PDA

View Full Version : Real Communism Has Never Been Tried

Grumph
02-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Ok we know. If you look at the countries that were ‘communist’ they all ended up killing a lot of people.

But genocide isn’t a true aspect of communism. Real communism has never been tried!

If we just set up the correct, clear goals, and rules, and have the right beurecrats, and citizenry, everything will go great for everybody!

Listen. We’re trying to do what’s best for the collective not just go unceremoniously ban a tire swathes of players for...

...oh

Friends. I hate to say it. But maybe Nasim was right:

Grumph
02-07-2021, 11:12 AM
P.s. everyone in the gulags was legally convicted by the laws of their country.

Emoji:the more you know!

regandna
02-07-2021, 12:15 PM
Perma banning the whole guild is dumb. Only the people who participated should be banned. That is beyond extreme.

Fammaden
02-07-2021, 12:30 PM
As a board certified doctor of Everquest with a specialization in pixel sickness, I advise you seek attention for your elevated levels of immersion.

Cassawary
02-07-2021, 01:22 PM
Perma banning the whole guild is dumb. Only the people who participated should be banned. That is beyond extreme.

A King may move a man, a father may claim a son, but remember that even when those who move you be Kings, or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus." Or that, "Virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

k9quaint
02-07-2021, 01:28 PM
As a board certified doctor of Everquest with a specialization in pixel sickness, I advise you seek attention for your elevated levels of immersion.

Mad elves are mad.

Naethyn
02-07-2021, 01:37 PM
K1C1

feniin
02-07-2021, 01:45 PM
I love all of these mad elves. Try Red. Consider Rotations. Learn to adult.

Grumph
02-07-2021, 01:55 PM
I love all of these mad elves. Try Red. Consider Rotations. Learn to adult.

Can we xfer our green or blue toons to red?

Swish
02-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Can we xfer our green or blue toons to red?

No but the base XP rate on red is 1.5x with increasing bonuses per group member added...which is designed to get you to the 50s quicker where there's more population.

k9quaint
02-07-2021, 08:54 PM
No but the base XP rate on red is 1.5x with increasing bonuses per group member added...which is designed to get you to the 50s quicker where there's more population.

More folks should give it a try. No lawyer questing for merbs on red. :p

tadkins
02-07-2021, 09:24 PM

I did give it a try, got an enchanter to level 9 or so there.

What scared me away was the fact that some poor dude kept getting killed repeatedly (as the server announces PvP deaths) and no one seemed to care. Could easily picture myself being griefed in a similar manner if I ever managed to get that high.

Plus I still dream of seeing places like ToV and ST one day and I heard that there was next to no raid scene there.

Fammaden
02-07-2021, 09:32 PM
From what I gather dicking around on red casually and seeing what the regulars say, you either join Apex and learn to VPN box toons on raids or Apex griefs you off the server if you dare to try to gear up outside their guild in the high 50's.

Endorra
02-07-2021, 10:14 PM

Yeah, just ask TMO how things went when they did exactly that.

xmaerx
02-07-2021, 10:26 PM
lol

Grumph
02-07-2021, 10:41 PM
From what I gather dicking around on red casually and seeing what the regulars say, you either join Apex and learn to VPN box toons on raids or Apex griefs you off the server if you dare to try to gear up outside their guild in the high 50's.

VPN box toons on raids?

what?

Fammaden
02-07-2021, 10:59 PM
They don't kill anything all that hard, Tunare has never been killed on red afaik.

Ravager
02-07-2021, 11:08 PM
Seriously and no shade at you and your Red Crusade (for once, I'm trying to be nicer), this is not an insult or any hate but a very serious criticism of that server, I gave it a try and the two things that turned me off to it were global /ooc and the unclassic exp bonus. Neither feels like EQ.

Arvan
02-08-2021, 01:54 AM
Ok we know. If you look at the countries that were ‘communist’ they all ended up killing a lot of people.

But genocide isn’t a true aspect of communism. Real communism has never been tried!

If we just set up the correct, clear goals, and rules, and have the right beurecrats, and citizenry, everything will go great for everybody!

Listen. We’re trying to do what’s best for the collective not just go unceremoniously ban a tire swathes of players for...

...oh

Friends. I hate to say it. But maybe Nasim was right:

Staff bashing?

Swish
02-08-2021, 02:13 AM
Seriously and no shade at you and your Red Crusade (for once, I'm trying to be nicer), this is not an insult or any hate but a very serious criticism of that server, I gave it a try and the two things that turned me off to it were global /ooc and the unclassic exp bonus. Neither feels like EQ.

You can put the ooc in a minimized window, I understand it can be annoying - mostly people just sounding off while playing. It would be the same on blue/green if it existed.

Endorra
02-08-2021, 03:15 AM
You can put the ooc in a minimized window, I understand it can be annoying - mostly people just sounding off while playing. It would be the same on blue/green if it existed.

You can also solve the unrealistic xp gains by simply playing 150% less on red.

Grumph
02-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Wow LOL (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mxwHeyxIwaYHvdPclP4q8iL5EDTeoMPr0FrWak-ZmGo/mobilebasic)

Swish
02-08-2021, 12:07 PM
You can also solve the unrealistic xp gains by simply playing 150% less on red.

Best raid scene of the 3 servers it seems, you're missing out.

Mblake81
02-08-2021, 12:13 PM
A King may move a man, a father may claim a son, but remember that even when those who move you be Kings, or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus." Or that, "Virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Well well well, fancy meeting you here Baldwin.

Dolalin
02-09-2021, 04:54 AM

I bet you screamed CoMmUnIsM!!11! when the teachers said you had to share the swing at recess.

Endorra
02-09-2021, 05:11 AM
Best raid scene of the 3 servers it seems, you're missing out.

Yeah learning how to box clerics for Apex sounds like a real upgrade

Babittle
02-09-2021, 07:27 AM
sit down, be humble

Grumph
02-09-2021, 08:21 AM
I bet you screamed CoMmUnIsM!!11! when the teachers said you had to share the swing at recess.

Touché!

All good Communists know and use the power of contrast and the Hegelian Dialectic.

Game rec game bruh!

Gustoo
02-10-2021, 06:31 PM

Perma banning a whole guild is the way of the game on this project when things get too dumb. I dunno what happened here, but RIP.