Jibartik
02-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Purity belts [x]
At the docks[x]
low level hotties [x]
hut with two (lesbian) officers [x]
level 60 mother hen (female pimp) [x]
room filled with bunks with a merchant out front [x]

My unofficial lore is, it's setup as a reformatory for young wood elf girls that party too much and so they're sent there by their kelthin living parents, but it's actually a con, and the girls are coerced into selling their bodies to the sailors that pass in the night.

Mblake81
02-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Tunare likes her heartwood thorns.

Boptop
02-02-2021, 01:48 PM
The belts definitely have a high drop rate...

Toxigen
02-02-2021, 01:49 PM
No wonder why Riot goes hard for Tunare.

OuterChimp
02-02-2021, 02:19 PM
Purity belts [x]
At the docks[x]
low level hotties [x]
hut with two (lesbian) officers [x]
level 60 mother hen (female pimp) [x]
room filled with bunks with a merchant out front [x]

My unofficial lore is, it's setup as a reformatory for young wood elf girls that party too much and so they're sent there by their kelthin living parents, but it's actually a con, and the girls are coerced into selling their bodies to the sailors that pass in the night.

I'm not the only one who read this and though....damn, I think Jib might be on to something here...

Aadill
02-02-2021, 02:23 PM
most interesting thread

Fammaden
02-02-2021, 02:26 PM
The belts definitely have a high drop rate...

Top post so far, heh.

I'm not the only one who read this and though....damn, I think Jib might be on to something here...

He's not making up some wild theory, its all there for you to decipher and not exactly very hidden. EQ is an old school RPG like that despite all its multi-player min-maxing, full of lore that you need to read and think about for a minute rather than watching a cut scene.

magnetaress
02-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Well, in my lonely hours of Googling purity belts outside of incognito mode in order to troll, I came across this gem about feminism in Mad Max: Fury Road. https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/20/8620229/mad-max-fury-road-anti-feminist-mens-rights-boycott

Neet.

The "purity belt" that goes along with the story is pretty cool to.

https://www.themarysue.com/george-miller-feminist-answer-franchise/

Boptop
02-02-2021, 04:29 PM
Well, in my lonely hours of Googling purity belts outside of incognito mode in order to troll, I came across this gem about feminism in Mad Max: Fury Road. https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/20/8620229/mad-max-fury-road-anti-feminist-mens-rights-boycott

Neet.

The "purity belt" that goes along with the story is pretty cool to.

https://www.themarysue.com/george-miller-feminist-answer-franchise/

You need purity gloves for your posting.

Jimjam
02-02-2021, 05:06 PM
If you talk to the girls they will tell you who has the key to the belts, or in other words controls access to their woelfhood. The belts are of Erollisi (Love). The island also has an endless stockpile of illegal alcohol (Blackburrow Stout).

Something is fucky.

magnetaress
02-02-2021, 05:06 PM
You need purity gloves for your posting.

I keep asking for Ativan. They keep saying no. :o

DMN
02-02-2021, 09:27 PM
Leaves massive, sprawling forest as far as the ye can see. Goes to dinky island and plants a dozen trees. Take that patriarchy!

Jibartik
02-02-2021, 09:39 PM
yacE7xAo5g

Jibartik
02-02-2021, 09:41 PM
stupid rnf "rules"

Nexii
02-02-2021, 10:29 PM
Dark elves are supposed to be misandrist but they took that part out of the lore for EQ

Always wondered why, when the drider model is in the game Lloth or an equivalent didn't make it in

Mblake81
02-02-2021, 10:45 PM
Dark elves are supposed to be misandrist but they took that part out of the lore for EQ

Always wondered why, when the drider model is in the game Lloth or an equivalent didn't make it in

Under Innoruuk both sexes could equally hate the other races.

Endorra
02-02-2021, 10:46 PM
#notalldarkelves

Nexii
02-02-2021, 10:57 PM
Under Innoruuk both sexes could equally hate the other races.

True. It might have been as simple as wanting males and females to have equal starting stats

OuterChimp
02-03-2021, 09:26 AM
When I see the half elf models, I always think they are a little light in the loafers...

It's 2021, and that is cool....but just saying. I picture them all drinking soy lattes and talking about organic body wash.

Jimjam
02-03-2021, 10:18 AM
I've given some thought as to the discussed misandrist nature of Dark Elves.

While it is true that this doesn't seem to be a theme particularly touched upon in Neriak, other Dark Elf strongholds exist.

The most prominent of these, of course is Nagena, the name and spelling of which are suspiciously close to female body part 'Vagina', while also referencing a title given to matriarchical elder figure heads, 'Nan'.

There is a suspicious lack of male dark elves in this place. The two who are present are relegated to bunk with the ogre guards or amongst the jails. Inconspicuously there is an abundance of severed heads upon spikes, all male, as if a warning. The only other apparent males are ogres. These beasts are used as guard dogs, and made to work beyond the grave by the few necromancers of the zone: in the form of large and greater skeletons.

Perhaps Najena is the Dark Elf citadel of misandry.

Fammaden
02-03-2021, 11:10 PM
The ogres are probably eunuchs.

Nexii
02-04-2021, 01:37 AM
I've given some thought as to the discussed misandrist nature of Dark Elves.

While it is true that this doesn't seem to be a theme particularly touched upon in Neriak, other Dark Elf strongholds exist.

The most prominent of these, of course is Nagena, the name and spelling of which are suspiciously close to female body part 'Vagina', while also referencing a title given to matriarchical elder figure heads, 'Nan'.

There is a suspicious lack of male dark elves in this place. The two who are present are relegated to bunk with the ogre guards or amongst the jails. Inconspicuously there is an abundance of severed heads upon spikes, all male, as if a warning. The only other apparent males are ogres. These beasts are used as guard dogs, and made to work beyond the grave by the few necromancers of the zone: in the form of large and greater skeletons.

Perhaps Najena is the Dark Elf citadel of misandry.

Although it's the dark elven king that aids the Spurned and Najena. And the queen that favors The Dead and opposes Najena. It's more of a cold war/animosity amongst Houses than genders. Or even deities as the clerics oppose The Dead as well. (though this does explain why my DE cleric can't do the reaper quest without faction work, despite being Innoruuk follower like SKs and necros).

They did balance it out more later with Saryrn and Lanys T`Vyl.

I'll stick with the traditional drow lore though which has the priestesses as part of the elite. Males only get to be equivalent to the spurned. I imagine they couldn't keep this because they wanted any class to be playable by both genders. Kind of like how whips (1hs) would make more sense for dark elf clerics over 1hb

goldlush
02-04-2021, 04:41 AM
I didn't even know there were lore books to read where?

magnetaress
02-04-2021, 09:48 AM
Trolls can probably change genders based on the temperature of their swamp.

imperiouskitten
02-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Ex cellent posting ITT

Mblake81
02-04-2021, 01:08 PM
I didn't even know there were lore books to read where?

D&D manuals and the book series based on them.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/queen-of-the-spiders-supermodule-gdq1-7-advanced-dungeons--dragons_gary-gygax/14207451/#edition=15050470

https://www.thriftbooks.com/series/the-war-of-the-spider-queen/42055/

Mblake81
02-04-2021, 01:12 PM
Cyberpunk, as well as most other TT games, have their books as well.
I was introduced to this world through the same friend that showed me EQ.

https://i.imgur.com/RcqnXin.jpg