PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used a current version of vbulletin?

Gustoo
02-11-2021, 05:35 PM
I have, and its really aweful. What the hell were those guys thinking? Every action takes fully 5 seconds to take place. It makes this forum feel like lightning speed (because it is) and the genius's at vbulletin don't support this version forum software anymore.

Anyone know of a decent non vbulletin software and a forum that uses it?

Gustoo
02-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Started as a rant and became an off topic so.. woops.

Chortles Ban Appeal
02-11-2021, 05:44 PM
oops

magnetaress
02-11-2021, 06:12 PM
Discord. Disqus. But they all suck.

zodium
02-11-2021, 06:30 PM
vbulletin is the best forum for users and the worst forum for admins

Gustoo
02-11-2021, 07:20 PM
This is a very old version of vBulletin and is the best.

New version vBulletin I haven't found one that doesn't lag super hard, but it is pretty hard to find one that exists at all since not a lot of people can easily move their database from this version vbulletin to current version and not a lot of new message boards popping up.

phpBB seems like the other biggish forum that is still around.

Jack N
02-12-2021, 12:02 AM
make ur own

imperiouskitten
02-12-2021, 12:13 AM
This is a very old version of vBulletin and is the best.

New version vBulletin I haven't found one that doesn't lag super hard, but it is pretty hard to find one that exists at all since not a lot of people can easily move their database from this version vbulletin to current version and not a lot of new message boards popping up.

phpBB seems like the other biggish forum that is still around.

God Bless this old mess. This forum software hardly feels legacy to me though, I must be old.

Gustoo
02-12-2021, 05:57 AM
It’s old by Vbulletin standards but it is the best most functional for the user message board I’ve ever found so is perfectly sophisticated and refined. I’m not saying it feels old, it feels as perfect as any. The later software is a turd pile but I’m hoping it can be made good.

Phpbb is open source and has some decent feeling and functioning versions but not quite as good as this