PDA

View Full Version : Favorite off the beaten path 45-50 group spots?

ninjapotamus
03-19-2021, 11:20 PM
Looking to not do the normal leveling path. Just got done with my friends in kaesora/droga... had a blast with those dungeons and never did them before. What places would you go to in this level range with a group to get decent xp, but not be on the main "xp super highway"?

Baler
03-19-2021, 11:22 PM
EJ along the path

https://i.imgur.com/sV5AYiL.png

Tigris67
03-23-2021, 02:40 PM
OP asks for someplace off the beaten path. Gets a suggestion that's literally along a path lol.

Jimjam
03-23-2021, 02:54 PM
OP asks for someplace off the beaten path. Gets a suggestion that's literally along a path lol.

I think you'll find this path is undefeated.

Evia
03-23-2021, 03:04 PM
I think my shaman is doing birds?or raptors? in timorous deep @49. It’s pretty relaxing and usually open. I haven’t logged in in like 8 months tho so it could have changed.

loramin
03-23-2021, 03:05 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_45-49

The Per-Level guide is more geared towards soloers and duos/trios, but plenty of the spots on it could also support a full group.

Just looking at the level range you want, for instance, I see several undead spots in Trak's Teeth and City of Mist that should support a full group (although CoM isn't exactly "off the beaten path").

Likewise Kedge and Lower Guk could work, but may or may not qualify as "off the beaten path". Guards might work: I'm not sure if Freeport/Felwithe/Kaladim/Rivervale have enough for a full group ... but everyone in your group would have to be evil. If they aren't you could do Grobb, but usually two people can hold down the whole zone solo so probably not enough there for a group (maybe at 45?).

And then you have some other random outdoor zones like Wakening Lands, Ocean of Tears (Seafuries), Great Divide (Shardwurms), and ... if your group isn't on Dragon faction ... Cobalt Scar.

loramin
03-23-2021, 03:06 PM
I think my shaman is doing raptors in timorous deep @49. It’s pretty relaxing and usually open.

But are there enough to support a full group? I'm not sure (especially since they are often camped by quadders, so it's unlikely you'll find all of them open).

But that did remind me of another spot in that same zone: Spiroc island. Again, on the high end of the level range there might not be enough to sustain a whole group, but at 45 I'd imagine there's enough bird men to keep a group busy.

loramin
03-23-2021, 03:11 PM
One other thought: you can look at https://wiki.project1999.com/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List and look for zones in your level range. Doing that reminded me of Kithicor Forest (at night), and Skyfire, plus a couple great dungeons: Charasis/Howling Stones and Tower of Frozen Shadow.

drackgon
03-23-2021, 03:16 PM
Kitchcor forest at night is super fun, Only issue is during day time ur sort of stuck. Bright side of this zone is can get tons of Sharlok packs and a decent wisdom mace for most peeps.
Kedge Keep, always only a handful or no one in this zone. Yes you need EB but seriously at yalls level range can go from 44-55 with ez. Plus if you learn zone and where rare spawns some solid loot choices for all classes. A solid fun dungeon crawl just warning Mermaids are not a push over. Their DS hurts for melee.
Lguk, pretty much dead zone atm(on both sides), No one levels here on green. So really fun to dungeon crawl and not have 2 hold a camp, Just get together and start clearing its super fun.

Toxigen
03-23-2021, 03:33 PM
Kedge

XP mod is insane, just bring your EB item / DMF / Water Ele Illusions.

Once you get used to being underwater its not that bad.

matticas
03-23-2021, 05:19 PM
Kedge, Perma, Chardok - all great spots far from crowds.
Lots of city guards are great at that level as well.
City of Mist is pretty empty most days.
Seafuries in OOT seem to be up a lot.

TripSin
03-23-2021, 05:50 PM
Kedge, Perma, Chardok - all great spots far from crowds.
Lots of city guards are great at that level as well.
City of Mist is pretty empty most days.
Seafuries in OOT seem to be up a lot.

