PDA

View Full Version : a DN adventure !

zagio
02-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Entering the necropolis you seen nothing around you except corpses...
Then you find a journal on the ground, it seems quite recent :

https://imgur.com/a/lkYozLW

enjoy ! :)

PerroDeAqua
02-16-2021, 04:46 PM
Good times!

Itemhawk
02-16-2021, 04:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ZruyvhR.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/oPUOm72.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/3QOn4eJ.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ruGTCv9.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ctSQBn8.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/nrPsaKs.jpeg

Itemhawk
02-16-2021, 04:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XbuIt5H.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/MzX8UIs.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/sQkamyr.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/g8Wmnwo.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ok96Rai.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/XY7XeQ1.jpeg

If you're not part of the raid scene you can be trained at will, no consequences :o

zagio
02-16-2021, 04:54 PM
yes so at least we got a good laugh out of it !:)

xdrcfrx
02-16-2021, 05:01 PM
solid name and shame, with pictures, and presented in amusing loose RP format?

10/10 RNF here.

Swish
02-16-2021, 05:20 PM
I thought training people was frowned upon.

Tankwipe
02-16-2021, 05:21 PM
solid name and shame, with pictures, and presented in amusing loose RP format?

10/10 RNF here.

Fammaden
02-16-2021, 05:27 PM
They were just following orders.

2eazy4
02-16-2021, 05:31 PM
2 hours into earthquake and ya couldnt kill vaniki..feels bad man

remen
02-16-2021, 05:43 PM
You took a bunch of screenshots of your group fighting some rats and then later a construct? I don't get it.

The main takeaway is that you made fun of the IQ of others in the exact same sentence that you misspelled "companion" as "compagnon".

Cassawary
02-16-2021, 05:45 PM
You took a bunch of screenshots of your group fighting some rats and then later a construct? I don't get it.

The main takeaway is that you made fun of the IQ of others in the exact same sentence that you misspelled "companion" as "compagnon".

Clearly a frenchie settle down beavis

remen
02-16-2021, 05:48 PM
Let's see a video you suck at screenshots, even though you "tryed"

Senn
02-16-2021, 05:54 PM
Shame you didn't move when someone in your discord said you should.

Also, as someone else said in your discord "yeah, it's not like they knew we were here" and "surprised this didn't happen earlier to be honest".

Then, you just stood there for minute after minute watching invis people run by you. 15 minutes later, you caught a construct. Fifteen minutes, let that sink in for a moment.

Swish
02-16-2021, 06:04 PM
Shame you didn't move when someone in your discord said you should.

Also, as someone else said in your discord "yeah, it's not like they knew we were here" and "surprised this didn't happen earlier to be honest".

Then, you just stood there for minute after minute watching invis people run by you. 15 minutes later, you caught a construct. Fifteen minutes, let that sink in for a moment.

Spin to win but its still a train. There was no apology, and it was more than one. Nobody from Freedom or AG said anything in shout/ooc about being careful over traps because there were people near Vilefang.

What's important to note here is its some casual people from a bunch of different guilds doing their thing. So there's no raid rule backlash or ban potential and it's therefore acceptable.

Danth
02-16-2021, 06:26 PM
I expected this thread--in RnF--would be about the Bards who so frequently make the upper level of Necropolis virtually un-usable.

I could not tell, but how many ratmen and constructs were ultimately you trained with in total? Individually most of that stuff, certainly constructs, are little threat, but they add up fast and it doesn't take many to cause problems.

Danth

Boptop
02-16-2021, 06:58 PM
First degree elfslaughter.

indiscriminate_hater
02-16-2021, 07:09 PM
I was standing in the middle of the street for 15 mins but the car that hit me is at fault. I have pedestrian right of way!

Boptop
02-16-2021, 07:14 PM
That is how it would work.. also reckless driving charge ^-^

zagio
02-16-2021, 07:39 PM
hey, Remen !
You're totally right !
for "tryed" ive got no fkin excuses! i knew that one ! i went full retard for a sec there !

