PDA

View Full Version : Alternative To DKP - This Will Go Over Well...

wwoneo
01-29-2021, 12:15 AM
Why create a fake in-game currency (DKP) to purchase raid items and instead use a real in-game currency platinum?

Scenario:
50 person raid.
Every item is up for bid.
Highest bidder wins.
Total platinum is split between all participants.

Some additional rules can be implemented to ensure buyers. For example, participants must have a minimum amount of platinum banked in order to demonstrate their ability to purchase items. Another example would be a minimum gear level requirement (such as 100+ MR unbuffed) etc...

Tunabros
01-29-2021, 12:17 AM
nice! now where to take my rogue to solo for plat?

whats this? my mage friend is making hundreds per hour smashing HGs!!?

game's over no loot for me

Cassawary
01-29-2021, 12:20 AM
You shall not crucify elfkind upon this cross of gold!

Foxplay
01-29-2021, 12:53 AM
WoW classic already does this with GDKP (Gold dkp) run's I think they are called. The major difference being WoW is instanced raiding so it is planned and done at players leisure

Finding enough people that want to do a platnium dkp raid while also contest mobs anytime of day at the drop of a hat? Not likely

Maybe a guild could form and do a system like this.... but then you just have a guild of people who are split between raiding, and farming plat in order to spend on raids these. Which in essence rewards those who play p99 the most as they are going to have more plat than others. Could have someone that shows up to raids all the time, but never has time to farm plat and he/she will constantly get destroyed in bids by hardcore plat farmers that may only show up at specific raids for specific loot, and on rare occasion they might win a bid from the plat they earn from the raids split pot

Not saying it couldn't work but I would foresee a lot of wealthy people no contribute to the guild and only jump in on targets to pluck up the drops they want an then bounce

Boptop
01-29-2021, 01:14 AM
<Ferengi Alliance>

Gatordash
01-29-2021, 01:34 AM
What happens when the person bidding doesn't actually have the plat to pay everyone but says they do and loot the no drop item anyways? You want to check everyone's EC mule to see if they actually have the money? Or is your proposition that everyone carries the pp with them and it takes 20 min for your raid to move down trips hall?

Foxplay
01-29-2021, 01:57 AM
What happens when the person bidding doesn't actually have the plat to pay everyone but says they do and loot the no drop item anyways? You want to check everyone's EC mule to see if they actually have the money? Or is your proposition that everyone carries the pp with them and it takes 20 min for your raid to move down trips hall?

Most raid bosses corpses are 30minutes, plenty of time to switch to a mule and xfer plat before looting (provided your character your looting on is already in zone and ready for CoTH etc)

But then you have to have trustworthy people to handle huge amounts of plat....Trustworthy pixel-addicts that spend most of their time plat-farming so they can bid more than their "enemy" guildies....

Give it a month before huge drama, plat xfers get stolen / skimmed, or people accounts banned for RMT lol

Arvan
01-29-2021, 02:16 AM
<Gold Pressed Latinum>

Gatordash
01-29-2021, 02:22 AM
I don’t see it solving many problems. And then what are you going to do to incentivize people to track or rte or race etc

wwoneo
01-29-2021, 02:52 AM
I don’t see it solving many problems. And then what are you going to do to incentivize people to track or rte or race etc

There are ways to solve issues like these. Such as drafting a policy for the raids which states the tracker who leads to a successful kill receives 2% of total platinum or something along those lines. Note that these are just examples and can be adjusted for fairness.

sydbarrett25
01-29-2021, 07:46 AM
<Ferengi Alliance>

Nexii
01-29-2021, 07:55 AM
Yea the only issue is people bidding more than they have. Though that can happen with DKP too.

On a mass scale splits would have to be given out from a mule like recharges. But I think it could work. It'd be a lot to track though, who got paid and not.

Toxigen
01-29-2021, 09:02 AM
Does OP think EC fat-catting isn't bad enough already?

remen
01-29-2021, 09:16 AM
The great thing about this idea is that it doesn't incentivize RMT at all.

MaCtastic
01-29-2021, 09:42 AM
Just use a loot council. Flawless system.

Grumph
01-29-2021, 10:10 AM
Example 1:

Vindi BP sells for 100k.

50 people show up for kill: 2k plat dividend.

for like a 10 minute pull/engage?

Example two:

Zlandi talisman sells for 300k - 1 mil.

50 ppl show up for kill. lets say a 30 min excusion.

so a 6k plat dispursement per person.

Potential issues? ends up being a lot of trade volume. more efficient to setup a ledger system and track everyone's current balance.

