PDA

View Full Version : Lake Rathe.

magnetaress
02-15-2021, 01:42 PM
Is the only zone that should have a positive exp modifier. Like 300%

Every other zone should get a 900% exp penalty.

Tankwipe
02-15-2021, 01:43 PM
let's all go get drunk at lake rathe. bully some aviaks

Ennewi
02-15-2021, 02:22 PM
*The Arena

Waedawen
02-16-2021, 10:06 AM
I like how you fucking morons cite "lake rathe" as esoteric zones one the same level of shit like dalnir or nurga

and yes PLEASE fucking respond to me about how 'popular' dalnir and fucking nurga are. please do.

Zoggren
02-16-2021, 10:50 AM
Dude is like

OuterChimp
02-16-2021, 10:53 AM
The Arena ZEM on Teal is 300%.

magnetaress
02-16-2021, 02:07 PM
When I die. Lake rathe will be in my mind. It's the final zone to both reality and unreality.

Naethyn
02-16-2021, 02:15 PM
One of my first eq memories is being a level 8 wizard and my level 19 druid running me to Lake Rathe. Before getting bound in arena I saw my friends killing an aviak and I decided to try out my new orange gem spell. And that Misty Tekchita for making me run all the way from Qeynos again. Many levels later I made it a point to go back and kill her.

Mblake81
02-16-2021, 02:44 PM
Lake rathe will be in my mind. It's the final zone to both reality and unreality.

https://i.imgur.com/Bj7Fdkw.jpg

Ennewi
02-16-2021, 02:55 PM
Not bad, but could use a blurry outline of Megalodon photoshopped in.

azeth
02-16-2021, 03:11 PM
Adjusted non-classic ZEMs to promote zone exploration and adventure-variety, ideally on a random rotating basis, would be the best thing that ever happened to a classic everquest server

Knuckle
02-16-2021, 03:55 PM
When I die. Lake rathe will be in my mind. It's the final zone to both reality and unreality.

Lake rathe stays pretty busy until Kunark, and then you got epic campers.

watbab
02-16-2021, 04:33 PM
lake rathe god a lot of good lore

Coridan
02-16-2021, 07:20 PM
Lake Rathe isn't very popular for grouping (nor is Dagnor's for that matter) but during classic era on Green got some decent use from solo'ers. Mistmoore and Guk got shafted pretty hard though from the ZEM changes.

What we'll really need is a big ZEM boost for Stonebrunt when that drops.

Uuruk
02-17-2021, 02:26 AM
maybe op will drown in lake rathe

magnetaress
03-30-2021, 08:55 PM
maybe op will drown in lake rathe

Didn't happen. Still think the honorable thing would be Sepeku, but Chaotic Neutral Evil coward who fails at everything in life including death.

RecondoJoe
04-10-2021, 06:06 PM
when i first played on green i still really believed there was a lake monster and was scared to swim there

20 years ago it was hard to separate fact from fiction and i always assumed it was real

Naethyn
04-10-2021, 06:38 PM
The real monster of the lake.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Royal_Fish

"You feel the Hatred of an entire Race upon your soul"

RecondoJoe
04-10-2021, 11:48 PM
The real monster of the lake.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Royal_Fish

"You feel the Hatred of an entire Race upon your soul"

Is this for real?? or meme

RecondoJoe
04-11-2021, 12:05 AM
Adjusted non-classic ZEMs to promote zone exploration and adventure-variety, ideally on a random rotating basis, would be the best thing that ever happened to a classic everquest server

Would be cool... I've played a lot of toons on Green, Blue and now Red... and it's so surreal to me how every single person levels in Unrest, Mistmoore, Cazic Thule and Sol B... like you would think people would change it up more?

I feel like people did change it up more back in the day? Like 20 years ago? Maybe I'm misremembering things, or maybe it was because most zones were so packed that players felt like they had to do different dungeons? But I don't remember Unrest in particular as being part of the meta and actually thought it was cool that I was the only kid on the school bus who knew anything about that place...

I remember the kids on my school bus actually taking me to Aviak village in South Karana... like this was a real camp, and we would sit in the tree house in the village and pull the birds and I remember thinking about how crazy and scary it was because those birds hit so hard, and I had no idea where I was, or how to escape or get back if I died...

Also remember Lake of Ill Omen being the actual Barrens Chat long before WoW even existed. Hundreds of people in the zone, with a large percentage of them piled into the Sarnak Fort fighting over pulls...

I don't feel like either of those places were ever really a thing on P99? Or maybe they were 10 years ago and I just missed it..

magnetaress
04-11-2021, 08:59 AM
It used to be ok to spend 5 days in a level. I used to never look at my expense guage. Sitting up top of aviak village killing those 3 spawns with two other people in rawhide n banded, and maybe one or two other mobs sometimes was exactly how I remember 99.

Cecily
04-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Lake Rathe, located South of South Katana, is a southern region of Antonica located further south than other esoteric regions. Notable exceptions include The Crypt of Dalnir and The Mines of Nurga.

RecondoJoe
04-11-2021, 01:09 PM
It used to be ok to spend 5 days in a level. I used to never look at my expense guage. Sitting up top of aviak village killing those 3 spawns with two other people in rawhide n banded, and maybe one or two other mobs sometimes was exactly how I remember 99.

Yeah, that's one thing I think will never be captured in another MMO. I never logged on thinking "how much experience can I get before my parents make me stop playing" when I was a kid. I logged and just wandered around exploring, and it was common to see other players just hanging out and socializing in almost every zone.

Another thing, now that you mention Banded... when I first played P99 last summer, I was playing with a guy who never played EQ before but had wanted to when he was a kid and wasn't able to, so he used the pandemic as the opportunity to try it. He didn't believe me when I told him that Bronze armor used to be VALUABLE.

I remember one of the kids who rode my school bus got a bronze breastplate, and it caused a fist fight in real-life because he planned to sell it and the other friend wanted to wear it. The breastplate LITERALLY sold for 100pp on my server at the time, and was considered super rare and Bronze armor was considered GOOD at that time.

This guy couldn't believe me and thought I was trolling him because in 2020 Bronze armor was considered too heavy to even loot in terms of vendor value. Better off only looting Fine Steel etc.

RecondoJoe
04-11-2021, 01:13 PM
Lake Rathe, located South of South Katana, is a southern region of Antonica located further south than other esoteric regions. Notable exceptions include The Crypt of Dalnir and The Mines of Nurga.

I didn't realize that people didn't use Crypt of Dalnir that much... I spent a lot of time there since I had a Monk and I just assumed if I were able to get full Crescent Armor that it would make me OP... even though it had worse stats than the stuff I already had on.

Jimjam
04-11-2021, 02:35 PM
I didn't realize that people didn't use Crypt of Dalnir that much... I spent a lot of time there since I had a Monk and I just assumed if I were able to get full Crescent Armor that it would make me OP... even though it had worse stats than the stuff I already had on.

People argue AC is king, or skills matter. The truth is optics rule.

Rock up in bristle silk (cloth stats velious look) get invites. Rock up in something with cloth looks but better stats, get laughed at and refused invite.

RecondoJoe
04-11-2021, 06:34 PM
People argue AC is king, or skills matter. The truth is optics rule.

Rock up in bristle silk (cloth stats velious look) get invites. Rock up in something with cloth looks but better stats, get laughed at and refused invite.

AC is king used to be the most legit argument, I remember wearing the Woven Shadow that had +Int and +Wis on it because I was like man, fuck that Mithril, I need this armor.

magnetaress
04-12-2021, 07:59 AM
Ac is king, should be. Like. It should let you solo hard mobs n stuff on your rogues.