PDA

View Full Version : Are the servers revolting against the GMs?

Nibblewitz
02-06-2021, 09:36 PM
How did things get this bad?

Albanwr
02-06-2021, 09:37 PM
How did things get this bad?

my thinking is that the GMs have been too lenient of rule breaking for far too long and it just slowly got worse. I do respect the GMs, but rules need to be followed and punishments need handed out fast.

Naonak
02-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Not the first time and won't be the last time.

But they say. It's our way or get the fuck off the server

tyrant49333
02-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, or he will delete the entire UN and go full retard

LazyHydras
02-06-2021, 09:39 PM
More on this at 10.

reznor_
02-06-2021, 09:39 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Daloon
02-06-2021, 09:40 PM
I heard Seal Team deleted UN and then broke all the agreements ahead of a suspension lol brb grabbing /popcorn.

Nirgon
lol I hope all 150+ of those stupid rules they cried for were written down somewhere

Naonak
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, or he will delete the entire UN and go full retard

:)

tyrant49333
02-06-2021, 09:43 PM
In before kittens is crying about talendors getting sniped on blue

Bach
02-06-2021, 09:43 PM
No one is revolving against GM, just seal team being seal team.

Ban them, problem sorted.

Nirgon
02-06-2021, 09:46 PM

https://i.imgur.com/QIwbaE0.gif

LazyHydras
02-06-2021, 09:49 PM
"It has been said that civilization is twenty-four hours and two meals away from barbarism."

—Neil Gaiman

Nirgon
02-06-2021, 09:53 PM
2 vindis away from a cross server meltdown

LazyHydras
02-06-2021, 09:55 PM

apropos.

Arteker
02-07-2021, 12:23 AM
Considering the sheer ammount of bullshit , rmt, Account thief , Griefin ,raid shit they ahd been involved for years isnt likeu can respect gms on p99.

p99 biggest mistake was to allow gms to deal with with population, raid scene, and players inetraction.

they should had stick to help people with bugs, stucks , and real problems no playing politics and the aslways fucking changin politic world of p99

YendorLootmonkey
02-07-2021, 12:39 AM
Considering the sheer ammount of bullshit , rmt, Account thief , Griefin ,raid shit they ahd been involved for years isnt likeu can respect gms on p99.

p99 biggest mistake was to allow gms to deal with with population, raid scene, and players inetraction.

they should had stick to help people with bugs, stucks , and real problems no playing politics and the aslways fucking changin politic world of p99

You forgot to slam Chest... who hacked your forum account?

TripSin
02-07-2021, 01:20 AM

I think things like the play nice policy and intervening so that as many people can enjoy the content instead of just a few no-lifers monopolizing everything is a noble goal.

Irespectwomen
02-07-2021, 02:10 AM
It's funny how people who tease about all the elf lawyering insinuate that Seal Team is the reason for the insane litigation when in reality it's the casuals creating the fuss to force Seal Team to share loot.

Shinko
02-07-2021, 02:10 AM
Simple server rules

- don’t train /
- FTE is law, park the raid on the spawn, can’t complain if you die on someone else FTE
- sky rotation since that zone is aids
- Train away in VP let guilds have fun
- don’t think much else is needed

eezl
02-07-2021, 02:20 AM

talendor is dope, just dont take our fishies

LazyHydras
02-07-2021, 08:37 AM
Simple server rules

- don’t train /
- FTE is law, park the raid on the spawn, can’t complain if you die on someone else FTE

Whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa. We can't be making SENSE around here!

Babittle
02-07-2021, 08:55 AM

lulz

Ravager
02-07-2021, 09:00 AM
Simple server rules

- don’t train /

Nah. Simplify it to 1 rule. Whoever gets the exp gets the loot. It's about time 6 man guilds got their due.

Bach
02-07-2021, 09:15 AM
No one is revolving against GM, just seal team being seal team.

Ban them, problem sorted.

Thanks for listening :)

BlackBellamy
02-07-2021, 09:24 AM
They should give out tickets to raids, if you're a GM you go to the Gypsy camp and be like "I will perform a small raid" and the Gypsy says "Here you go Smell Team person, here's your 18 tickets to Krapafen tomorrow at 8pm." And then at 8pm Krapafen disintegrates anyone without a ticket and play goes on.

Ravager
02-07-2021, 10:13 AM
They should give out tickets to raids, if you're a GM you go to the Gypsy camp and be like "I will perform a small raid" and the Gypsy says "Here you go Smell Team person, here's your 18 tickets to Krapafen tomorrow at 8pm." And then at 8pm Krapafen disintegrates anyone without a ticket and play goes on.
The better answer is to make windows 365 days long. Make the mobs spawn 52 times a year, but there's a chance they can spawn 52 times in one week at the end of the year. Force poopsocking to be a thing. If you want to get raid targets, you have to sit there and wait for it to spawn. That way, it keeps all of these dorks from powerleveling alts in Unrest.

Or, just remove all raids from the PVE servers and if you want to raid, you get a one-way /movechar to Red, because apparently people want to compete for mobs but play on Blue?