But ! .... ive got some good news for you !
here :

https://imgur.com/a/JBeclHD

all corrected ! well for "compagnon" i didn't double check so if it's still wrong that's on you ! :)
and bonus : totaly > totally

so we're at 2:1 grats !

and "You took a bunch of screenshots of your group fighting some rats and then later a construct? I don't get it."
hehe thanks but im too lazy for that i didn't even bother to take screenshots! :cool:

hey, Danth is that you we saw when we zoned in ? dude, i'm always impressed by the bards stuff never played one of thoses.
Well you expected this thread in RnF but did you expect it to be that good ? :rolleyes:
For the mobs i didn't count i pretty much followed the story and picked screens where i could make some jokes about.
And yeah we died way much more on our own than on the trains.

hey, 2eazy4 ! yeah we WISH we could even try vaniki but we couldnt even approach it ! ;)

mattydef
02-16-2021, 07:57 PM
What are the raid rules these days? Guilds still getting suspended for training people?

druidbob
02-16-2021, 08:00 PM
I was standing in the middle of the street for 15 mins but the car that hit me is at fault. I have pedestrian right of way!

Pretty sure that if someone stands in the road for 15 minutes and you run them over, you still go to jail.

Brocode
02-16-2021, 08:50 PM
calling out guild names for single player actions, if you felt trained can always activate PNP on each individual, claiming to be the victim sitting on a non safe spot sounds like victmism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg8L9nP_r0g

Swish
02-16-2021, 09:05 PM
Better not to stand on the traps or deal with them/die if you do and get dragged than to train other groups though isn't it?

Am I wrong?

Tankwipe
02-16-2021, 09:41 PM
imagine people being able to say "sorry my bad"

Fammaden
02-16-2021, 09:43 PM
Better not to stand on the traps or deal with them/die if you do and get dragged than to train other groups though isn't it?

Am I wrong?

Guilds that kill zlandi send fd classes down to trigger traps so that the rest of the raid can run down invis without traps being activated.

Ravager
02-16-2021, 09:43 PM
This would absolutely happen on Red.

Samoht
02-17-2021, 01:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/KrUaR0h.jpeg

I love this logo. Can I use this?

Daldolma
02-17-2021, 01:22 AM
op caught in the crossfire as the cheeto powdered fingers of 100 virgins descended on a 20 year old cartoon dragon. like a running of diabetic bulls, the slow are at times trampled. good night sweet prince

ilx373
02-17-2021, 01:49 AM
https://i.imgur.com/KrUaR0h.jpeg

I love this logo. Can I use this?

Condom commercial written all over it.

the_coyote
02-17-2021, 04:40 AM
> Be me and my casual Bros just Chilling in DN killing rats.
> Earthquake hits
> Who_cares.jpg
> 10 min later a horde of mountain dew fuelled jackasses zone in
> Trains our group with a bazzilion mobs
> Post in RNF
> Somehow it suddently ok to train ppl now

Maybe next time send a tell to that group xping down here that you are training stuff for Vaniki / Zland. You know something like "hey buddy we are going to do some pulls , and gonna train mobs in tunel you should get out of the way / stay invis / evac out ." You know ....basic human interaction.

Itemhawk
02-17-2021, 04:55 AM
Maybe next time send a tell to that group xping down here that you are training stuff for Vaniki / Zland. You know something like "hey buddy we are going to do some pulls , and gonna train mobs in tunel you should get out of the way / stay invis / evac out ." You know ....basic human interaction.

Come on now. Communication only happens from the over-immersed if there's something to be gained by it.

These casual scrubs weren't even on their radar. Ran those trains through them like they were nothing and didn't matter.

Where's Detoxx and the warm bodies to say sorry? It's not happening because they don't care.

arkenos
02-17-2021, 05:40 AM
Can't wait for episode 2 !

Furorr
02-17-2021, 06:03 AM
[Sat Oct 31 16:09:26 2020] [60 Phantasmist] Zagio (Gnome) <Dawn Believers>
[Mon Feb 15 20:04:06 2021] [60 Phantasmist] Zagio (Gnome) <Les Irreductibles>

[Mon Feb 15 20:10:00 2021] Zagio says out of character, 'good job on the train'
[Mon Feb 15 20:11:01 2021] You told zagio, 'did you guys die'
[Mon Feb 15 20:11:11 2021] Zagio tells you, 'our wizard died yes'
[Mon Feb 15 20:11:16 2021] You told Zagio, 'need a rez?'
[Mon Feb 15 20:11:27 2021] Zagio tells you, 'va niquer ta mere'
[Mon Feb 15 20:23:55 2021] You told Zagio, 'okay, I don't know what happened. Good luck'

Each of those players in your screen shots walked past you, invisible, and engaged Vaniki on his spawn. Rats do not see invis, so I don't think it was on any of them. Sorry your wiz died.