Sounds like a legit use case for Doge Coin.

Nexii
01-29-2021, 10:15 AM
The great thing about this idea is that it doesn't incentivize RMT at all.

I think the common guild rule of not being able sell droppables for plat exaberates the RMT problem. It inflates the value of raid loot to the point where only RMTers can hope to farm that much plat.

MaCtastic
01-29-2021, 10:17 AM
Example 1:

Potential issues? ends up being a lot of trade volume. more efficient to setup a ledger system and track everyone's current balance.

Sounds like a legit use case for Doge Coin.

What is the Elfbuck to Dogecoin conversion ratio?

Grumph
01-29-2021, 10:41 AM
What is the Elfbuck to Dogecoin conversion ratio?

One Doge Coin = One Luclin Moon

Thermite
01-29-2021, 10:55 AM
WOW GDKP runs in p99 whatttt?

magnetaress
01-29-2021, 11:21 AM
I was totally ignored by the nerd rage sparked in the previous threads.

A combo of DKP and/random is best were u use ur DKP to buy a /random on items with set prices.

Surprised u have not figured that out yet.

Also, UN guilds then instead of just dkp may buy into UNDKP. Guilds may than purchase back the UNDKP of returning players.

getsome
01-29-2021, 12:05 PM
The TLP servers run GDKP all the time. A popular meta is to bid on droppables and sell them afterwards for a profit (mostly for the Kael raids). Most people who run them take a cut for their effort.

I still have a link to one of the spreadsheets used a few years back.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kOWPeU80lEHtQ7ESOdWoInLGukhRPoWepzR2zZ0VQT0/htmlview#gid=3385341

Based on the price of krono sold by daybreak this raid had the equivalent of $4000 worth of krono spending. Everyone made about $40 worth of krono at dbg prices. This raid was VT in early POP as people would not be able to burn their lockout during the actual expansion.

You did not have to farm plat to get regular raid loot. Just attend a few GDKP raids and you would bank enough coin to start the flow of loot. Vulak items and AHR items always went for a huge amount and you would need to have substantial bank for those. Payments were made on the spot and the cut was parceled thru the in game mail.

The only realistic use of GDKP on blue would be HoT raids and Vindi.

As for free loafers on raids, since the total take is split, if someone was found to be not contributing they were just removed from the split and banned from attending future raids. Pretty much everyone on the raid had motivation to report slackers.

Nexii
01-29-2021, 12:10 PM
Why wouldn't it be realistic on blue for raid content? GMs would ban it? Or just the overhead involved.

getsome
01-29-2021, 12:13 PM
Competition from other raid guilds.

Nexii
01-29-2021, 12:18 PM
Yea it would have to be a new raid guild with GDKP structure, not just for some open farm squad.

GDKP would be far better than what goes on now. Where people stick around in toxic guilds just because their DKP is worthless elsewhere. Vulak loot prison became the term...

Bardp1999
01-29-2021, 01:24 PM
<Ferengi Alliance>

underrated post here

Daldolma
02-13-2021, 09:39 AM
Vulak loot prison

this is a nice term, it’s like golden handcuffs for aspergers living in mothers basement

7thGate
02-13-2021, 01:43 PM
Makes sense to me, I could see a system like this working pretty well. An account based payment system where you have a ledger at the guild bank fixes the plat distribution problem, but man would that become a tasty guild bank to steal.

Might make sense to require the transfer before looting but allow people to log over to deposit after the bid. People could keep an alt next to the guild banker with however many millions of plat they end up bidding on a Vulak drop and only using ledgers at the guild bank for deposits (so you could go and ask for your cut back whenever if you don't want to trust holding a few hundred k in an account owned by the guild).

ScottBerta
02-13-2021, 02:03 PM
The fact is it’s easier to farm pp and it would incentivize people to only attend raids for items they need and this spend all the other time at cash camps. DKP at least gets Raiders to do stuff for and with guild.

matticas
02-13-2021, 02:40 PM
No strong opinions on the subject, but the name "Makelove Notwarcraft" is fabulous.

Ravager
02-13-2021, 06:04 PM
nice! now where to take my rogue to solo for plat?

whats this? my mage friend is making hundreds per hour smashing HGs!!?

game's over no loot for me
A rogue in a dungeon makes way more per hour than a mage farming trash giants.

Jibartik
02-13-2021, 06:12 PM
There are ways to do this right now!

1. start a guild

Cecily
02-13-2021, 06:46 PM
I think this was the loot system <Registered Massage Therapists> was gonna use before they got disbanded for some reason.