Nirgon
01-30-2021, 04:17 PM
Myth busted, enough already ok

Nirgon
01-30-2021, 04:18 PM
(it's not Menden and Galach doing it)

magnetaress
01-30-2021, 09:43 PM
Bump. Free of charge. Before I go to bed.

Cassawary
01-30-2021, 10:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/0ZDuci8.png

Toxigen
01-31-2021, 12:47 AM
consider blue

Endorra
01-31-2021, 04:55 AM
The majority, eh? Both of them?

Swish
01-31-2021, 06:41 AM
Would play, great times ahead if it happens.

Babittle
01-31-2021, 09:01 AM
I think the 8 of y’all should get a new server! #support

Naethyn
01-31-2021, 10:39 AM
Let me copy my character from blue to red.

magnetaress
01-31-2021, 11:29 AM

Reroll with the same name and stat allocation. Problem solved.

Nexii
01-31-2021, 11:57 AM

Wish they would do that. Red is cool but needs more people

kuuky
01-31-2021, 12:11 PM
I would play on a brand new Red server

Confit
01-31-2021, 09:40 PM

14,167 times you could have chosen to not say anything but here we are.

kuuky
01-31-2021, 09:48 PM
Since some people get paid to play games maybe he gets paid to post about games in game forums. The world may never know. Kind of like how we may never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop. Personally I would rather know the latter.

Nirgon
02-01-2021, 03:27 AM

14,167 times you could have chosen to not say anything but here we are.

Sig

Thomacles
02-01-2021, 04:49 AM
Please explain how a massive failure such as Red can benefit by starting anew?

Do you think the new Red will fail even MORE spectacularly? That isn't how success is determined.

Thomacles
02-01-2021, 04:51 AM
Kind of like how we may never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop

BTW, Mr. Owl answered that over 45 years ago. The answer is 3. He demonstrated that in a commercial.

Fammaden
02-01-2021, 07:41 AM
BTW, Mr. Owl answered that over 45 years ago. The answer is 3. He demonstrated that in a commercial.

The point being that we may never know since no one including Mr. Owl has the patience not to bite through to the center before they've licked all the way through.

Nirgon
02-01-2021, 10:50 AM

Do you think the new Red will fail even MORE spectacularly? That isn't how success is determined.

Resists are functional now, no stupid nonclassic xp loss on pvp death, hopefully won't be massive lag and crashing this time. Or certain other incidents requiring unnaskings.

If you knew things, you'd see why it needs a fresh launch. It started with 600-800 players that dwindled away almost instantly given the above problems.

I already know EQ pvp isn't for you regardless.

Ravager
02-01-2021, 11:33 AM
It would be easy as hell for Red to get a new server. Just get the 5 people who play there to delete their characters.

Nirgon
02-01-2021, 11:52 AM
It can and has sat at 0, minus ppl on char select.

I've /who all'd and it was just me.

Reminder that 600+ showed up for launch which is completely devastating to your "only 5 people would play a new pvp server" false narrative.

I get it, some of you guys spend most of your time afk in game and can't maintain a buff stack. It's ok.

Ravager
02-01-2021, 12:14 PM
They should just wipe and launch a new Red server every day then and maybe it'll hold the same average population as the other servers.

Nirgon
02-01-2021, 12:18 PM
There's no afk tunnel pop on pvp servers tho

Aka most of blue

Swish
02-01-2021, 04:13 PM
There's no afk tunnel pop on pvp servers tho

Aka most of blue

24 hour ban on all IP exemptions on blue would be quite revealing.

Widan
02-02-2021, 09:18 AM

Red had 300+ concurrent players during its heyday in 2014-2015 you mongoloid. Literally the most popular everquest pvp server to ever exist outside of live servers.

Nirgon
02-02-2021, 09:31 AM
Won't admit launch #s, what a cuck

Fammaden
02-02-2021, 10:33 AM
Delete red server, start a new fresh green style server with Firiona Vie rules in its place.

Nirgon
02-02-2021, 10:40 AM
Just because you said that, I'll be looking to get some more shelved beta clerics to ST

mattydef
02-02-2021, 12:36 PM
A few friends and I always talk about playing on a new red server. I think it would be pretty fun and surprisingly popular.

