obtain experience. Even then, they will still find ways to cheat to locate you and zerg you with a group of 6 fully raid buffed.

OOC is very cringe. The last thing I want on my screen is server wide messages from sociopaths.

Red is dead.
All pvp while leveling this year was 1v1. 3 of them weren't even twinked. One was a draw because they ran and neither of us had jboots.

I grouped with more people than I fought.

Jimjam
03-24-2021, 01:47 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3278331#post3278331

No buyers yet, but I'm trying(!)

Gustoo
03-24-2021, 03:00 PM
You can get items you want. There are no permapoopsockpharmers really anywhere

So you can actually play the game, more closely related to classic versus blue or green permacamped every single pharm permacamped for obvious RMT activities or just in game psychosis collecting more pixels. I expect RMT.

Overall its a better format for enjoyable game and items actually make a difference if you run into PVP. on PVE you might as well be a naked caster 100% of the time because killing mobs is easy.

Potions and clickies and stuff all actually matter on red. Basically half the game doesn't matter on blue / pve servers and on red you get the whole game.

Missing population though.

fuckshit22
03-24-2021, 04:19 PM
Camps are open

You will be forced to find places they cannot reach in order to obtain experience. Even then, they will still find ways to cheat to locate you and zerg you with a group of 6 fully raid buffed.

Very rare for this to happen. You probably talk way too much in ooc and got their attention. Shouldn't do that.

magnetaress
03-24-2021, 07:33 PM
Ya. Talking shit on red is fun tho.

RecondoJoe
03-25-2021, 02:43 AM
Red:
Exp is quick.
Camps are open.
Play at your own pace.

Blue/green:
Pugs are Ez
Items overflowith in EC
You get to participate in "raid rnf" and stalk ppl online
Poopsocking exp for 28 hrs a day is cool and normal
Pugs on Blue aren't that Ez. You almost gotta' play a solo class.

RecondoJoe
03-25-2021, 02:49 AM

Red is dead.

I imagine trying to play on Red as being similar to trying to join a Rust server, but even worse. The PVP on EQ was never very good, and this is coming from a dude who played on Sullon Zek for over a year way back when.

I play the hell outta' some PVP on WoW, but I actually hope Pantheon isn't PVP focused at all because it ruins game balance and is the main reason I think EQ was so good and that he classes were so polarizing.

radda
03-25-2021, 04:42 AM
i think i might pick red back up

raski
03-25-2021, 06:47 AM
Pros- nobody is around to mess with your camp usually. If someone has a camp you want you can kill them!

Cons- someone can kill you afk between spawns and take your camp. Not many people to play with making some camps impossible, not a lot of easy gear that’s available on blue, I’m assuming very limited raid content since I have seen nothing in ntov has died since dragons rooted basically.

they still kill 5 or 6 Ntov dragons and every other dragon outside of TOV sans sontalak.R99 has 2 tops raiding guilds and a handfull of smaller leveling guilds that make it very easy to find groups get loot and level up. I came over from blue about 3 years ago and will not likely ever play there again.

Samoht
03-25-2021, 11:33 PM
they still kill 5 or 6 Ntov dragons and every other dragon outside of TOV sans sontalak.R99 has 2 tops raiding guilds and a handfull of smaller leveling guilds that make it very easy to find groups get loot and level up. I came over from blue about 3 years ago and will not likely ever play there again.

Really? I never saw them kill anything harder than VS when I played on red. Not enough people and 1 determined person from the other side was all it took to completely fuck up your raid because they would continuously suicide their multiple alts enough to disrupt your entire raid.

Tentarro
03-26-2021, 12:15 AM
You can talk to 3 other people who might get on their mains and kill you

Swish
03-26-2021, 02:48 AM
i think i might pick red back up

https://i.imgur.com/lrIl6w3.png

karadin
03-26-2021, 11:39 AM
You can get items you want.

There might be some serious exceptions to this on the high end. Genuinely curious, when was the last time Vulak or AoW died on red?

magnetaress
03-26-2021, 12:44 PM
There might be some serious exceptions to this on the high end. Genuinely curious, when was the last time Vulak or AoW died on red?

Is Vulak or AoW loot necessary for anything important I should know about other than +15 more stats? Or prestige?

Confit
03-26-2021, 03:41 PM
Is Vulak or AoW loot necessary for anything important I should know about other than +15 more stats? Or prestige?

AoW definitely not. Abashi from Vulak though is hella OP in PvP on both monk and necro though.

magnetaress
03-26-2021, 04:22 PM
AoW definitely not. Abashi from Vulak though is hella OP in PvP on both monk and necro though.

How many Abashis actively log in to red? Like one maybe camped out somewhere?

Seems like a good deal for a buncha newbies. Until I guess very endgame.

Ty for the legit pointer.

Snortles Chortles
03-26-2021, 05:12 PM
you're a sicko and/or degenerate if you log into a 40 population PvP server in 2021

Uuruk
03-27-2021, 12:16 AM

Don’t forget Tunare has never been killed and what dragons in ntov are being killed lol

DMN
03-27-2021, 01:03 AM
95% chance to cure your EQ addiction. Sold?

magnetaress
03-27-2021, 09:40 AM
It was in the 70s at prime time when I was logging in.

Cassawary
03-28-2021, 02:53 PM
Shinko shares plummeting

Imago
03-28-2021, 04:05 PM
Genuinely curious, when was the last time Vulak or AoW died on red?

Tunare has never died.
AoW was killed once or twice, gnome maskbearer still logs on. Monk legs do not.
Most of NToV hasn't died since they were rooted. Eashan/Iki are the exceptions. Dozekar/HoT still viable.
Klandicar is the big ticket open world mob right now, lots of PVP in WW over it. Other dragons are slain by small parties.

Leveling to 60 and getting a little gear is not hard, but there is clearly a Hatfield & McCoy vibe to the server. Which can be super fun, or super toxic, depending on how you like to play.

Arvan
03-28-2021, 06:20 PM
vulak has been up on red since rooted dragons hope this helps