Fwiw, I offered to send a cleric over to rez your wiz when I saw your ooc and you told me to 'va niquer ta mere.' That was not very nice, and then to make an RnF saying we're dicks because we didn't apologize for your wizard dying is not exactly truthful either.

Ravager
02-17-2021, 07:05 AM
The plot curdles!

zagio
02-17-2021, 07:30 AM
Hi, Furror

Yes, you indeed offered to rez the cleric, we had him rezzed already at this point.
I was more expecting for you guys to take care of thoses mobs chasing you rather than drop em on us.

For the insult i was totally wrong for sure and if you're willing to accept it, you have my sincere apologies, as i dont even know you and therfor had no reasons to be so rude.

I dont know shit about DN, what sees invis and whatnot, for this part your guys definitly know way more than me, what i saw tho is : it just didn't work ! we kept getting mobs brought to us.

No biggie really, as i said earlier we lived.
Then the RnF well, it's just RnF. Many guilds have been the main one on this server with always the same reputation.
My post here is just joking about that.

I'm pretty sure there are more efficient ways to manage you guys getting in positions for raids than running around like headless chickens with invisi or whatnot.

But hey, when ive got mobs on my ass and at some point they're gone, well i wonder where did they go, and maybe check.
Here you guys only noticed us when we did mention the trains in ooc.

Someone in this post mentioned what happen if you hit someone with your car by accident, well here's my though :
IF you hit someone with your car AND you dont stop to check if they're ok THEN you're an asshole.

So yeah thoses ppl i mentioned in my joke storythingy acted like assholes, but it's fine many ppl live like that happily all their life !

Man i don't even know if it would be possible for you guys as lead to manage such a mass of people obessed with dragon's pixels.

So concerning my post well anyone can enjoy the RnF and laugh or take it too seriously.
And for the trains during raids and shit well you guys do you, i've got nothing to ask you for, but then your whole guildtag get that reputation and then stupid assholes like me may or may not get pissed at you guys and joke about it at some point.

so "sans rancune" and good luck on your adventures!

@remen Hey, i didnt double check all the spelling on this one dude, i'm couting on you ! ;)

Fammaden
02-17-2021, 08:05 AM
FWIW many raid players run with /show 1 or /show off, so its entirely possible to run past some dudes standing around with no idea that they aren't with your raid. There's a lot of heat of the moment and these dudes are used to a high stress fight/flight environment in this raid meta when there's a target at stake.

Not to make excuses per se, but I think you're seen as collateral damage and there's likely no one person or minority of actors who would be intentionally trying to grief you. But of course treating you as if you don't exist is a "dickhead" move as well, but to them its sort of a business-as-usual situation where you're caught in the crossfire.

So while its rude and could have been handled better, its not so much malicious as it is simply thoughtless. Much of how big of a deal you see it will depend on your personal perspective. I think in retrospect if you had a warrior there the best play would be to tell you you could roll against the raid for the Willsapper loot rights, but there was probably too much going on with a pending Zlandi engage for anyone to even consider trying to offer you reparations.

Nexii
02-17-2021, 08:28 AM
Been happening in Velk's and Karnor's, was only a matter of time. And Kael and ToV entrance for HoT minis. Basically if it's not a raid mob there's no care.

GMs need to start giving out long PnP bans for training. Or better severe guild punishments, I think only that will stop such careless behavior.

knucklehairs
02-17-2021, 09:25 AM
I don't have a lvl 60 so maybe I shouldn't comment but if im grouping in a hall way that leads to a raid target and a quake happens and it says get to a safe place I would just leave
I know I can go do something else and let the raiders have some fun with the quake that rarely happens

HalflingSpergand
02-17-2021, 09:33 AM
This makes me want to be unemployed

Grumph
02-17-2021, 09:45 AM
Well done!

remen
02-17-2021, 02:41 PM
This was a few hours after the quake iirc. Also, are you guys sure it was mobs trained on you and not just the many rats that path all over the tunnel down there? That is what's hard to tell from the pictures.

xdrcfrx
02-17-2021, 03:14 PM
total coincidence that a bunch of rats trained the group at just the same time as FRAG running through. Probably unrelated, for sure.