Thomacles
02-02-2021, 04:35 PM
LOL, you people are just dillusional.
Buncha whiney crybabies. Do you really read what you post?

"6 years ago we had a whole buncha people!!"

Yah....about that..... How's it been recently? What? Not good numbers? There's a reason why....

But, it's your fanfic, you can tell it however you want.

I suggest you sit around and wish for something that will NEVER happen even more. In fact, spend the next few years hoping as well, and see where that gets you.

"Red had 300+ concurrent players during its heyday in 2014-2015 you mongoloid."

Um, you do know this is 2021, right? In CURRENT times, you are lucky to see 20 people total. But, keep dreaming. It don't cost anything. ("6 years ago it was popular", LOL, that made my day.)

Swish
02-02-2021, 05:14 PM
A few friends and I always talk about playing on a new red server. I think it would be pretty fun and surprisingly popular.

https://i.imgur.com/lrIl6w3.png

Nirgon
02-02-2021, 05:15 PM
every time you say something mean, Seal Team gets another cleric on the beta

goldlush
02-04-2021, 04:35 AM
Herp derp red population low therefore not fun I am very smart

Here's a Le funny joke:

Knock knock

Whose there?

Nobody cause it's red server lololol 😂😂😂😂

People say I should do stand-up

goldlush
02-04-2021, 04:38 AM
LOL, you people are just dillusional.
Buncha whiney crybabies. Do you really read what you post?

"6 years ago we had a whole buncha people!!"

Yah....about that..... How's it been recently? What? Not good numbers? There's a reason why....

But, it's your fanfic, you can tell it however you want.

I suggest you sit around and wish for something that will NEVER happen even more. In fact, spend the next few years hoping as well, and see where that gets you.

"Red had 300+ concurrent players during its heyday in 2014-2015 you mongoloid."

Um, you do know this is 2021, right? In CURRENT times, you are lucky to see 20 people total. But, keep dreaming. It don't cost anything. ("6 years ago it was popular", LOL, that made my day.)

Nice meltdown

Nirgon
02-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Herp derp red population low therefore not fun I am very smart

Here's a Le funny joke:

Knock knock

Whose there?

Nobody cause it's red server lololol 😂😂😂😂

People say I should do stand-up

Did you know on red you could start casting a ranged aoe on a player, and no matter how far they moved it would finish.

I killed wizards that yondered or people who gated to their bind from across the zone.

AC did nothing in pvp for years.

You could cast lava bolts through walls in dungeons. And only bolts, which are crazy range btw. Not like live where any spell could do it, but not bolts.

None of these beta clingers have any clue what real problems red had. Those are all fixed now. It had a horrible launch and wasn't ready.

Who is to blame? The largely moron VZTZ community who loudly insisted it was ready. Glad we listened to them and not the minority of people who know wtf they're talking about.

azxten
02-04-2021, 06:03 PM
FFA PvP with item loot or team PvP with coin loot. No clue why we have a bastardized rule PvP server. I'm guessing allowing item loot was iffy in terms of preventing exploits and team PvP was hard to code.

k9quaint
02-04-2021, 06:59 PM
Did you know on red you could start casting a ranged aoe on a player, and no matter how far they moved it would finish.

I killed wizards that yondered or people who gated to their bind from across the zone.

AC did nothing in pvp for years.

You could cast lava bolts through walls in dungeons. And only bolts, which are crazy range btw. Not like live where any spell could do it, but not bolts.

None of these beta clingers have any clue what real problems red had. Those are all fixed now. It had a horrible launch and wasn't ready.

Who is to blame? The largely moron VZTZ community who loudly insisted it was ready. Glad we listened to them and not the minority of people who know wtf they're talking about.

It really pains me to say it. But Mr. Nirgon is correct. Red was not ready on launch.
It should be wiped clean.
All green toons should be transferred to the new red.

LazyHydras
02-04-2021, 07:16 PM
consider blue

Consider Neverwinter Nights.