Kedge can be a real shitshow and is imho a really poorly done zone. Also, constantly hearing that swimming sound effect drives me crazy. City of Mist is very zzz in terms of loot without great xp I feel like. City guards and Seafuries are generally highly overcamped. And with seafuries you have to deal with quadders taking 4 at a time holding up respawns.

cd288
03-23-2021, 05:50 PM
But are there enough to support a full group? I'm not sure (especially since they are often camped by quadders, so it's unlikely you'll find all of them open).

But that did remind me of another spot in that same zone: Spiroc island. Again, on the high end of the level range there might not be enough to sustain a whole group, but at 45 I'd imagine there's enough bird men to keep a group busy.

If there isn’t more than one quaffed the aviaks in TD could definitely support a full group. And at any rate, if you show up with a full group you’re going to be chain killing spawns and the quadders will probably get sick of fighting for spawns with you and either log or go somewhere else.

matticas
03-23-2021, 06:16 PM
Kedge can be a real shitshow and is imho a really poorly done zone. Also, constantly hearing that swimming sound effect drives me crazy. City of Mist is very zzz in terms of loot without great xp I feel like. City guards and Seafuries are generally highly overcamped. And with seafuries you have to deal with quadders taking 4 at a time holding up respawns.

Kedge takes more balls than most players seem to have. No surprise on the push-back. Definitely not for casuals who prefer to relax and enjoy some nostalgia.

I agree about CoM being boring, but OP seemed to want less crowded spots. I find city guards open ALL the time even at peak server hours and Seafuries has been open seven out of the eight times I was out there in the past couple weeks. /shrug

TripSin
03-23-2021, 06:29 PM
Kedge takes more balls than most players seem to have. No surprise on the push-back. Definitely not for casuals who prefer to relax and enjoy some nostalgia.

I agree about CoM being boring, but OP seemed to want less crowded spots. I find city guards open ALL the time even at peak server hours and Seafuries has been open seven out of the eight times I was out there in the past couple weeks. /shrug

I was trying to solo at Kedge at 48 or 49. Movement in water in this game is garbage. Maybe if you're playing an easy class that doesn't need mobility to fight and survive it's not a big deal. The social aggro in this game is especially garbage when mobs are being stacked along the Z axis. Putting that many fish that all social aggro in the very first room is stupid. It was not at all worth the effort.

Grobb guards are almost always camped. Oggok guards usually, too. Seafury contention can not be too bad at times, but quadders or one level 60 seal team member hogging them all can easily make it not worth being there. To claim that any of these are off the beaten path is silly as guards and seafuries are popular.

Keebz
03-24-2021, 04:39 AM
I like the EJ, CoM and Guk ideas. Kedge could theoretically be good, esp. if you're caster heavy, but I kinda hate it.

At the lower to mid 40's you might be able to kill some stuff in Frontier Mountains. Since you've been indoors, I might suggest checking out there and EJ. CoM is right there as another option.

If you wanted to switch to the old world, Guk would be cool too, esp. if you haven't done it before/recently. It's still _the_ quintessential EverQuest dungeon in my mind. There's still some decent loot there as well.

Toxigen
03-24-2021, 10:58 AM
I trio'd kedge war / monk / shaman and it was amazing. We stayed there until it greened out and had fun helping some druids get their epic piece from the rare spawn.

Mileage may vary, I guess. FWIW we were twinked to hell w/ 3x fungis and all the other fun stuff.

TripSin
03-24-2021, 11:58 AM
My issue was probably trying to solo Kedge at too low of a level. Even just a duo partner could've made it more manageable. Still think that water maneuvering in EQ is awful and so is z axis pathing and aggro, though.

loramin
03-24-2021, 12:06 PM
For those afraid of Kedge, I just want to say that while of course there are some significant differences playing underwater, it's really just another style you have to learn.

I can only speak for casters personally, but as a caster there's one key rule to learn: never leave corners. As long as you stay in corners, you can get hit without being moved/interrupted, and that makes a huge difference.

I'm sure other classes have to learn their own "fun tricks", but it definitely can be done. Once you learn those underwater fighting skills, they might even be handy in other places occasionally (eg. parts of Siren's Grotto).

If nothing else it's a fun new challenge ... but of course if you just want to turn your brain off, somewhere like CoM will be better.

Snortles Chortles
03-24-2021, 12:34 PM
some things are just broken