PDA

View Full Version : Runnyeye and Soluseks Eye.

magnetaress
03-17-2021, 08:38 AM
Are obviously the only dungeons that are fun and matter. Don't even need a silly poll to find out.

Tbh once you collect all the loot from both those dungeons you've beat the game and spend the rest of your days in High keep slaying guards and using Runnyeye for your home city.

Pretty simple, and fun. Dragons are our friends.

RecondoJoe
03-19-2021, 08:45 PM
It's like they intentionally designed a low level dungeon that couldn't be completed by low level players by sticking a high level roaming evil eye in the zone. IDK if this was on purpose or..

Baler
03-19-2021, 08:51 PM
Runnyeye is one of the best powerleveling zones early levels in the game. the zem is absolutely bonkers now, you can get people leveled insanely fast there.

magnetaress
03-19-2021, 09:00 PM
It's like they intentionally designed a low level dungeon that couldn't be completed by low level players by sticking a high level roaming evil eye in the zone. IDK if this was on purpose or..

I always snuck around him. I thought he was static though, and not always up?

Gynock moltor now yeesh.

Runnyeye is one of the best powerleveling zones early levels in the game. the zem is absolutely bonkers now, you can get people leveled insanely fast there.

I leveled a warrior and pally there, the BAS so rad in classic.

I don't remember how absolutely correct this is. But I remember pulling non named gobs one or two at a time in my 30s or something on a melee. It's just a vague memory, sneaking around that loop down near the bar.

RecondoJoe
03-21-2021, 04:48 PM
I always snuck around him. I thought he was static though, and not always up?

Gynock moltor now yeesh.

Maybe I had really bad luck, but he actually chased my level 50 Cleric out of the zone because it felt like as soon as I killed him he would re-spawn and I eventually wouldn't have enough mana left to deal with him.

Jimjam
03-21-2021, 05:03 PM
I reckon this is an example of conflict in the system.

One (team of) dev(s) designed / populated a zone, then someone else designed a quest or storyline and threw in a new npc into the zone that completely threw off everything else.

Either that or galaxy brain game design where gossip would get out from struggling newbs, which would eventually feed back to higher levels who would swoop in and heroically ‘save the day’ (and make off with the booty).

magnetaress
03-21-2021, 05:52 PM
P99 probably did it wrong and he's supposed to agro only ppl who sit nexto him.

Or he's not on proper faction and should be dubious. I never had issues with the EEs inside RE on live either.

magnetaress
03-21-2021, 05:53 PM

Or he's not on proper faction and should be dubious. I never had issues with the EEs inside RE on live either. That I recall.

RecondoJoe
03-21-2021, 06:03 PM

Or he's not on proper faction and should be dubious. I never had issues with the EEs inside RE on live either.

Now that you mention it, I spent a couple of weeks in there on my monk 20 years ago, and I don't think I ever had an encounter with the EE. On p99 he's like all over the place 24/7, it feels like no where you go is actually safe, lol.