AenorVZ
02-05-2021, 01:48 AM

I think the plan is to copy Red to Blue before they wipe it clean for Purple 2013.

Nirgon
02-05-2021, 10:54 AM
FFA PvP with item loot or team PvP with coin loot. No clue why we have a bastardized rule PvP server. I'm guessing allowing item loot was iffy in terms of preventing exploits and team PvP was hard to code.

Certain very very special people played it in the community and didn't want it. Ended up being the worst idea. No items to potentially pvp for, turned into zerg or die.

magnetaress
02-05-2021, 11:23 AM
I'm in the majority of red players. I love red. Vanilla pvp with a classic time-line. No yt or weird custom shit and no global ooc is were its at.

Jimjam
02-05-2021, 12:52 PM
Wipe it clean for the new red/green!

Flexin
02-06-2021, 05:31 AM
Love the 2018 join date posters talking down on red long after its prime. 700 people launch month, dead to broken resist code and no play nice policy, resist code fixed and play nice policy implemented and server shoots back to 350-400 mid kunark expansion, server has thriving Velious launch and dies cause Velious is a pve xpac.

It's been 10 years just delete red and make a fresh, I'm ready to grease your pockets Rogaine.

Phaezed-Reality
02-06-2021, 12:17 PM
yea gotta say, people that shit on red. just don't know the history. it was a beta server. for YEARS. things had to be constantly tweaked. and that bled alot of the playerbase, but it still stayed pretty damn strong. it had its weak moments. but on the whole it was a fairly successful server.

I cannot imagine how awesome a green relaunch type red would be. because there is a WHOLE lot of interest from the blue/green playerbase in it. and it would draw all the red players who don't play p99 anymore back. It absolutely would be a high pop server.

azxten
02-06-2021, 12:25 PM
yea gotta say, people that shit on red. just don't know the history. it was a beta server. for YEARS. things had to be constantly tweaked. and that bled alot of the playerbase, but it still stayed pretty damn strong. it had its weak moments. but on the whole it was a fairly successful server.

I cannot imagine how awesome a green relaunch type red would be. because there is a WHOLE lot of interest from the blue/green playerbase in it. and it would draw all the red players who don't play p99 anymore back. It absolutely would be a high pop server.

Red was fun but used a non classic rule set and some broken mechanics. It's failure though was simply the same as the non-PvP server. It's too easy to level.

My experience of Red was joining Imaginary Friends for awhile. Getting 40+ and one day watching Lovely come Ice Comet the leader of IF in LGuk and the rest of us just stood there watching then we immediately disbanded and went to raid Naggy with Lovely and co. Successful kill on first attempt then we formed the top raid guild N-whatever it was.

I quite playing a couple days later. Game was officially over. A top guild of "untouchable" raiders was formed in less than a month and mass amounts of players quit as they had zero chance now. People leveled too fast and easily. Lovely used wands to AE kite and didn't level legitimately.

Nirgon
02-06-2021, 03:33 PM
How long would any of you stick around if you lost 3% of a level on pvp death and your bind spot got found

Flexin
02-06-2021, 04:04 PM
Red was fun but used a non classic rule set and some broken mechanics. It's failure though was simply the same as the non-PvP server. It's too easy to level.

My experience of Red was joining Imaginary Friends for awhile. Getting 40+ and one day watching Lovely come Ice Comet the leader of IF in LGuk and the rest of us just stood there watching then we immediately disbanded and went to raid Naggy with Lovely and co. Successful kill on first attempt then we formed the top raid guild N-whatever it was.

I quite playing a couple days later. Game was officially over. A top guild of "untouchable" raiders was formed in less than a month and mass amounts of players quit as they had zero chance now. People leveled too fast and easily. Lovely used wands to AE kite and didn't level legitimately.

Accurate history, but after you quit and the PNP was added a band of merry bluebies + Azrael defeated the Duke and his crew of flunkies.

Swish
02-06-2021, 07:39 PM
Best thread in this subforum right now.

k9quaint
02-06-2021, 07:41 PM
Release Luclin on Blue, Velious on Green, and wipe and reset Red all on the same day.