Or rotations.

Or reopen Teal and then launch Cyan, Turquoise, Aqua and Seafoam servers, because multiple servers with the same content is actually classic.

Grumph
02-07-2021, 10:54 AM
True.
Multiple servers is classic.

Naethyn
02-07-2021, 01:16 PM
K1C1

JDFriend99
02-07-2021, 01:17 PM
I heard Seal Team deleted UN and then broke all the agreements ahead of a suspension lol brb grabbing /popcorn.

I can a whopp ass paint just got spilled and looks like shit. Film at 11

Cassawary
02-07-2021, 01:33 PM

It has been said that civilization is twenty-four hours and two meals away from barbarism.

Raev
02-07-2021, 01:50 PM
The problem with Project 1999 was and remains the toxic combination of players who can't find enough dopamine hits in life and thus seek illusory pixel success and the GMs (and by this I mean ROGEAN and NILBOG) who are determined to maintain open world 'competition' in a game manifestly not designed for it. It will continue until one or both parties wake up and stop beating their heads against the wall.

Something like https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329201 remains the only reasonable solution I have seen yet to keep competition without all of the petitions and nastiness.

Fammaden
02-07-2021, 01:55 PM
I think the servers' raiding population is revolting TO the GM's....

Naethyn
02-07-2021, 01:59 PM
The problem with Project 1999 was and remains the toxic combination of players who can't find enough dopamine hits in life and thus seek illusory pixel success and the GMs (and by this I mean ROGEAN and NILBOG) who are determined to maintain open world 'competition' in a game manifestly not designed for it. It will continue until one or both parties wake up and stop beating their heads against the wall.

Something like https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329201 remains the only reasonable solution I have seen yet to keep competition without all of the petitions and nastiness.

Kill one concede one is a lot simpler and a lot more practical while still fostering competition. It achieves the goal of ending the us vs them toxicity and it prohibits the one guild monopoly eventuality.

Fammaden
02-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Quake every week.

YendorLootmonkey
02-07-2021, 02:11 PM
while still fostering competition.

You're assuming the guilds at the top want "competition". That is where these suggestions break down and never get accepted.

They want domination/monopolization.

Case in point: Even now, you have ST rushing to secure camps at the rest of the VP key pieces (https://www.project1999.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14045&d=1612687741) to put off having to contest dragons in VP for as long as possible.

Naethyn
02-07-2021, 02:18 PM
You're assuming the guilds at the top want "competition". That is where these suggestions break down and never get accepted.

They want domination/monopolization.

Case in point: Even now, you have ST rushing to secure camps at the rest of the VP key pieces (https://www.project1999.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14045&d=1612687741) to put off having to contest dragons in VP for as long as possible.

Don't be fooled, the people who don't want K1C1 don't really want competition - they want their turn at pixel lordship.

Grumph
02-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Kill one concede one is a lot simpler and a lot more practical while still fostering competition. It achieves the goal of ending the us vs them toxicity and it prohibits the one guild monopoly eventuality.

the math checks out.

Raev
02-07-2021, 02:23 PM

I remain flabbergasted that people replying to that threat thought that the short list of rules I enumerated was complicated when compared the pages and pages of raid rules from Sirken (apparently now even longer thanks to Galach and Menden foolishly trying to do the impossible).

Again, the problem is the nature of open world competition in what is fundamentally a PVE game. It will always come down to idiocy like Mario Kart races, batphones, poopsocking, or other stupidity. And because these rules will always be arbitrary constructions, they will always be enforced by lawyerquest and petitions and RNF nastiness rather than the game engine as players attempt to push the envelope (or outright cheat).

Ravager
02-07-2021, 02:26 PM
Pretty much. The 10 people who actually want competition are on Red.

greasemonk
02-07-2021, 04:10 PM
Give a man a raid, he will raid for a day. Teach a man to raid, or he will delete the entire UN and go full retard

Fixed the quote for you Beef. I'll let you take all the credit.

Attos
02-07-2021, 04:33 PM
my thinking is that the GMs have been too lenient of rule breaking for far too long and it just slowly got worse. I do respect the GMs, but rules need to be followed and punishments need handed out fast.

I cannot agree with this more. There are people who should have been banned long ago.

Kohedron
02-07-2021, 04:35 PM
Who knew trying to hold back snaggletooths from their precious pixels would cause issues.

turbosilk
02-07-2021, 04:39 PM

This.

tankh
02-07-2021, 05:13 PM
What rules need to be followed? Ones created during a a server conversation or ones forced on you mid window?

Ennewi
02-07-2021, 07:00 PM
It's their server, so all rules. There are no excuses for childish behavior unless you are, in fact, a child. Manchildren do not count.

Arteker
02-08-2021, 08:54 PM
You forgot to slam Chest... who hacked your forum account?

I did not but i had a nice shit and laughs when i rememebred you training bda in hate then blaming it on Alpha wich was actualy on WC screaming to get a fucking port up to hate for that maestro pull