/eyeroll.

Confit
02-17-2021, 03:51 PM
total coincidence that a bunch of rats trained the group at just the same time as FRAG running through. Probably unrelated, for sure.

/eyeroll.

Have you ever been to DN? That tunnel that they're standing in, without invis, has probably 15-20 pathers.

Every FRAG that ran by was invis... in a tunnel of mobs that don't see invis.

Explain that one to me, Sherlock.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 03:58 PM
Someone didn't notice it wore off or an undead like the construct saw through it? Neither is a big leap outside the realm of possibility.

xdrcfrx
02-17-2021, 04:04 PM
Have you ever been to DN? That tunnel that they're standing in, without invis, has probably 15-20 pathers.

Every FRAG that ran by was invis... in a tunnel of mobs that don't see invis.

Explain that one to me, Sherlock.

definitely more likely that the single group of people lost track of their invis status (query: why would they be invis if they were clearing mobs? answer that sherlok lol) than one or more members of the very large zerg that swarmed over them. Of course.

Man, you guys just can't say the words "our bad," huh? Which will be your next Seymour Skinner-esque explanation for what happened? "Its not our fault, they probably trained themselves," is getting a little stale.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 04:07 PM
When you look at that Willsapper, whoever won it, know that it has the blood of European gnomes all over it.

zati
02-17-2021, 04:12 PM
This was a few hours after the quake iirc. Also, are you guys sure it was mobs trained on you and not just the many rats that path all over the tunnel down there? That is what's hard to tell from the pictures.

DN has traps and lots of pathers. Their raid was already inside the area before the quake... is my understanding. So as a raid they probably trip'd the traps, cleared pathers NP. A quake or 30-1hr would have resetted the traps.

Taking a guess here.. Invis doesn't work versus constructs/swarming beetle traps. So I imagine a few AG or Freedom ran down and gained aggro with social aggro on rats(?). If they were engaged on a mob it is likely a rat being trained around would have hit a player sitting(probably the wizard). Or low HP aggro from Canni (Shaman) ..

Droxx
02-17-2021, 04:15 PM
Imagine running all the way down the tunnels and training this group when you can just CoTH to zlandi and invis past him the 3 feet to where this Vaniki spawned.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 04:16 PM
I think it's a lot more likely that raid members, who tend to not generally give a shit - let's be real, picked up agro.

Confit
02-17-2021, 04:21 PM
definitely more likely that the single group of people lost track of their invis status (query: why would they be invis if they were clearing mobs? answer that sherlok lol) than one or more members of the very large zerg that swarmed over them. Of course.

Man, you guys just can't say the words "our bad," huh? Which will be your next Seymour Skinner-esque explanation for what happened? "Its not our fault, they probably trained themselves," is getting a little stale.

No one is expecting a group that is clearing to have invis on but it's relevant in screenshots that supposedly show my invis'd guildmates training mobs that don't see invis.

I am sorry that you cannot comprehend invis and why it would matter in this situation.

xdrcfrx
02-17-2021, 04:26 PM
No one is expecting a group that is clearing to have invis on but it's relevant in screenshots that supposedly show my invis'd guildmates training mobs that don't see invis.

I am sorry that you cannot comprehend invis and why it would matter in this situation.

you: probably their own fault because they didn't keep track of their invis.

also you: who said anything about them being invis?

At least try to keep your excuses internally consistent within themselves.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 04:33 PM
The guild leader even offered res without a debate because he knows raiders don't give a shit about groups when pixels are on the line.

zati
02-17-2021, 04:34 PM

It's possible to run thru DN tunnels with SoW and Invis while activating construct / Beetles trap... without Invis breaking. Players sitting or medding or Low hp after a battle or whatever reasons will automatically gain social aggro and die. Because it isn't in the screenshots or is. or It's not on fraps or is.. Doesn't mean the game mechanics suddenly stop working.

Sorry you cannot comprehend simple eq mechanics work and why it would matter in this situation.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 04:36 PM
Confit you chose a weak issue to champion and should be ashamed. Best you just delete your internets now.

Confit
02-17-2021, 04:46 PM
you: probably their own fault because they didn't keep track of their invis.

also you: who said anything about them being invis?

At least try to keep your excuses internally consistent within themselves.

Ah, thanks for putting words in my mouth... you can have them back now. I never said it was or wasn't anyone's fault. I simply asked you questions in my original thread and you did not answer them.

Confit
02-17-2021, 04:50 PM
It's possible to run thru DN tunnels with SoW and Invis while activating construct / Beetles trap... without Invis breaking. Players sitting or medding or Low hp after a battle or whatever reasons will automatically gain social aggro and die. Because it isn't in the screenshots or is. or It's not on fraps or is.. Doesn't mean the game mechanics suddenly stop working.

Sorry you cannot comprehend simple eq mechanics work and why it would matter in this situation.

Thanks for your education, sir. Without you I would be blind in this 21 year old elf sim.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 04:51 PM
Your previous post shifted onus from the raid onto the group. Placing the responsibility for drawing agro on the group implies that fault for the death lies with them. It is the natural implication to draw from the logical structure that was presented.

Confit
02-17-2021, 04:54 PM
Your previous post shifted onus from the raid onto the group. Placing the responsibility for drawing agro on the group implies that fault for the death lies with them. It is the natural implication to draw from the logical structure that was presented.

I'm sorry but is anyone here talking to you? Go back to DN.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 04:54 PM
Go directly to jail and don't collect $200, memento mori.

zati
02-17-2021, 05:01 PM
Thanks for your education, sir. Without you I would be blind in this 21 year old elf sim.

NP Buddy. I'll be glad to share my knowledge so raiders don't end up training Exp groups in Velks/KC and raider's in DN.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 05:05 PM
Elf Court has spoken.

Waedawen
02-17-2021, 05:14 PM
yeah but why tho

indiscriminate_hater
02-17-2021, 06:13 PM
Pretty sure that if someone stands in the road for 15 minutes and you run them over, you still go to jail.

The point isn't that the driver goes to jail (and in a lot of cases, they won't), the point is the pedestrian is a dumbass and does not elicit sympathy

Boptop
02-17-2021, 06:23 PM
I get what you're saying. The issue is that the group has a right to their exp location and had may not have had an idea about what route the raid would take. I think this situation is more analogous to the car driving up on the sidewalk and hitting the pedestrian to shave a few minutes off the car ride home.

indiscriminate_hater
02-17-2021, 06:26 PM
If you see cars driving up on the sidewalk where you're standing for 15 mins straight, do you just stand there? After a certain point it really doesn't really matter if you have a right to be there

Tankwipe
02-17-2021, 06:33 PM
If you see cars driving up on the sidewalk where you're standing for 15 mins straight, do you just stand there? After a certain point it really doesn't really matter if you have a right to be there
i see piss and i move out the way

druidbob
02-17-2021, 06:34 PM
I am just imagining someone making that argument to a judge. "Yeah I ran them over, but they were standing there for a while." Case dismissed.

Boptop
02-17-2021, 06:35 PM
indiscriminate_hater is writing us from prison.

zagio
02-17-2021, 08:25 PM
hi, indiscriminate_hater, our second cleric living in texas had a power cut, we tryed (hey remen ! how ya doin' buddy ? :) ) to stay there as long as we could to get him out safe as we were not sure how going back down there without him would go.

have a nice day. :)

messiah_b
02-17-2021, 08:44 PM
"You didn't get trained...you failed to get out of the way of the kite"

indiscriminate_hater
02-18-2021, 01:00 AM
I am just imagining someone making that argument to a judge. "Yeah I ran them over, but they were standing there for a while." Case dismissed.

Weird I haven't seen a punishment come through yet for those guilds

Maschenny
02-18-2021, 01:58 AM
In summary, one person died and was offered CR if needed. Really nothing happened. The basis for this thread is non-existent.
I did think the delivery was really funny though and enjoyed it till everyone took it really seriously.

zagio
02-18-2021, 02:14 AM
Hey, Maschenny yeah pretty much lol, happy that you enjoyed the fun parts ! :)